Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

Pokemon: Symbiosis

Pokemon: Symbiosis

a part of “Pokemon: Symbiosis”, a fictional universe by nonClemence.

Before the symbiosis, the world was one of uninhabitable extremes. Humans slowly tamed pokemon, turning the world into a paradise. But they also harnessed power, and two organizations, the League and Team Omega, have very different goals for the future.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokemon: Symbiosis”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Pokemon: Symbiosis

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nonClemence on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:28 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Pokemon: Symbiosis"

I have edited this first post as I saw fit! >:3
:3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nonClemence
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Pokemon: Symbiosis

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:41 am

Neat. Can you throw up a character skeleton?

Furthermore, will you be NPCing the two organizations to manufacture a storyline, or are players supposed to be in positions of power within those organizations?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seirei
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nonClemence on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:22 am

By character skeleton you mean the age, height, pokemon team, etc type dossier, or a character of my own which would serve as an example? (currently working on those!)

I apologize if such things are missing--this is merely the second time i've tried my hand at RPing (and the first to create one myself!) so i'm still familiarizing myself with the interface. Upon hindsight I probably shouldn't have posted it so soon, as i'd need a few more nights to sleep on and finalize the thing >_<

And to answer your question--yes, players would indeed be able to play within said positions of power. However i'd probably flesh out both parties at first, to set a tone. I'd stress that neither side is intrinsically good or evil, merely with differing ideologies, and there is room for an "evil" or "good" character to exist on either side. In fact the reason I created my own RP is to add depth to what otherwise is a stereotypical polarization between said sides in Pokemon.

nonClemence
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:39 am

Sure, Ill like to join. Loved pokemon for years. Ill post my character later tonight.

Sorence
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:17 am

Examples will be fine! I was just wondering to what extent a history is required - whether you need a backstory for your individual Pokémon, etc. Will a picture suffice for appearance (I hope not), or is it optional, and so on. I'll just wait and see :D

Seirei
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterpicker on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:52 am

I'm kinda partial to having a pokemorph character.

Waterpicker
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:54 am

That's what I thought when I saw the title too, but I don't think it's within the scope of this RP :p

Seirei
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:19 pm

I'd love to join~
When you have a Mod interested, you know you're doing something right. :p
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:25 pm

So... How many Gigs do each pokemon take up?
(^^^ Ridiculous joke. Feel free to ignore.)

Yes, this is your obligatory interested post and what not.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Gotta catch em all!

Yeah! I'm definitely interested in this story! Its been a while since I was on the roleplay scene, and even longer since I was in a pokemon roleplay, but I hope you'll take me!

All in all, what are the limits of the initially available pokemon? Are we doing the whole 'starters' thing or people can be whomever in this world?
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Oi... I made such a noob mistake. I accidentally hit the "Reset" button as opposed to submit, and when it did, it wiped my character's info clean. Luckily, I had everything saved in notes, so I was able to re-enter it all... However, I accidentally resubmitted it without re-adding the name!

Forgive me!

Zephyr
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Animality Opera on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Question~ Are any degree of canons allowed? For example, I would be very interested in joining as Giovanni's son, Silver - of course he'd be a bit older, as I imagine this taking place some time after the events of the games.
And I'm pretty sure that I'm only human;;
Then again I could be [W R O N G]

Animality Opera
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ark Reahver on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Ive been looking forward to joining a Pokemon rp for a bit and this sounds pretty good.

The intro gave Pokemon a sort of darker side that I never really realized before.

Ark Reahver
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:49 pm

Gave in my intro! Took me a little of time to correctally spell their names right. 13 is allowed right? Also, anyone want to travel with me from the very start, like a team from the beginning like they knew each other?

Sorence
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:12 pm

I'm definitely thinking this would be quite interesting. I'll be submitting a character bio later, but I'm going to go ahead and submit a sort of free-agent, neutral party character. Tends to work with machines, skilled with technology...a sort of inventor along with being a mechanic. :D I believe I saw a blurb somewhere stating that characters can have some of technical skills and machines so long as they're not too outrageous...

Drake Nightwing
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Totally love this! Pokemon is my favorite thing EVER! But I would like to know what we have to put in our bios.
ImageImageImageImage

dawnfire07
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterpicker on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:25 pm

To put my request in question form. Can my character be a pokemorph?

Waterpicker
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PaperPikachu on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Dude, I looked at the intro, and it was EPIC. You don't mind if I lurk, right? I'd join, but... I don't know if I can give everything a lot of detail. Sorry. :c I can try, but I know I'm gonna fail...

PaperPikachu
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorence on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:55 pm

Got what I think are my moves down. Damn amount of moves a pokemon can learn :p

Sorence
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:03 am

Daaaaaaaaaaaah. Don't forget how you can apply each and every move now. It's not turn based soooooo... Might as figure out how to use those too! xD

Alsoooo don't forget egg moves, move tutor moves, pre evolution moves and earlier gen moves including those egg moves, move tutor moves and pre evolution moves! And abilities too I reckon!

I feel competitive pokemon battles have ruined me for roleplaying. xD

RedRaine
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!