Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Pirates!

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Pirates!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:06 am

As Izzy returned the bottle to his hand, she just looked at him and said, "What capin? You didnt mind the idea of swapping spit last night with this salty sea wench." Terry just grinned and said, "Aye but not to have ye drink my morning rum ya scurvey dog." Terry finished the small bottle and chucked it out into the ocean. Terry stretched, and went about checking things out. He needed to check everything before they cast off, and he spotted Mari. "Aye! Mari! How're ya this fine morning? We're gonna be leaving today, if ye could do whatever ya can to get us ready to set sails, I'd appreciate it son." Terry smiled at the boy as he continued on down the deck, checking various things on his ship as he walked.
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:22 am

Scars was begining to get impatient, he had been waiting in the crow's nest for a little under an hour now. Scars bent over the railing, and cupped a hand around his mouth, as if to yell at someone.

"OY, CAPIN!"He yelled," WHEN BE WE SETTING SAIL?" his necklace hung a bit loosely, Scars didn't mind though, he scratched at his bandages while he waited for a response...
Sanity is just a limitation

If I was normal, then why would you even acknowledge me?

Go Eagle Go!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGAcher on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:32 am

Mari walked up on deck, and jumped when we heard the captain yell to him "Aye! Mari! How're ya this fine morning? We're gonna be leaving today, if ye could do whatever ya can to get us ready to set sails, I'd appreciate it son." He gave a short nod, started to say something, then just swallowed. Crying always made him jumpy. He knew a good number of the men on this ship would pick on him something fierce if they saw him crying, and he'd get no relief because he was just a boy. He turned, and started to walk across the ship, but he walked right into a large surly sailor. "sorry sir," he muttered, and quicky turned and walked in a differant direction. He found some knots that looked a little loose, and tightened them, then when he was satisfied the ship was ready to leave port He climbed up the rigging, and sat on the yard next to the crow's nest. "morning sir," he said to scars, trying to sound as chipper as possible.

RPGAcher
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:36 am

Scars turned around, the jumpy boy was in the crow's nest with him. Scars crossed his arms.

"Oye, it seems to be more noon then morn," Scars said looking up to the now 11-ish sun. Scars looked back down,"Oye, boy, why be it that ye were crying earlier?" Scars had seen plenty in his times at sea, many death, many lost loves, and many tears, for all of Scars Kick-ass and take names attitude, he always felt compasionate to a crying child...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady_Sin on Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:51 am

OOC: It's quite fine Axle. You write the way and what you want and I will with mine. Simple as that ^__^

IC: She saw Terry turn around to face her, greeting her a good morning with a nudge and that infamous smile of his. A small stir roused in the pit of her stomach at the sight of him. Or maybe she was hungry? Who knew. Who cared. Instead, she nodded to his question, placing one hand upon her hip while the other pointed back. "Aye, been up most of the night makin' sure them blasted things be workin' right. Ye never know when one might up and," She motioned with her hands as she made the sound of something exploding. "Gotta keep a keen on 'em from day to day."

At this, she had turned her attention the the younger girl now on deck. The Captain's first mate, Izzy. The one who helped carried Terry home after drinking the night away. The early morning played over in the back of her mind and she couldn't help, but smirk at this. She watched as the other asked Terry how he felt after the previous night, grinning from ear to ear. Amelia could only imagen what went on that night at the pub.

When asked herself how she was, she didn't reply right off. She just watched quietly as the younger girl quickly turned her attention back to her Captain, asking him when they were going to be heading out again. At this Terry spoke of a rumor going around about a merchant ship that was holding tons of gold, silver, and other valuable items upon it. He was thinking of going after it, but had no other plans in mind at the moment. Amelia thought on this plan and nodded to herself. It'd been a couple days since they last sailed the open blue and with the way her ship mates drank, they'd be out of coins by tomorrow the latest.

That's when she noticed Izzy taking ahold of Terry's Rum bottle, having herself a nice long swig of it before handing it back to him. "What capin? You didnt mind the idea of swapping spit last night with this salty sea wench." So Izzy wanted to try and stir up some problems this early in the morning(in this case, evening) eh? No problem. Amelia wasn't mad, nor shocked, or even surprised by her boldly spoken words. Let her have her fun. She'd get what she'd deserve later on. Maybe not by her hands. Oh no. But soon. She could feel it.

Finishing his bottle, Terry threw it out into the sea, a low whistling sound escaping the empty glass before creating a small splash into the wide open sea. He then went along his business, checking up on his other shipmates to see how they were doing and how soon they'd be ready to cast off. At the sound of someone yelling, she glanced up to see Scars calling down to his Captain, asking when they were to leave as well.

She then noticed someone moving along the corner of her eyes, spotting a small boy just as he bumped into one of the other crewmen. A soft smile played over her face, that one of a mother witnessing her child. Although she had no children of her own and was plenty old enough to be Mari's own mother, she still felt compassion and pity for the lad. Before she knew it, he was up and out of sight into the Crow's Nest, leaving only her and Izzy still on board.

Glancing over to the other girl, she faced and gave a graceful bow. "I must apologize for what you saw earlier. It wasn't what it appeared I assure you." Standing straight up again, she reached a hand up to flick back some hair over her shoulder. "And as for your question, I hope it was the same for you as it was for me. Now if you'll excuse me," On that, she turned and started to make her way towards the stairs leading down below where she saw the Captain heading just moments ago. "I best be making sure everything is in tip-top shape before take off."

The bottom of her shoes would click against the wooden floor beneath her as she santered off, but not before stopping to look over her shoulder. "Oh yes, and one more thing. If your feelings for the Captain are that strong, speak up. He doesn't go for shy little girls." With that, she turned her back to the younger girl, continuing her way towards the stairs until she was gone from sight, a big playful grin playing across her lips. Oh yes. This was going to be fun indeed.

Lady_Sin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:56 pm

Allen looked came up from below, wow, they had some nice canons he thought. He watched everyone mingle and then walked over to the Captain. "Well, cap'n looks I amazed you can stand all the yellin, you've got'a have a big hangover, well whatever. Here," he handed Terry a map, "I got this from a "friend" of mine. it has some trade routes for some British shipping boats, if you're interested." "He looked over at the two women, "Good mornin ladys," he gave a little bow, then went and sat on a railing and looked at the water.
Let your soul Burn!!!

Life is to short to give up, never stop fighting.

The blade is a tool and a way of life.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGAcher on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:47 pm

Stupid scars! Mari shoulda known Scars would notice his red puffy eyes. There was a reason the captain had made him lookout afte all. "I weren't crying," said Mari, "I had something in me eye." He knew he wasn't gonna fool anyone with a crummy excuse like having something in his eye, but he figured it was a strong enough hint that he didn't wanna talk about it.

OOC:the yard is the crossbar to the mast, so Mari isn't sitting in the crow's nest. but next to it.

RPGAcher
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 pm

OOC: Just for everyones info... I was sorta playin like no one knew that Izzy had a thing for Terry. All anyone knows is that they have been friends for years and they act like buddies. So Izzy knows Terry like better then anyone. Thats all i'd like to say...

IC: Izzy watched as Amelia's face turned almost green with envy and she saw the dark look in her eyes. *This will surely be trouble in the future.* She thought, *I better keep my eye on her...* Terry had wondered off to talk to the little boy that had joined their crew. Amelia began making her way up to Izzy. Bracing herself she smiled a cheesey and fake grin but to anyone else it would look completely and totally sincere.

"I must apologize for what you saw earlier. It wasn't what it appeared I assure you." Standing straight up again, Amelia reached a hand up to flick back some hair over her shoulder. "And as for your question, I hope it was the same for you as it was for me. Now if you'll excuse me," On that, Amelia turned and started to make her way towards the stairs leading down below where she saw the Captain heading just moments ago. "I best be making sure everything is in tip-top shape before take off."

Izzy hated this girl with a passion. "Yah, you better get on that."
Amelia turned back to look at her, "Oh yes, and one more thing. If your feelings for the Captain are that strong, speak up. He doesn't go for shy little girls."
"Is that so, hu... I didnt think he liked skanky sea wenches who opened their legs for any pirate to 'board her ship' but who knows who better... Funny how men can be." Izzy walked briskly passed Amelia up the stairs. She needed to talk to Terry and establish a game plan for their next robbery. She sighed, *Once we're back at sea i'll be less catty and more relaxed.* Izzy made her way to where Terry was now standing checking in with some of the other men aboard the ship.
"Scuse me Cap'in..." She waited for Terry to turn around. "I was wondrin if you and i could go below for a bit to discuss our plans..." She smiled "Figure we could do a little planning. Ey?" She waited knowing he would most likely say yes.
To lie is to sleep, to sleep is to die. So where must one lie to sleep without death...

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:10 pm

((I DIED!!!!))

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sisp on Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:14 pm

OOC : Sorry if you don't want me to join just I just had a good idea for a character that will give the RP some excitement later on during the

Name: Steve Russel
Physical Description: A British man height of 6'2 white skinned and dresses very respectfully. Wearing a broad black captains hat with the royal navy insignia sewn into it, a suede blue jacket with gold buttons, a pair of white breeches and a pair of black laced leather boots.
Equipment: He has a pistol hung from his belt and a large cutlass with an ivory handle and steel blade.
History: After having many run ins with Terry "Terrible" Swansworth Admiral Russel carries on in pursuing him, by spending much of the Navy's gold in pursuing this one pirate and his crew he is close to a demotion from the Admiral rank. He has been told that if he does not get back to England soon to explain his blunders he will be banished from the British empire and become a fugitive, but he carries on chasing his rival, and keeping his messages from the homeland secret from his crew.

Name: The Gale
Length: Eighty feet
Width: Fifteen feet
Height: Twenty feet
Cannon: Twenty (ten on each side)
Layout: Three floors including the deck, the lowest of all the crews quarters, and the second a floor holding the cannons and a large table in the center with a map showing the course plotted.

OOC: If i cant get enough members for a crew i would like to stay in this Pirate RP only with a Pirate character I just wanted an enemy as i think it will add more excitement and active writings if Axle has to perform the enemies actions as well as his crews.

Sisp
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guttierrez on Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:45 pm

OOC: It seems no one has posted in ages, I hope this is still up. If it is I would like to join, here is my account info.

Name: Admiral Fernando Banderas
Ages: 25
Physical Description: A bit of a tall man (5'11"), with short, curly hair, tanned skin, and quite a muscular, athletic body. He wears a black coat trimmed with gold, white, very tight pants, and black dress shoes.
Equipment: He has a Spanish Naval Cutlass which is 4'3", a Flintlock circa that he had bought off an english merchant, and a small boot dagger 1'8".

The Ship: (This is just a Navy ship which has NPC's I will accept crew though)
Name: Villa De Luchi
Length: Seventy-five feet
Width: Twenty feet
Height: Eighteen feet
Cannons: Twenty (5 go on each side at the top floor and 5 go on each side at the bottom floor)
Layout: The ship has two floors, at the bottom floor it has housing for the crew and ten guns that have five on each side, on the top floor it has the captains quarters and a cargo bay right at the back of the ship.

Guttierrez
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.