Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Practice for me Free art for you

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Practice for me Free art for you

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Hello there! My name is Rah!

I'm new in town and I thought to myself..'Hey! Why not make friends, meet new people, and establish connections, while doing art!'

I love art have been drawing all my life and currently in art school right now. Though i'm in school, and other things, I know how to organize my time to fit in things I like to do like role play and doing my own art. I'm in a stage in my life where i'm just practicing ,practicing, practicing. Practice makes perfect you know! And I won't know what I can't do until I test my boundaries. I'm up for drawing any and everything. Mature, fluff, animals, people, babies, clothes, group poses, action poses, life drawings. I know a lot of different materials such as water color,digital, acrylic, makers, color pencil, pastel, oil pastel,print making. So please come give me a request and while I'm drawing how about we get to know one another? This for will also be open for as long as I can help it, even when i'm up to my ears In requests please come and give me another one.

Most of my requests will be digital work, since it's easier to transport. But I also do traditional artwork, if I did that for your piece and you want it please PM me to talk about shipping and handling.

Commissions are a different topic all together and I would please ask that you PM.

But besides those two things. This is merely a artist trying to test her limits. So come challenge me!!!

here is my Deviantart page http://rahradio14.deviantart.com/

example of tradiotonal work

http://rahradio14.deviantart.com/art/This-Is-Me-360732559

http://rahradio14.deviantart.com/art/Flowers-and-Curls-368188613

Example of digital work

http://rahradio14.deviantart.com/art/She-runs-with-wolves-443922096

http://rahradio14.deviantart.com/art/Personal-Space-374328027
RahRadio14

"F.I.S.H" is the meaning to life.
Fuck. It. Shit. Happens.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RahRadio14
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Practice for me Free art for you

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:25 am

Hi there, RahRadio14! Welcome to RolePlayGateway. These sort of threads tend to really take off, so expect a lot of activity!

I really like your art style! I'm a huge fan of colors and how they blend with each other, especially in the digital stuff. I like your self-portrait a lot, too. I remember using oil pastels in, like, elementary school and finding them smeary and messy, but it's good to see what can really be done with them once you know what you're doing. Nice facial expression. ;)

Hmmm .. I have some ideas for what to ask about, I guess. But I figured I'd ask some questions, first! What got you into art? What's your favorite medium to create with? What brought you to RolePlayGateway?

Nice to meet you!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Oh! Wonderful! I had thought that no one was going to reply. Thank you for the very warm welcome. It's greatly appreciated!

Now lets see….where to start.

What got me into art eh? Well it started as really just something to do. I grew up in a single parent household and with no connections in a new city my mother had to take me every where with her. Now being a kid she had to keep me entertained someway. So she started literally throwing sketchbooks and art supplies at me. At first it was just to color, to draw, to put my crayon to paper, and escape to that other place. But then I started meeting more and more people who liked to draw, we would have competitions and try to beat each other. I still didn't think I wanted to do this as a career. It was more a hobby. At that time I was more into books and writing, and wanted to be either an author or a librarian. Then I found anime and speed drawing videos and I wanted to get better. (This is also the time I started role play.) I started really taking my drawing classes seriously in high school, I started picking up different mediums and playing with different techniques. I found a passion in it which is why I choose an art college.

My favorite medium right now is color pencils and markers, I like them currently because they are the most difficult to create with.

I came to role play gate way because I had stopped role playing a while ago but really wanted to get back into it. I found this site as a great adventure and writing experience. My writing is improving by leaps and bounds here.

It was nice meeting you to ViceVersus.

Is there anything you would like me to draw?

RahRadio14
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks for the thoughtful reply! That's a really great story you have. I'm glad you came into art and have decided to take it to the next level.

Hmm. Well, as long as I'm here, how about drawing what you think is happening in the rest of my avatar? :o Mysterious faceless well-dressed stranger, and all that. Totally up to your creativity how you want to perceive it. Maybe something horrible is happening. Or not. I don't know. Muahaha.

ViceVersus
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:50 pm

No problem. I thought if you where going to take me seriously then I should answer you seriously.

That sounds like a fun challenge!

RahRadio14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:14 pm

RahRadio14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Hahaha, I love it! Thanks for taking the time to do it. Whoever that lady is, she needs to get ahold of herself, but I like her hair, though. ;)

Hmm, I think I'll pass this thread around to some friends of mine and see if we can get more folks dropping by!

ViceVersus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Hahahaha. It was my pleasure to do this one.
A friend and I were joking about things southern bells do. I just had to have your avatar be the awesome cowboy while a dramatic southern bell tried to do her dramatic routine on you. We were in fits of laughter. Now when we see each other we pretend to faint. Good times good times.

Thank you for spreading the word. I'm actually working on adding to other posts around her. There isn't a lot of traffic around here.

RahRadio14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:45 am

Yeah, when the Designers were more active, there was a lot more traffic. The daily sketch group really got people going, too.

ViceVersus
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:04 am

Well I hope it picks up speed there is a lot of cool stuff on here.

RahRadio14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:45 pm

Hello there, I'm an artist too, I'd like to see you tackle one of my characters if you'd like?

How about her?
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:20 pm

Sure why not!

RahRadio14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Awesome xD Can't wait to see her!

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:30 pm

[url]rahradio14.deviantart.com/art/captian-Robyn-sheva-446729661?ga_submit_new=10%253A1397190473[/url]

for you!

RahRadio14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:34 pm

the reason she is smiling is because is looking out of scene at her next victim (most likely based on the bio you gave a face she doesn't like...lol)

RahRadio14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:04 am

Hahahah That's awesome! I love it! What medium did you use?

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:06 am

I used the art trade app on a android tablet. Captain is done in the marker and ink tool. While the background is the paint roller.

RahRadio14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:05 am

Cool.

Hey, how about since you did a character for me, I'll draw one of yours. I mostly draw women though but I can do a guy too xD

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RahRadio14 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:19 am

RahRadio14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:50 am

Um What is she?

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!