Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

Possibly Pirates: The Seven Cities of Gold

a topic in Possibly Pirates, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: Possibly Pirates

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:12 am

James looked at the form of the large burly man loading a pistol through the hay. "I'm seized over with joy at seein yer friendly physiognomy again lad, James Thomas McLeod, and the poppet is the lady Richelle. It's in me mind lad that yer wanted by the royals as well. I propose a slight venture and we sail the same winds fer now, how do ye say to this?" James said softly as he grinned and raised an eyebrow, tapping the edge of his hat.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:19 am

Richelle leaned against the cart, pushing hair from her face. She eyed the two men that had so suddenly jumped into their lives with a mixture of interest and distrust. After a moment, she straightened, making a half-hearted attempt to smooth out her clothing.
"I'm going to see if anyone lives in that farm house. If not, 'twould make a decent place to spend the night. If'n there is, maybe we kin get some food, or som'at useful. It's gettin' dark, so either way..." She shrugged, then headed off towards the rickety building. "I'd advise ye all to not wander off!" She called over her shoulder.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:20 am

OCC: my person is lean, just fyi

IC:"Wanted plenty for plenty of of crimes" said Raff, "And before I say ye nor nay, is the a good chance for strong drink and willing women?" Raff brushed some of the straw from his shirt and pants.
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:53 am

(OOC you're 6'2 that makes you burly for anyone smaller than you during this time period)

James stood and dusted himself off and watched Richelle saunter off towards the farmhouse. "Burn and sink me, a criminal ye say ye are? Bless yer heart lad fer being upfront with yer nefarious doin's. Are ye part of the brotherhood and dealing in this merry trade of ours? Or be ye some lubber who jumped ship because he figured he could become a buccaneer and go a rouging in the West Indies?"
James sat on the edge of the cart and smacked the dust from his boots with the flat of his cutlass. Looking up at the barefoot man he smiled a wicked grin "If it be tipple yer looking fer I can nary promise ye lad, but if the good Laird wills it, it will come ta pass. And fer woman being willing," James sniffed the air then frowned "I suppose with a bit of gunpowder rum ye might find yerself an armful, or a bunter." James stood and stretched as he said "That be about the measure of it lad, what say ye?"

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:09 am

OCC: good point

IC: "Not a member I be" said Raff with a grin, "But not a lubber. I've been on the sea nearly all me life. I was carried from the coast of my Emerald Isle by a navy Man-o-war. They came and took all the young lads from the village and pressed them into service of the crown." Raff pulled out his other pistol and loaded it before continuing. "Seeing as I av' nothin' better to do and theres no redcoats to kill here" said Raff, tucking the pistol back into his belt and holding out his hand, "I'm your man."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:55 am

James laughed and shook the Irishman's hand. "By flint's body and bones lad. I have had nary a time as I have had since I signed on with the poppet Lady Richelle. The good Laird has a keen eye fer her and the winds blow an odd course indeed." Reaching in his coat pocket he whipped out the small bottle she had given him in Tortuga, popping the cork he sniffed it and then beaming he took a swig and passed the bottle.
"I should warn ye lad, the lairds of this here port seem to believe that I am a buccaneer of some renown. There is this much to say,and of that you may believe me lad, I am but a poor sailor, falsely accused." James winked at the taller man and laughed as he felt the breeze come in across the island.
"Did I catch yer name as being Raff? Unless I am mistook thats what I heard the lad said in the room." James peered at the Irishman and sniffed as he was getting ready to sneeze again because of the hay.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:54 am

Rand calmly, more or less, rode into the room, looking at james in the haystack and raising an eyebrow, "havin' fun?" He dismounted his horse and leaned against a railing, holding his horses rains (<SP?). He fingered his pistols and straightened up, "Name's rand, nice to meet 'ee." He looked at the irishman, "That was bloody intense back there mate, but back to the real dealm," he looked at james and the lady, "Burn me for saying it, but I'm a traveling mercenary. If your having any...unusual trouble, I'd be glad to assist...for a small fee." He did a small bow, brandishing his blood covered knife.
Credit goes to Raul for making this awsome sig pic! Thanks man!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

-------------------------------
(12:30:21) (Sarithus): Yes you do. You know you should say yes.
(12:30:32) Myth: heh
(12:31:18) (Sarithus): Say it. Say it.
(12:31:33) Myth: go on wit ya!
(12:32:04) (Sarithus): ....is that a yes.
(12:32:17) Myth: ... i dunno <<;
(12:32:17) ChatBot: (Sarithus) is now known as (Say_yes).
(12:32:26) Myth: lmao
Join my Transformers RP: rise of the decepticons!!
----------------------------

Sarithus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:55 am

OOC: Sorry if I got the location or something wrong, I was in a rush to read all the flood of posts, and might have missed something.

Sarithus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:44 am

((ooc: hehe, well, you missed a few things. All four of them went together in the hay cart and rode out of town. The cart and the three men were now sitting in a clearing, and Richelle had gone off to check out the nearby farm house))

Richelle came sauntering back, looking particularly pleased with the outcome of her trip.
"Nary a soul in sight, me boys!" She announced as she moved back to the single nag that had been pulling the cart. She grasped the reigns and began leading the creature back towards the rather crippled house. "This li'l lean to of the farmin' nature should give us decent shelter fer the night, an' there's e'en a bit of unspoiled vittles settled in the cupboard. It ain't Buckin'ham Palace, but it's close enough fer the moment."
Striding back towards the house, she didn't bother to check if the three men were following her.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mistress Aroura on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:11 pm

OOC: can I join?
You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same.

Taire hawkfletch:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/11324370
Running: Strange companions, A flight to no-where, Four nations one war,

Mistress Aroura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mistress Aroura on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:23 pm

Name: Jade Farstrider

Affiliation: Anything she wants.

Brief Bio: She was born in japan, but moved to Britain at the age of 6 months. She barely remembers any of her past, and every night she wonders who she is and why her parents came to Britain. It turns out, that her parents were murdered, and a navy general took her in. Ever since she was 3 she has had incredible agility and other strange abilities. She now works as a worker that does odd jobs for people. She has incredible fighting skills, and wants to eventually become an Assasin or a pirate. Her parents were trained in the arts, so that's where she gets it from. when she was born, her dad gave her a dagger. strange first gift?

Physical description: Tall around 6'3". She is apperantly very beautifal, by what people tell her, but she thinks she looks very average. She is a tomboy, and dislikes dresses. (I'm going to post a pic in a second.)
OOC: I have a very good Idea how she can jump in.
Last edited by Mistress Aroura on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mistress Aroura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:44 pm

(OOC holy shite yer 6'9" thats freakish even now for a woman to be that tall.)

James eyed the man dressed in all black with a sour look. "Well blow me down, if it isn't the popinjay dressed as black as night. Yer the plague o' the seas lad, dressed as ye are, every royal marine will be looking for a damned Spanish priest sauntering about as if ye have nary a concern. And by the eternal Laird what good does a gewinnsüchtig do me? To have every lubber's eye turn towards me because of yer dress? 'Tis attention I don't favor"

James looked at Richelle and smiled as she said "This li'l lean to of the farmin' nature should give us decent shelter fer the night, an' there's e'en a bit of unspoiled vittles settled in the cupboard. It ain't Buckin'ham Palace, but it's close enough fer the moment."

"We'll speak of it later after a warm meal. heave up yer anchors lads, let's to dinner."James remarked stretching and tucking his cutlass away. Looking at Richelle he continued "I dare prophesy lads ye shall taste the artisan skills of the bonny lass yon!" And started after her.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mistress Aroura on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:55 pm

OOC: If that's a yes I can join then i'll post ^^. she's tall because her dad was a giant :shock:

Jade was carrying a pile of logs when she stepped into the farmhouse. She set down the logs and sat down on a small chair. She pulled out a steel flint from her backpack, and began trying to light one of the logs on fire. As soon as it ignited, she tossed it into the small fireplace and leaned against the chair. She yawned and heard noises outside. She stood up, pulling out two small daggers and waited to see if it was a robber.

Mistress Aroura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:06 pm

OCC: whats even more freakish, from her bio she's asian. damn

IC: "Aye" said Raff, following Richelle, "Raff Kelly be my name." As he walked, Raff pulled a good deal of the hair from his braid and gave his head a good shake.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:12 pm

James stopped and sniffed the air. He looked about, his eyes gleaming as he said softly "Lads do any of ye smell wood catching?" He peered at each of them and slowly drew his cutlass, "It would seem we're not alone, stand too and look lively mates, prepare ta defend yer scurvy lives if the royals descend."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:13 pm

OOC:Hey, don't be racist. There is nothing wrong with being asian.

Rand laughed at james, "Boy, you draw more attention then I do. Look at your ragged self. And i am a bloody master of desguise. And I could easily match all of you on when it comes to fightin' mate. I would surpass it!!!" He walked up to elizebeth and held out his hand, "Rand the mercenary at your service ma'rm."

Sarithus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:14 pm

Suddenly rand sniffed and smelt the smoke james had spoken of. He also noticed the smoke coming from the farmhous and chuckled, "Miss 'beth, it seems the farmhouse is indeed occupied."

Sarithus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:17 pm

(OOC first of all you DO stand out, secondly Elizabeth isn't here, Tigerz-peace is out of town until the 15th her thats why she went down stairs so we could continue and she could pick up with us when she got back. Please edit this)

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:19 pm

OCC: I'm not being racist, I'm just saying most asians are short. my person is very tall for the time period and hers is over half a foot taller.

IC: Raff took a deep breath and nodded. "Aye" said Raff, drawing a pistol in his left hand and his dirk in his right.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:26 pm

"Indeed, James...I smell it, too....t'wasn't there when I first checked.." Richelle poked her head into the room, frowning as she considered the smell of smoke that had not been there before. She placed one finger to her lips, then tiptoed in, peeking around corners to check for the source of the smell.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!