Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! »

Players Wanted: Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! »

[USA] President Trump's Impeachment

a topic in Politics & Governance, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

National politics and the governance of the population.

What's your opinion on the impeachment of President Trump?

I trust the Senate to do the right thing
7%
Trump did nothing wrong, this is a partisan charade
40%
Trump did something wrong, but this is a distraction from issues that matter
No votes
IMPEACH THIS MOTHERF*CKER
47%
Taxation is theft
7%

Total votes : 15

[USA] President Trump's Impeachment

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:04 pm

According to popular D.C. news outlet The Hill, the House voted last week to impeach American President Donald Trump on grounds of "abuse of power" and "obstruction of congress":

The Hill wrote:House Democrats took the historic step Wednesday of impeaching President Trump, a momentous move that will send long-lasting reverberations throughout the Capitol and the country, both already fiercely divided over the truculent figure in the Oval Office.

The two articles, which charge Trump with abusing power in his dealings with Ukraine and obstructing Congress in their investigation of those actions, passed almost exclusively along party lines, marking the most sectarian and contentious of the three presidential impeachments since the nation’s founding — and the first to target a president in his first term.

What's your take on the situation? Would you have voted to impeach? Do you think he'll be convicted?
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 17 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: [USA] President Trump's Impeachment

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Oborosen on Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:08 am

Seeing as they didn't even establish "what" is was that he did, or eve how such things were done. I'm pretty sure that this is just a show. Besides, he's not even impeached yet. Seeing as they've decided to not send the impeachment up to the senate.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Oborosen
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ColeMaibara on Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:41 am

I found this a while ago from someone, and thought this would be funny if it actually did happen.

-
-
I have a degree in Political Science, and I am a card-carrying Libertarian. I've been studying politics and political history for the past 30 years. My specialty is U.S. Presidents. That said, I hope that the House of
Representatives impeaches Trump. Let me tell you what will happen next!
1. The House can pass articles of impeachment over the objections of the
Republicans, and refer to the Senate for trial.
2. The Senate will conduct a trial. There will be a vote, and the Republicans will vote unanimously, along with a small number of Democrats, to not convict the President. Legally, it will all be over at that point.
3. However, during the trial, and this is what no one is thinking about right now, the President's attorneys will have the right to subpoena and question ANYONE THEY WANT.. That is different than the special counsel
investigation, which was very one-sided. So, during the impeachment trial, we will be hearing testimony from James Comey, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Bruce Ohr, Glenn Simpson, Donna Brazile, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch,
Christopher Steele, Hillary Clinton, John Brennan, James Clapper, and a whole host of other participants in this whole sordid affair and the ensuing cover up activities.
A lot of dirt will be dug up; a lot of truth will be unveiled. Finger pointing will occur. Deals will start being made, and suddenly, a lot of democrats will start being charged and going to prison.
All this, because, remember, the President's team will now, for the first time, have the RIGHT to question all of these people under oath – and they will turn on each other. That is already starting.
4. Lastly, one more thing will happen, the Senate will not convict the President. Nothing will happen to Trump. Most Americans are clueless about political processes, the law, and the Constitution. Most Americans believe
that being impeached results in removal from office. They don't understand that phase 2 is a trial in and by the Senate, where he has zero chance of conviction. Remember, the Senate is controlled by Republicans; they will
determine what testimony is allowed -- and **everything** will be allowed, including: DNC collusion with the Clinton campaign to fix the election in favor of Hillary, the creation of the Trump dossier, the cover up and
destruction of emails that very likely included incriminating information.
They will incriminate each other for lying to the FISA court, for spying and wiretapping the Trump campaign, and for colluding with foreign political actors, especially George Soros. After the Senate declines to convict the
President, we will have an election, and Trump will win. It will be a backlash against democrat petulance, temper tantrums, hypocrisy and dishonesty. Even minorities will vote for Trump, because, for the first time, they will see that democrats have spent 2+ years focused on maintaining their own power, and not doing anything at all about black murders in Chicago, homelessness, opioids, and other important issues that are actually killing people. And, we will spend the following four years listening to politicians and pundits claim that the whole impeachment was rigged.
So let's move on to impeachment.
DFC

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

ColeMaibara
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Cult Leader Greeter Visual Appeal Salesman Property Buyer Lifegiver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:56 am

Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) recently blasted Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) for openly colluding with White House officials in deciding how the impeachment trial will be conducted. This could be the start of a partisan sea change, as others on the fence might be influenced to go with her and give Democrats the ability to structure the impeachment trial more fairly...and force witnesses to testify that were blocked from the House impeachment inquiries. With a simple majority vote, the Senate could also vote to enter documents previously withheld from the House inquiry as evidence in the trial.

Here's the important part: Now that Trump has been impeached by a House vote, future Presidents cannot pardon him for the crimes that resulted in the articles of impeachment. They might pardon him for other things, though, and if he keeps on doing impeachable stuff while in office there's nothing that says the House can't do it all over again. But to say that getting the two thirds majority needed to convict and remove Trump with the current Senate makeup will be an uphill battle would probably be understating things.

Realistic worst case scenario for me: Trump loses in 2020, refuses to leave the White House because as soon as he's not President anymore there's a lion's den of indictments waiting for him, and there's a standoff in DC.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:28 pm

From what I can see, the rabid push for impeachment began the day he was elected, irreparably damaging any credibility the accusations might have. Now that it's going to trial, I'm excited to see the full scale of corruption revealed for all to see... I can't imagine the Senate missing the opportunity to call witnesses and get everything into the public record.

For example, Interface Ukraine reported that Joe Biden was paid $900,000 for his lobbying efforts to support Burisma, the gas company his son Hunter Biden was appointed to during the Obama administration. Supported by the recent ruling against the FBI's abuse of the FISA courts, it would seem that the corruption goes right up to the highest levels:

The Intercept wrote:The declassified FISA court ruling revealed that the FBI is the most prolific miner of data about “U.S. persons,” a legal term that means any U.S. citizen or foreign national legally in the country. Queries of this data are known as “backdoor searches.” In 2017, the FBI ran approximately 3.1 million searches related to U.S. persons, compared to 7,500 combined searches by the CIA and NSA during the same year.

Presidents Bush and Obama should both be locked up for treason, especially after it was confirmed that the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign. The creation of these systems was immoral, unjust, and unconstitutional; their application against the American people a travesty of the highest order. Let it also be known that Obama used Bush's PATRIOT Act to become the first President to order the assassination of an American citizen!

My conclusion? Government is a cancer which must be curtailed entirely, lest it grow into the festering cesspool that we see today — turning its power against its own citizens, manufacturing outrage to distract the population from their dereliction of duty, and harboring the worst of the sycophants and pedophiles among them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 17 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shentino on Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:36 pm

The shitshow in my opinion is just good for giving us all something to eat our popcorn with. I've always known that the powers that be had the process by the balls from the get go and that we the people were never going to have our voices heard as the electorate.

shentino
Member for 3 years
Lifegiver Beta Tester Tipworthy Author World Builder Builder Bug Hunter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:05 pm

Remæus wrote:From what I can see, the rabid push for impeachment began the day he was elected, irreparably damaging any credibility the accusations might have. Now that it's going to trial, I'm excited to see the full scale of corruption revealed for all to see... I can't imagine the Senate missing the opportunity to call witnesses and get everything into the public record.

For example, Interface Ukraine reported that Joe Biden was paid $900,000 for his lobbying efforts to support Burisma, the gas company his son Hunter Biden was appointed to during the Obama administration. Supported by the recent ruling against the FBI's abuse of the FISA courts, it would seem that the corruption goes right up to the highest levels:

The Intercept wrote:The declassified FISA court ruling revealed that the FBI is the most prolific miner of data about “U.S. persons,” a legal term that means any U.S. citizen or foreign national legally in the country. Queries of this data are known as “backdoor searches.” In 2017, the FBI ran approximately 3.1 million searches related to U.S. persons, compared to 7,500 combined searches by the CIA and NSA during the same year.

Presidents Bush and Obama should both be locked up for treason, especially after it was confirmed that the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign. The creation of these systems was immoral, unjust, and unconstitutional; their application against the American people a travesty of the highest order. Let it also be known that Obama used Bush's PATRIOT Act to become the first President to order the assassination of an American citizen!

My conclusion? Government is a cancer which must be curtailed entirely, lest it grow into the festering cesspool that we see today — turning its power against its own citizens, manufacturing outrage to distract the population from their dereliction of duty, and harboring the worst of the sycophants and pedophiles among them.

I'm not saying Obama was a saint, but he's better than the Trump crime family any day of the week.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:45 pm

Oborosen wrote:Seeing as they've decided to not send the impeachment up to the senate.

Two weeks later, and the House still hasn't delivered the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:55 pm

Remæus wrote:
Oborosen wrote:Seeing as they've decided to not send the impeachment up to the senate.

Two weeks later, and the House still hasn't delivered the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate...

Multiple Senators have stated in interviews that they are working with White House counsel, which is NOT what you want out of a supposedly impartial jury. The Senate must also convene to hammer out rules for the trial, such as whether they will allow witnesses to be called with a simple majority vote, or allow documents previously withheld from the House inquiry to be entered into evidence. I don't know if they're waiting on the House to send over the articles or not for the second thing to happen, though.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:44 pm

LawOfTheLand wrote:The Senate must also convene to hammer out rules for the trial, such as whether they will allow witnesses to be called with a simple majority vote, or allow documents previously withheld from the House inquiry to be entered into evidence. I don't know if they're waiting on the House to send over the articles or not for the second thing to happen, though.

I'm excited to see the trial take place, but even more eager to have a long, thorough investigation into the entire case so the truth can be put into the public record. Maybe then Americans will realize just how they're being played by the political class...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:37 pm

The impeachment seems more like political theater than anything else. The point is to mar Trump's reputation to help bolster a democrat candidate's chances. Did Trump do something illegal? Yeah, by the sounds of it. But probably so did Obama, and Bush, and Clinton, and Reagan, etc.

Learned in my Poli Sci class that a US President (Gerald Ford?) had an investigation done into the CIA and found out they had lists of targets the CIA wanted to assassinate. Political targets. From what I was told in class, Ford made political assassinations illegal for the US to commit. Yet somehow both Obama and Trump have managed to have certain individuals of political importance wiped off the map with no repercussions. I guess the rest of the US government isn't very interested in interfering with the interests of the Empire.

Lord Saethos
Member for 5 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Group Theory Tipworthy Conversationalist Author Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:41 pm

The impeachment trial went about as well as expected, considering multiple people including Trump himself admitted to the crimes he definitely comitted before the trial even started and the judges and juries of the trial basically publicly announced their allegiance to the accused before they'd even seen the evidence and arguments presented against him.

So, to be clear, we have gone from our president trying to distance himself from accusations of colluding with foreign governments to manipulate our elections... to our president admitting he did it and having his party impotently shrug.

Great. At least we're clear about the state of the country and the moral fiber of at least one of it's major parties. I do worry for the future, though. Flirting with fascism is starting to sound like a euphamism at this point and continuing to follow that dark path can only have bad outcomes.
“I eat my enemies for breakfast; even when I already ate breakfast, and brunch!”

“But in my heart, I sometimes wish they would atone so that I could be that close to a friend.”

Check out my likes and dislikes post and my profile. Then hit me up!

ChaoticMarin
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Recruiter Cult Leader Hordemaster Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge Visual Appeal Donated!

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!