Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Players Wanted For Private Superhero RP

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Players Wanted For Private Superhero RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Tue May 05, 2015 7:24 am

Alright boys and girls Future God-Emperor CutUp here, me and Machamp are putting together a private group superhero rp. We're looking for two other dedicated players willing to play two characters(a hero and villain). By dedicated I mean being able to post at least once a week. And having at least one paragraph would be nice, as long as it's not one liners. We'll be using real FCs as well. Allow me to set up world to peak your interest, and if you are it'd probably be best to shoot me a PM.

We live in a world of marvels beyond our wildest imagination. But we also live in a world unprecedented peril. In the past sixty years there has been a boom in superhero activity. Most with powers of some kind, some being born with them, others gaining them, and even some learning them, and some heroes are just men trying to do the right thing. But not only was there a rise in heroes, but also a rise in villains to match them. Madmen, monsters bent on destroying everything we hold dear. We were hopelessly outmatched, and was forced to rely on these heroes.

Over time superheroes became celebrites, rock stars in the public eye. They were worshiped by the masses, posters, t-shirts, and even Saturday morning tv shows were made. Some say that it's a way to coup with all the danger that surrounds the world, ignorance is bless after all. Over time, as any celebrity does, heroes began going off the deep in. Drugs, and all that stuff that makes stars fall off their pedestal caused their fall. Soon it became apparent that these heroes couldn't be relied upon. After all, would you trust Lindsay Lohan with Superman's powers? This gave rise to the international organization H.O.R.U.S., a organization meant to keep tabs on, or control of the supers.

H.O.R.U.S. actions has lead to a decline in true superhero activity, most 'heroes' anymore are side show attractions, glorified clowns for kids parties. But not all. Some are true heroes, not caring about glory or fame. When a group of these true heroes came together to face an alien threat, billionaire Sebastian Cromwell saw this, and knew that the world needed these true heroes. So he gathered this team, this group of Irregulars together and financed them so they could make a real difference.

While this worked, and they were successful. But all good things came to an end, and it ended badly. The Irregulars were at the center of a catastrophic event that destroyed all of Manhatten, killing untold amounts of people. The Irregulars are blamed for this, and haven't been heard from since. Sebastian Cromwell has been taken into H.O.R.U.S. custody for questioning on the Irregulars whereabouts, as someone must answer for this tragedy. But what will Sebastian reveal? Will things be as cut and dry as they appear?

Alright, this RP will follow the exploits of the Irregulars from their formation all the way to a catastrophic event that killed thousands. If you're interested hit me up playa!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Players Wanted For Private Superhero RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uprising on Mon May 11, 2015 7:17 pm

I don't know if I'm too late, but I'm interested in this roleplay, though I don't know what "kind" of superhero roleplay it is. Is it similar to marvel and dc, or more like, I don't know, heroes or something? What do the villains do precisely? Typical villain stuff... stealing, causing trouble?

I wouldn't mind playing a male hero who struggles with the same things that were the downfall of all the other heroes. Not physical things, like drugs and money, but emotional things. He could be a major attention-seeker, wanting the attention and acceptance of others and wanting to be known as very heroic and selfless, whether he actually is or not. Depending on how things progress, I could see him even becoming a villain, or at least a fanatical antagonist that hunts down other superheroes, if that fits in with your story line.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Uprising
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NonHuman on Mon May 11, 2015 7:39 pm

I wouldn't mind doing a roleplay as a villain. The story you put here sounds quite interesting, and I believe it would be fun to tag along with it. I am sure my mind could move through some ideas and come up with a villain. So, if that spot is still open, I would love to fill it.

NonHuman
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vlad the werewolf on Mon May 11, 2015 9:31 pm

count me in call me Wolfren and yeah sounds awesome i love playing villains and or rouge(aka no on a side or both) i do heroes but not often

Vlad the werewolf
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Tue May 12, 2015 5:30 am

I think this is the link to the roleplay: roleplay/the-irregulars

If it isn't, then you can color me interested. I've been waiting for a decent enough roleplay to jump back into, one that isn't plagued by this recent outbreak of 1x1ism. While I'm more comfortable with playing a villain (or antihero), I can play the other team as well.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reapersquirrel on Tue May 12, 2015 7:34 pm

If you are still up for people I could join as a hero as long as I can choose the power

Reapersquirrel
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Wed May 13, 2015 6:37 am

Too all
Sorry but we've got enough people.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!