Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Pirates!

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Pirates!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:17 pm

OOC: I thought that a RP about pirates and stuff would be able to go in the realistic forum, but if I've placed it in the wrong category, terribly sorry mods :). Feel free to move it if need be!

IC: The salty air, the blistering sun, weeks on a ship with nothing but rum and slimy water to drink, attacking merchants for their goods, fighting the navies of every major country, etc... Such is the life of a pirate! This game takes place in typical 'pirate days', ya know the 1600's and all that jazz. I'm thinking all players may join as the pirate crew, but if there're a few people that want to join as a captain and crew of a English, Spanish, French etc. ship, then by all means do so :). The game will start in a port city in the Carribean, so there's time for as many players to join as possible. Anyways, let's get this party started :D!

Oh, and I'm not too savvy on the exact layout and stuff of pirate ships. If the length/width/height don't sound right for what I'm shooting for, feel free to give a correction :).

Name: Terry "Terrible" Swansworth
Physical Description: A tall man (6'5"), with long black hair in dreadlocks, tanned skin, several scars across his body, with a few on his face, and a skull tattooed on his back. He wears a pair of black pants, scuffed black leather boots, a red shirt and a long dark brown jacket (think about three fourths the length of a trench-coat, like a duster.). He has a wide-brimmed hat that is black, and it has several musket-ball holes throughout it.
Equipmeant: Besides his clothes, he has a cutlass which is four and a half feet long, a short sword which is two and a half feet long, a single shot pistol, and a musket (which he keeps on his ship.)

The Ship;
Name: The Southern Wind
Length: Seventy feet
Width: Twenty feet
Height: Eighteen feet
Cannon: Twenty four (twelve on each side)
Layout: Two floors below deck, housing the cannon and crew quarters. At the rear of the ship above deck is the captain's quarters.

Terry was sitting outside of the local tavern, called "The Salty Fox", in the port town of Evensworth, just enjoying the cool night air and a small bottle of rum. The whole town was full of ruckus, considering it was a big hangout for pirates and all other form of rabble on the seas. Most of his crew was inside the Fox, probably causing quite a scene with the money they'd earned from the past few weeks of plundering they'd done. "Ahh," Terry sighed as he took a refreshing swig of the brew, "I love this rum.. Almost as much as I love me crew..." Terry had a good crew, people that wouldn't turn their backs on eachother and always fought without mercy. It almost brought tears to his eyes when he thought of how they would just run through any son of a gun that stood in their way. "Oy, no need fer tears!" Terry said to himself, taking another long hard drink of the rum. His face was red, and felt quite warm now, as a smile inadvertently stretched across his face. He stood up off of the barrel he'd been sitting on, and took another drink. "YO HO YO HO A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME!" Terry yelled, as he stumbled back into The Salty Fox, knowing he'd need more rum in just a few minutes.
Last edited by Axle on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Pirates!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:40 pm

I have a character already made up. Can i be First mate? I think i'd do a great job. I will post my char description momentarily and then you can let me know if you want me to be first mate. If you can handle a girl pirate at your side. :lol:
To lie is to sleep, to sleep is to die. So where must one lie to sleep without death...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:16 pm

NAME: Isabel "Izzy" McNaughten
POSITION: (desried) 1st mate
DESCRIPTION: Isabel is 5"5 and 110lbs, with dark brown hair reching down past her shoulders and always kept in a tight braid. Bothe her ears hace 3 piercings and on her right ear is an ear cuff made of real silver. She can be found wearing a red bandana on her hear, a pair of knee high brown leather lace up boots with tan breeches (pants) and a white tank top that is snuggly fit to the curves of her body. She also has a nice black jacket that she can wear in the colder weather. Her skin is darkly tanned from years at sea. Her complection sets off her amazing eyes, they are the color of green pine trees with flecks of gold in them that are only visable in the sunlight.
EQUIPMENT: A cutless that is fitted perfectly to her size, this is kept in a sheath tied to her left hip. (dont know how big it should be) A small boot knife that she keeps in her right boot, and a pistol in a left shoulder holster. Isabel also carries a small pouch containing a small amount of gold coins. Around her neck is a small gold heart shaped locket that she never takes off.
OTHER: Been pirating since she was 13, 8 years give or take. She started out dressed like a boy and doing shit work. Came out as a women at age 17 when she could no longer hide it and was kicked off her ship.

OOC: Hope this is ok. I'll wait for approval to do my first post so that i know if i can be the 1st mate or something else. let me know on here or PM me thanks "captin" ;P

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:33 pm

OOC: Yes you're approved. To all others, you don't need to seek my initial approval. I doubt I'll have a problem with anyone's character but if I do I'll let you know :P.

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:42 pm

Izzy had been wandering around town not wanting to get drunk quite yet, she had a few things she had needed to pick up with her latest bunch of gold. She smiled to herself as she thought of the girlie things she bought. *Man would the boy's be laughin if they knew what i was gettin me' self.* She thought to herself then shrugged it off. *Theyll never find out.* She continued down the rocky road to the bar they always went to at this port. From out of the blue came a horrible drunken holler.

"YO HO YO HO A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME!" The mans voice cracked threw the air. Izzy covered her face with her hands and sighed. *God Terry, what have you done now.* Izzy caught a glimpse of Terry disappearing into the tavern. She laughed, he was such a great captin but he did love his rum. She continued quickly down the road to the tavern. She threw the door open and laughed as she heard the comotion and arguing among the men. She spotted Terry and the bar and headed over to him.
"Oiy' Captin! What is a scalywag like you doin' in a place like this?" She grinned from ear to ear as he turned around his face hazy with a drunken stuper...

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:59 pm

Terry had made his way to the bar and barely planted his butt correctly on the stool, when a voice sounded from his side. "Oy Captain! What is a scalywag like you doin' in a place like this?" He turned and looked at the person, to find it was his first mate Izzy. He took a second to let his eyes focus before he yelled out, "Scallywag? What's a salty wench like YOU doin' in a place like this?! There're already plenty of salty whores around without YOU!" He then polished off his bottle of rum then clapped her about the shoulder and nearly rang her neck in a rough, drunken hug. "AHHhhh! I'm just kidding wit'cha ya scurvey dog! How's about a drink? Some rum'll put some hair on that girlie chest you got!!! Keep! A bottle of rum for the two of us! Wait, make that three! Two for me one for the woman!" Terry threw his other arm to point towards her, and almost fell off his stool. 'Oy, I'll have the biggest hangover in the morning..' Terry thought to himself, then dismissed the thought as his rum was placed in front of him.

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:20 am

Izzy laughed at how drunk Terry was. Grinning she tried to act mad. "Salty Wench ey? I'll show you a salty wench when i cut ya from gut to chin." She couldnt help but smile when he clapped her around the shoulders in a strangling hug.
"AHHhhh! I'm just kidding wit'cha ya scurvey dog! How's about a drink? Some rum'll put some hair on that girlie chest you got!!! Keep! A bottle of rum for the two of us! Wait, make that three! Two for me one for the woman!" Terry hollered.
"EY, buddy ol pal o' captin of mine. If ya hadnt noticed, i got two things on me' chest already and they dont need hair thank you. But I will accept the rum, i do love me some rum." She grinned taking the bottle and popping the top. She took a huge swig and went to sit down next to Terry. But there was a man there and on all the other seats. *Damn it!* she though. "Eh, get outta my seat scum sucker!" THe man she addressed ignored her. "FINE!" She shoved the drunk pirate from his seat and sat down. "Thats better." She took another gulp, "So Terry what is the plan? How long we stayin' this time?" She took another swig starting to feel the fire burn in her belly and scorch down her throat. She loved that feeling almost as much as she loved her captin and his ship and the open sea. She took another swig and then looked back at the captin as another drunken brawl was taken outside to finish in the streets...

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:40 am

OOC: if its alright with you guys, I <3 pirates, so ill just post my profile and get started :D

Name: John "Scars" Holigen
Physical Description: tall (6'3) very muscular, wears a baggy white swashbuckler's shirt, with black pants, with rags and bandages wrapped around his feet (except his toes) and his hands/arms/upper chest/lower legs/neck. Wears a very bulky black belt with strange words on it in gold. Has an eyepatch over his left eye (he is a pirate after all :D ) has many scars on his face, as well as on whatever skin he decided not to cover with bandages that day.
Equipmeant: 4 6 shot pistols (holstered around his belt) 2 large muskets on his back ( each with blades on the end (( i forget what those are called)) ) and numerous knives in his bandages.
Personality: Bostious, loud, easily angered, and that's when he's sober.
History: Unknown
Abilities: the ability to turn Kyle into a chicken(South Park reference) but seriously, he can see exceptionaly far, despite being a cyclops.

IC: 'this bastard thought he could take him eh?' Scars thought to himself,' well fuck em, ill show em why they call me scars.'

"Oy, ye drunken bastard" Scars yelled at his opponent outside the salty fox, he had gotten into yet another drunken bar fight, at another bar, at another port that his captin Terry had stationed them in to get drunk, but, Scars always loved a good fight with a stranger. The dunken foe lunged forward with a right jab, scars rolled onto his back, putting his legs into the air, infront of the foe's chest, then kicked him, causing him to fall backwards on his ass. Scars rolled back up.

"Cmon ye pussy," Scars mocked him, he was far to drunk to fight well, but Scars was bored and felt like kicking the crap out of something. The drunken foe stumbled up, then came with another right jab, Scars side-steped to the foe's front side of his chest, then landed a huge knock-out blow, left hook to his foe's cheek, causing 5 teeth to fly into the air, and his eyes to roll around in his head, untill his body fell with the crushing force of the blow. The foe fell hard onto the ground, the crowd around them roared in a cheer. Scars grinned widely, and raised his fists into the air like some sort of boxer. He then decided that a little drinking was in order, he could fell his fists stasifyed, now he needed to do the same with his stomach. He opened the door, and waltzed into the Salty Fox...
Sanity is just a limitation

If I was normal, then why would you even acknowledge me?

Go Eagle Go!

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:18 am

OOC: Perfectly fine Cruise :) EVERYONE! JUST JUMP RIGHT IN! I don't bite, well, not hard :P. Just give me cookies and I'm satisfied :D

IC: Terry was busy taking a drink when Izzy asked how long they'd be staying in port this time. He finished his drink, and clumsily set the bottle down on the counter as he said, "Well, I dunno... Till we're out of money!.. Which could be tomorrow, or the next day, who knows? Or until them navy boys run us out of here." Just then, Terry heard a loud cheer from outside. "Hmm, someone must've won the fight.." Terry mumbled to himself as he tried to peer out the window. A moment later, one of his crew walked in the door, thoroughly satisfied with the fight he'd won. It was Scars, a good crew man, and an excellent eye in the nest. "OY!" Terry yelled to Scars, "Ya bandagey old bastard! Ya kick the shit out of someone again? C'Mere and 'ave a drink wit' us!" Terry then took the liberty of shoving the guy next to him off the stool, then motioning towards the empty seat. Captain Terry took another long drink of his rum. His throat and tongue were pretty much numb now, with all the alcohol ingesting. Indeed, it'd be a hell of a morning tomorrow...

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:25 am

OOC:choclate chip, or snickerdoodle :D

IC: Scars smiled widely, then walked proudly over to his new seat, making sure to give a well placed kick to the man on the floor's ribs.
"Oye, Rum, and lot's of it!" Scars yelled at the barkeep, waving towards himself, " aye Captin, that drunk outside thought 'e could last two rounds with me, oye, 'ow i kicked his scurvey ars." Scars grinned widely as his rum was placed in front of him, " To me Captin", Scars raised his glass at Terry," May ye sleep with all the world's wenchs" Scars looked back slyly at Izzy at this coment, " To the greatest pirate captin in all the seas, and may ye led us to another bounty as great as this!" Scars yelled this last part, raising his glass as high as it could go, causing it to spill a bit.
Last edited by Le Cruise on Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kazi-kazi on Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:06 am

OOC: um, this is kinda my first time, so, i hope no one minds if i join...here goes...

Name: Jack Thrustles
Physical Description: short, (3'9) and fat, but very strong. Wears: a chef's hat, white (with plenty of stains) and loosly-fitting brown clothing. short greasy black hair, balding at the back. No scars or tatoos, and has fiery green eyes
Equipmeant: Basic cooking utensils, a large musket ( nicknamed boomy) and his wit
Personality: Suck-up, but loyal to his Captin, VERY easily drunk.

IC: Jack thrust up his glass of rum, with the rest of the pirates in the Salty Fox, and cheered for their brave captin, when Jack tumbled over, drunken to exhaustion, and begain to sleep before he hit the floor.
Eneregy=MC hammer

Kazi-kazi
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:36 pm

Izzy glowered at Scars when he made the comment about the wenches and looked at her. Not many people knew her true feelings for Captin Terry but some tried to guess. But in all reality no one really knew her feelings becuase she didnt know her feelings, all she was certin of was she would give her life for Terry and that was that. She took a swig of rum to toast Scars for winning his drunken brawl then went back to surveying the room. There was nothing interesting going on a few slutty wenches here and there, drunk men all over the ground. IT sure was a sight if you never had seen it. Izzy laughed as she saw the ships cook Jack fall over backwards out cold. She rolled her eyes and turned back around on her stool. She finished off the last of her rum. "OY! Barkeep! I need som'more rum. Acutally make that two, i noticed Terry's out and he'll take mine if I aint watchin' 'im." She looked at Terry mocking disgust, then laughed. "Sound good to you captin? One last rum to push you over the edge to a complete and total hangover tomorrow?" IT was hard for Izzy to keep up her Pirate slang. She used a little here and a little there but not a lot of it. Before she ran away at 13 she had been schooled well and it was hard to get rid of that way of speaking. No one ever really commented on it, you dont really ask a pirate what their past was even if she is a girl. The barkeep handed Izzy one bottle and switched a full bottle out with the empty one in terry's hand. "Cheers captin. To a great ship and an even better crew!" She made sure to make it loud so all would here. She downd almost half the bottle in one gulp. "All right whos fer a game of darts er something..." Her words were starting to slurr and she knew she should be leaving soon, but wanted to wait for Terry. Otherwise she would be looking for him all morning in every ditch between here and the ship, knowing full well he would pass out before reaching the said ship.

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:49 pm

name: Valesh Di'Bouron
Position: fence ((Buys stolen Items))
App: A tall Bustling merchant of a 'Respectable nature'

ooc: writers block I'll finish later?

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:21 pm

OOC: Welcome to the game Kazi-kazi :), we don't mind at all, and no problem Himros. Your character is part of the crew, correct? Or is he just a fence in the port?? We will be sailing out in the next day or so, so yeah.

IC: Terry's bottle was magically refilled, and he thought about trying to figure out why it did that; but then his drunken, one tracked mind caught wind of the rum, and he again poured it down his throat. Terry could hear people making toasts to him and his ship, and how great the crew was and all that hog-wash. But he was far too drunk now to even hear what they were saying. Nearly seven bottles of rum now, yep that'd do it to get a pirate all kinds of messed up. Izzy asked if anyone wanted to play darts, and Terry was about to take her up on that offer, when his body reminded him of how much liquid he'd drank. "Oy, I've got ta piss.. I'll be back in just a moment! TO US!" Terry cried the last part, taking another gulp of the rum. He then stumbled outside, running into several people that in his opinion, should've just stepped out of the way. He roughly shoved the door open, and made his way to the alley between the Fox and the adjacent building. He untied his breeches and began relieving himself. Terry let out and audible "Ahhh..." and stood there for a couple minutes. After the process was complete, he retied his pants and stumbled back into the bar. He took his place on the stool again, and would've continued drinking... Except for the fact that suddenly his eyes wouldn't stay open, and his head flopped roughly down on the bar. He started emanating very loud snores, as the ruckus in the Fox kept going.

OOC: I'll leave some more time for other players to join. The crew will ship out within the next game day or so. Basically just have fun and do whatever swashbuckling fun you want :D

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:00 pm

((he can be either depends how the story goes =] ))
name: Valesh Di'Bouron
Position: fence ((Buys stolen Items))
App: A tall Bustling merchant of a 'Respectable nature' His brown hair tied back into a small tail, his tanned skin a result of years out at sea. blue eye's sparkling still with the mischeif of youth.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:46 pm

OOC:excellent, and welcome Wind-wind

IC: Scars laughed loudly when Izzy glowered at him, he had been making jokes like that for, well, every since he met her... Scars finished off his glass in one gulp, and laughed at the cook.

"Oye, ah game o darts sounds great" Scars was never good at anything that didn't involve fighting, cleaning, or basic pirating, but he never refused a challenge. Scars stood up, only slightly wobbling, the rum was still taking its time, but Scars knew his head would pound tomarrow. Scars found the darts, "Oye, which one of ye scalywags will take me on?"

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:09 pm

"Oy captin, you crazy sun of a bitch!" He had gone out to piss an come back just in time to pass out cold on the bar. Izzy rolled her eyes as she finished off her rum. "this place is damn near as fun as a womens tea party!" She looked from Terry to the door and thought about whether she wanted to drag Terry's dead weight all the way back to the ship. She shook her head and sat back down at the bar. "Bartender, give me another bottle of rum. And a hot cider." She knew it was a girlie drink but she liked it and damnit she wanted some. She would just have to wait and see how long it took Terry to wake up, if it got to late she would either throw water on his drunk ass or just wander back to the ship alone. Either way she didnt care much, it was all the same. She turned her attention to Scar who was tryin to kick some guys ass at darts, but neither were even hitting the target. IT was all quite amusing.

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:06 am

"damned darts must be broken" Scars muttered to himself, his luck with darts didn't help his lack of skills in this game, at least the other guy was doing as bad as he was, Scars thought to himself. "Oye, ye wench", Scars looked at Izzy, "should we leave the captin 'ere, or bring 'is shalty arssh back to te ship?" Scars said loudly, the rum was starting to kick in now, and his speech was slured a bit more than usual. He waited for a response as he threw a dart that completly missed the board...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:26 pm

Clapping a hand on the Drunk sailors shoulder "the darts work just fine for me, watch." taking a dart and bending the bending the tip Vales squinted and threw, hitting a bullseye. "get your eye's checked, old chap." He had wheighted the darts earlier to miss, just now he had bent the tip as a distraction to remove the weight. Laughing He headed back over to his spot at the bar.

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:57 pm

Scars felt a bit woozy, always happened when he drank, he hated it, because no other pirate would get woozy after just one drink. Scar's opponent got a bulls-eye, then commented on his eye sight.

"Oye, try 'aving ye eye plucked out, and ten doing great at this shtupid game." Scars yelled at his foe, then decided to have another rum...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.