Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Powers: The Awakening

a part of “Powers: The Awakening”, a fictional universe by Screedle.

An unexplainable series of genetic mutations has given rise to a new class of human; the Hypermorph, those with abilities and strengths once thought to be impossible for humanity.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Powers: The Awakening”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:21 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Powers: The Awakening"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Screedle
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Powers: The Awakening

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm interested, but I have to wonder- what exactly happens in these "Developments"? Is it just any type of power or are they connected/restricted to something when they are used? And are there any downsides?
The Darkness serves to make a faint Light glow brighter. However, those drenched in Light only serve to create Darkness.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Thanks for showing interest Asher. I seemed to have accidentally deleted the rules before I posted the thread, but they're back now. It goes into detail about what these abilities essentially are.

Screedle
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:19 pm

Ah, that. Edit in the "Rules" in the Rules Section after you post the roleplay, because somehow they get deleted if you fill in the Rules Section prior to submitting it.

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:24 pm

I have to ask, can a Hypermorph's powers extend into the non-Anima+ inspired area? Example being a guy stuck in an oil tanker on the bottom of the ocean gaining the ability to move through walls.
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Thundergod1020
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:28 pm

I'd actually entirely forgotten about Anima+ (I had seen two novels of it years ago, slipped my mind, heh)

Walking through walls certainly could be an acceptable power depending on how it's handled. As long as the character doesnt have the ability to move through everything all the time I would allow it

Screedle
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!