Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The American Dream

Plot

a part of “The American Dream”, a fictional universe by cass-isnt-here.

Everyone grows up wistfully daydreaming of white picket fences and 2.5 kids, but the townsfolk of Bluffington are living the dream with their neighborhood barbecues, their late night Satanic rituals, and their beloved baseball team.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The American Dream”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Plot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cayleen on Fri May 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Plot? What plot.

Here we can discuss plot arcs and what we want to happen in the near and distant future

After we decide on something we'll update the 'Current Events' section in the intro tab

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cayleen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Plot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cass-isnt-here on Fri May 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Cay and I were talking about having the high school reenact the witch hunts in Salem with an interesting mystery twist to it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cass-isnt-here
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cayleen on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:54 pm

So! Plot. Yes.

Cass and I have been spit-balling a bit and what we've got thus far is the reenactment as cass previously stated, or like a baking competition (seeing as we have a few bakers) or fair type situation. Nothing monumental I know, but it could give this rp at least some direction

If any of you have ideas, this is the place to post 'em!

Cayleen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:32 am

I like the baking idea. :) but I don't think my character would have much interest in the witch hunts. Not saying I don't like the idea, just not sure how either of would get involved in that.

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uncle Shortbus on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:28 am

The witch hunt thing would be cool, but it seems like it'd be a bit difficult to get everyone there for it. The fair or the baking thing seem like they'd be a touch more accessible to me, but really, I'm pretty cool with wherever we end up going with this.

Uncle Shortbus
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cayleen on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:19 pm

Well it looks like the fair/bake thing is in the lead. Any other suggestions?

Cayleen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:00 pm

idk, maybe it's trite, but the government or some other force could want to contain the town to smite. The name Van Helsing comes to mind but I've been watching Demons a lot lately.

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cayleen on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:47 pm

I think the government thing, if we use it, will be a large, further in the future arc

But, it seems like we're going with the fair thing? I think it should be sorta like a farmers market situation. All the shops show off their best stuff, have an excuse to make a little extra cash and get their name out there. The townsfolk can socialize, maybe there will even be some games or a bake off

Cayleen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cass-isnt-here on Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:43 am

so cay and i've made a biker gang called the Cult of Domesticity, which is less of a biker gang and more of a neighborhood-pta fusion group, but biker gangs are cooler. Anyways, they run the local newspaper and would help put together farmers market events and such for the town, so we need more characters to join, maybe even be the leader because it's a highly esteemed position, so it needs a highly put together person. npcs are more than welcome if you dont want your character committed. in order to join, the character needs a two-wheeled transportation device.

cass-isnt-here
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenPegg on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:14 am

I think Adam would fit nicely. Advice column, anyone? lol. I figured Adam drove a motorcycle and Howard doesn't really drive anyway.

EDIT: And I love the fair idea. Should be a lot of fun.

I also had an idea for a possible plot thing in the future. When Forget Me Not brought up Van Helsing, I got this idea that one of his descendants became a witch out of necessity and, in a fit of rage over a horrible act of a supernatural creature, created a curse. This curse called the Helsing Curse by most who know of it, causes anyone who has it to become angry and increasing violent the more they are around a supernatural. At it's worse, it causes the victim to fall into a feral state, almost unable to speak as their sole focus is to kill said supernatural. Unknowingly, when the Helsing witch cast the curse she also but it on her entire bloodline, damning each of her descendants to a life of hunting the supernatural or madness and isolation.

Of course this would be EXTREMELY bad for a community like Bluffington where most of the town is compromised of creatures, fae and other such beings. So I figured it would be almost like an outbreak of a disease as the only kind that are unaffected are Gods and it's the citizens job to find out who placed the curse in the first place.

What do you guys think about it? I have more ideas, but this is the most recent, sleep deprived fueled one.

GreenPegg
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cayleen on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:36 am

Oh that would be perfect! Now all he needs is a vest (maybe even a tie?) embroidered with their emblem

Sleep deprivation is the greatest creative juice. I really like that idea! I think we could do a lot with it, cass agrees with me and would have said so too, but sleep is apparently more important.

Cayleen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wheezymcgee on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:28 am

I had a small idea for my character and Fox.... Would it be kind of cool to have had them meet like hundreds of years before? Or maybe a couple of times? Just spit balling the idea. I put a small intro to that in my post but it doesn't have to lead anywhere if no ones interested. :)
I will not carry a gun, Frank. When I got thrown into this war I had a clear understanding with the Pentagon: no guns. I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even 'hari-kari' if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun! -- Hawkeye Pierce

wheezymcgee
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Psst on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:04 am

I think that sounds cool. If they have some sort of thousand year old drama, that could be awesome. I'll pm you :)

Psst
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:23 am

Heheh, I like how everyone is developing a plot between characters and Lif just knows almost anyone because she probably flirted with them in the past.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.."
- Baz Luhrmann, The Moulin Rouge

Squeekey
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cayleen on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:33 pm

I declare! Cult of Domesticity have a meeting tonight in the rp and decide on the date for the farmers market thing and then in the morning when the rest of the town wakes up there will be freshly printed newspapers lying around with info on the event

Cayleen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:00 pm

delete: ..... .... ... ..... ... ..

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenPegg on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:38 am

So with what's going on with Adam, I had an idea for a possible plot thing. Essentially, it would be that Adam took in so much info and skipped so many corners with the spell (which is why the writing on the pages is so frantic and crazy) that he is now in essentially a magical coma. Howard could ask for help from the town and this could bring a lot of the townspeople together. Maybe even a trip inside Adam's psyche and mind?

What do you guys think? If you don't want to do it, I still have a way to help Adam so don't worry about it. This is also another sleep deprived idea, by the way (man, I need to sleep lol)

GreenPegg
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Squeekey on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:02 am

Maybe Howard could pull a 'weekend at bernies' xD

Squeekey
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cayleen on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:08 pm

im down for that, Pegg! It's a helluva different pace for this rp (is it really though? magical phenomenon an all ) but it should definitely be interesting

Cayleen
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!