Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void »

Players Wanted: Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) »

Possibly Pirates

Possibly Pirates: Seeds of Greatness

a part of “Possibly Pirates”, a fictional universe by Jadeling Hawkins.

The epic tale of piracy and adventure, swashing and buckling, true love and lifelong grudges, curses, monsters, sword fights, a whole world of the possibilities of piracy!

Characters Settings Story

Re: Possibly Pirates: Seeds of Greatness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Thomas looked at the gifted blunderbuss. It was longer than Brian's, but that was better for Thomas because he would probably have to hold it with both hands, for right now. He looked inside the barrel, which was dumb of him, but he needed to know if it was loaded. It had one shot inside. Thomas groaned slightly knowing now that he would need more ammo for the gun. He tucked the gun under his waist belt. Thomas looked back up at the Approaching Frigate. "Do you think tha’ the Hound's Tooth can take douwn a ship like that? I mean it's fast, but does it ‘ave the firepower?"
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xersist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Sloane and Deirdre followed the pirates in their hurried speed, Sloane shooting fiery glares at anyone who dared stare for too long at her or her sister. The comments on 'Bree-an's' choice of women caused her to grind her teeth in defiance. Then, the conversation turned to whether or not the other ship...the other ship!

Sloane paused, looking to the Navy ship that was drawing closer with great speed. Then she did something that surprised even herself. She sped up, heading towards the pirating vessel post haste. She knew that, being kidnapees, she and Deirdre had a far better chance of surviving their ordeal if they were found on the deck of the pirate's ship than if they were dragged or shoved into a corner alley somewhere to be dealt with for causing trouble. While Deirdre started wailing out for aid from any of the town that wasn't on fire, Sloane answered the man who admired his new blunderbuss.

"Don't be daft, ye slithery rat! Yon teensie boat of yours could never stand up against one of the king's fine vessels like the one that sails in now! Even if you somehow made it out without being blown to pieces, ye'd be dancing the hempen jig before the sun set!" She snapped as she and Deirdre were guided into one of the small boats headed back to the Dog's Tooth, or whatever they had said the ship was called.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:44 pm

"Hear now my dove" said Brain, getting in the stern of the ship's boat, "I might be having to start calling ye my raven for all ye squawking. It be in ye best interests my dove to be quiet now or ye might be squawking more then ye like later. Now then my lads, if ye would kindly take the oars, we'll be off back to the Hound's Tooth. She might now be able to go toe to toe in a dual with a navy vessel but she;s more then twice as fast as one. Add a few chain shot into their sails and we'll be long gone before they can even think of giving chase."

Brain placed his hand on the boat's tiller, ready to steer them towards the Hound's Tooth once they got rowing.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muser on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Matthew stood on the dock for just a few moments, pausing to look back at the port town he called home for month after month. Brief glimpses of all the women he had spent the night or afternoon or an hour with. All the ale he had swallowed, all the bread and meat and cheese and fruit he had eaten; and of course, all the times he threw that lot back up in an alley somewhere. More flashes of the people he had surrounded himself with, all the crooks, criminals, neer-do-wells and bandits, the prostitutes and the money lenders. It had been the same situation he had immersed himself in since he was old enough to choose who he would spend time with. From the scummy gutters of London, to dark and dank seafaring ships, to dingy port town dives, Matthew was destined to be scum. He spat once on the dock, in the direction of the port town and quickly boarded the small boat.

"What a rotten place, I'll be glad ter see the back of it." He grunted, sitting down heavily and grabbing one of the oars. It had been a while since he had used one, and it took him a moment to get the hang of it. But once he did, he grinned, turning to Thomas. "Oi, so you lads must've spread 'round my stuff between the lot of ya, like the scoundrels you is, 'aven't you? Ah, but I ain't bothered. Always more stuff where stuff came from, innit. Ha!"

Muser
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:25 pm

Thomas chuckled, "What was left of it Ya old 'Git. Most of da crap tha you had was food and drink. That went bad ina forte night." Thomas jumped on and grabbed the oar. He sat across from Matthew ready to set off.The cool sea breeze pushed thru the port while Thomas turned his head and watched the Hound's Tooth head toward the Royal Navy’s' ship. "Tis is gonna be good."

Xersist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muser on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:26 pm

The small boat and its rag tag group of pirates and hostages pushed off from the dock, leaving the ravaged port town behind. Within minutes the small boat was far from shore and making good time towards the Hound's Tooth. The splash of the oars and the sudden yet occasional spray of water brought back far too many memories for Matthew, some of them rather unpleasant. Instead of dwell on these memories, as he might have done had a few mugs of ale been in front of him, he turned his head and spoke with Thomas.

"So, lad, you'll 'ave to tell me what I've been missin'. What 'orrible adventures have you bandits been getting up to without me?" He grunted, taking one hand off his oar to readjust his crotch to a more comfortable position. "You look old enough now, 'ave you lost that cherry of yours yet? Find a nice little scullery maid to bugger?" Vulgarity embodied, that was Matthew English.

Muser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:13 am

As the small ship approached and was lifted up to the pirate's craft, Sloane kept her lips pursed stubbornly and her arm around her quivering twin. She kept her eyes fixed on the Naval vessel, but she was, deep down, uncertain what she wanted to happen. Logically, she should want the Naval ship to overtake the pirate's boat and rescue both Deirdre and herself. And, of course, all the other girls that were being hauled onto the ship. But deep, deep down...part of her was excited. It was absurd. Insane. She knew what tended to happen to women who were kidnapped by pirates. Especially ones whose fathers were unable to pay health-ensuring ransoms. But this whole thing was just like the terrifying beginnings of one of her many stories. Just stories, she knew. But the resemblance was uncanny.

While Sloane and Deirdre were shoved out of the way and into the group of terrified girls that the pirates had captured, Sloane's green eyes darted back and forth, drinking in every detail of the ship at work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:02 am

Brain watched as his two ransoms joined the herd of other women. Since it look like they weren't going to sit and wait for the ransom to be collected, he would have to single them out and stash them in his small cabin (barely enough room for his hammock), so they still had their honor when it came time to collect. Brain had never forced a ransom to his side at night and most likely never would but other members of the crew......they would. He need to protect his two little doves from soiling.

As the boat was hauled aboard, Brain readied his blunderbuss, waiting to see if the captain would make a fight then run or just run. Either way, Brain was pleased with his take, a satchel full of plunder and two doves. He patted his satchel, a fine haul indeed.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:16 pm

As Brains foundlings were pushed towards the rest of the girls and women, a sly look crossed one of the drunken pirates faces. His eyes travelled over both young women, and he saunted forward, swinging a bottle of rum. Pausing behind the girls, he grined and leaned forward, whispering loudly into the red-heads ear; loud enough for her timid sister to hear, and many others.
"Allo Poppets; yer be quite the looker dont cha lassie? Go' a skull-n-crossbone's look abou' yer too, dont yer? Not like ye' lil friend o'er here" - at this point, the pirates slapped the blonde girl on the rump, chuckling loudly. His breathe was heavily laden with the scent of alcohol, enough to make any lass wrinkle their nose in disgust.
"But ye' love, ye be the kind I wouldn't mind havin' a... uh... taste of.." The pirate grinned and kept himself ready to dodge a slap that wa likely to come his way.
"Yer'd put up a fight, wouldn't yer poppet? I like tha', make's it all the more worth while when ye' got the figh' no longa." As he was about to slap the red-head on the rump, as he had her timid sister, a warning came fro behind him.

"Slug yer scurvy piece o' hide, leave the lassess be. They be Bree-ans findings an' he be doin' wha' 'e wants wiv em. Now gi' back ter yer work or wha'eve it was yer were doin' before troublin' these two la'ies." Canon tapped him with the but of his pistol, providing etc warning and narrowed his eyes at the drunk, jerking his head. "Go on, before I come up with a reason the cap'n will approve of ter give yer 10 lashin's."
As "Slug" moved off, grumbling to himself and swigging his rum, Conan stepped around the two young ladies and nodded his head or Brain.
"I suggest yer keep yer eye on these two, Bree-an. It be more then one of the drunks tha' call 'emselves pirates tha' 'ave their eye on yer two lassess."
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:57 pm

"Aye" said Brain, nodding, "I thought I could leave my doves with the herd for a bit but it looks like that wont be workin. Thought our shipmates could be keepin their scurvy hands off me catch. Seein as the captain wont be takin kindly to me cutting maggot holes in the crew, I'll be taken them below for safe keepin then."

Brain reached out and placed his hand on the redhead's shoulder. "This way" he said, half pushing half leading her towards the stairs down below. He knew the timid blond dove would quickly catch up.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:41 pm

Sloane had grimaced at the scent and sound of the lustful pirate's 'offer,' such filth approaching her was far from ideal. But she could handle the lewd comments and the disgusting breath...the last straw came when he laid his hands upon her frail little sister. Sloane whipped around, her hand balling into a fist...but before she could even rocket it into the man's gut, he was being chastised by a different pirate. And then, she was being taken down below, to do who new what.

She wasn't certain how best to respond to this. Being referred to as a 'catch,' 'his' dove, and a member of a 'herd' were highly insulting...though not nearly as insulting as it would have been to be further pestered by...Slug, had it been? So she merely set her jaw and allowed herself to be led, blinking rapidly to help her eyes adjust to the sudden darkness beneath the deck. "For the record, I be no collected treasure of yours!" She spat once she and her trembling sister were set in 'Bree-an's' quarters. "And neither is my sister!"

Deirdre said nothing, merely looking about with wide, fearful eyes.

"And if you think for even a split moment that we're to be keeping your bed warm or washing your feet or serving your meals or anything like that, you've several other things coming!" Sloane added, green eyes flashing rebelliously as she straightened herself to her full height.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:13 pm

Brain had led the girls to his closet like cabin. Inside his hammock was hung across the room, from the far left corner to the inner right corner. On the floor were two roughly folded blankets, in the far right corner was a small chest, which held a change of cloths and a reserved of coin.

Brian grinned at the redhead's brazen words and chuckled. "My little dove" he said, "But you are a collected treasure of mine, I found ye and brought ye back and ye best be kind to yer new friend Bree-an, as I'm the only chance of you getting off this here ship with yer maidenhood intact. Me crew mates just aren't as gentelmenly as I. They just as soon take ye, the silent dove and then make ye father play full price or just cut yer throats. I won't take what ye don't offer."

Brain went to return topside but turned around once more. "If ye be thinkin of taken me knife during me sleep and gutting me" he said, "Just remember, me mates wont be bothered by tying ye to a cannon ball and sending ye to the dark depths." He closed the door and headed topside again.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:49 pm

Once Brian left, Deirdre sobbed once more and rushed over to her sister, who wrapped her arms protectively around her and stroked her hair. This clearly wasn't the first time that the spunkier twin and comforted the more timid one. Deirdre sniffled and shook, raising her head to look after Brian. "W-w-what are we going to d-d-do?"

Sloane bit her lip, shaking her head. She didn't know what to do. This was usually the part of the story where the dashing hero would run in and slay all of the blood thirsty pirates, rescuing the maidens with his flashing sword and prepare to reveal himself as the long missing king or prince or duke, or whatever it was that had been missing. But the only thing masculine and missing from the girls' home port town was a creaky old drunkard, who had more likely than not merely hobbled off the dock and drowned himself in something other than the rum for once. So Sloane was at a bit of a loss as to what to do. She knew that it was entirely possible that their captor was merely feigning some sort of genteel nature, to get their guards down and make them more receptive to his villainous ways. But as it was...they really had no other options as far as protection. So she sighed, casting her eyes skyward and pushing a few red curls out of her face. "We do as he says, Dee. Until we have anything safer or a chance to escape...we do as he says."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:30 am

Thomas was the last one to board. He stepped on the deck watching the crew heave and hoe, lifting and dropping equipment around the ship. He trailed behind Brian, and the "herd" of women Looking around he saw the two "doves", as Brian calls them walking beside the Irishman, taking them toward his quarters As Brian left, going back to his station. Slightly concerned, Thomas walked over to them. He put his hand on Dierda’s arm lightly "Dont warry you pretty head. If Bree-ann takes you on board, he'll make sure your safe. He may be tough on the outside but realy he's a gud ole boy." Thomas let go of her arm. Thomas was mean little punk, but he always knew when to bring out his soft side.

He ran outside hearing the camotion, of boots stoomping and wood bending. He got on deck and climbed up the mast to the Crow's Nest, whcih was his station. He sat up in the Crow's Nest and looked out upon the sea at the approaching ship.
Last edited by Xersist on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xersist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muser on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:59 pm

Even though it was small compared to the Naval ship that was presently firing cannonballs at it, the Hound's Tooth was an awe inspiring piece of work. What had once been a naval ship in its own right, had been corrupted into the twisted image the pirates desired. The wood was aged and worn, but deceptively strong. The sails were patched and ragged, with long sheets of black and white and various other cloths crudely sewn together; with the Jolly Roger flying high above the crow's nest and from everywhere it could be flown. Cannons fired below deck, impressive weapons of death individually decorated by the teams that manned them. Inside the ship, below the sun soaked upper levels, was a dank and dark maze of hammocks, barrels, filth and human beings. In the deep depths of the ship were the Surgeon's rooms, a cold man who would sooner cut a limb off than properly treat it. The floors of his rooms were permanently stained with blood. The pirate ship was a hive of activity, from the storerooms and cells at the bottom of the ship, to the high rigging on the mast, men crawled and ran and spat and lived everywhere.

Matthew stood on the deck, staring out over the crystal blue water at the pursuing Naval ship. The last of the landing party boats were starting to arrive, with more pirates, more plunder and more hostages. A cannonball whizzed over head, missing the mast by barely an inch and splashing harmlessly into the water on the other side. Matthew stooped to help other pirates on board, and more often than not, was greeted warmly by the returning pirates. As much as they were all cutthroat scoundrels, there was a small amount of trust and familiarity among them. A terrified woman was thrust on board, a hostage, and she immediately recognized Matthew. Her eyes went wide and she reached out to him, clutching him by his shirt.

"Matt! You have to help me! Whats going on? Help me! Please!" Tears welled in her eyes, but Matthew simply reached up and removed her hands from his shirt, holding her pale quivering hands in his rough tanned grip for just a few moments. She stared up at him, expecting something, anything from him. "Why are you doing this? Why Matt? Please! You have to help me, you have to!"

"Just don't scream, Jenny. Just don't scream." With that he released her hands from his and she was dragged off by the pirate who had claimed her. He gave Matthew a dark look, obviously not too pleased to see him back on board. Jenny screamed loudly as she was taken away, disappearing into the darkness of the ship, and her screams of 'Matt, please!' could be heard above deck for a few moments after she had disappeared from view. Matthew turned away, staring back towards the Naval ship, which looked just a little smaller now. Perhaps they would not get caught today.

"Well, ain't that nice. You got yerself a fan onboard, Matthew bloody English." Matthew turned to meet the owner of the voice, and was greeted with a heavy fist connecting with his jaw. He staggered back into the railing of the deck, trying to absorb as much of the punch as he could. As he was reeling from the punch, another fist connected with his gut, knocking the wind straight out of his lungs. Matthew gasped and sunk to his knees, spitting trails of spit and blood onto the deck as he struggled to breathe. A hand roughly grabbed his chin and forced his face up, and he came eye to eye with his attacker.

"Taggert." He spat, a trail of saliva dribbling from his lips.

"Aye, it be me, English. I never thought I'd live ter see the day that you came crawling back into my clutches." The man named Taggert pulled a well polished pistol from his belt and held it to Matthew's forehead, pushing the metal barrel roughly into his skin. "I guess the gods above have seen fit to send you back here, all the more pity for you. And now," the hammer clicked back into place, "I'll send you right back to them, you piece of scum."

"I wouldn't being do that, if I were as stupid as you, Taggert." Matthew smirked, staring defiantly up at Taggert.

"Oh aye? And how stupid am I, English? Why shouldn't I splatter whats left of your brains all over the deck?"
Retorted Taggert, pressing the gun barrel even harder into Matthew's forehead. There was a sudden silence on the deck now, as most of the pirates had turned to watch the confrontation. Whether they were rooting for Taggert or for Matthew was yet to be seen.

"Well, 'cause I've always been a much faster and much better shot than you, you slime." Matthew revealed, clicking the hammer back on his own pistol, which he had silently removed from his belt and pressed it roughly into Taggert's crotch. "Put yer gun down, and I won't 'ave to blow your boys all to hell. Be 'ard to enjoy your spoils without a sword, won't it?" Taggert fell silent, his trigger finger twitched. Both men paused, and the ship's crew seemed to collectively hold their breath. Taggert clicked the hammer home and stood up, stuffing his pistol back into spitting on Matthew's face before turning and walking away. Matthew stood up quickly, aimed his pistol and fired. Taggert's hat flew off, a fresh bullet hole straight in the center. Taggert stooped to pick up his hat, his face turning a bright shade of red and purple. Matthew stood across from him, smoke wafting from his pistol.

"I mean it, Taggert, next time I see yer rotten face, I'm putting another of these sweeties in it."

Muser
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:40 pm

Conan, just like the rest of the crew, had waited with a baited breath as the confrontation unfolded. As the shot rang out, Conan's boisterous laugh was stiffled as he bit down on his tounge. As Taggert returned to his buisness, still fuming, Conan approached Matt.
"Mathew English, yer a face I 'aven't seen in a long while. Wha' yer been doin' with yerself these past - what, months? Or 'as it bin years?"

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Leon was at the tavern when he heard the gunshots, he ran outside and saw, the militia fall to gunfire, pirates he thought as he ran for the inn he was staying at he grabbed his gear and waited until the pirates had all gone back to their ship he followed one and then stood at the dock for a few seconds before running up to Small fishing vessel, pushing the fisherman into the water, and starting to row towards the ship. He made it to the ship in short time and then called as load as he could to the crew "ahoy, Hounds Tooth, permission ter come aboard, someone throw me a damned rope."
Up from the sea, from underground
Down from the sky, they're all around
They will return: mankind will learn
New kinds of fear when they are here

~~ the Carol of the old ones
They will reclaim all in their name;
Hopes turn to black when they come back and
Madness will reign, terror and pain
Woes without end where they extend.

~~ the Carol of the old ones

vasa o souls
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:16 am

The HMS Seeker angled slightly as it brought the 20 guns on the starboard side to bear on the smaller pirate ship seeking to escape. Alister peered through the spy glass, he had seen at least three woman brought aboard the vessel. A sickening feeling welled up from the pit of his stomach; a vile disgusting taste of bile filled his mouth. His hand balled into a fist and released only to ball again.

Looking down the line he waited for the Captain to order the line to fire, at that moment the rich bass voice shouted out, “FIRE!” Alister ran down the line, stopping a moment at each gun as it fired, sending it's grapnel arcing out across the water towards the dark shape that raced away.

As the last of the twenty guns fired, Alister knew that those at the start of the line had already reloaded and were prepared to fire again. Striding swiftly along the deck, he patted several members of the gun crews on their back, his voice low as he said, “Well done lads, lets be ready again.”

As he reached the beginning of the firing line, he looked towards the pirate ship, his eyes narrowed as he sought any indication of damage that they surly must have caused had the grapnel reached the ship. Raising his spyglass to his eye he scanned the deck of the enemy ship, spotting several pirates.

His jaw clenched tightly as he heard the orders given to fill the sails, they were chasing raiders now. Slamming his spyglass shut, Alister looked at the senior officers and waited for the orders to fire again. The way the Seeker turned told him they would let it all go, sheets to the wind. The frigate would raise all sails and if they caught the smaller ship, the 40 guns would quickly shred the hull and deck; if any pirates survived the onslaught the soldiers on board along with the sailors would finish the job. They may not be in time to save the women’s honour, but they would certainly make the pirates pay for their crimes.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:51 am

Sloane straightened slightly as she heard something. More far off pops. The same sound that had been made when the pirate ship had first attacked the port town. Brushing a few strands of red hair out of her face, she rushed over to the small window in the small room and tried to catch a glimpse of the source of the sounds. If the pirates had been firing, then it would have sounded much louder and closer...someone was chasing them.

"Deirdre, I think we might have some help!" Sloane whispered excitedly. Deirdre was up on her feet in a flash, trying to stare at the tiny window along with her sister.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:54 am

As Brain came topside, he could hear the sound of distant cannon fire. A large portion of the railing on the quarterdeck had been ripped away by grapnel. Assessing the damage and looking back at the navy ship, Brain frown and reached inside his shirt. His fingers wrapped around his Boatswain's Pipe and pull it out. He raised the brass whistle to his lips and let out a long, high pitched blast.

"Alright" called out Brain, after the crew fell quiet, "Yet yer scurvy hides in motion. Put up as much canvas as she'll take and loaded the chase guns with chain shot." He looked around at the crew, the captain was nowhere to seen and had given no orders but they needed to run and run fast. "Move ye dogs" He roared after a few seconds.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!