Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Potential Wheel Of Time RP

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Would you join a Wheel of Time RP?

Yes.
100%
No.
No votes

Total votes : 5

Potential Wheel Of Time RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:08 am

I would quite like to start a Wheel of Time RP, based on the universe created by the genius that is Robert Jordan.

I am an avid fan of the books, and wonder if anyone else is as well. And if so, would you be interested in joining a WoT RP?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:20 pm

Never read the book, but i'm a fan of fantasy RPG's almost as much as modern RPG's, all depends on my mood. If it was well put together and someone could GM, yea, I'd be in.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:52 am

Brilliant stuff!

I could GM the RP, and make sure that all the info was put in place for you all. But, it will be hard work, so I am going to wait to see if I get more affirmatives about joining in!

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hjorr the Forsaken on Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:56 am

I tried reading through them, but struggled. Quite a lot actually. So I suppose I would wonder firstly if it would be necessary to read the series before joining your RP, and secondly, how "fan fiction"/cannon would it be?

(Wow...that was a long sentence...: / )

Hjorr the Forsaken
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:33 am

Actually, I don't care if it has continuity with the books or is merely a side-story or a spin-off. As long as it's well thought-out and organized, this'll be a good fantasy rpg.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hjorr the Forsaken on Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:58 pm

Andrew Blade wrote:Actually, I don't care if it has continuity with the books or is merely a side-story or a spin-off. As long as it's well thought-out and organized, this'll be a good fantasy rpg.

I know, I know.
It's not that I care. But when Saladin asked for people that would be interested, those are things that would sway my decision. I wouldn't join if it relied to heavily on the original books. I would consider it if that was not a problem.

Does that make more sense?

Hjorr the Forsaken
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:08 pm

Yea. I'm with you on that- I don't want to roleplay a story that's already been told. I don't really care either way, because I have never read the books, so I would probably play my own character. However, if the RPG is basically a retouched script of the books, yea, that wouldn't work for me.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:26 am

Thanks guys!

Just to clarify for you... it would not be based on the actual books in regards to storyline, just the actual world itself.

So, for example, there would still be (apologies, for maybe only Hjorr will understand) the white tower where the Aes Sedai are based, the black tower for the Asha'men etc.

Also, in regards to races etc, they would all be based on the books, and the uses of magic etc would also be strictly based upon the books.

So, in overview, I would want the world to be quite strictly based on the books, locations, races, organisations etc, but the storyline would be made by US, the RPers.

Hope that clears things up, but as mentioned, it will take me quite a while to set all of it up, having to put information and what not into the forums, so as yet, the RP is on stand by till more interest is raised.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:17 am

In fact, if you guys want to start it up with me, I will begin work on it! Umm... it will more than likely take me a while to complete, two hours a day online isn't really quite enough!

So, what would have taken me perhaps a day or so to do, will now take a considerable amount longer.

So, just let me know, and I will do a bit each day.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:42 pm

I'm in, got a while until my internet is up anyway

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:56 am

OK, brilliant stuff Andrew! What do you say Hjorr?

What I will do is ask Eric to make me a sub forum for the RP, basically because there is so much info that I will need to put into it!!

But, I will start on it within the next few days... I need to grab a couple of my books so that I know I am getting everything perfectly right.

So, expect something soon chaps!

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hjorr the Forsaken on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:35 am

I would be honored to help you in anyway that I am able, Saladin.

Just let me know what you would have of me.

Hjorr the Forsaken
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:52 am

Brilliant, thanks Hjorr.

First off I must ask, do you still have copies of the books? If so, let me know, because a lot of the information I will be taking almost directly from the glossaries within the book.

Information needed will contain the following:

*Characteristics on the land and climate of the countries, as well as their people.
*Governmental and military set up of each country.
*Maps of the world. (If it is possible for you to scan the maps, that would be great, or even find links to existing copies that are online.)
*Information on the Aes Sedai and Asha'man organisations - which will include information on the Aes Sedai Ajahs, their recruitment and testing as well as initiation rites. Also, with the Asha'man, information on the different rankings that they have etc.
*Information on the True Source, respectively Saidar and Saidin, and included in that, information on the Five Powers and the differences between men's and women's channeling.
*Information on the religion of the world. (Although it is rather simplistic.) This to include about Shai'tan also. However, I do not think I will put Forsaken into the plot, as they would have to be more stock characters.

I think that pretty much covers it... But I am pretty sure that, as I get to working on it, I will find more stuff I need to do!

And there we go, there is another thing I didn't think of -- The races, although mainly humans, there are Trollocs, Fades, and the big people whose name I cannot remember. They live in woods and rarely leave there Steddings? I truly cannot remember!!

Anyway, if you want to help me collect the info, feel free to do so, it would be greatly appreciated my friend.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hjorr the Forsaken on Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:32 am

I do not have copies of these books, but I can purchase them/borrow them from the library, if that is what's necessary. If it's possible it would be nice for me if you could decide which parts of this you would like to take responsibility for, and decide which you would like me to do.

That way we don't end up with both/all three of us doing all of the same things. It would be unfortunate to spend hours, or even a small amount of time, working only to find out that we have overlapped to such an extent that nothing really got done, if that makes sense.

So, that's what I've got.

Hjorr the Forsaken
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:59 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just thought you had the books is all.

To be fair, I COULD do it all myself, but it may be some time until I can do so. Because, I must admit that I prefer to do all the work for RPs that I started on my own!

But, as I said, all the info I am actually taking from the books themselves, which I do have copies of.

So, perhaps, for now, we could place it on hold until I can get online for longer periods of time, which hopefully shouldn't be that long!

I think that way, it will be easier. And to be honest, once I have private acces to the net again, and not having to use libraries, I don't actually see it taking that much time for me to get it all set up.

That is my thoughts on the situation anyway.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:42 pm

I'm certainly up for it Saladin. I have only read up to book six, so I cannot exactly tell you where the world is at right now.

I suppose I could just get you to post any history we should know about the world for those who have not read, or have not finished...so void this part. >.>

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:11 am

Brilliant stuff, thanks Gabe!

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avius on Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:24 am

I don't know if I am a little late on this or not but I just joined the forums and am looking to have a fun time RPing.

Anyways this thread caught my eye and a WoT RP sounds like fun. I am a big fan of Robert Jordan (although he can be really long winded hehe) and I have read all 11 of his books, still waiting on that 12th one though hehe.

But yeah, cant wait to find out more about what you guys have in mind.

Avius
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.