Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library »

Players Wanted: Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) »

Possibly Pirates: The Seven Cities of Gold

a topic in Possibly Pirates, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: Possibly Pirates: The Seven Cities of Gold

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:14 am

Richelle listened intensely, nodding every few words to show that she understood. A charm to get them through the tunnel without having to face those beastly creatures again? Marvelous...

James was interrupted by the sound of tumbling and crashing, and Richelle looked over to see Caesar...who had, once again, tumbled over. Her mouth twitched into a light smile, but she turned back and focused her attention on James again. Once he had finished, she lightly plucked the sack from his hand.

"Very well, me dearest. I'll set our key in its lock, then come back ta finish gathering our dead men's riches for ye." She said as she smiled and rested a few fingers under his chin. "But rest yerself, love. Have ye not had enough adventure for one day?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:04 pm

Constance smiled at the man, he looked much better in mere moments, and this made her sigh with relief... however, many people had still fallen after recieving an antidote, so she continued to help the poor fellow, and after hearing him ask about any side affects, she smiled.

"Aye, love, you'll be getting a rather scaly complexion,ye'll be having a taste for mice, and sometimes, you'll hiss your S letters, i knew one mate who talked like..." she stuck her tounge out imitating a snake, "Thisssss ssssometimesssss"

She hoped that he didnt acually belive her, and smiled warmly, she was so glad that he was staying awake...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tigeress
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:16 pm

"ahaha... yer funny..." No Beard sat up, still laughing from the woman's jokes. "Thank ya doc.." He wrapped his arm around her. " Thon fruit was hell on mae insiides.." Letting go of her, he laided back on the deck, making sure he was keeping his recently swallowed liquids down. "Aye don't believe we've met... No Beard, Flinklock Kelly, or William... take yer pick..." His smile said that he wasn't dying of whatever poison he had consumed. Comically, the person never said the fruit was deadly... and he was just given a deadly cure...
Last edited by Walter Barrecks on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Walter Barrecks
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:35 am

James sighed, "Richelle me lovely, 'tis a worrisome thing ta have ye place this bauble upon yon edifice. What if there be more beasties?" James peered down at his foot then up into Richelle's eyes. As he did so he caught a flash of white, billowing from the cave. As he turned he heard a roar as if thunder over head.

Looking up in the sky he saw nary a cloud, then thunder again, James froze as he realized what it was...it were cannon fire. Looking to the tunnel, he saw it, a schooner. The ship was angling to get a shot at the Fledgling.

"Oh Laird..." James exclaimed then hobbled to the bell, he started ringing it frantically, his voice rising, "Clear the decks for action me hearties...Master gunner get us ready to fire! Prepare to cast off lads, prepare for battle!"

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:16 am

Raff had been walking towards the beach with his pouches filled with treasure and the giant emerald tucked under his left arm and his right arm around Elizabeth. He looked up when he heard cannon fire and spotted a ship firing at the Fledgling.

"Damn them" growled Raff, letting go of Elizabeth. He need to run and not have her trip him or he trip her. His bare feet kicked up the soft white sand as Raff raced to the Fledgling. Running up the gangplank, Raff dropped his emerald on a coil of rope and dashed to the weapon locker on deck. jamming the key into the lock, Raff threw open the door.

"Arm yourselves" shouted Raff, "And gun crews to your cannon!" He pulled the key from the lock and headed below decks to unlock the power room.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:23 am

Caesar had just finished picking up the last bit of his spilled treasure when heh eard the call to arms. "Hellfire! Come on Lilly we better get on the ship fast!" Caesar grabbed Twig's hand and somehow managed to haul her and the sacks of treasure onto the vessel. All about the ship men and women were scurrying about preparing for battle. After carefully stashing his share of the treasure he appeared back on deck, carrying two flintlock pistols, and his now repaired officer sword that had been re-forged at their last port stop. Caesar had not brought it out into the open until now.

Running to the hatch where the guns were located he dived down to the gun deck. There he found Raff's guns crew scurrying about preparing the guns. Caesar watched in anticipation as he waited for Raff to appear so he could offer his services.
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:16 pm

Esath was busy filling his pockets with small gold nuggets the he had found in one house when he thought he heard a cannon blast, putting it out of his mind as someone from the ship, he filled his pockets and found a gold statue of some strange creature, he looked it over and found undecipherable writting on the bottom. he also noticed tha eyes of the creature where fist sized rubies. as he pried the rubys from the spot on the statue he heard another shot it was closer this time, he went out side the house to see a ship attacking the fledgling. he heard the call to arms drift across the dead city, Esath ran for the ship making sure the gold and rubies didn't fall out he ran up on deck and grabbed a musket, then ran to is room to empty his pockets and load the musket.
Up from the sea, from underground
Down from the sky, they're all around
They will return: mankind will learn
New kinds of fear when they are here

~~ the Carol of the old ones
They will reclaim all in their name;
Hopes turn to black when they come back and
Madness will reign, terror and pain
Woes without end where they extend.

~~ the Carol of the old ones

vasa o souls
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:06 pm

Rand cursed as he heard the 'thunder', insantly catching onto what was happening. The Fledgling was under attack. He drew his spyglass and looked at the ship. A schooner. He put his spyglass back into his pocket and drew his musket, putting it to his eye and staring down it's barrel.
Credit goes to Raul for making this awsome sig pic! Thanks man!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

-------------------------------
(12:30:21) (Sarithus): Yes you do. You know you should say yes.
(12:30:32) Myth: heh
(12:31:18) (Sarithus): Say it. Say it.
(12:31:33) Myth: go on wit ya!
(12:32:04) (Sarithus): ....is that a yes.
(12:32:17) Myth: ... i dunno <<;
(12:32:17) ChatBot: (Sarithus) is now known as (Say_yes).
(12:32:26) Myth: lmao
Join my Transformers RP: rise of the decepticons!!
----------------------------

Sarithus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:42 pm

James looked at Richelle, "Lass, there be a problem." Removing the sack he tossed it to Richelle, "Poppet, we need ta keep this safe." Turning back towards the pirate ship, he snarled as he saw movement along the shore.

"They've boats out...look to the shore! They've boats out! Run up the colors...show the bastards the Jolly Roger! Prepare lads, we've a fight now!" James shouted again, as he tried to watch both the schooner as it turned for a broad side against the Fledgling, and the fast moving shore boats that were edging ever closer to the sands of the beach.

Stepping towards Richelle, James placed his arms around her, and gave her a long kiss, pulling away he handed her his other pistol, "Poppet stay safe, and keep the charm from the scurvy hands of the damnable Portuguese!"

Hobbling back to his station, James drew his cutlass, "Master Gunner! Assemble a party to repel boarders!" Looking around he spotted Caesar and Rand, "You! The lot of you! Prepare to repel boarders.." The thunderous roar of 8 cannons being fired filled the air, the shot falling short of the Fledgling. Unless they moved they'd be trapped between the guns of the pirate ship and those on shore.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Caesar heard James yelling orders to him, he gave one last glance around for Raff before hauling himself onto the deck. There he drew a pistol and his saber and stood ready for borders. "James shall we stay on the ship or should I take a group onto the beach to keep them from getting around us?"

Drako11
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:17 pm

Elizabeth growled low as the fire's were heard, instantly putting herself into action. The treasure's were discarded in a barrel on the ship, ad cutlass and musket were drawn. James' voice hollering out spurred her into further action - despite being captain, Elizabeth trusted James' more with issuing orders, he had more experience then the lass Elizabeth McCay Darson who just so happened to find herself captain of the Fledgling.
"Ceaser!" She roared suddenly, "Ensure our best musketeers are armed and ready. Raff, gi' ye'r scurvy hide movin' and whip those bloomin' dogs tha' make up yer gun crew inter gear, lad!"
Elizabeth's fleeting glance caught James throwing Richelle a sack, but she thought non of it, instead she turned her gaze back to the enemy. Despite being close, Elizabeth brought her spy-glass to her eye, taking a better look at the faces of those who dared attack the Fledgling.
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:11 pm

Richelle's eyes had grown wide as she realized, along with James, what was happening. Somehow, they had been followed. There was no time to wonder how, or why, or by who...but it appeared that James' Portuguese friends had decided to follow him to the Cities of Gold. Things began to happen very quickly. The Portuguese ship was firing at them, though not quite in range for contact. A few small boats were heading towards their part of the beach. James tossed her the sack that she had been trying to retrieve, held her, kissed her, and gave her his remaining pistol. "Poppet stay safe, and keep the charm from the scurvy hands of the damnable Portuguese!" With this, he launched back into action.

"Aye!" Richelle called back hurriedly as she hid away the precious charm. Where, no one would know but her. Somewhere safe. She wanted to call after James that she would only ever be as safe as he himself was, but now wasn't the time. She jumped into her work, barking out orders to the men closest to tie away this and prepare that. She was focused in her work, but suddenly jumped up and back as she heard something thunk onto the railing near her. She looked, and saw an iron hook, whose rope led back towards the Portuguese ship. Her teeth ground in fury as she saw the grin of the sailor that had tossed it, who was busy preparing to tie off his end.

"You there! HEAVE!" Richelle shouted as she grasped hold of the rope and drew over a fellow Fledgling crewman. The two of them tugged hard on the line, and the Portuguese man holding onto the other end was jerked right off of his ship and hollering into the clear lake water.

With this done, Richelle sliced the line off and tossed the hook onto a pile of varying other pieces of metal. Weapons, if they ran out of sabers and muskets.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:18 pm

As Caesar waited for and order from James he heard Elizabeth yelling at him above the clamour of readying men. "Aye aye Captain!", Caesar replied. Gathering a group of men with him he began divying out a pile of sabers, cutlasses, and various other blades. "Alright men I know you haven't ever taken orders from me before, but now is not the time to be picky about your commander. Just do what I say and we will all get out of this alive." Caesar paced the deck readying his men. "James do you want these men on the vessel or on shore?", he asked James after the men were fully equipped.

Drako11
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Things had become hectic to say the least. James tried to keep an eye on Richelle whun Caesar's voice rang out to him, "Arrgh lad keep them on the beach, keep them away from the ship!" Turning as he heard loud thunks along the railing of the ship. Looking up he say Richelle in action, a worrisome smiled crossed his lips, before he could react a ripple of musket fire raked the deck of the Fledging.

Amid the dying and wounded of the Fledgling's crew, James bit his lip, looking across the way he spotted Habbo, he was standing there, amid his cutthroats, a huge twisted grin spread across his face. Catching his eye, Habbo drew his thumb across his throat and pointed at James.

Snarling, James hobbled to the railing of the Fledgling, climbing aboard he shouted, his voice carrying to all who could hear him, "Ye Spawn of the Devil! Ye and yer misbegotten crew of mealy-mouthed, cowardly and Laird fersaken dogs shall have a date with old Rot and Davey his self!" James stood on the railing, his coat's edges floating in the wind, the setting sun gleamed along his cutlass. Hanging on to the railing as the Schooner, swung closer and closer, the boarding party readying themselves.

"Pistols and cutlasses lads! To me lads! To me!" James hollered as the muskets from the Portuguese crew fired again and again. Their larger ship bearing into the Fledgling. Captain Habbo was screaming to his crew, directing his men to fire at the blond pirate that stood defiantly on the railing.

As the ships touched one another, the shock of coming together sent a deep rumble between both ships as wood groaned and protested the impact. James slashed away some pikes that were pointed towards him, his baritone carrying over the din, "Repel boarders! Strike you dogs! Master gunner broadside now!"

Without waiting James leaped on the the deck of the Portuguese ship, as he landed he felt the toes, already damaged and sore thunder in pain. Gritting his teeth James was among the swarm of pirates that rushed him. His cutlass slashing and trusting. He had one thought, Habbo.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:09 pm

Raff had unlocked the powder room and grabbed six cartridge bags before dashing back up on deck to the guns. His gun crews had rushed to the cannons and were waiting for powder. Raff handed out the cartridges and ran to his gun, after shouting orders for the gun crews to loaded double canister grape shot. As the guns were ready to fire, James leaped to the Portuguese ship

"Fire on the bow and stern" shouted Raff. The cannons thundered and smoked billowed from their muzzles. Small pistol balls scattered like bbs from a shotgun from each of the six cannons, peppering the deck, masts and enemy sailors.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:18 pm

"Follow me men!", Caesar ordered the group of men under his command quickly they assembled on the beach just as the enemy vessels boats reached shore. The pirates on the vessel fired off muskets and pistols downing several men in Caesar's group. Caesar drew his pistol and with a few other pirates smart enough to bring fire arms returned the fire, Caesar's ball took a man in the head just as he was stepping from his boat.

"Give em hellfire boys!!", Caesar roared and raced forward, his men followed cheering wildly their sabers and cutlasses drawn and waving. With a loud yell and clang of blades the two groups met, almost instantly the cry of wounded and dying rose up. Caesar downed two pirates quickly with a lfick of his saber before the two groups pressed in tight and the fightign became intense. Caesar found his group was sorely outnumbered, but pressed on. "Keep away from the ship comrades, or we're all gonners!", Caesar called out trying to rally the men and overcome the odds.

Drako11
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:29 pm

Richelle grit her teeth once more as she cracked a Portuguese man across the head, sending him twisting off the rail and into the small stretch of water between the ships. She had picked up a spare plank and was using it to bat down enemies as they approached. When the plank finally broke over a Portuguese head, she leapt away from the rails and began searching for a sturdier weapon. There was a rod hanging from one of the walls...she had never been certain what it was for...but she grabbed it anyway and went back to work thwacking away at the enemy sailors.

She could see James working his way through, his expression determined. Her heart leaped into her throat every time she saw a blade come too close to his wonderful self...but there was little she could do about it at this point. Had she not been in charge of protecting their charm, she would have done something more...she would have jumped across the railings after him and guarded his back, smacking away with her lead rod with all her small might. But she WAS in charge with the charm meant to buy their freedom from the gilded cities, and James WAS without doubt the finest swordsman she had ever seen. She had faith in the Quarter Master, so she forced herself to focus on doing as he had asked. Protecting the charm and herself.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:45 pm

Constance barely dragged the unconcious No Beard out of the way, before she started yelling for mates to help her clear the deck of the wounded. On one voyage she had been on, she had known men to die not from blades or shots, but from their fellows from being crushed underfoot.

Dragging whomever she could, she set to work, and sighed, "A surgeons work is never done." and carefully began preparing, she slung her pistols over a chair nearby, reminding herself that she was the injured last stand against death itself, and the enemy if they fought their way here.

Seeing the first man had been injured by a shot, she began her gruesome work, till blood ran full. Whoever had fired the musket had been skilled... And Constance sighed, she was gonna have alot of injured,and even more dead....

She looked outside and hoped that a stray cannonball woudlnt hit her while she was working....

Tigeress
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:46 pm

James hopped back as three pirates lunged at him, has he did so he tripped backwards over some line that had gathered along the deck. As he tumbled the roar of the Fledgling's gun filled the air, followed immediately by the sounds of incredible pain and shrieks of anger.

Scrambling to his feet, James wiped the sweat and blood from his face. Turning he glanced towards the Fledging, seeing Richelle swinging away with a cask rod, before he could say anything, he had to dodge a boarding ax that crashed into the rail next to him. Screaming the Portuguese pirate threw a punch at James' head.

"That's the way ye be, hey? Ye great swag-bellied, ugly son of a dung-souled goat!" James snarled as he ducked under the blow, his cutlass thrusting into the large belly that flopped over the breeches. Kicking the man away from him, James wrenched the ax from the rail and waded back into the Portuguese trying to keep them from crossing over onto the Fledgling.

"Here!Here ye damned fools! I be bringin bloody death to ye lot! Face me ye cowardly mud fishes!" James roared as he swung at the men that tried to cross the rails to the smaller ship.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:13 am

"Have at them lads!" roared Raff, knowing that there wasn't time for a second volley. The gun crews grabbed cutlass, belaying pin, boarding axe, pike or pistol and leaped over to join James. Raff himself pulled out two of his pistols and fired into the mob of Portuguese in front of him. He was about to join James, when Raff saw just how many small boats had made it towards the shore.

"Where is that lubber Caesar" growled Raff, running over to the far side of the Fledging, grabbing a loaded blunderbuss as he went. He peered over the side and spotted Caesar and company outnumbered and outflanked. With a sneer, Raff leveled the blunderbuss at the back of the Portuguese mob and fired. A hand full of pistol balls tore into flesh and bone, screams of the wounded and dieing echoing the gunfire. Raff then pulled out his last loaded pistol and fired at a man that broke through the Fledging crewmen.

Raff's fire didn't do too much to break the Portuguese fighting spirit but it did put some more backbone into the Fledgling men. After tucking his pistol back into his sash, Raff grabbed the boarding axe he had used earlier and pulled out his dirk. He grinned madly and leaped over the railing, screaming in Gaelic, boarding axe in his right hand and dirk in his left. His bare feet crushed a Portuguese who had sneaked behind Caesar into the sand and Raff's axe split the skull of a Portuguese man on Caesar's right.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!