Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pirates!

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Pirates!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:59 pm

OOC: Serp I don't really mind if you bring another ship into the game, but um, your ship seems kinda godly. And a ripoff of the Black Pearl and Pirates of the Caribbean in general. I don't care if you wanna have a very Jack Sparrowish character, but tone down your ship a bit. I mean 42 single cannon and 3 triple shots? That's a bit much. And it looks as if your crew will be entirely you/npcs, which is fine but yeah.

OOC2: Terribly sorry I've been active lately ya'll. Work and life's been busy, so haven't had the time to really sit down and type up posts :P. I'll try and get back on this stuff tonight or tomorrow. Until then check out the thread I started in the Gaming section, it explains a game idea I have. It'd be a real quality game, a work of love with coordination between myself and other people that are leaders of the different factions. I'm planning on it being very fun :). Anyways again sorry for being inactive!
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:48 pm

OOC: Fine..it'll be 32 cannons..-Le` sob and cry.- But that is fine, I have an odd feeling that there will probably be others joining my crew later.
http://www.freewebs.com/orikalkos/index.htm

Join Orikalkos, and RP on our forum.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Serpaara-
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:57 pm

A rather large ship would be sailing into Singapore, taking it's dock with a rather large crew. They began to exit, half of the men staying behind on the boat while the others went out into the village. Jack went to the closest bar, in which he would order a mug of rum, and begin to chug it as he looked around, seeing a girl he once knew. He then noticed her coming his way, he then burried his face in his hands. She had stood above him, running her hand down his back, "Dove, where have you been?"

He lifted his head up, looking at her. "I've been around to some places. And I got your money."

She began to laugh as she smacked him across his face, "Money? Dear god Jack, you left me with a child."

Jack looked at her wide eyed and handed her a sack of gold, as he stood up, "Well I guess I deserved that." He quickly turned around, shooting out the door, heading back to the ship with the female behind him.

Serpaara-
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:06 pm

Terry awoke the next morning, or rather early afternoon, with a blinding sun pouring through the windows upon him. "Uhg, me bleedin' head..." Terry mumbled to himself as he tried to rub away the soft pounding of the hangover he'd given himself. He stood up, found his boots, and put them on. He trudged out to the deck, and squinted as he let his eyes adjust to the sun. He then made his way over to the side of the ship and looked out onto the town. "Aye, we should probably ship out today... Another night like that and we'll probably be out of money, and we'd probably run 'em dry of rum..." Terry said to himself, as he went back to his quarters to put his shirt on, and to retrieve his horn. Terry used his horn to awaken his crew when needed, to signal to fellow ships on the seas, and to summon (or atleast ATTEMPT to summon) his crew from port back to the ship. He stood on the side of the ship again, and let out a long, low note. Hopefully his crew would hear it, and return to the ship and an atleast half-assed timely manner. Terry then leaned against the railing, taking in the salty air and early afternoon sun.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:20 pm

Allen stood next to the steering wheel and looked over a map, marking the places where his "friend" in the British navy told him the cargo ships would be. He saw the captain looking over the railing, and called out to him. "Hey capt'n, morning." He noticed the horn in his hands and wondered what that was for. "come check this out, i got info on where some juicy cargo ships are going to be turning up."
Let your soul Burn!!!

Life is to short to give up, never stop fighting.

The blade is a tool and a way of life.

SoulsFlame
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:26 pm

Scars had dropped the cook rudely on the poop deck, and climbed to his post, at the top of the crow's nest. It seemed that no matter how drunk, or in pain he was, he could always climb to his hide-away. once he reached the top, he fell forward into the circle, and passed out for a couple of hours. He was having a lovely dream, which involved beating the crap out of that weapon's master, then the horn blew. Out of the growing number of things that Scars could recognize as a direct GET THE HECK UP! order, the stupid horn was the first to be registered. His fist slightly raised in the air from his dream, he eyes and torso shot up, and open simutaniously, this time however, the pulsing throbbing had died down a little. He smiled, and stood, still a bit wobbly, up into the morning sun. He descended his from his perch, and awaited any orders the captin had for him. They would set out soon, he could feel it...
Sanity is just a limitation

If I was normal, then why would you even acknowledge me?

Go Eagle Go!

Le Cruise
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:34 am

Looking Upon the Shipyard, The Hungover man Cried. In his pathetic state he would never find Cap'n Terry. Every Day The Gaurd's Delved Deeper into the source of his goods. Everyday, he was forced to become more reclusive. It was bad for buisness, y'know? Singing in As loud as he possibly could. "OI, Cap'n Terry, Finest Man About the sea, Brave as can be ..." Hopefully someone would point him in the right direction, or the captain himself would hear him and yell.

Himros
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGAcher on Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:44 pm

Mari sat high up in the rigging humming softly to himself, when he noticed a drunk stumbling around the dock. normally he would just watch such people hoping they would fall in the water, but he remembered that man from the night before at the bar. smiling to himself Mari climed down the rigginf, and walked onto the dock... "it always pays to help a man in need" he thought to himself with another grin.

RPGAcher
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:31 pm

He began to swagger around, leaving the bar with two girls, one under each arm as he would drink his rum. He took them to a rather, private part to drink and do whatever they can with eachother. A couple hours passed, Dove was passed out and as the girls were leaving him in the room, his waller empty now, the girl from before can busting in. She looked at Dove and laughed a bit, smacking him to wake him up. His head just turned as he snored, sleeping so deep from his Drunkeness.

Serpaara-
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:55 pm

Stopping his song abruptly, Valesh straightened immeadetly. "D'you be part of terry's crew'en?"

Himros
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGAcher on Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:08 pm

Mari walks across the dock, and finds valesh staring at a a ship that doesn't even vaugley resemble the Southern wind. "Hello sir," he says with a small bow. "D'you be part of terry's crew'en?" the man says. "yes sir," mari mutters lowering his head a little. "the ship's that way sir," he says, pointing down the dock were he'd just come from. "It's alright now, I'll show you back to the ship," Mari says while putting an arm on Valesh as he tilts, and almost falls over turning to look where Mari is pointing. "You're with friends now you big galute," Mari mutters as he slips his hand into Valesh's purse, and helps himself to a small amount of the abundant supply of coin.
OOC: I made some assumtions about your character here, mostly that he does in fact have a purse, and that it is doing well from his illegal activities. If either of these is incorrect, please tell me.

RPGAcher
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:26 am

Terry had soaked up quite a bit of sun, waiting around for his crew to come to the ship. He returned to his quarters to put on a shirt, and also grabbed his stein and filled it up with beer from one of the large kegs that they kept stocked on the ship. He returned to his post on the side of the ship and took a long draught of the beer. It was surprisingly cool, and quite refreshing.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:22 pm

((Indeed you are correct in your assumptions, although, his business here has dried up, hence him looking for captain terry.))

"Cap'n terry? That be you up there? cuz, your lookin awfly flea ridden if it is ..." ((sorry guy's I'm suffering some extreme writers block ... =.[ ))

Himros
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:33 am

The man's business had settled. He had filled his ship with rum and ammunition for the cannons and the rifle's. He left the woman behind, waving farewell as he took a swig of rum. His ship's sails caught wind, taking off to another place, in which he would surely run into other pirates.

Serpaara-
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady_Sin on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:17 pm

OOC/side note: First off, I wanna say what an interesting crew you've all created so far. I got so into the story, I had to keep a Word Doc to keep track of all the people in it so far. Also, if it's alright with you Axle, if my character had once shared a rather romantic relationship with Terry in the past, I would really appreciate it.

Name: Amelia "Ashes" Copperstone

History:
A dashingly handsome man who auctioned off ancient antiques to the highest bidders...

A beautiful yet young peasant woman who loved to express herself on the stage...

Amelia was raised like any other woman within high society. She was taught to dress, act, and present herself as both a young lady and a combatable wife. She had lost her mother in child birth; or rather, her mother had died giving birth to her. Instead of raising her as a single parent, her father had paid only the best Tutors and Nanies money could buy in his place for her care. Although he was mostly over seas doing what he called 'important business work', he made it certain that she was lavished and doted over in only the finest clothing and accessories.

When he finally did return home after leaving her parentless for almost 17 years, he had arranged a proposed marraige where she would meet with a few gentlemen her father had come into contact over the last few years and have her to choose a suitable husband to wed. However, since she had no real bond with the man she knew as her father, she had refused his deal. At first he had thought maybe she was just nervous, even shy at the fact of thinking about marry so suddenly, but when each time he again asked her to choose one of the chosen to be her groom-to-be, she would again refuse his offer, his patience for her growing thinner and thinner as days went by.

Finally, it got to a point where he made it so she would not step one foot outside their home until she had chosen a husband, but years spent without a father-figure in her life made her both cold, unresponsive, and hard-headed. This too added to the built up rage and tension between the two, until she decided to take desperate measures into her own hands and sneak outside of the lavishly built home disguised none other than as a mer peasant boy(thanks to her mother's collection of costumes and make-up stashed away in her traveling chest).

By the end of the day, her father had sent out out a 'Wanted' poster for her capture, paying nearly triple the amount her mother would've made in one performance; if the play was a success of course. Savor for the time she sneaked back into her home to retrieve some personal items; all while not being noticed or spotted, Amelia was never found. Living the life of the simple folk and what they did, she saw things differently in their eyes. During her journey to a newer and happier life, she came across a young man who she later found out to be Terry "Terrible" Swansworth, Captain of the ship known as "The Southern Wind".

After a few years(ages 19-24) spent on sea, constantly arguing over the little things, bailing out of jail, nights of passion, and loads of loat/lout(whatever XD..), the "love" they shared seemed to dwindle down til it seemed the kindles of what they thought was love had extinguished completely. Or so she kept telling herself. Now 26 years old(present time), she's the ship crew's gunner, one of the oldiest members on board who knows the captain best. Though she knows the love she once shared for the man was no longer, she loves to tease/rub it into the other female crewmen's faces(for fun of course), weather they cared or not.

Other than that, she's a pretty laid back gal who can be serious when need be, but more or less a big flirt when it comes to the male species and a total ass-kicker when crossed.

Appearance: She stands at about 5'7(5'9 with her boots on) and weights 167 lbs. She has lightly tanned skin, long straight raven black hair that hangs to about the end of her tail bone/butt, dark cat-like eyes, and thick eyelashes. Her figure is like that of an hour-glass(busty chested, small waist, and birth-shaped hips), but despite her girlish appearance, she can stand her ground and carry her weight.
Clothing: A ruffled, white, long sleeved shirt that hangs off her shoulders revealing slight cleavage, a blood red corset set right underneath her breasts to her thighs, black leather pants, and black high heeled boots that cut off at her kneecaps.

Equipment: 2 Pistols hung on either side of her waist and a few Daggers hidden amongst her clothing

Position: Gunner(Taking charge of the ship's cannons, making sure they are maintained and that the crew are trained to use them as well when in combat). Is also responsible for making sure that all gun ports are closed during bad wheather and that they are all secured.

The afternoon air felt cool against her face, the smell of the salty sea filling her senses as she stepped out from below deck, arms outstreched to rid some of the tense muscles in her back. After declining to join the others in a couple drinks at the town's "The Salty Fox" the night before, Amelia needed to find something to do to keep herself preoccupied. She had been awake since before the crack of dawn, busying herself with anything she could find interesting, before growing bored of it and go about cleaning the ship's cannons instead. In the early hours of the morning she could hear her crewmen returning back to the ship, some laughing their heads off like fools while others complained about who knew what. One of them in particular caught her ear, causing her to both chuckle a little and shake her head. Captain Terry Swansworth. Drunk off his ass again and literally being dragged home by one of his crewmen; Izzy in general. It was sad really when you have someone almost 10 years younger than yourself helping you home from nearly drinking the place dry and then forgetting what happened the next morning. It was sad, but somehow funny at the same time. Well, to her anyways.

After doing a few streches, she made her way over towards her Captain, noticing she was one of the first to arrive and on time no less. Although she wasn't as rowdy as her other shipmates, she knew to show up when called, especially if it's your boss. Flipping some of her black hair over one of her shoulders, she stood before the taller man, her ruby red lips curved into a seductive little grin. "Good morning love..." Even before she had approached him, she could smell the rum oozing from his pours, wearing it like a heavily coated perfume. At least it was better than smelling one's body odor from not bathing days on end. That usually ruined the mood for her.

Lady_Sin
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:08 pm

OOC: That's fine Lady Sin, welcome to the game :). Have fun, and you've created quite an interesting character indeed!

IC: Terry had just taken another swig of rum, when from behind him he heard the familiar *Click-Thunk* of high-heeled boots... "Good morning love.." The voice said, and Terry knew who'd be standing there next to him when he turned. Terry turned, and sure enough it was Amelia. "Good morning yourself love. Keeping yourself busy polishing them cannons this morning?" Terry nudged her and gave her a suggestive smile. They'd shared much in the past few years, but now things weren't the same as they were before. Did Terry still find her attractive? Sure. But Terry knew things weren't the same for them anymore, but she was still a valuable member of the crew. And who knew? Perhaps another night of passion would present itself, as they seemed to from time to time...

OOC: Lady if the assumption or whatever I've made at the end of the post isn't ok with you, just tell me and I can edit it :).

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:01 am

OOC: Serrpera once again you are a rediculouse piece of shit. How dare you steal stuff from Pirates Of teh Carrabean! If i knew you in person i would slap you. Your aninsult to RPG games. You better watch your writing or i will get you kicked off. No more stealing from movies GOT IT! Its a copy righted movie anway. Dumbass
OOC2: Sorry i was gon so long. lots of life things...

IC: Izzy walked onto deck after Terry had blown the horn. She was also ready to move out. She walked up behind Terry in time to see him and Amelia share a suggestive look and nudge. Izzy didnt like Amelia at all. Deep down sh had feelings for Terry, deep dark feelings that no one knew of. And to see them be so close made her flame and a monster burned in her chest. But she would never let on, she had far more controll than that. She walked forward and stood at the captins other side, as his right hand women and co captin it was her place.
"ello captin. How was your drunken stuper last night?" she looked over and grinned at him with a sly wink. Then she looked down at Amelia, "Amelia how are you this fine bright day?" She didnt really wait for a reply but turned back to Terry. "So capin where we off to now?" Izzy wanted to get out to sea, she was starting to feel traped and suffocated on this plot of land. She needed the open ocean to live. She looked back at Terry and gave an inward sigh at the sight of him. Her captin and nothing more... what more could come of it. She then waited for Terry's response as she looked over the crew assembled.
To lie is to sleep, to sleep is to die. So where must one lie to sleep without death...

LiL_KK
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGAcher on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Having returned to the ship, Mari quickly ran off to his small nook below deck. He pulled the coins he had filched from his pocket. one small worn silver piece that was no longer recognizeable, a larger fat silver piece that appeared to have been minted very recently bearing the face of some king he didn't recognize, and some words in a language he couldn't read. lastly a small copper coing, which appeared to be an American penny. he opened his small box, where he kept his stuff that other people might find valuable, and tossed in the large silver, and the penny. He was saving up to buy a sword one day, but he had no idea what they cost, or where he might get one. He closed the box, latched it shut, and slid it back in the corner where he pretended it was hidden as best he could, then he pulled out his knife.

FLashback: The knife had been a gift from his mother. Mari never knew his father, but his mother had given him a knife, and told him it had been his father's. The knife was one of the few things in the world that Mari truely cared about, now that his mother was dead, and his home burned to the ground.

He pulled out the worn silver coin, and notched the date, and the name 'Valesh' into it with the back side of his knife point. Mari always knew what day it was, he had been keeping track since he was 5, and he'd never been wrong about it once. He put his knife back in his belt, and looked around the room. no one was in sight, so he carefully pulled open the loose board in the wall that lead to his secret place. His secret place was actually a box under the captains bed, buried behind other boxes, which were burried behind a long forgotten pile of junk.

Mari took the box down, and opened it. Inside were momento's he had stolen from every person who had served aboard the ship, since he had joined 3 years ago. many were coins, but there were other things. all were small objects, that he hoped would never be missed. He took out a leather strap with the name tommy on it, and started to cry. He shoved the strap, along with the worn old silver coin, back into the box, and pushed the box back into the hole. He replaced the board on the wall, sealing up his secret place, so that no one could ever find out. He wiped the tears from his eyes, and walked back up on deck to see how he could help get the ship out to sea.

RPGAcher
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:49 pm

Terry turned to face Izzy, and listened as she asked where they'd be heading out to next. "Well, I've heard rumors of a mercheant ship, said to be carrying many pieces of gold indeed. Along wit' alot of silver, and other garbage that the rich pay fat sacks of gold for. I'm thinking we might try to intercept it, so that's one thing that we should keep in mind... Other than that, I'm not sure what we'll do." He then turned to face the port, squinting his eyes against the glaring sun. "Oi, where be the rest of me crew?" Terry asked himself aloud, as he took a small drink of rum.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:58 pm

Izzy nodded at Terry's idea. A good merchant ship could be a nice sack of gold for all the crew. Terry had turned to look at his boat, "Oi, where be the rest of me crew?" he wondered aloud. Izzy just rolled her eyes as he took a swig of rum. *silly drunk* she thought to herself. *If you cant beat em join em.* She reached out and took Terry's rum and putting it to her lips took a long swallow, more like a chug. She whipped her mouth with her arm and handed the bottle back to Terry. She smiled at his bewlidered look. "What capin? You didnt mind the idea of swapping spit last night with this salty sea wench." She grinned evily. She loved to bring up what Terry had done in the hours of his drunken stuper. She was one of the few people who was alloud to do this and not get in trouble for it. She never did it in front of people or loud enough to be heard though.

LiL_KK
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!