Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Places To Roleplay

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Places To Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:04 pm

We're not THAT stingy. Here are some other places where you can roleplay.

Places to Roleplay has moved to the RPG Directory.
Please add roleplaying sites using the new RPG Directory.

I hope to make this a comprehensive list, and maybe it will help us become greater, maybe not. Either way, feel free to post thoughts and reviews of any of these places, suggest new ones, or otherwise.

Table Of Contents
Roleplaying Forums
Roleplaying Chats
MU*s (MUDs, MUSHs, etc.)
Other
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Forums

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:05 pm

RolePlayGateway Favorites!
We'll review each site as we add it, and if you've got a good enough site - we'll put you here.

RoleplayerGuild - a great roleplay site with a strong literate userbase. They organize their games based on skill level, so there are clear options on what kind of game you want to join, or what kind of players you want to join your game. Definitely recommended!

Other Forums:
Aoyn
AnimeLeague
AnimeMetro
Avariel Forums
Ayenee.com
Dark Rain
The Dark Realmz
Dragon Rider Academy
Evernight
Fantasy Sphere
ForumWar
GaiaOnline
Ikuzo Youma
Minus The Papercuts
Nexus Arcanus - dice-based online roleplaying
Realms of Hyrule: Zelda Roleplaying
RPGChat
RPG Club
RPGForumsOnline
Shinkou Ookami
SkilledRoleplayers
World of Lawlzorz
Zombious Forums

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Chats

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:06 pm

Regular Chats
RealChat - http://www.realchat.com/chat.php
AnimeForum / Tux - http://www.animeforum.com/chat.php
Meta - http://ac3.metawerx.net
Underground - http://www.geocities.com/xiledlegacy_hq/chat.htm
Chat Avenue - http://www.chat-avenue.com/videogamechat.html
Refuge - http://www.refugechat.com

IRC Networks
We have an IRC channel on SurrealChat, but you'll need an IRC client to connect to it. You can also try a web version or a Java version if you so choose.

Server: irc.surrealchat.net
Room: #GWing

As far as native IRC clients go, we recommend using mIRC ($20). Other clients include SilverEx's XChat for Windows (Free), the Official XChat, the multi-messenger Pidgin Instant Messenger, or ChatZilla, for Firefox.

irc.chatspike.net
irc.dynastynet.net
irc.animeirc.com
irc.anime-chat.com
irc.gamersrealm.org (#Renchan-rp)
irc.netgamers.org
irc.nightstar.net
irc.xelium.net
irc.afternet.org (#AfterNetRPG)
chat.psionics.net
irc.caelestia.net
irc.surrealchat.net

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

MU*s

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:07 pm

A full listing would be titanic and, quite frankly, not worth your time to read through. There are many excellent MU*s (MUDs, MUSHes, MUXes, etc.) out there, but far more terrible ones. For the most complete listing, visit The Mud Connector. I'll list a few of the more noteworthy here, updated as I recall or relocate them.

A brief overview: A MU* is a sort of text-based RPG. Like free-form RolePlaying, but the world has structure of varying degrees. In MUSH (Multi-User Shared Hallucination) and MUX (Multi-User eXperience) only the world and background story are given, and the rest is up to the player, though from personal experience, these are usually quite elitist. In MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) almost everything is defined. The world, the items, skills, etc. It's exactly like an MMORPG, but text-based and far more involved with RolePlaying than most MMORPGs.

Gundam Wing: Operation Meteor -- I'll give you fair warning, this MUD, while nicely designed and coded, is run by extremely judgemental and favoring Imms (Immortals, the equivilant of Moderators or Admins) that will make it extremely unbalanced. Additionally, they have no idea how RolePlay actually goes. However, they have an excellent Academy. That is, if you're new to MU*ing, I recommend you join just go learn how to work the basic controls of a MUD/MUX/MUSH/MOO/etc., then quit.
Star Wars: Shattered Equinox -- An interesting, unique MUD. No stock areas or items, just a genuinely entertaining MUD, only downside is a low player count.
Attachments
gmud32.zip
GMud, a MUD client that has extra functionality beyond what the built in telnet has.
(214.66 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Other

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:21 pm

Placeholder.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Re: Places To Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:57 pm

Oh, yeah. I need help from moderators on organizing this thread and giving everything the right link names, and being sure that some of these places still exist. There's also some duplicates that I need help cleaning.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:49 am

Maybe NearbyGamers belongs somewhere on this list.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raj'el Vhett on Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:45 pm

Hey. New d00d to post awesomest RP forum on Invisionfree, Ikuzo Youma!

z3.invisionfree.com/Ikuzo_Youma

It's been up and running and increasing in popularity since 2003! Completely original storyline and battle system created by General Fallen. When you get there, look for Shinomori.

Raj'el Vhett
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby somberone on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:56 am

I've been roleplaying with http://www.evernight.com since 2002 and previously with monarchy...which is no longer in action... So Evernight get's my vote for best... no offense... :P
if tears were wings, oh, how i would fly

somberone
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:11 am

Another one, sent to me on MySpace: http://rpgclub.fantopolis.com/

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

BRAND NEW SITE!!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:18 pm

I haven't been on much because I have been getting my life together but I though since this was MY First RP site ever the people who were nicest to me are the ones that should be here!!!!

http://johnvalentine.proboards50.com/index.cgi

It's nothing like RPGateway because RPGateway is FREAKEN PERFECT!
It's A Resident Evil Site... the Chronicles of the lot!
Everything... Start, end after end, movies.. blah...
Hope you enjoy and I hope I get a few members off of here!

Hope you guys can join... Because I would love to see your Roleplaying expertise confronted by hordes of undead freaks of nature.

Oh, and when you do Join, I'm Forest so PM me who you are on here. Catch you fighting Zombies.:)

Nightmare
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: BRAND NEW SITE!!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kheelan Razor on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:34 pm

that is a cool site thanx for the link

Kheelan Razor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: BRAND NEW SITE!!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emeraldfox on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:36 am

Hey. I'll take a look at it, it sounds pretty cool.
I'd like to give you MY brand new site as well that I just made yesterday. The more users, the merrier everyone shall be! :lol:
http://www.roleplayingrules.freeforums.org
Catch you there!

emeraldfox
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Roleplay!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fairy on Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:01 pm

If you love roleplay, then you will love my RPG site! You will need to sign up too the forum and join a race.

Heres the link.. http://onlineroleplay.myfastforum.org/

We have a few ranks open, such as MOD.

Thanks *^_^*
People... do us all a favour and SPELL CHECK!

But my dreams aren't as empty...
As my conscience seems to be.
I have hours... Only lonely,
My love is vengeance
That's never free.

(18:59:09) Fairy: must... make... better... char... desc... -crawls- :l
(18:59:18) Tarmo: Fairy, no!
(18:59:24) Fairy: but i must!
(18:59:28) Tarmo: You'll die if you do!
(18:59:36) Fairy: its the only way!

Fairy
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakob Gray on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:34 pm

Here's the site that spawned Angalia and Immortal Medical.

http://www.freepowerboards.com/lawlzorz ... 4874760af9

Also known as lawlzorz.co.nr

Though since we do endorse some hacking it may not be a site Remaeus would like to link to.

Jakob Gray
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkFire on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:00 pm

Avariel Forums is a nice place to RP. It used to be the site for a long-running RP known as "The World of Avariel" (which is sadly dead now) and it also served as a home to Syrrianothyr, a fast-pace and very long RP that is also no longer running. However Avariel Forums is still open to user roleplays, and there are a few excellently made ones up and running. The sad thing is that Avariel is slowly dying due to inactive members. There are a few who still frequent the site but we do need more active users.

DarkFire
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tramp on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:14 am

somberone wrote:I've been roleplaying with http://www.evernight.com since 2002 and previously with monarchy...which is no longer in action... So Evernight get's my vote for best... no offense... :P

I figure the validity of these links are important enough to mention here. I traveled across countless world through several of these links, and obviously this particular one isn't quite a roleplaying forum. Taken from the home page of Evernight, it mentions: "Evernight Games presents Canon, a free online multiplayer strategy game! Wow, what a mouthful, now with all that said let's get started..." "...Canon: The Mortal King is the current sole offering by Evernight Games. It's a kingdom creation game that pits you against hundreds of others in direct competition, guild play, and alliances. Remember, strategy, diplomacy, and war are aspects at play." So, just throwing that tidbit of news out there.

In regards to this thread, wow. That's quite humble of you, Mister Lord and Creator of Roleplaygateway. I just want to say, you made quite an impression on me with this. 8) You gain some cool points.
Knock, knock. That's what she said, mind you. And that's all she said, if you know what I'm talking about! And if you do, would you kindly tell me? Because I sure don't.

Tramp
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:59 pm

Updated the MU*s post on this, for those who don't regularly pray we added another link. =P
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Redskies, A New Rpg System

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redskies on Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a new game world and Rpg system which I call Redskies. I have been working on my project here for close to 14 years slowly building up a universe and developing my ideas, a complete world including races, history, geography, wildlife and flora. During the past 7 years the project has grown a lot, and after many hours of game testing (primarily with friends and other groups) it has now come to a point where I feel it is ready to enter its next stage: Finishing up the book, and hopefully sending it off to publishers in some near future. I’m looking very much forward to sharing my ideas with others and for that purpose I have built a website, hoping it might draw some attention, grow even further through your feedback, and maybe even spawn a small community to support a later publish.

http://www.redskiesrpg.com/index.html

The link above is where you can find my material. I hope many of you are curious to pay me a visit, and if you have any comments, feel free to post them here, or even better, pop into my forum and tell me what you think. Please take into consideration that the site and its content is still under development and is subject to changes. I will continue to add more details as often as I can.

Just to give you a small taste of what Redskies is all about here is a brief introduction.

Long ago a wretched group of Christians found their way into The New World, a place they called Cailorubia or the Redskies. Naming themselves the Teuto Novino, The New People they quickly became known as the Novines.

http://www.redskiesrpg.com/gallery-pain ... age11.html

Battling the natives of Redskies and numerous other foreigners including a hostile civilization of insect-like creatures called Gleyks the Novines gradually founded an empire. Slowly turning the dense rainforests around them into farmland and cities the inhabitants of The Regno became prosperous and for centuries their ingenuity and arrogance dominated the New World.

http://www.redskiesrpg.com/gallery-pain ... age08.html

Yet, at the peak of their civilization the Novines fell, conquered by an alien race called the Gjurons. Henceforth known as The Day of the Betrayer this marked the inevitable downfall of the Novines.

http://www.redskiesrpg.com/gallery-pain ... age07.html

Rescued by their ally to the south, the Khalens they became an underdog, consumed by the growing union known as The Concordia. Today 1300 years after their arrival the Novines struggle to survive in a dark world of corruption, feuds and plague. Nothing but a relic from the past, The Regno has been overthrown by religious zealots and the world outside is ruled by a secretive Senate far to the south. The Redskies is seemingly at peace, yet below the surface a host of ancient enemies wait for the right moment to reappear.

http://www.redskiesrpg.com/gallery-pain ... age18.html

Sadly there is neither time or space here to tell you the whole story, but I hope some of you become curious and decide to visit me. There is much more to read and many images to watch on my website. Feel free to visit my forum and post a comment or post one here, I’m eager to know what other people think of my work so far. For now, thank you for your time and interest…

/Axel Ryberg

Redskies
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Redskies, A New Rpg System

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:22 pm

That's awsome, dude!

I also salute you, for not using elves or orcs or dwarves.

Village Alchemist
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.