Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library »

Players Wanted: Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players »

Possibly Pirates: The Seven Cities of Gold

a topic in Possibly Pirates, a part of the RPG forum.

Possibly Pirates: The Seven Cities of Gold

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:15 pm

This is an rp based in 1720, when privateers are a real issue, and the sun never sets on England.
We will be starting in Port Royal.

If you want to join, just bare in mind, we're looking for people that follow the basic rules on RPG (no godmodding, no behaving like whiny children, etc.), and people that have at least a basic grasp of the English language. Also, please try and stick to the story. Don't just ignore everyone else's posts when you're writing :)

Have fun!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: Possibly Pirates

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:32 pm

Richelle strode along the cobbled streets, head turning this way and that with delight as she examined Port royal and all it had to offer. It was considerably brighter and friendlier than Tortuga...though this may not have been saying a lot. There was considerably less smoke and mayhem than the pirate port she had so recently been in. She had her arms hooked around the arms of her 'sister,' who was considerably taller than her. If anyone had bothered to look closely, they may have noticed a certain mannish, muscular nature about the 'woman' Richelle was bringing around with her.
"Oh, Jamie, just smell that pork! Have ye ever smelled anythin' so heavenly?" Richelle gave her 'sister' a particularly bright grin.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am

Jamie smelled the pork as it waifed through the warm day. She smiled at her sister and said in an oddly mannish voice "Aye, indeed I do, 'tis a heavenly smell and one that certainly any buccaneer might come to port fer." Her eyes twinkled as she curtsied to some Royal Marines, a twisted grin on her face. Some might consider her a horsed-face woman and certainly tall, certainly taller than most woman and taller than many men. She walked with a mannish stride that was certainly something many of those in port might consider off putting.
Glancing at her sister she murmured "Richelle dear, I wonder where two ladies such as we be, may find some lodging in this town?" As she looked at about, she spotted a money purse on a rather portly merchant. Grinning oddly Jamie whirled her sister around and said "'tis amazing when the good laird lays providence at yer feet." Nodding her head towards the large merchant who was inspecting some fruit just arrived from Barbados. Hoping that Richelle say the purse as well. Striding forward Jamie bumped into the merchant and fell forward into the fruit causing a commotion as the merchant and his man-servant turned to help the clumsy woman to her feet.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:50 am

"Oh, Jamie, dear, are you alright?" Richelle cried out in a voice far more womanly than that of her 'sister.' As she rushed to help her clumsy sibling, her deft hand slipped over to the overweighted belt of the merchant, preoccupied with Jamie, and removed the plump coin bag. Then, struggling to haul Jamie to her feet, she scampered off, offering only a brief curtsy to the merchant and his fellows. Leading Jamie into a dark alley, she gave her a bright grin, emptying the bag of gold into her handsome sister's hands. "I imagine a couple of fine ladies like ourselves could find decent lodgings with this, don't you?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:17 am

James grinned at Richelle, "Aye I do indeed. But I fear my stubble is starting to itch, and the good Laird bless us if anyone of these unsavory blokes and landlubbers gets too close to me." Jamie looked around the street ahead of them, spotting several of the privateers that were gathered around the "Belize peacock" tavern, he pointed to them. "That be the scurviest den of buccaneers and cut throats that sail the West Indies, or I've got a dead man's dinghy."

His eyes wide, and dancing with laughter as he whirled about, the swish of the skirt was audible. "We'll have ta find a ship there if we're to leave the port without drawing the attention of the Royals. Speaking of which, that bonny sea-artisan had a regular fire-an-blood, skull-an-crossbones look about her. Mayhap we might run across her again."
Smiling wide as he took in the sounds of Port Royal, James looked at Richelle, "Lets see what two bonny lass' of the sea can find for food in this fine port town."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:14 pm

Richelle nodded eagerly, smile wide as any river. "Might I suggest we try somewhere less populated with the Navy? Some peasant's tavern should do nicely...they're likely used to women with stubble!" She winked at him, took his arm again, and set off in search of such a place.
It wasn't too hard to find. After passing several taverns full of men with plumed hats, they came across 'The Salty Pig,' a dingy little place with smoked-over windows and rather unpleasant smelling people mingling with rather pleasant smelling food.
"Well, this looks to be our sort of place...sister." Richelle grinned at James and led him in. The room had a blanket of smoke, and various broken pieces of wood on the floor, likely the result of fights. All was peaceful at this moment, however. Being settled into one of the less broken tables, food was ordered, and they were left to their own devices for a moment.
"What was the artisan's name, again? Elizabeth, wasn't it?" Richelle drummed her fingers on the table as she thought. "She was mighty talented, it seemed. It would be a stroke of luck if'n we were to find someone of her caliber...that wouldn't want to turn us in." She grinned.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:25 pm

James looked around them. His gaze lingering on the menagerie of landlubbers in the tavern. Crinkling his nose he said in a falsetto "Sister, now after we get our fill, what shall we do? Clearly there be, to speak it in a word, a great deal of opportunities for sisters such as we." He smiled and batted his lashes at a rather grungy, and foul smelling man seated across the room, who had eyed them while they entered. Holding the fan to his mouth James said softly, "I am not sure if he fancies you or me. But clearly he be interested in the bonny lasses we be."

Looking at Richelle he grinned "Aye that lass would be a boon to any crew. Finding us a crew and something to be sailing the West Indies be a hard challenge indeed." tapping his chin he continued "Although that sloop we sailed in was left with nary a thought by the moon-eye boy of a captain. Perhaps we can acquire it again as part of our payment for saving his hide along with his poppet's?"
James reached down and scratched himself before he realized it was unladylike as he caught the foul smelling man ogling him. Smiling sheepishly he placed his skirt down and looked at Richelle.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Richelle bit her lip to keep from laughing, twirling a bit of dark hair around her finger. "Well, sister dear...I do believe that first things first, we should get ourselves some well earned rest. We've been runnin' amok, hither an' thither, for long enough, says I. It would seem wise if we-"
She was stopped by the approach of a young man with about as much scruff as he had scars. "Affernoon, ladies.."
"Er...hullo.." Richelle gave the man a disturbed look as he settled himself in next to her.
"How's about I git you two lovely..." The man trailed off, looking at the 'woman' now seated across from him, "...er...ladies...somefin' to wet yer gills?"
"We haven't any gills, here, but thanks anyhow!" Richelle replied with a sort of terse politeness in her voice. The last thing they wanted was to attract attention. Especially considering how disappointed this young man would be if he was wanting to cuddle with 'Jamie.'

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:33 pm

James grinned widely at the lad that sat next to Richelle, his falsetto low enough so only those at the table could hear.
"Ah a gentleman with a 'pence or two ta spare. I would be wagering that a lusty lad as ya appear ta be, would want to woo such ladies as we, and I shouldn't wonder as never a lovelier pair of poppets begrancin' Port Royal before." His eyes twinkling as he took a long hard look at the lad, surely brave to think he could impress them with his tales of daring-do at sea.
'Well lad do ye have a name that we may be thankin' for buy us some of the brandy that tis establishment may offer?"

A chuckle escaped James as he watched the blood drain from the boys face, he raised his falsetto a bit, just enough to carry to other tables. "Blast yer lubber ways boy-o if you sit at this table and not offer to buy the best, as sure as the Laird sees me, I'll spread word about yer inadequacies to all the ladies that be frequentin the taverns about the port. Now be a gentleman and order us the brandy."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:40 am

The door to the tavern opened and the bright light of the day surged in. Framed in the doorway stood two royal marines. Their eyes scanned the gloom of the tavern, their faces taut with proper military bearing. After a moment they entered, followed by an officer, a rather doughy and pasty individual, his powdered wig slightly askew on his head. A lacy handkerchief in one hand, a swagger stick in his other. It was obvious he felt a certain loathing for the people in the tavern.
"By order of the Gov'ner all are to report if they see unknown men, as a sloop bearing a Dutch flag and a Jolly Roger was left at the dock. The Gov'ner is offering 20 gold crowns for the capture of these Dutch buccaneers who have managed to sneak into port." said the officer with an effeminate lisp. His droopy eyes scanned the room again as he covered his face with the handkerchief. He wheeled about and left without another word, followed by the two marines.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:10 pm

Richelle had to fight not to laugh at James' reception of the over eager man, and nearly lost the fight when the man slowly pulled his arm, which had wandered around her shoulders, back to his own person and left to get drinks. And then, the officer came in, offering reward for...well, James.
Clearing her throat slightly, she leaned forward, touching her 'sister's' hand. "Jamie, dearest...I believe t'would be wise if you retired for the night. You look rather spent."
At this point, the man returned with three drinks, carefully depositing one in front of the touchier of the two sisters, and sliding in to deliver another in front of the bonnier one. "Yer...ah...brandy, miladies."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:50 pm

James snickered as the boy placed the drinks on the table. His eyes danced with a mischievous light as he looked at Richelle. "Arrgh sister, I do be believing coming to such a grand port has caused me to be a bit maudlin in me behavior. I think the excitement has gone ta me head, and I feel as if I be ta swoonin."
Looking at the boy as he slide next to Richelle, he grabbed the mug and downed the brandy in two swallows, letting out a slight burp as he wiped his face.
"Lad before you become a lewd and pestiferous lubber towards me sister, could ya find it in yer grand and vast heart to point me to a place where such lasses as we be can find boarding for the night? Where nary a soft-headed bloke like yerself could bother us?"
James smiled cheerily and winked at the boy as he placed one of his worn and weathered hands on the lad's sleeve.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:32 pm

The boy grimaced slightly at 'Jamie's' touch, but managed not to recoil.
"Arg...right...there be a smallish inn 'cross the street...'tis few an' far between what stays there, too small fer most folk's taste...if'n yer lookin' fer privacy, that be yer best bet."
Then he turned back to Richelle. "An' you, liddler sister, you ain't done fer the day, are ye?" He leaned in as though seeking a peck on the lips, only to find his face - and arm - empty.
Richelle had jumped to her feet, slipping out of the eager young man's grasp, and grabbing James' hand. "'Fraid so, dear sir. What sort of sister would I be, lettin' dear Jamie run amok on her lonesome? Perhaps we shall be fortunate enough to meet again in the next few days. Until then....adieu."
And she dragged James out of the bar, towards the pointed out inn.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:27 am

James snorted at Richelle. "Why lass that boy-o was smitten by yerself. Arrgh the damned be damned and old rot their bones Royals appear to be seeking someone." A huge boyish grin spread across his face. "Clearly we have ta be watchin our backsides now, since I doubt me wearing a dress is going to fool many people for very long." Sighing he looked at Richelle, "Clearly lass we are in some fouls winds and rough seas at the moment." Walking next to her sister Jamie squeezed her hand tightly before easing up on it. The warmth of the day seeped into James, he loved the blue skies, the slight winds, the smell of the seas, longing to be sailing again seeking adventure and fortune among the waves.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Richelle felt her face warm slightly, and she winked at her 'sister.' "Well, I do believe I said we might be meetin' again, didn't I?"
Then she sighed, closing her eyes for a moment to enjoy a slight warm breeze. "Days like this shouldn't be hogged all to port, Jamie dear. 'Tis a shame we can't just take off now...unless, accourse, you're in the mood for a brisk swim. If'n that's the case...we might not make it far, but we'd still enjoy ourselves for a brief moment, now, wouldn't we?"
Shooting James a quick grin, she curtsied to a man that held open the inn door for them. "In the meantime...we'd best get that loverly face o'yours outta the open, lest more lustful men come seeking it."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:31 pm

OOC: May I join? I have a decent knowledge of the english lang, because I've been reading lots of English literature
Credit goes to Raul for making this awsome sig pic! Thanks man!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

-------------------------------
(12:30:21) (Sarithus): Yes you do. You know you should say yes.
(12:30:32) Myth: heh
(12:31:18) (Sarithus): Say it. Say it.
(12:31:33) Myth: go on wit ya!
(12:32:04) (Sarithus): ....is that a yes.
(12:32:17) Myth: ... i dunno <<;
(12:32:17) ChatBot: (Sarithus) is now known as (Say_yes).
(12:32:26) Myth: lmao
Join my Transformers RP: rise of the decepticons!!
----------------------------

Sarithus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:25 am

Elizabeth leant against the bench as she murmured to the inn-keeper softly, her back to the door. As it opened Elizabeth glanced up, and gradually a broad grin replaced the hint of a smile on her lips. Pushing her payment of a few coins across the wooden bench top, to the in-keeper Elizabeth pushed herself off the bench and approached the two ladies who had entered the inn.
'Well curse me to a fiery hell if I don't greet two of the most loveliest sisters I have ever had the pleasure of meeting." Elizabeth performed a deep bow, complete with flourishes as a deep chuckle escaped her.
'Now wha' migh' two lovely lass's such as yo'selves be doing' in a inn such as this? Given the chance I would 'ave directed you both ta a bountiful place worthy of such fine ladies as you who 'ave not reached the pleasures o' belonging to royalty." Elizabeth kept her voice low enough so the inn-keeper could not hear, but a stray laugh erupted from the parlor as someone with good ears overheard her. Elizabeth’s eyes were mischievous and alive with a brightness that could only be taken as someone happy to find someone she knows - even if only acquaintances.
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

tigerz-peace
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:31 am

Richelle's face split into a wide grin, and she performed the deepest curtsy she could manage without falling over.
"Why, thankee ever so much for such glorious comments, marm. And we return 'em seven fold, accourse."
She had never actually expected to run into the impressive seawoman again. A happy occassion indeed, for this meant that they were one person closer to leaving Port Royal (and James' potential noose) behind.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:07 am

James grinned a wide expansive grin. His voice low he said to Elizabeth "Be that you Elizabeth? If I may make so bold, by all that is great and good, never have I seen a finer sea artisan in me life. I give ye my bible oath, we were just speaking of ye lass and wondering what course we should steer next when me lovely sister bespoke the words, and may the good Laird strike me dead, not two moments ago, said "What was the artisan's name, again? Elizabeth, wasn't it? She was mighty talented, it seemed. It would be a stroke of luck if'n we were to find someone of her caliber..."

James finished the sentence in horrible imitation of Richelle's voice as he curtsied inelegantly to Elizabeth. Laughing he had to regain composure as some looked at the tall-horse faced woman with an odd bit of stubble, his eyes flashed as he felt the good winds of fortune blowing in their direction.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:16 am

Richelle bit her lip once more to keep from laughing at Jamie's horribly unfeminine mannerisms. At this rate, she was going to bite right through her lower lip and into her chin.
Seeing a few bits of rabble casually glancing over at them, she quickly grasped both James' and Elizabeth's hands, hauling them inside.
"Me sisters an' I would like a room fer the night, if'n ye please!" She spoke as sweetly as any thief could to the innkeep, who nodded his head and accepted a handful of coins. Money exchanged and key given, she grabbed the two hands, one feminine, one magnificently not, and once more towed the two behind her as they went up the stairs, down the hall, and into a slightly cramped room with two beds, a table, and little else.
Finally secreted away, Richelle flopped onto one of the beds and proceeded to let out the (stifled) laughter she had been holding back so valiantly. "Oh, Jimmy, do be a dear an' at least take off that bonnet! You ain't even half bad lookin' as a man, but garn if you don't make one of the ugliest girls I've ever laid me eyes on! Me funny bone can only take so much!"
Sitting up, she wiped at an amused tear that had squeezed from her eye, highly entertained grin pushing tight dimples onto her cheeks.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!