Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

Possibly Pirates: The Seven Cities of Gold

a topic in Possibly Pirates, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: Possibly Pirates

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:52 am

Elizabeth snorted softly as she was dragged into the stuffy room. It really had turned out to be one of the most entertaining days she had had in many a year.
‘Aye, James I’m afraid that lovely sister of yours be right. As a woman I don’t think many a man would take ye’ to their beds, but as a man I’m thoroughly sure a pretty lass would allow ye’ to woo her over into the lap o’ yours.’
Elizabeth spoke with a cheeky grin.
‘An I don’t know what ye’ were thinking with me bein’ such a talented sea artist. I admit I have a few years at sea’ under me belt but I tend to believe meself not as good as some of the Royal Navies sailors, not some of the scurvy bastards that linger down in Tortuga.’ Once again, Elizabeth was being modest and she reached over and took hold of the bonnet that sat upon his head and pulled it off.
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:48 am

James snorted as he listened to the two ladies. Sucking in his cheeks and adopting the odd lilting wobble woman had when in a corset, he warbled "Arrgh I think you be swept away by the sight of such a lovely lass as I be." Grinning he ducked as Elizabeth grabbed the bonnet plopping down on the bed he stretched out and sighed "Unless I'm mistook, the good Laird has clearly an on on we three."
Sitting up he shrugged the dress off and grinned at the two "Clearly first we're rescued, from sure doom on Tortuga, and thereafter sailed a course straight and true to Port Royal. The good Laird has placed it before us, do we dare fortune on the golden quest?"
Laughing James laid back down, yawning, "Aye I guess I am a wee bit tired after the events of the day."
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:43 am

Richelle grinned once more, settling herself cross-legged on the bed.
"Aye, it would seem that someone's got plans for the likes of us. Savin' us from death time an' time again. I certainly do hope it's your Laird, James. Because if not, I do believe He'd be most upset with such scoundrels still runnin' amok on his blue earth."
She then stood, going to the window. Peeking out, she saw some man being hassled by gendarmes. She sighed and closed the blinds.
"Now, we've got to figure out what, exactly, we three are to do about leavin' Port Royal. Lovely place, really, but I don't think some of us have the neck for it in the long run." She glanced significantly at their former pirate.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:39 pm

Elizabeth moved to the other bed and dropped onto it, resting her elbows on her knees and letting her clasped hands hang between her legs.
‘Aye, I do hope tis’ your Laird’ James, for I fear if it not, whoever’s given us such good fortune has a lil’ trick up their sleeves fer’ us. And Richelle m’dear I think you’d be right. I’m already itching to get out of this god-forsaken place; I’d very near even prefer Tortuga. An’ as a lass in a position such as mine, I reckon I migh’ be able to get us a way outa this port.’
Elizabeth’s mouth was twitching at the corners, threatening to curl into a sly smile.

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:19 pm

Richelle straightened up, eyes alight. "You could? Elizabeth, I didn't think I'd ever say this to a woman, but I think I might love ye!"
Grinning from ear to ear, she leaned in, as though preparing to receive some great secret. "So what would a thief, a pirate an' a bonnie artisan have to do to jump town, then?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:39 pm

‘Well m’dear, I must say that’s moving a bit fast don’t ye think? I haven’t even taken ye out fer an ale an meal’ Elizabeth laugh softly before her expressio turned serious.
‘Now I know ye both remember the ship that near’ killed us, an if ye don’t there must be somethin’ a wrong wit’ ya. But tha’ cap’n was a good man, an’ he had me promise ‘im a favour. E’ ‘ad a wife and three bonnie lil’ daugh’ers, and two ships o’ his own’ fer the mere pleasure, left to him by a good friend lost at sea, is wha’ he told me. Now, he knew the risk, an’ he wanted to make sher his wife n’ daughter’s were treated well and given the news o’ his death should he die at sea; he lef’ me in the charge’ o’ telling his family if such an’ event shoul’ happen, an he said that if’ I did tha’, and ensured they were looked afta’ till the day his wife finished mournin’ n began a courtin’ again, or till his eldest daughter married a man wealthy enough to care for them all, I could be left with one o’ his beauties. In the last yarn I had with the fellow before the sea took him, he said they were in fine condition, an he gave me this’ – here Elizabeth pulled a crinkled and worn parchment from her shirt – ‘an a few words to tell the man that keeps the ships to ensure I got wha’ was promised if I fullfill my duty to him.’
Elizabeth leaned back and crossed her arms over her chest, eyeing the two patiently.

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:00 pm

Name: Rand Jeress
Appearance:He wears piratey-clothes, but doesn't consider himself one of those rogues. He considers himself more as a...mercenary, or rogue. He wears a black jacket, very piratey, with red buttons, much like a british coat/pirate coat. He has a black hood which he uses to cover his face, and under his clothes is a black silk shirt, and a black pair of breeches with the bottoms tucked into the boots. He wears all black, and looks very dark. He has a single shoulder plate that is his signiture armor style. He has dark brown hair and icey blue eyes. He is very attractive and was once a ladies man, until he turned into more...'honorable' duties.
Class: Rogue/Mercenary/Guardian for hire)
He works for the highest bidder.
Weapon(S): you will see...oh you will see...don't worry, it's nothing cheatish.

OOC: Just wanted to know, are you guys in an inn/something? Sorry, I don't have time to catch up to the posts right now. I will later if no one gives me an answer before tommorow or so.
Credit goes to Raul for making this awsome sig pic! Thanks man!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

-------------------------------
(12:30:21) (Sarithus): Yes you do. You know you should say yes.
(12:30:32) Myth: heh
(12:31:18) (Sarithus): Say it. Say it.
(12:31:33) Myth: go on wit ya!
(12:32:04) (Sarithus): ....is that a yes.
(12:32:17) Myth: ... i dunno <<;
(12:32:17) ChatBot: (Sarithus) is now known as (Say_yes).
(12:32:26) Myth: lmao
Join my Transformers RP: rise of the decepticons!!
----------------------------

Sarithus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:09 pm

We're in an inn, in a room, having a conversation. if you wanna get into the RP and interact with the chars soon, why nto put a post up that your in the inn somewhere... or something

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:36 pm

James had closed his eyes as he heard the ladies discussing things when he heard Elizabeth.

"‘an a few words to tell the man that keeps the ships to ensure I got wha’ was promised if I fullfill my duty to him.’"

His eyes snapping open, James sat up, his right eyebrow raised as he peered intently at Elizabeth. "Lass? 'Swounds and blood, I suspect you've an idea to go a-roguing and obtain a vessel promised to you? What's yer mind to recover the bit of booty owed to ye?"
A wide grin slowly spread across his face as he winked at the sea-artisan "An would the lady enjoy the considerable skills of a wee lass with nary a hint of fear, a quick eye and a quicker hand. And the simple luck of a buccaneer whose poor skills the Laird has turned a fair weather to. 'Tis me trade, the sinkin's, burnin's, kidnaps, sailin' , the fine arts of profit but it be larceny above all else that I have a keen eye for."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:50 pm

Richelle grinned once more, running one hand through her hair as she thought. It seemed as though, through Elizabeth, they had found a way off into the ocean again. However, they were going to need more than the three of them to get a ship moving.
Drifting about in her own thoughts, she began lightly chewing at her thumbnail, going through all of the possibilities.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:22 am

‘Aye James, that I would. From what I learned off tha’ cap’n, he had a schooner n’ a sloop, n’ I have a choice of either. But I still need a crew, an’ a bloody good one I hope. I still have to fulfil me part o’ the promise I made tha’ capt’n though, I’m a woman of my word when it comes to recievin’ a boon such as this. I carnt remember much o’ the detail’s, to my unfortunates, but I woul’ rather seeing them ships both with me own eyes before choosin’.’
Elizabeth laced her fingers over her stomach and raised a brow in return to James’

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:40 pm

Rand jeress stepped into the inn. He was completely covered and looked like a walking shadow. His face was hidden in his hood, and he stepped up to the counter and waited for the innkeeper. When the innkeeper came in, (He/She) jumped at the sight of this shadowy figure. The innkeeper regained (Her/his) composiure, and asked, "whadda' ya' need, sir?" Rand grinned under his hood. Simple folk were so easy to trick. He made his voice innocent and compassionate, "Yes, well, ma'am, it seems that I need a room for one. I'm here on business and need food and drink until I have a ship to leave on." He was liying (<SP?) but he hid it well. The truth was, his finely tuned 60 gunner, the Herobane, was floating a couple miles off the coast. The innkeeper nodded and left for a second. (he/she) came back with a pair of keys and handed them to rand. Rand tossed a small purse of gold to the innkeeper and walked over to a table. The money was enough to purchase a meal and a room, so he expected a meal to come soon to his table.

A couple minutes passed and a young wench came over to his table with a plate of salted pork, some dried roast beef, corn, peas, and a small glass of milk. He ate slow, and observed the area. He was supposed to meet someone here. Someone who needed his guard-services. THe bugga was late.

Sarithus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Quite suddenly, there came the sound of clattering and argument, outside the inn. Richelle rose and went to see what was the matter, peering out the window with care. She bit her lip, turning back around and clearing her throat as calmly as possible.
"Jimmy, me boy, methinks it would be wise if you hid yerself unner the mattress. An' get comfortable." She turned and glimpsed once more outside. There, just in front of the inn they had chosen, was some man of apparent import, instruction of a few of considerably less import to go inside and search for unknown men of piratical nature. Or so she assumed.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Elizabeth joined Richelle at the window and looked down at the men, frowning slightly.
"Hurry up now, James. We don't got all day.' Elizabeth spoke briskly, glancing at hm swiftly before turning her attention back to the men outside the inn.
'Shall I go offer a bit o' disruption in the parlour, m'dears? Just somethin' suttle, mind.'

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Richelle shot Elizabeth a most grateful smile before turning to usher James out of sight. "So thoughtful of you, Miss 'Lizabeth. You must have gems for brains. Very shiny, perfectly formed ones. An' with young Master Jimmy's luck, we might even get through the rest of this night without seeing him dance the jig of death!"
Her words were rather jovial, but her expression suggest a touch of nerves. She had grown rather fond of the remarkably fortunate James, and did not enjoy the thought of him being strung up as a warning to others who may have shared his past. It didn't occur to her that she, as well, would likely fare poorly when confronted with the law...but it was another reason to avoid the men who could now be heard stomping into the inn downstairs.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:18 pm

James frowned and looked under one of the beds. Clearly there was scant space and it was blantantly obvious that under the beds are never swept. His eyes shiny as he reached under and tried to slide under the wooden frame. As he eased under bed the mattress poofed up a bit. He pulled himself up until his head touched the wall and he hoped his feet weren't sticking out from under the other end. "Well here's ta luck and long life ta each and all of us." After a moment he said solemnly "Ladies, with the good Laird above us as me witness, if the royals should manage to scupper, sink and burn me, on me soul's salvation promise me ye'll give yerself peace and sail away, or so help me be dared and damned I shall see you from Davy Jones and question ye why."
James grunted as he bonked his head on the wooden frame as he tried to emphasized his oath.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:35 pm

Richelle frowned, looking at the lump that was James for a moment. She was in no mood to make such promises. With a sigh, she hopped onto the bed, disguising his bed lump with her own sprawled out form and grinning as he grunted at the sudden weight. "Master James, I'll only make such promises if you'll return them in full. Besides...us two fine ladies could hardly haul out a boat by our lonesome. We'll be needin' a strong backed young man such as yerself to get that task done. So do us all a favor and silence yerself fer the next li'l while."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Rand's eyes were shifting from left to right. He scanned everyone from top to bottom, and instantly memorized their faces. He also made sure to check for a man looking like a ragged pirate. That was his associate. He noticed four 'pirates' in disguise, and grimaced. This would be difficult. All of the pirates were well disguised, but to his trained eyes, he could see beyond the costumes, almost into their black hearts. He looked through the inn doorway as some important looking men clammbered in. This would make his job oh so enjoyable. He stood up and put on a-drunken-looking face. "'ello roundhead brotha's!" He said in his most drunk-voice. He sounded quite convincing. He wobbled over to a-important-looking-man and leaned against his shoulder, "would 'ee buy me a glass o' ale, sir?" The men only looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

Rand grimaced as two men who had snuck off while he was doing his act, and they were carrying a ragged looking fellow. Tamn! That has to be my associote! I wish I could help him...but there are to many officials here. Best to stay quiet, maybe I can help him later. Rand then went and 'tumbled' over to a chair. He watched the stairs carefully, he had heard footsteps from above through the paper-thin walling. Maybe someone important was coming to stop all this insanity.

OOC: Sorry my posts are so long, I'm trying to work my way into the story a bit. Oh and the ragged man being carried was not james, just to say if someone mis-understould.

Sarithus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:14 pm

James grunted as the weight of Richelle landed on him. He listened to her and reached a hand up and squeezed her arm for a moment before he snaked it back under the bed. He murmured "Poppet if anything should befall ye, I'd be listed in the service of the devil and make war on all nations and mankind to avenge ye."
He waited now, hopeful that what ever the Laird had in mind would happen soon.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:35 pm

Despite the situation, Richelle felt a small smile tugging at her lips at James' words. She couldn't quite recall the last time such a thing had been said to her, and it was a pleasant feeling.
She flinched as she heard a slight commotion downstairs, and began twiddling her fingers in anticipation. She found herself feeling slightly guilty, having accepted Elizabeth's offer to distract the seekers by herself. Perhaps she would need help? Perhaps she herself was being dragged off by the officers for questioning? And perhaps Richelle was just being overly nervous and needed to relax a bit. Any sign of trickery would likely be caught by the guards without any great difficulty.
With a slight sigh, she rested her head on the mattress and closed her eyes, mentally preparing herself for any story she would have to tell.
What was she doing up here by herself?
Just taking a rest while I await my sister's return from running errands, sah.
What's that under the bed?
Just my laundry, I keep it under there to protect it from thieves.
Who's this man? Why is he in a dress?
Oh, dear me! Very well, I admit it...this is my lover. My husband is old and..
She was going to have to think a bit harder.
Lying was so much more difficult when it was necessary!

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!