Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void »

Players Wanted: Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) »

Possibly Pirates

Possibly Pirates 2: Curse of the Raksasha

a part of “Possibly Pirates”, a fictional universe by Jadeling Hawkins.

The epic tale of piracy and adventure, swashing and buckling, true love and lifelong grudges, curses, monsters, sword fights, a whole world of the possibilities of piracy!

Characters Settings Story

Re: Possibly Pirates 2: Curse of the Raksasha

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:43 pm

The flames roared about the port, burning down taverns, produce and wares. Screams continued to fill every non-deaf ear on the port, luring the warship in to port. Elizabeth couldn't help but feel a short pang of guilt on Raff and James' part, for the natives ruined wares and lifestyles. However, that strange feeling was short-lived, and within moments she had resumed her hunt for blood. It was after the third red coat had found himself crumbling into the dust that the wind picked up, moving into a steady and strong breeze. It was with some satisfaction that Elizabeth found herself surrounded by smoke - much of it black and dark grey - as the wind began to blow it out towards the sea. Within moments, it had spread out, hiding the warship and the several long boats heading out from the Fledgeling, from view. However, it wasn't hard to see that the four or five fires weren't enough, and Elizabeth scampered towards one of the blazes, scooping up a broken piece of wood in the process.

Lighting the tinder, Elizabeth glanced about for something to alight. Something that would give a good blaze, but that they wouldn't wand to be looting later. That left the merchant homes further down the port out of the question, and so Elizabeth through it onto a thatched tavern roof. The blaze went up quickly, adding the smoggy coloured smoke that moved out towards the warship and her crew.

As the brawl and attack continued, Octavious scampered through the crowds, staying out of the way of weapons and fists as he made a beeline for the boat. Having assumed that Twigs would be remaining on port, he had left with little word for his destination. It was just as Raff was emerging from the crowd that Octavious was picking up the oars, and he yelled out to the rogue.

"'Urry up master gunna' sar! We best be movin' 'lest this bastard git too close to shore afore out longboats are out!"
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Every stroke, every breath, every word brought James closer to the warship that held Richelle. As the black hulled behemoth made port, the lone pirate moved the tiny dinghy, ever closer. The sounds of men aboard carried and merged with the chaos on shore, the screams and explosions faded away as James looked upon the ship as a beast to be bested in a test of arms. The sloshes of the waves slapping the hulls of both great and small filled his ears, his breathing clam and focused, his green eyes stared with hatred at the men who were preparing to leave the ship.

A gentle bump, none on board would feel it, but James felt it, his eyes searched for a rope and he soon found one, close enough to grab onto, it would bring him aboard midship. Through out the last few years James had been running from death, cheating it, evading the hand of ole'rot hisself, not today. Licking his lips, his hand straying to his cutlass, a slip of a smile crossed his lips as he wished he had his father's claymore for this…what? What was this he was doing? A lone man facing the might of the British Empire, for what? Lowering his head James reached up and touched the note in sealskin pinned to his tri-corn. That was for what, for Richelle Oaken, come what may he would be try to save her, even if it meant his own demise. Sometimes a man fought for more than riches, this would be one of those times. Reaching into his boot the lanky pirate felt the hard worn hilt of the dirk that had belong to his great-grand father who stood with William Wallace at Stirling Bridge and crushed the English.

Drawing the dirk from his boot, he kissed it gently, saying a prayer;

"I arise today
Through a mighty strength:
God's power to guide me,
God's might to uphold me,
God's eyes to watch over me;
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to give me speech,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to shelter me,
God's host to secure me."

He whispered as he crossed himself and looked at the hull that lay near him, touching the wet wood he snarled softly, "If ye beat me beastie and hold me poppet fast, not the angels in heaven, nor Jesu hisself can keep me from coming from hell ta settle with ye!" Reaching for the rope, James clamped his teeth on the cold metal and began climbing up the side of the ship, his eyes glowing with determination.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:45 pm

With a click and a clack, Richelle felt the lock on the brig cell come apart in her hand. She allowed herself a soft cry of accomplishment, and with a parting adieu to her brief cell-mate, pushed the grille open to allow herself out.

The steady rock and swish of the ocean had given way to the sturdy waters of the port, and from the closeness of the sounds of empty battle Richelle surmised that they had come to a stop. With any luck, the British sailors would be so busy storming off to put out fires and round up some order that they wouldn't notice her nipping off the ship. Then she could find herself a proper vessel on which to continue her journey. But not without her saber!

Richelle tip-toed up the stairs form the dark underbelly of the ship, finding and grasping a belaying pin that had been accidentally kicked down from the deck. If she met with unexpected trouble, she could at least use the blunt object to buy herself some time. Before she stepped out into the light, she was careful to tuck in her long lengths of hair back under her cap. There was little she could do about the smell of pickle brine that still clung to her, but she would again have to rely the battle to shield her from attention.

On deck, everything was a mess of excitement. The sailors, even the drumming ship's boy, were in a race to get on land and dive into the work at hand against the dreaded pirates of the Fledgling.

Richelle wondered if they realized that there was no way a crew from such a small ship could have possibly caused so much trouble...the entire city appeared to be washed in smoke! Smoke that blew clear out across the man-o-war, and had Richelle's eyes stinging and her throat constricting as she tried to find her way towards the officer's quarters, where she hoped to find her weapon. She could no longer hear James' much longed for singing voice, and half hoped (knowing full well it was in vain) that this was because he had given up and headed back for the Fledgling.

"Bugger!" Richelle cursed in surprise as, lost in the smoke, she tripped over a bundle of rope. She stumbled to her knees, the belaying pin clattering loudly on the deck. Eyes wide, she clapped a rough hand over her own mouth and inwardly cursed herself. Noise was not what she needed in her stealthy quest.

"You thar! Up and at work, sailor!" The nearest British man, who was busy ordering others about enough that he hadn't himself leaped for the port yet, hollered at her.

"Ah...Aye-Aye, Sah!" Richelle croaked back, ducking her head to hide her feminine features. She had spent so much time in front of a mirror wishing her nose was less button-like and her brows more straight, thinking that a more lady-like visage might better please her swashbuckling sweetheart, but since she had adopted her masculine disguise she had done nothing but rue her thick lashes and unmanly lips.

The deck was nearly void of sailors now, and Richelle rose (leaving the belaying pin where it had landed) and tried to look busy. She paused as she turned, her eyes widening with dismay and longing. She could have sworn, in a brief gust of clearing wind, that she had seen a familiar battered tricorn rising up from between the rails. Then the smoke filled the air again, and it was too far away to be sure. But it couldn't have been. The man was lucky, but not foolhardy.

Richelle turned slowly on her heel and made a slow pace across the deck, heading aft, where she presumed the officer's quarters would be. She hoped that the Lieutenant who had taken her blade was more of the proud kind, and had stowed it away in his own quarters. If not, then she was going to have to abandon the beloved tool and take to her heels.

But before she even quite reached the low-set door off the poop deck, Richelle caught sight of a midshipman half-tripping over himself as he headed for the docking ramp. He seemed to be having a great deal of difficulty in attaching his sword to his belt--her sword! Richelle ground her teeth furiously and started after the lad, who in truth looked to be at least her age, albeit very distracted.

A powerful wind sent a thick wave of smoke over the deck of the man of war. When it lightened up once more, Richelle had her sword back and was hurrying back down towards the quarter deck, thinking to sneak off towards the life boats and steal one for her escape.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:53 pm

"Quite right ye are" chortled Raff, as he raced down to the ship's boat. The acrid smoke wafted above and about him, as to make one think, he truly was the demon the Saxons claim the seemingly unkillable rogue to be. He couldn't keep a smile off his lips, as the roar of raging fires filled his ears. He could already hear the cries of investors from the Honorable East India Company, once they learned the stores that could have filled a convoy were burnt to nothing but little piles of ash.

"Alright lad" said the big gunner, as he took a seat by the rudder of the small boat, "Haul away or we'll be beaten to that Man-o-War. This be not a fight I want ta miss."
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:48 am

James peeked over the railing; slowly he turned his head left then right, pausing so that he didn't attract any undue attention. Seeing the throng of men milling near the gang planks, and that for the most part they held their backs to him, James slide across and on to the deck with a soft thump. Expecting to hear the heavy trod of the marines come over to him James held his breath, when nothing happened he swiftly stood and dusted himself off. Some of the men started to disembark, as they did so orders were called out, this was his opportunity to try and free Richelle while the crew and company were busy quelling a riot on shore.

Drawing his cutlass and taking the dirk from his teeth, the lanky pirate moved quietly towards the aft of the ship. Almost reaching the steps to the quarterdeck, he found himself face to face with a tall, young English officer. "Where be the pirate lass? That be what the rovers are looking for."

For a moment the officer just stared at the man before him, it was very much a bad dream for the young officer. A pirate, for what else could the man before him be, the tattered officers coat, the battered tri-corn, the well used cutlass and evil-looking dagger, yet the man had a infectious smile and laughter in his eyes. "Sah, I don't believe I recognize your from the ships company. Who are you?"

James paused a moment as a smile widened and his eyes danced with a mischievous light, "Lad, I be yer worst nightmare. I am the pirate MacLeod, and I've come for me poppet." At that, the officer stepped back as the realization settled on him that if MacLeod were here, that would mean the woman was Richelle Oaken. It also meant that the Fledgling were here with some of the most feared pirates to sail the seas, Raff the Irish wolf, the red-headed female Captain whom some said were the daughter of the devil himself, and a crew skilled in sword and shot, all deadly and all sailing against the crown.

Trying to draw his sword the officer found himself facing the keen edged blade of the cutlass, "Now now me boyo, that would be surely the wrong thing ta do. I have no desire to kill you nor anyone but I want me poppet." James knew that time was slipping from him, he was alone aboard this ship, nearly 700 men were around him, wanting to kill him, and it was a matter of time before someone would notice his conversation with the officer. The sounds of the feet tromping on the deck towards them made James hunch a little as he expected a shot to his back.

"Oy wot's this then? Sah?" shouted a voice, the officer licked his lips and seeing an opportunity shouted at the top of his lungs, "PIRATES!" James didn't hesitate, he punched the man with the guard of his weapon, knocking him unconscious. Before the officer hit the deck James wheeled about and kicked the rushing sailor in the groin, dropping him in a moaning heap on the deck, kneeling next to the man as the cries of pirate slowly carried among the remaining sailors on the ship, "Sorry me boyo, where be the lass? Where have ye secured her presence?" he whispered.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:49 pm

Twigs had run off to join her companions... only to find that some of them were missing. "Bloody'ell," she let loose a soft growl as she rounded a corner, slamming into a man. The poor fellow stumbled into a few others, creating a bowling pin effect that would've brought a chuckle from the fair pirate, but not this time, Twigs growled again and drew the sword she had pilfered from the dead man.

Clang, clang, went the sword as she bashed it against the top of man's head, using the hilt to stun the man and knock him senseless with the second. Looking around for her companions, Twigs set off for the course of the harbor once more, ignoring the screaming and running citizens that passed by. Her eyes were set on the ship that carried Richelle and now figured that was where everyone would be heading.

A gasp slipped from her as a woman jostled her, knocking her sideways and into the wall. The jostle felt like she had been bulldozed by a rampaging horse and she needed time to catch her breath. Stars danced in her vision and she hurriedly tried to blink them away. Regaining her composure, Twigs continued to push her way through the fleeing crowd and toward the harbor.

"Pirates!" someone screamed nearby on the dock as Twigs rounded yet another corner. Her eyes flashed dangerously and she slammed the tip of the sword through the man's stomach, silencing him from bringing more guards. The guards were coming nonetheless, but it would give them more time to get to that man o'war.

Giving the docks a quick scan, Twigs eyed a small boat that had been abandoned by some fear ridden seaman and she climbed into it. Looking over her shoulder of any nearby companions of the Fledgling, Twigs set off, paddling for the giant ship that held her friend. In her red coat, she could easily be mistaken for a soldier, but the glare in her eyes cast out all notion. Twigs could hear splashes coming from people throwing water on the fiery buildings, but she didn't turn to watch. Her concentration was on the ship and the mission at hand.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

muketsu_bara
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Richelle had her hand on the edge of the life boat she had picked. One of her feet was already over the edge, resting securely on the seat. She was in the middle of reaching for rope to lower herself down to the sea. And then the cry of PIRATES! began to ring around the ship.

There was no hesitation on Richelle's part. She immediately flung herself away from the life boat and drew her sword, springing back towards the deck with a curse. That bloody stubborn fool had gone and set himself into a fix, and all on account of her.

Richelle at first ran for the section of deck where she believed she had seen James' wraith-like arrival, but stopped short when she realized that he wouldn't have remained clinging to the railing to ask for directions to her whereabouts. With a Herculean show of self-control, she remained motionless and awaited some telling sound (still unable to see more than five or so feet in front of herself due to the smoke). But even as she stood there, sightless, an idea began to form. She sheathed her sword, and groped about until she found a length of coiled rope, which she then hurriedly tied to one end of the railing on the quarter deck. Then she sprinted away from the sounds of the gathering sailors, her hands flying as she reached each mast and sturdy stack of barrels until the rope was all gone.

Her heart was racing by the time she had finished, and not because of the smoke clogging her already struggling breath. She was loathe to do what she must next, uncertain as she was about what she would find when she followed the high-pitched wheezing of a fallen officer. But on she ran just the same, clenching her teeth in preparation.

Richelle skidded to a halt on the deck, drawing her saber and swallowing only half of her apprehensions. There, standing over the doubled-up officer she could hear trying to catch his breath, was the familiar strapping silhouette. The first thing she had seen after awaking to realize she had survived a hurricane at sea.

She wanted to cry. She wanted to beg forgiveness. She wanted to throw herself at him and smother him with kisses to make up for the two weeks. She wanted to smack him upside the head and demand to know where his mind had gone, and was he completely daft, strutting about a British Man-O-War? But there wasn't time.

"Stand fast there, Milord," Richelle rapped out, standing at the ready a good few feet behind the Scottish pirate and glancing behind herself. "Donnae be makin' this into a battle!"

"Very good, lad!" The downed officer rasped, managing to pull himself up onto a trembling elbow. Richelle felt an accidental surge of pity for the man--she had no doubt as to what ailed him, and James wore sturdy boots. "Rally the men! We'll hang this villain before the smoke e'en clears!"

"Aye, sah!" Richelle replied with carefully contained venom. Not afore ye've feasted on yer own ears, lad, She thought to herself. But she twisted around, carefully keeping the space between herself and James (she knew his skill with the blade better than she did her own, and knew better than to risk getting too close without revealing herself) and hollered with all her lungs, "We 'ave 'im! He's to the port side!"

This contrary call worked wonders with confusing the crew that still remained on deck. There were a few seconds of thundering footsteps as officers and crew attempted to assemble themselves, and then-

Twang! Thunk!

It sounded as if a pile of sitars had gotten into a battle all over the deck, as dozens of men ran smack into the taut ropes Richelle had left webbing around the deck. There followed a choking chorus of curses, and Richelle sprang forward to grab James' arm. "Come on!"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:50 am

James heard the voice behind him, a smile broke across his features as he eyed the man before him, "Hang me indeed? Have ye nae heard of me boyo? I'd have danced before the king hisself but for the Fledgling, a ship that sailed before the guns of England herself, and freed me from the vile clutches of yer doughty king."

The sounds of the crew being knocked about, caused a leap in James' chest as he heard their tumbling and cursing behind him. A hearty laugh erupted as James felt Richelle grip his arm, "Aye me poppet, I'll follow." Crouching low a moment, staring into the officers eyes, the pirate beamed, "I'll be sailing ta hell ta save her my boyo, follow me if ye dare." With that, James straightened and then savagely kicked the man in the chest as he wheeled and started after Richelle.

"Arrgh! What be this? A crew of bonny lads waiting ta be escorted ta see Davy Jones?" James shouted as he slammed his boots heavily on the deck, his brogue carrying over the screams and shouts, "Battle, marder, shipwreck and hellfire await yer scurvy hides!" Came a booming cry that carried across the deck of the ship, as James darted quickly after Richelle, his eyes dancing with delight as he glimpsed her through the smoke.

How much he wanted to just grab her and pull her towards him, hold her in his arms and stare into her eyes, with a soft sigh he continued to follow.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:32 am

Halfway across the deck, having to shout around the heart that had lodged itself in her throat, Richelle hollered out, "There! He be racin' across the fo'cstle! At 'im, lads!" much to the further confusion of the crew, as they raced in the opposite direction.

Though his arm felt joyously solid in her arm and the sound of his voice ringing out through the smoke made her ears content, Richelle forced herself to focus on the task at hand. The way she figured, and judging from the slowly steadying feet and swearing from the tripped-up sailors (she heard one of them exploding about the rope), they had a few more moments only before another powerful gust of wind revealed their location and the wrath of the British crew fell upon them.

Richelle skidded to a halt next to the rail, where her previously selected jolly boat waited to be lowered. She sheathed her sword, and turned to peer at James from beneath the lowered edge of her hat. Her throat caught on itself and she wanted nothing more than to grab onto him and never let go. He was there, and she had missed him so much...

"Into the boat wiv ye, Sah!" Richelle croaked, pointing insistently at the means of escape. "An' if I may be so bold, I might suggest ye donnae be raidin' on His Majesty's Vessels from now on."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:45 pm

Twigs paddled the small boat furiously, each stroke quick and strong. Her target moved closer with each dip of the oar. Her hands burned with the tension of her tight grip. Breathing was a bit difficult due to the stitch in her side from the almost healed wound and the black smoke that came from the fires behind.

"O'oly laird... grant I tha strength ta deliver me ta tha' ship," Twigs whispered softly, hardly audible over the screams, the roar of flames, and the splash of the wooden oars in the water.

Muscles burned in her arms and shoulders by the time she got to the ship, but Twigs wasn't about to give up and surrender to the exhaustion that called to her. Finding a way up the side of the ship, she pulled the boat to it and snaked up the side. Peeking over the edge of the deck, her blue eyes fought to pick out her companions, but unable to due to the many pairs of legs that ran around. With a grunt, Twigs lifted herself over the edge and landed on her feet.

The red coat, she had pilfered, made a few of the men stumble before her and she pushed them aside. With a quick smirk, she barked out orders, "Find the prisoner!" Waiting on baited breath, Twigs was actually surprised when a few of the men saluted to her and ran off to fulfill the orders. Thank 'ee laird, she laughed lightly to herself as she moved about the deck.

Finding the downed officer, she arched an eyebrow and figured that Richelle, or someone else, had dealt the man a foul blow. "Man, which way did they go?" she asked the man as she knelt beside him. Her eyes lifted and watched the deck, keeping a look out for her friends as well as an attack on her person. The man grunted and pointed and Twigs shoved him down and ran off.

"Richelle," she called out somewhat softly as she moved about the deck. "Richelle."

muketsu_bara
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:08 am

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot

We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack
Maraud and embezzle and even high-jack
Drink up me hearties yo ho

We kindle and char, inflame and ignite

We burn up the city, we're really a fright

We're rascals, scoundrels, villains, and knaves

We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads

Softly growing words emerged from the salty waters surface, rising through the suffocating black smoke that trapped all but the pirate shanty in its vice-like tendrils. The shanty was an ethereal sound, sung slower then it was usually heard, by the baritone voices held by the faces – ghosts in the mist, the smoke, the sea of water and sin. Surrounding the man-o-war and flitting to shore, the warning dance of vocals allowed none to find its source. For a brief moment, the smoke thinned, and anyone looking in the right direction would have seen a small fleet of long boats, carrying a selection of thief's, murderers, plunderers and overall fine men indeed. A closer inspection would have found the viewer seeing a lone man standing in each long boat, crying out the shanty while the whispers of the Fledgling crew followed as they shifted in anticipation, steel glinting whenever a stray ray of light was unlucky enough to catch it.

Then all of a sudden – the singing, chanting, lowly hummed death lullaby – stopped.

Silence closed in on the ship, which bustled with less activity then before docking. Orders were shouted, men ran about, and the ruckus continued on shore. But the sea was still, its inhabitants stealthy, and within moments of silencing the shanty they were making deft movements of hook in wood to board the man-o-war. Men in battered tricorns, despairing clothes and carrying some fine weapons, slithered up the ropes with ease. As each head appeared above the railing, the call of 'pirates' sung out and red coats and non-soldier crew reached for weapons. However, it dawned upon a few sailors who made their living upon the man-o-war in question that they were under attack of the notorious Fledgling crew, and so their positions forgotten they fled their places aboard the ship in search of safety in port.

Within the few minutes it had taken the majority of the attacking crew to board the man-o-war and the ships crew to realize the invasion, the silence of the crew had increased to its crescendo before suddenly crashing down in a roar of war cries, oaths, threats and taunts. Immediately following came the shots of pistols and clash of steel on steel as man began to fight man. Forgotten for the moment was the fact that they had only seconds ago has the infamous James McLeoud in their midst as they lost themselves in the fight.

Octavius wasted no time with pleasantries as Raff settling into the boat, instead throwing his weight into the oars, then stretching back with back appeared to be ease (though really he could feel the strain on his arms and back) as they glided away from port. Each stroke was equal to one that someone such as Raff would produce, but was met with an inward groan from the young sandy haired Octavius. Such tasks as rowing wasn't something he was used to doing in a rush and panic of port wide hysteria, but he gave it his all to bring them to the Fledgling as quickly as possible. They reached the ship just as the long boats were setting out.

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Raff couldn't keep the wolfish grin off his face, the entire time he was ferried over to the Fledgling and then switching over to the bow of a longboat loaded with the rest of the murderous crew. As the oars moved them silently through the still waters of the port, he drew his dirk from his belt and placed the blade between his teeth. With ease he tossed the grappling hook over the side of the warship and began to climb aboard one handed, as his left hand slide a pistol from his belt.

As his green eye popped over the railing, he was greeted by a sailor with naked cutlass in hand. As the blade went up, so did the Irishman's pistol and as the rest of his comrades slipped aboard along other ropes, he pulled the trigger. Flint struck steel and spark hit the pan. There was a roar, a flash and a puff of smoke, as the lead ball was hurled like Zeus's lightning from the barrel to smash into the sailor's jaw. With a scream, the sailor crumpled to the deck, blood spurting from the horrible wound, flushing out slivers of bone and fragments of teeth.

"Have At Em" shouted Raff, spitting the dirk into his right hand, as the crew of the naval vessel turned they attention towards the boarding pirates. Dozens more shots filled the air, as both sides started to exchanged a ragged and panicked volley. The master gunner himself jammed his spent piece into his belt and drew a second one, this time placing a ball in the belly of a red coated marine.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:12 am

James stared at Richelle, the grime on her face, the wisp of hair that hung down from the hat, in that instant he knew no matter what would happen next, he would face it by her side. Grabbing her around the waist he pulled her in close to him and planted a kiss upon her, "Never again poppet, never again…" Leaning away from her he smiled brilliantly and laughed, before he could speak a whispered voice filled the smoke, "Richelle…"

Releasing her, James turned and hissed, "Blimey….yer wakin Davy in his repast lass, come here…" It was at that instant the sounds of battle and surprise filled the air. "Have At Em" came the cry followed by the roar of the Fledglings crew, wheeling on his heel James looked at Richelle, "Poppet, yer mates have come ta yer rescue, it'd be civil if ye stay…" With that, James kissed her again, a long deep kiss as he felt her body press against him. Pulling away he whispered, "It's the least ye can do for those that love ya."

The sounds of running filled the air, glancing back he spotted a pair of sailors racing head long towards the others, gleaming axes filled their hands with murderous intent. With a grunt James pushed himself away from Richelle and stepped in front of the two who skidded to a halt before the sudden appearance of the pirate. "Well now me boyos where be ye goin' wif them axes?" The smile on his face a taunt, the gleam in his eyes a challenge, which both sailors willing accepted as they spread out.

"Nigel, looks as if ye've one of them cross grained, dishonored and dirty pirates, shall we put em outta his filthy misery?" The pirate who spoke spit at James and lunged forward swinging the ax in a wide arc at his middle. Hopping back the blade sliced through his coat dropping a button on the deck. The sailor named Nigel roared and swung at James head, however he was too far away and stumbled, and fell on to the deck, swearing as he hastily scrambled to his feet.

He was of course too late as James launched a boot that smashed into Nigel's face with a meaty thunk. Pushing the moaning sailor away, James ducked another wild swing of the ax, "Mother of Heaven, I am many things indeed, but dishonorable? I dunnae think so."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:10 pm

The sounds of fighting reached her ears and she looked around. She could see the crew from the Fledgling swarming over the side railings and jump into battle. A fierce smile graced her lips as she drew forth her weapon. With a growl, she leapt into a grouping of soldiers, twisting her wrist and watching slices appear on the men's back. "I hear thar be pirates," she growled lightly, taunting the surviving members of the small group. "Ye best be gittin' offa here." She watched as the men backed off, only to disappear into the mist of the fight.

Laughing as she felt a wind kick up, she looked about the ship, seeing hardly a thing with the dark smoke wafting in from the port. The thudding of feet were close, but she wasn't afraid. Twigs moved with a ferocious attitude as she swept her sword to touch the wooden floor at her feet. Her blue eyes narrowed on the movements of the soldiers. She had forgotten one important thing; in her recent outfit, she looked exactly like the men aboard this ship. One of her comrades could easily mistake her for an enemy.

Twigs fought to look around the ship, looking for any sign of Richelle in the mist of battle, but the arrival of her friends and the sudden movement of battle, she could only see fighting shadows and hear the sounds of fighting. Frustration boiled inside of her as she gripped her sword tightly and moved about the ship swiftly.

muketsu_bara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:58 am

"James-!" Richelle tried to protest as her swaggering pirate grabbed hold of her, but she was silenced before she could get anything out by a kiss that caused her hands to find holds on his captain's coat and the dirt on her face to be tracked with tears. She looked up, blinking rapidly as the sounds of the battle faded in her ears. Again, she wanted to swat at his head and shout and cry and weep and she had not enough time to do any of those things.

Then came the raucous cries, Richelle turned her head in alarm and felt herself drawn into another dizzying kiss. Now she could only feel helpless as she was forced to give up hope of escaping her mates. And the determined glint in James' green eyes told her without doubt that this was the end of her running.

She didn't know whether to be angry at herself, or to just give in to relief.

So she drew her sword and plunged in after him, knocking back a solid seaman with a hit from the hilt of her weapon. She spun on her heel and engaged a Midshipman of about her age, keeping James in the corner of her eye as the fight waged on...

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:06 am

The shouts, cries, and the clang of metal resounded around Twigs as she moved to block an attack from a sailor. Lifting up the sword and kicking out at the stomach of the man, she let loose a growl that would have scared even her if she had the time to think, but she didn't. Pushing forward, she thought she caught a glimpse of the luckiest pirate of the crew, James, but when she looked again, all she could see was the back of some man she didn't know. Twigs smirked as the man, she sent reeling backward, took a tumble over the side of the ship and seconds later the sound of a splash came.

Not taking the time to look over the edge to make sure the man had gone over, Twigs whirled around and scanned the area. Her gaze narrowed a bit as she watched men run around the deck of the ship. Knocking aside a man that ran to close to her, Twigs moved away from the railing and stumbled sideways from the impact. "Oofff, ye bloody basterd," she growled and slammed her sword against the raised sword of the man who knocked her aside. The clang of metal on metal rang out as the two swords danced in deadly arcs.

Pain erupted from a slice to her arm, but she only pushed it aside and fought back. Side-stepping an attack and a quick lunge, the thud of knees hitting deck, and the fight was over. Sweat and blood mixed on Twigs' shirt, darkening the already red coat she wore. Her side was aching and the new wound on her arm devoured the rest of the little amount of energy left over. Frantically she looked for her companions and clutched at her side a bit as she moved through the crowd.

muketsu_bara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:53 pm

The surprise attack on the HMS Rippon swiftly turned from a one-sided slaughter of British sailors to a confused brawl, as the those sailors not caught in the opening volley of pistol fire or not ashore to restore order, charged the boarders, to drive the pirate scum back into the waves. Light glinted off a slew of blades, different in design and length but all with murderous intent. The ring of cutlass on cutlass filled the air, like the ringing of bells, with the deeper, sometimes wet thump of axes formed a deadly rhythm for the dance of death. The light from the burning builds cast men into beings of shadow, turning sailors against their own shipmates, as only the officers or marines wore coats of red or blue.

Raff was set upon by a pair of men, one armed with a boarding pike and the other with a belaying pin. There was no formal exchange challenge in this ungentlemanly contest, the open was made with the thrust of the pike, aimed at the belly of the burly Irishman. It was by the grace of the gods, that the one-eyed rogue was able to sidestep the shaft. With a growl, he flipped the pistol in his hand, to use the firearm as a trusty club and charged the pikeman. From nowhere, the second sailor joined the fray, his belaying pin smashing into the pirate's face and sending him tumbling back to the deck, the pistol flying away over the wooden floor.

Howling in pain and sending globs of blood spraying from a broken nose, the Irish corsair snatched the boarding axe from his belt. Eye blazing with madness, he leaped to his feet and, bellowing like bull and swung at the second of the sailors. The heavy blade of the axe caught the Saxon on the neck, slicing through muscle more easily, then the tarred ropes the weapon was designed to. As blood spurted from the dreadful wound, like water from some obscene fountain, the first sailor made to jab the pirate in the back. He was rewarded for this try with a dirk plunging into his breast, as the enraged Irishman whirled around, his left arm outstretched.

With a roar of pure hate, he dashed into the mass of clashing seamen, hacking left and right with the axe, like a whirlwind sent by the devil. His face was twisted into something animalistic or maybe demonic depending on just who you might have asked in the afterlife, as he reviled in the slaughter. Suddenly he stop, the swing of his axe almost complete, the blade caressing the cheek of his next victim. He stood there, panting and staring at the face of Twigs.

"Orry" gasped Raff, breathlessly and half smiling.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ModelShipwright on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Ridley Acaster adjusted his monicle at his eye in curiousity, the most devious man in the whole port had been gambling in local tavern with a few of the wealth folks. This mischievious man had no skills and no luck with gambling, so he cheated. Cheating wouldnt hurt anything as long as he didn't get caught, throwing in a few rigged cards here and there never hurt anyone too bad, besides the factor of losing a good portion of their money he figured that they would live with it; not like it was his problem, they were the ones putting the money up for the taking, right?

Well, during the middle of the game everything turned to choas and the game was abandoned, all the dabloons and riches were left at the table. Appearantly from what he could hear, a naval ship at the port was being engaged. Ridley stood at the door after everyone had exited but the bartender who was hiding behind the counter with his drunken maid. He grinned and decided to seize this opportunity to take his deserved bit of riches, leave the port, and buy himself a new Dutch Flute. He missed that flute, damn pirates... He hated the lot of them. He stepped light footed back over to the table as light footed as he could, taking out an empty thin clothed sack and handful by handful, he stuffed it into the bag as quickly as he could. In that excitement he dropped a good portion of the coins onto the floor, but he really didn't have time carefully make sure every little bit made it into the bag. He was a deep believer in the stereotype of pirates; having no love, no cares, and pillaging villages of bread and gold.

Ridley snickered as he ran out of the tavern with his loot. The bag was heavy and contained the most bit of change it had ever had in it. He looked behind him and rang smack into a soldier a frightened running folk. The sack seemed to implode on itself, sending the dabloons flying every different direction and a small pile landing atop him as he lay on his back. Ridley sat there a minute, beffudled. He sat up and looked over at the fellow he had run into, the fellow was fleeing from the area which the fight was taking place and seemed to be oblivious to the fact he had just run Ridley over.

"Hey 'ou bloody basta'd! Ge' back 'ere and pick 'em up!" Ridley bickered at him. The overoar of the crowd, clings of weapons, and guns seemed to blur out his voice in the chaos. So he stuffed his pockets full of the most he could find, yet again losing a quarter of the large portion of loot. He looked around for some sort of escape. He had a handful of dabloons which probably wasn't the best thing to be carrying in a raid of pirates. He scrambled to a one-masted longboat with a small tri-sail which was normally used as a boat to get to ships too large to enter the shallow waters of the bay. He dropped a the handfulls of dabloons into the boat and emptied his pockets of the dabloons. It created a rather large and glittering pile of gold compressed in the back.

He turned around to pick up a few that he dropped, as he turned around to board the boat a townsfolk seemed to have seen it and tried to have a go at it.

"'aye a'ye!" Ridley bickered, taking out a pocket gun from a pocket in his inner coat. "'ou! ye' 'ou! Thats my boat, ye' 'et out 'o 'ere you buggar!" When the man took off, Ridley put the pocket gun back in a concieled area. "Dumb buggar, 'not even loaded.."

With that, he hopped aboard the boat and casted off. He knew that there was a neerby patch of land that he could hide himself at for a day or two until this chaos was over, but he didn't know how to work this small little longboat. The glittering of the dabloons in the longboat gave him away clearly, and the wind was strong and blowing him toward the pirate ship, which it wasn't until then that he figured out the reason this boat was abandoned was because the helm was broken and it couldn't be steared. The boat got closer and closer to the sloop and Ridley started to try to cut of the trisail off with his rapier, but the mast was too high to reach the majority of it, and it was too late anyway. The small boat colided with the much larger schooner, it made Ridley fall backwards up against the pirate ship.

ModelShipwright
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:38 pm

A devilish glint in his green eyes as James ducked low, spinning around the sailor with the axe, he struck the man with the flat of his blade. As the man dropped to his knees, yelping, James swung the man around, and punched him in the face with the basket of his cutlass. Quickly catching the man as he slumped, James pulled him towards the railing, "Poppet, come lass I need yer help."

Finding a bucket, then another he flipped them over and lashed the man's feet to them. Staggering under the dead weight, he stood the limp figure up. Searching around the railing he found a half-pike, grinning he hefted it through he man's pant leg and stuck it on the bucket, when he let go it appeared the man was standing freely. Stepping lightly he found the dropped ax, lashing it to the man's hand then trailing the line over the shoulder and to the rail securing it with a belaying pin. Which then caused the ax and arm to raise menacingly.

The sounds of combat echoed around them as he slowly poured the powder from the grenados around the buckets the man stood upon. Saving one he kissed it gently and looked around for Richelle, "Poppet!" he whispered, "I be needin…damn my buttons." James had to duck as another sailor came at him, hopping to his left he stabbed the man in the buttock , causing him to howl in pain. Slapping the man in the back of the head with the flat of his blade, he knocked him out. Bending over the fallen man, James found a brace of barkers. A smile fluttered lightly across his lips. "Well bless me heart…"

James cocked a pistol and shouted loudly, hoping others would carry the word, "Tumble up lads, tumble up. Shout fer the Fledgling, give tongue to the Fledgling and make haste away!'" As he finished James fired one then another pistol into air, taking a third pistol he fired into the line of powder that led to the buckets as they lit, creating a fast burning fire around the buckets.

Shouting again he screamed, '"Saint's preserve us, the dread pirate MacLeod be the devil hisself!" Grabbing and spinning a sailor in the chaos he pointed to the tall figure with the ax held high. Smoke and fire around the legs, "He's coming fer us lads…flee or Ole Rot be feasting on our bones for dinner!" With that James scampered off in the smoke and confusion seeking the first mate, he would have a word with her, but one in her cabin and away from the ears of the crew.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:16 pm

Twigs had lost herself in her sweep of the top deck when suddenly an axe came toward her. A loud, almost frightened gasp escaped from her throat as the blade caressed her cheek, drawing a line of blood. Having been saved from the near decapitation, Twigs stumbled backward and stared at Raff as he apologized with a smile, "'orry."

Heart pounding painfully in her chest, Twigs gave a shaky smile back and wiped the blood from her cheek. "Ye bastard Raff, ya nearly took'ff me 'ead," she said, her voice not nearly as strong as she thought it was going to be. Before she could say anything else, she heard a voice cry out, '"Saint's preserve us, the dread pirate MacLeod be the devil hisself!He's coming fer us lads…flee or Ole Rot be feasting on our bones for dinner!"

Coughing from inhaling the dark smoke that floated over the top deck, Twigs looked for the source of the familiar voice. "Oye, Raff, ye seen Richelle?" she asked, staying close to her friend.

muketsu_bara
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!