Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Exchange Software Development » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! »

Possibly Pirates: The Seven Cities of Gold

a topic in Possibly Pirates, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: Possibly Pirates

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:55 pm

Rand saw a lady come down from upsairs, and decided for now his part was over in this distraction. He needed to get into a room and lock the door. He already had about five explanetions to tell the men if they questioned him, so he carefully stepped up the stairs into the hallway. He saw five or six doors in the hallway, but decided on one and slowly snuck in. Unfortunetely, he was surprised to see a very lumpy matress with a man under it, and a nervous looking women. He hid his face under his hood and said in a sweet voice. "pardon me, miss, I only need to hide for a second." Suddenly and surprisengly he rushed up a chair, dropped his cloak over where james was, blocking sight to that part of the bed, and making it harder to see james. He then acted like he was reading a book, and pulled out a small leather covered book.
Credit goes to Raul for making this awsome sig pic! Thanks man!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

-------------------------------
(12:30:21) (Sarithus): Yes you do. You know you should say yes.
(12:30:32) Myth: heh
(12:31:18) (Sarithus): Say it. Say it.
(12:31:33) Myth: go on wit ya!
(12:32:04) (Sarithus): ....is that a yes.
(12:32:17) Myth: ... i dunno <<;
(12:32:17) ChatBot: (Sarithus) is now known as (Say_yes).
(12:32:26) Myth: lmao
Join my Transformers RP: rise of the decepticons!!
----------------------------

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sarithus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Richelle's mouth dropped open. She wanted to protest, to demand to know who in the world this shady fellow was, but no words came out. She heard a bit more commotion coming from downstairs, so she settled back onto the bed. Just in case, however, she issued a fierce, whispered warning to the stranger: "If my James winds up dangling from a rope because of you...you'll wish you were keeping him company!"
She then set back to work pretending she was doing nothing. Lounging on the bed, looking for all to see as though she were reading over the dark man's shoulder. Why? She would have to come up with a good excuse. In the meantime..

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:29 pm

Rand protended to laugh, and then whispered through his teeth, "ma'am, I excell at this kind of heart pounding fun. Just follow my lead if any trouble arouses, or else 'james' will be in bloody davy jones locker before you can let out a gasp." He then went back to looking as if his eyes were scanning the paper, but they were really surveying the area, and checking james and this gals faces. He was very good at reading faces and concluded that James was hiding from the men, and was obviously a pirate who was either related to the female, or in love with her. The girl was obviously tense and nervous and afraid to have her james found. He could use that to his advantage. Another good thing he remembered was that the only weapon he brought ashore was a dagger hidden up his sleeve, and that if he was searched he could easily make the dagger 'invisible'.

Sarithus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:16 pm

James sighed and said "Od's bobs hammer and tongs lad yer clearly a lubber to dress the way ya do an not ta expect the royals to look fer ye, dressed as ye are, like some sort of papistical Spaniard. Should any harm befall the lady Richelle because of yer soft-headed and cross-grained attempt to make yerself some sort of reputation death and damnation shall be yers for eternity."
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:12 pm

Richelle found herself smiling once more at James' attempt to be...protective, chivalrous...whatever it was, it was highly amusing. But the seed of a smile faded almost instantly as she heard someone knocking at the door.
"Open up, in the name of his Royal Highness-"
The order caused her stomach to flip, but she cleared her throat and called out in the sweetest voice she could manage, "Come in! The door's open!"
And in walked three soldiers, each stiffly decorated in their royal garb and looking highly bored to be where they were.
"Evening, ma'am, sir. We're looking for fugitives or otherwise ungamely characters. Have you seen anyone matching this description?" The speaking guard's eyes trained on Rand, his attention captured by the most unusual clothing he was wearing.
"No, sir, my humblest 'pologies," Richelle answered with a humble ring to her voice. "My husband an' I ain't seen no one wanderin' about that shouldn't be. You ain't lookin' fer anyone specific, are ye?" Her eyes were large and unassuming, and the guard clearly accepted the fake sweetness.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:11 pm

ICC: Name: Raff Kelly

Affiliation: free

Brief Bio: Raff was born in Ireland and was raised at a coastal village. After being pressed into the British navy, Raff jumped ship in the Caribbean. In the British navy Raff served on the night watch and as a boarding party member, so Raff has good night vision and is skilled with pistol and blade.

Physical descrip: 6’2”, dark red hair pulled back into a braid, on the lean side, dressed in loose green pants and a white shirt. never wears shoes. Carries a dirk tucked into his belt and a pair of pistols.

IC: Raff woke from his nap but the sound of some one knocking on the door of the room next to his. With the hangover Raff had and his pounding headache, the knocking sounded like the thunder of cannons. Rolling out of bed, Raff looked into the hall and saw the red backs of the soldiers. "English swine" though Raff, slowly pulling his two pistols from his belt, gripping then by the barrels. His bare feet making no noise, Raff walked up behind the three soldiers. Raff raised the pistols and brought them down on the back of the heads of two of the soldiers. The two crumbled to the floor. The third soldier turned sharply and Raff brought the pistol in his right hand smashing into the soldiers face. Two teeth flew from the soldier's mouth has he fell to the floor with a thud. Wiping the blood off his pistol butts, Raff looked into the room.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:41 pm

Richelle froze, horrified. Quite suddenly, the threat that had loomed had leaped into their faces. Already, she could hear the soldiers' fellows downstairs rallying at the sound of a scuffle. She hopped off of the bed, jumping to the door and slamming it shut. She locked it, knowing full well that a determined man could easily knock it clean off of its hinges.
"James, run!" She kept her voice below a shout, to keep the encouragement from the ears of those that would soon arrive, then turned and glared at the new man. "What were you thinkin'?! You've just brought that whole platoon an' any ungodly wrath they've got at their disposal down on us!!"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:45 pm

Rand watched the soldiers drop unconcious and saw raff look in. He tossed the dagger out of his sleeve, and it struck the door post right next to Raff's head. It was merely a reflex, and when he noticed the face of the fellow he grinned. He couldn't forget that drunk face, which he had seen quite a bit on his travels. He stood up and called, "Raff! you old drunken', you gone and concke them out and ruined all me bloody fun!" He noticed the other men coming up the stairs and removed his knife from the wall. He broke open the window, and motioned for raff and the others to take the leap of faith. Below the window was a massive mattress being moved in to a new room. Lady luck shined on them today.

Sarithus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:47 pm

"Could ye keep it down woman" said Raff, wincing and covering his eyes, "My heads already pounding like a score of blacksmiths are using me skull like an anvil." Raff rubbed his temple and slipped one of his pistols into his belt. "I was thinkin'" said Raff, "That I get me a few English swine."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:53 pm

Rand began getting impatiant, "Now please, I would hate to be swung by the gallows." He drew the knife and was ready to throw it at anyone who entered who was an opponent. He once again motioned, showing a tad bit of impatiantness in his movement.

Sarithus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:03 am

"Quite your squawking" said Raff, "Its not helping me head." Booted feet ran up the stairs and there was a pounding of fists on the locked door. Raff groaned, turned around and fired his other pistol at waist hight. the hot lead ball smashed through the wooden door and into the stomach of a British soldier. There was a scream and a few thuds, as the mortally wounded soldier fell over and knocked a few of his fellows down the stairs."Oooh" groaned Raff, tucking his pistol into his belt, "That didn't help either."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:09 am

Richelle felt her temper rising to the occasion. All had been going so well, and then these two had shown up out of nowhere!
"James, quickly, you git out the window..we'll follow." Her main concern was getting the one who was likely to swing for no reason out of the mess that the room had turned into. She quickly made her way over to the one of the chairs that decorated the room and moved to shove it against the door, to buy themselves at least a bit more time. As she pressed it into the door, however, the whole thing gave a lurch that suggested very angry soldiers were trying to get in. She dropped to the floor at the unexpected shove, but crammed the chair against the handle with her feet.
"So it seems you lot know each other. Well, I'm thrilled that ye've reunited wiv ole friends an' all, but MY friend an' I were sort've hopin' not to attract this sort've attention!" She snapped from the floor.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:19 am

Raff groaned from the noise. "You shouldn't be in Port Royal then lassie" said Raff, pulling out his loaded pistol and discharging it at the door. There was another scream and a thud. Raff rubbed his temple again and looked at the bed. "Give me a hand my lad" said Raff, looking at Rand and grabbing hold of the bed. Raff started pulling the bed towards the door.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:47 am

James rolled out from under the bed and kicked off the dress he was wearing, snatching his tri-corn he looked at the two men shifting the bed towards the door. Clearly they weren't buccaneers, or if they were they were poor ones. "Stint yer clack lads and stir yer bones. Ye scurvy swabs scupper yer hides out of here!" he said as he looked out the window, drawing his cutlass he reached for Richelle and step out the window on to the sill, grabbing the curtain with the same hand he held her, slicing the cutlass on the curtain near the rod bracing it, the sound of the cloth ripping exploded in the small room.
Looking at Richelle he winked at her and hooted "The good Laird watches over us still lass!" And he jumped. As they descended towards the ground, halfway the curtain ripped completely and they fell a few feet on to the dusty street. Standing James extended his hand towards Richelle, "Unless I'm mistook lass, I verily believe we should be leaving." He said with a huge grin on his face. Looking up at the window he shouted "Make yer course lads and let 'er run before the winds!"

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:54 am

As the bed slammed again the door, Raff climbed out onto the window ledge. holding onto the wall, Raff inched over and kicked in his room's window.Grabbing his ammo and coin pouch with his toes, Raff leaped off the window ledge and landed on the mattress. picking himself up, Raff slung the ammo pouch over his head on shoulder and tied the coin pouch to his belt.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:55 am

"James, yer as mad as y'are genius as y'are handsome!" Richelle almost laughed, looking around quickly for a swift means of escape. The soldiers inside weren't going to be deterred for long, and they certainly weren't going to lost on foot. She noted a vehicle drawn by a single horse, bearing a load of hay. Well, it was better than running!
Dashing over to the abandoned cart, she hopped into the driver's seat and gave the reigns a sharp tug. "You three, into the hay, an' let's get ourselves away from this place an' ta greener pastures, eh?" Her eyes glittered with a sort of desperate excitement.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:59 am

Dusting his pants a moment. Then with a devilish glint in his eye he scrambled into the hay and tried to bury himself as deep as he could, even packing hay atop of his form and sneezing once. Wiping his nose on his sleeve James closed his eyes and listened, ready to leap out with his cutlass if the royals came for them.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:03 am

Raff looked towards the cart and then back up at the window. "A good fight is one ye get outta alive laddie" thought Raff, as he ran to the cart and dove into the hay. Wiggling onto a deep patch in the corner, Raff reloaded one of his pistols, moving slowly so not to move the hay.
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:05 am

With all three men successfully in the stack of hay, Richelle grinned and clicked to the horses, giving the reigns a sharp crack!
And off they went, leaving behind the angry soldiers and a very angry hay runner.
They sped and bumped along for a decent amount of time, then came to a slow, easy stop. There was a pause, followed by the sound of something light hopping to the ground and crunching along over to the rear of the cart.
"Ye can show them pretty faces again," Richelle's voice sounded cheerily.
They had stopped in a small clearing, what appeared to be an abandoned farmhouse nearby. The town could still be seen, but was far off enough that the soldiers were clearly not following them.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:10 am

Raff moved to a sitting position, his head poking of the hay. Stalks of hay stuck out of Raff's hair, the light golden of the hay off set of the dark red of his hair. Raff then stood up and hopped out of the cart, spreading hay everywhere.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!