Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Possibly Pirates: The Seven Cities of Gold

a topic in Possibly Pirates, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: Possibly Pirates

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:32 pm

James tried to step stealthily behind Richelle, his eyes darting around the area looking for anyone who might leap out at them. Licking his lips he crinkled his nose as a strong odor of wood catching assailed them. A slight tuft of smoke and a crackle as the fire started to spring to life somewhere in the building.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:33 pm

OOC: oops I got elizebeth and Rachelle mixed up. Sorry. And how do I stand out? I wear a black coat and black shirt and pants? And a hooded cape which I shed back at the inn.

IC: Rand followed behind, keeping his dagger handy just in case the person was hostile. He whispered back to James, "just remember I'm not the one who got us into this mess, and I'm the one who got us out of that room. you should be saying your apologies for dragging me into this." He croached and waited.
Credit goes to Raul for making this awsome sig pic! Thanks man!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

-------------------------------
(12:30:21) (Sarithus): Yes you do. You know you should say yes.
(12:30:32) Myth: heh
(12:31:18) (Sarithus): Say it. Say it.
(12:31:33) Myth: go on wit ya!
(12:32:04) (Sarithus): ....is that a yes.
(12:32:17) Myth: ... i dunno <<;
(12:32:17) ChatBot: (Sarithus) is now known as (Say_yes).
(12:32:26) Myth: lmao
Join my Transformers RP: rise of the decepticons!!
----------------------------

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sarithus
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:38 pm

(OOC well the only people who wear all black during this time period are The Spanish Catholic priests which are hated by the English or highwaymen and robbers, so in an English Port and focus of power in the Caribbean you very much stand out. LOL we could start a basketball team, we have tall the positions covered. Now we wait for her to respond to us entering the house)

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Raff held back, pistol ready, his finger aside the trigger. Raff also moved his dirk into a throwing position.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mistress Aroura on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:47 pm

Jade saw the door creep open, and a girl step in. followed by three men, all armed. She prepared to hurl the daggers. She heard a click and noticed a gun barrel. Apperantly she was standing so she could see them, but they hadn't seen her. She cupped her hands around her mouth and made her voice so they couldn't track it to her, "Who are you and why are you in my home?"
You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same.

Taire hawkfletch:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/11324370
Running: Strange companions, A flight to no-where, Four nations one war,

Mistress Aroura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:51 pm

Raff scanned the room, his pistol following his eyes. "Travelers" called Raff.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mistress Aroura on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:53 pm

Jade obviously didn't believe this, "First, if you are travelers why are you so armed. Also, why are you entering my house?" She spotted the one who had spoken. An irishman.

Mistress Aroura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:58 pm

"There be many dangerous rouges on land and sea" called Raff, still trying to find the owner of the voice, "One must be armed to protect oneself."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:00 pm

"We didn't know this was anyone's home," Richelle piped in, hands at her hips, "An' like me mate said, we keep weapons fer safety purposes."
This wasn't entirely true, but it was true enough for the time being.
It sounded as though the smoke-maker was female. Why she would have been staying in this abandoned shack by herself, one could only guess. Richelle knew only that it was too late to find somewhere else to stay, so they would need to be making friends.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mistress Aroura on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Jade stayed perfectly still, to make herself hidden. She felt eyes on her, but they passed. Luckily he hadn't noticed her as his eyes passed by her. She responded, "and how do I know your not rogues? what's your names and where are you from." She stood still again to keep eyes off her. She also added, "I may let you stay. Drop your weapons and slide them across the rooms towards the fire."

Mistress Aroura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:05 pm

"Here's a friend for ye lass, we've come merely seeking shelter from the dark. Shiver me sides the fire looks ta be invitin and would offer a spot of warmth to the weary wretches we be." James stood straight and doffed his tri-corn in a flourish.
"I be James Thomas McLeod, this be me mess mates Raff... an Rand, but calm yer waters he is not a Spaniard nor a priest. And this be the right proper lady Richelle, recently of Tortuga." And he bowed elegantly. His eyes scanning the room as he did so.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:07 pm

"Raff Kelly be my name" called Raff, "And from Erin I be. And if ye think your gettin' me weapons, they ye've had too much to drink."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:09 pm

Richelle offered an attempted curtsy, looking about for the source of the voice with a frown. "We've given you no reason to doubt us, but you've yet ta show yer face...really, ye've got us at a wee bit of a disadvantage, marm."
She glanced at her fellows, biting the inside of her cheek as she considered their options. If they slid their weapons away, that would leave them defenseless against the stranger. If they didn't, they would have little choice but to leave, something they really couldn't afford at the moment. She turned back to the dark.
"I offer ye mine an' me fellow's words of honor, we mean ye no harm. We're jest lookin' fer somewhere warm ta spend the night."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mistress Aroura on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:12 pm

Jade kept weapons in hand. She was still as hidden as ever, and she had thought up ideas to get these armed fellows unarmed. How could she trust they wouldn't shoot her as soon as she showed herself, even if she let them stay in her house?

"How can I trust you to keep yer' word? Your friend over there looks a bit trigger happy." she meant Raff.

Mistress Aroura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:15 pm

"And ye seem to hide in the shadows like an coward" called Raff.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Richelle frowned. It was so frustrating dealing with suspicious people...and Raff really was not helping.
"I've really no proof beyond me word...what is it yer expectin'? We've just come in from the cold of the night, 'tis a dangerous world, an' fer all WE know, the second we lay down our defenses ye'd skin us all an' eat us fer supper!"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mistress Aroura on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:22 pm

A dagger whistled through the air at Raff. It flew out of no where! As soon as the dagger had left Jades palm, she snuck to a new hiding place. She drew another dagger from her waist belt, and prepared to throw another if they continued to insult her hospitality. The first throw was a warning, and it was meant to just pin into clothing and not kill. "I'm getting really annoyed, everyone but 'Raff' may enter the room. He must drop his pistol and then enter!"

Mistress Aroura
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:25 pm

Richelle froze, feeling much less at ease now that a weapon had been thrown. Somehow, the invitation wasn't quite as heart warming as perhaps it might have been a few minutes earlier.
Richelle was a thief. She was crafty and willing to work, but she was highly unskilled with weapons. Now, being surrounded by people that WERE skilled with various wounding devices...she was beginning to wish she were elsewhere.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:25 pm

Raff saw the Jade move. "THATS THE SECOND TIME SOMEONE AS THROWN A BLADE AT ME" roared Raff, firing his pistol at Jade and drawing his second pistol.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:28 pm

James was getting frustrated now as he tucked his cutlass away and strode towards the fire. "Battle, murder, shipwreck and hell-fire to you. Be damned to you for a termagant, ye kin play yer silly rotted games of cloak and dagger, I am gonna warm meself by yer fire and if you strike down from the shadows like the dull-witted lubber ye seem ta be, may all the curses of Egypt fall upon ye and in the devil's name I'll return to burn and blast yer bones, now show us some courtesy."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!