Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

There is Magic Here

Powers and Plots!

a part of “There is Magic Here”, a fictional universe by Mataulvr.

Nestled away in small town Ashwald the magical residents try to keep their powers a secret, but have a little fun along the way. Set in Present day.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “There is Magic Here”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Powers and Plots!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mataulvr on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:08 pm

So here, if you've got an idea for how a certain power can affect the story feel free to drop it in here. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mataulvr
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Powers and Plots!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lizardheartstring on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Alright, since nobody's posted in this topic, I thought I might tell everyone what I had in store for Aurora. So in attempt to make her power stronger and use "shortcuts" if you will, she'll accidentally bring in things from other dimensions that aren't supposed to be there. (I was thinking a shadowy demon monster, unless anyone has a better idea.) And then everyone will either have to fight the monster, or cast it back from where it came. Any objections or add-ons to that idea?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lizardheartstring
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mataulvr on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:53 am

Oh oh! I think I may have an add on! So the shadow monster could potentially attatch itself to other shadows and control the object that it is cast into. So potentially the shadow of a human and making it a puppet.

Mataulvr
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:22 pm

OMG! What if the shadow monster multiplied. And it started to feed on like everyone.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lizardheartstring on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:55 pm

WHAT IF THE SHADOW MONSTER COULD DO ALL THOSE THINGS. XD

lizardheartstring
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Imperfections on Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:52 pm

Absolute perfection! Omg! I can just see Diana's reaction to her shadow being controlled. She would stare at it and sigh. Then she would call Damien. "My shadow is being dumb." She wouldn't even suspect that something was controlling it.

Simple_Imperfections
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Braysl on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:16 pm

I really like Aurora and her power, especially this cute little plot bunny that popped out of the subverse. I have a question, though....is the demon/monster just shadows, or can it take the form of an actual thing?

Braysl
Member for 6 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lizardheartstring on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:46 pm

@Braysl I think Mataulvr said this...basically what happens is that the shadow monster can cast on to shadows, and then turn into a form of those things that it cast onto (ex: humans, animals, etc.) so yes to both of your questions, however, when it takes the form of a thing, it's a shadow-form. Plus it can multiply.

I also feel like even though the shadow can take other forms, it also has its own form...like, it's own figure. It doesn't HAVE to take on the form of someone else, but it usually does.

Really, I don't care what happens with the shadow demon, anything goes and anything you create with it is fine with me :)

lizardheartstring
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Braysl on Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:22 pm

@lizardheartstring oh okay awesome I was for some reason thinking that it was just a shadow like scooting around the floor haha

Braysl
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mackamp on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:47 pm

Charlottes enchanment list. I am sure I will go over it again for better clarification. If you have any suggestions, please shot me a message.

Enchantment Descriptions

Any of the enhancements below....enhances wearers or holds (balls) own abilities two fold.
Abjuration (Personal)

Abjurations are protective enchantments. They create physical or magical barriers. When this enchantment is active within 5 feet of another, the magical fields interfere with each other creating a cancellation of both. If you force the protective barrier against an enemy , and continue to apply pressure, you end the enchantment.
1 Abjuration last 12 hours.
Cost is 6 hours of no powers after the abjuration wears off or item is removed from person.

Healing (Personal)
The degree of healing for this enchantment, depends solely on the charity one has in their hearts.
1 Healing allowed every 3rd day.
Cost 24 hours of no powers after healing.

Divination (Personal)
Divination enchantments enable one to learn secrets long forgotten or to find hidden things.
1 Devination every 4 hours.
Cost 1 hours of no power after information is given.

Charm (Touch Enchantment)
A charm enchantment changes how the subject views you.. However, this spell only works on other humans.
1 Charm duration 6 hours
Cost 2 hours of no powers after enchantment wears off.

Glamer (Touch Enchantment)
This enchantment changes a subject’s sensory, making it look, feel, taste, smell, or sound like something else.
1 Glamer duration 6 hours
Cost 2 hours of no powers after enchantment wears off

Transmutation (Touch Enchantment)
Transmutation enchantments change the properties of inanimate objects. This does not apply to any type or source of money (like lottery). (still working on the details of this one)
1 Transmutation once an hour.
Cost 15 mins of no power after object changes. Once changed the object remains that way.
============================================================================================
Personal
The spell affects only you.

Touch Enchantment
You must touch a creature or object to affect it.

Mackamp
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!