Politically incorrect in every way.

a topic in Flame Wars, a part of the RPG forum.

PLEASE keep ANY quarrel to these forums. This is not an ammo dump, either. Please TRY to resolve your issues PEACEFULLY.

Re: Politically incorrect in every way.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:19 am

Before you respond to this. Remember this is a forum for opposing views, if you cannot argue the points he has posted and have to resort to attacking him personally you have already lost the argument.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:52 am

I admit, I do outburst easily when faced with topics such as this, and the fact that I HAD posted a very well thought-out argument, but it got lost when I tried to send it pissed me off slightly, and I lost it ... Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to be quite that stupid and violent.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Selothi
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Defect by Design on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:39 am

Sell-offy, don't feel too bad, I had a laugh from it so it all good, and you gave me a reason to take a picture of myself with permanent marker on my face. What more can I want?

Also don't be silly that I didn't think this topic would ruffle some feathers, that exactly what I wanted it to do after all, conflict makes the world go round and nothing makes me happier than seeing people go off there head over small issue which are completely true.
Last edited by Defect by Design on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Defect by Design
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:46 am

Sell-offy ? WTH ? Well ... I won't comment. And I'm sure your OP raised a few eyebrows and made a few mouths froth, so seemingly your plan has worked.

Selothi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Defect by Design on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:59 am

Selothi wrote:Sell-offy ? WTH ? Well ... I won't comment. And I'm sure your OP raised a few eyebrows and made a few mouths froth, so seemingly your plan has worked.

You are currenly in the works of getting a cute-cee-boot-see name, as is my custom. :)
Sell-offy doesn't work.
Selluffy, I think that going to be it. It sounds fuzzy. :)

Selothi wrote:And I'm sure your OP raised a few eyebrows and made a few mouths froth, so seemingly your plan has worked.

Defect by Design
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:10 am

I'm about as fuzzy as a porcupine on a bad hair day, so spare me the *cute-cee-boot-see name* ...

Now, you got what you wanted, don't rub it in ! lol.

Selothi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Defect by Design on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:30 am

Selothi wrote:I'm about as fuzzy as a porcupine on a bad hair day, so spare me the *cute-cee-boot-see name* ...

Now, you got what you wanted, don't rub it in ! lol.

Something about me you'll learn is that I almost always get what I want. o.o; and I'm not rubbing anything in, you know you looked like an idiot and I didn't say anything about it, if I wanted to rub it in you'd be in a fit of anger about now.

But fuzzy name will remain, you can't be cool without a prop given name. D= It will make you full of win Selluffy, oh! And you know the more you hate it the stronger it will get.

Defect by Design
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Defect by Design on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:14 pm

What? Suddenly my topic isn't good enough to reply to? I can't believe I won that easy, I mean seriously, you tried to all be hxc with the keyboards then as soon as I shut down a few of your points you completely stop, that's bad arguing. =/

Defect by Design
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:59 pm

It could be that your troll failed.

Anyways, I have a question for you. Do you also support Stalin and/or Lenin.

You have a valid point about Hitler, but you fail at representing to whole truth. He did bring Germany into power, but he did at a great cost, and he certainly wasn't a saint in any respect. More of a Xenophobic bastard who could run a nation spectacularly.

Rather like Stalin when he was Premier(?) of the USSR. But the USSR was our ally during WW2, so we don't demonize him as much as Hitler.

And for Global Peace and Security:
http://strangemaps.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... moral-map/

Kronos
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Defect by Design on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:33 pm

I failed at trolling? Did you see the first page, I think I nothing but succeeded, then as soon as I reveal the flaws in their arguments they run, that doesn't reflect on my ability.

And you mean I didn't represent the whole truth like what gets fed to you all the time? Like I said I was doing the exact opposite of the mass media, focusing wholly on the positives and not focusing on and dismissing the negatives.

And yes, Stalin did was pretty bad things to people, funny how he is remembered as a neutral none evil figure.

Defect by Design
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:11 pm

If that mustache was fashionable at the time, why was Hitler the only one with it?

Can't be arsed to argue about those serious military points.
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tetrino
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:42 pm

... Your topic was originally meant to talk about the good Adolf Hitler did, and he sure did SOME good, but, yes I might have gone over the top, that doesn't mean YOU've got to pass judgement on it, I don't give a fuck about that.

Thing is, Hitler did a whole lot more evil than good, the "Traité de Versailles" might've pissed the bosch off, that doesn't in any way condole his manipulation of the whole german population towards his own xenophobic, racist and inhumane goals. He slaughtered thousands of innocent, just because he didn't like the look of them.

It's a bit like me slaughtering you, you're family, friends, pets; just because you pissed me off. Comes down to the same thing really. And yes, both Lenin, and especially Stalin also did alot of horrors, we don't talk about them half as much unfortunatly, but the thing is history always remembers the victors as good guys, and Stalin and the USSR were part of the victors of the second world war, so yeah. However, I've been taught the horrors they both did at school, which I'm greatful for, so I know a bit about it. Also, Stalin was a little less extreme than Hitler, and wiped fewer people out. Comes down to numbers in the end really. The End.

Selothi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Selothi wrote:Also, Stalin was a little less extreme than Hitler, and wiped fewer people out.

I respectfully do not subscribe to that. I see them as equal in their brutality. Hitler may have killed more, but Stalin didn't really care of what Ethinticity the people he killed belonged to. Only that they were, Out to get him, (Or as he would've put it) "a major threat to global Communist Expansion". I see Lenin as less than both, but still pretty bad. However, what about Tojo, people? No one nearly ever talks of him. Nor Ho Chi Minh. Or Kim Jong Il. How about Idi Amin Dada? Andrew Jackson? I think many all around bad people are overlooked in our modern society. It's always Hitler, Stalin, Saddam Hussein, and Osama Bin Laden.

Ottoman
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:42 am

Unfortunatly, you're right. Many monsters of the modern world are overlooked just to put the real horrors in the spotlight. Still, while we don't talk about them, they are still remembered in history as monsters; that is better than nothing.

Selothi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Defect by Design on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:10 am

Your all over the place Selluffy,
a) Yes? I did talk about the good he did?
b) What does you going over the top have to do with either statement that book marks this setence?
c) I gave fact not judgment.

How do you quantify bad to good? Can you say it worse with all the good that was done at the same time? Also he didn't have fear of Jewish people a real racist goal, they were patty's and he did 'manipulate' the German people, they all hated Jews too they did after all live the good life whilst the German populace starved to death, if someone ate a t-bone steak and ignored me starving I'd wanna' kill them too. The look? Have you been paying attention to ANY of this topic.

Stalin? Less evil
Stalin launched a command economy in the Soviet Union, forced rapid industrialization of the largely rural country and collectivization of its agriculture by confiscating the lands of farmers, who Stalin derogatorily referred to as "kulaks" - millions of whom were killed, exiled to Siberia, or died of starvation after their land, homes, meager possessions, and ability to earn an existence from the land were taken to fulfill Stalin's vision of massive "factory farms." While the Soviet Union transformed from an agrarian economy to a major industrial powerhouse in a short span of time, millions of people died from hardships and famine that occurred as a result of the severe economic upheaval and party policies.

He killed farmers who did nothing to him, Hitler killed Jews who had. (and black people but I just got attacked by a black guy so I'm not too against that idea at them moment. =/)
Stalin launched the Great Purge, a major campaign of political repression. During the continued repressions in the country under Stalin millions of people who were a threat to the Soviet politics or suspected of being such a threat were executed or exiled to Gulag labor camps in remote areas of Siberia or Central Asia. A number of ethnic groups in Russia were forcibly resettled for political reasons.

And people he didn't like.

You can't say "He killed more therefore it's worse" The world doesn't work like that.

You keep backflipping.

Defect by Design
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omnistrife on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:21 am

So this is liek the World of Warcraft Guntrix vs Khala thread.
Guntrix caused shit in Khala's guild, so he got kicked and hung around their OOC Channel. Khala put up a ransom for Ganking him then Guntrix made money off having his ALli friend gank him then they split the profits. Guntrix then lied about it, claimed he was a good lier, then denied ever lying. Here's link to the fun - http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1

Just remember, Khala Fails =)

Omnistrife
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AnoÇieregi on Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Omnistrife...

SHUTUP
Whirlwinds of tempestuous fire...

Ah Joy! That in the embers, something doth live...

AnoÇieregi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:39 pm

I think this topic is funny. I give props to Defect for trying to prove Hitler wasn't a evil bastard, that takes some balls.

But, if we really want to get into it, you're making no sense. Examples:

Also he didn't have fear of Jewish people a real racist goal, they were patty's and he did 'manipulate' the German people, they all hated Jews too they did after all live the good life whilst the German populace starved to death, if someone ate a t-bone steak and ignored me starving I'd wanna' kill them too.

*Why does fear matter?

*Although not much was needed, you do have to admit he manipulated his people, I don't think they all wanted to kill Jews right off the bat.

*How do you know every Jewish person lived the good life? Although their faith says they are the chosen people, nowhere does it state they all have a magic money pot bursting with cash.

*Hitler was Christian right? You are defending him? Where does it say it's okay to kill?

And you mean I didn't represent the whole truth like what gets fed to you all the time? Like I said I was doing the exact opposite of the mass media, focusing wholly on the positives and not focusing on and dismissing the negatives.

*If you were focusing on just the positives, why are you so quick to point out the negatives on the opposite side of the argument? Such as America being terrible.. Stated here:

God bless America and the Allies... a beckon of shining hope in a age of Tyranny by an evil dictator Hitler. -snicker-

I hate to bring out this factoid*, but "America spends billions on humanitarian efforts" is no justification that it's forefathers raped, pillaged, and destroyed Native-American culture which still has repercussions on it's people today, leaving them stuck in a cycle of alcoholic tendencious and domestic abuse.
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Walter Barrecks
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:06 am

DbD (yes, it' way quicker than your real pseudonym), what proves to you that Jews "live the better life" for fuck sake ?! Have you not realized that during the whole of Christian history, all they have tried to do is kill as many Jewish "unbelievers" as they could. So, from where came your idea that Jews are all exceedingly rich and therefore were hated for it. Yeah, it's no wonder they're all so rich, that's why half of them flee their damn country to come to damn ghetto's and the lik (note: not a racist comment in any way). And, even if they did lead a nicer life than the rest of the krauts (which they all didn't), does that excuse the germans from slaughtering them, without any distinction, man, woman, child, rich, poor, bliever, non-believer ? NO, IT DOESN'T !

It is stated in every holy book (except the Satanic Bible mayhap) that you MUST NOT KILL ! What did Hitler do ? He ordered the slaughter of millions of people, Jews, blacks, homosexuals, gispies, people from the Balkans: everybody else that didn't fit in to his so called idea of an "Arian Race". The whole concept of a race is BS anyway. We all share the same genetic programming, it's just what's in the chromosomes that changes our outwards appearance, that's all ! That does not excuse in any way a fucked up maniac like Hitler to slaughter all the people he didn't like, none of which he even knew personnaly, it's just because they were or partained to whole group of people that HE wanted dead !

And yes, Stalin wasn't much better, I've already said that, and number-wise, he did kill less people. That's all, I'm not condoning his actions in any way, he's just as much a bastard as Hitler is, though slightly less, that' all !

RANT OVER ... ...

Selothi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:08 pm

Defect by Design wrote:He [Stalin] killed farmers who did nothing to him, Hitler killed Jews who had.

Now, maybe I'm a little bit lost. What did the Jews do to Hitler? The only thing I think you've said so far about it is that they were richer than the Germans. How does that justify killing them?

You're from Australia, right? Let's take your argument and run with it, shall we? Say that New Zealand get this crazy idea to go to war with Asia. They gather up their army and throw their whole economy behind it, and then get utterly decimated. Now everyone in New Zealand is poor. Now living right next to them is the great big country of Australia. It's not a third world country by any stretch of the imagination. Are you saying that New Zealanders have the right to kill Austrailians, because, "hey, they have the money while we're starving"?

If I've missed the point and you've pointed out something else that's completely terrible that the Jews did to Hitler, please share it with me, because I must have missed it. I really would like to see the reason why any person, even you, can be so casual about a plan to kill a whole race. No offense, but it's that same as racism when you are casual about the planned genocide of a certain race. What, you say you weren't being casual?

Defect by Design wrote:okay, now lets weigh up all the negatives he did.
Mistreat Jews and Negroes, and was responsible for the death of a lot of allied forces.

Let's skip over the allied forces part. Deaths happen in war, I see you're point on that. Now, to the normal person, mistreating is maybe tripping someone every time they go down the hall. Or maybe it's setting up separate grocery lines and lunch counters for them to use. For example: the Americans mistreated the blacks even after they were emancipated. Now, to what mistreating is not: Mistreating is not PLANNING TO KILL EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM!

Anyway, I eagerly await your answer, to see what kind of BS you pull out of your hat this time.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!