Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Pride Bushido 9 Results WOOT!

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

Pride Bushido 9 Results WOOT!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:16 pm

Yea! Okay, here we go folks

First round, Welterweights, 83 Kg
Reserve Bout: Paulo Filho vs Ryuta Sakurai - Filho via Armbar, 3:49 R1
Daniel Acacio vs Akihiro Gono - Gono via Unan. Dec. R2
Dan Henderson vs Ryo Chonan - Henderson via KO (Punch) :22 R1
Ikuhisa Minowa vs Phil Baroni - Minowa via Unan. Dec. R2
Murilo Bustamante vs Masanori Suda - Bustamante via Armbar 3:20 R1

First round, Lightweights, 73 Kg
Reserve Bout: Dokonjonosuke Mishima vs Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett - Mishima via 4:04 R1
Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs Jens Pulver - Sakurai via TKO (Strikes) 8:56 R1
Joachim Hansen vs Yves Edwards - Hansen via Split Dec. R2
Takanori Gomi vs Tatsuya Kawajiri - Gomi via Rear-Naked Choke 7:42 R1
Naoyuki Kotani vs Luiz Azeredo - Azeredo via KO (Punch) :11 R1

Second round, Welterweights
Dan Henderson vs Akihiro Gono - Henderson via KO (Punch) 7:58 R1
Murilo Bustamante vs Ikuhisa Minowa - Bustamante via TKO (Soccer Kicks) 9:51 R1

Second round, Lightweights
Joachim Hansen vs Hayato Sakurai - Sakurai via Unan. Dec. R2
Takanori Gomi vs Luiz Azeredo - Gomi via Unan. Dec. R2

End Result:
New Year's Eve, Bushido 10, for the LW and WW championship and the GP championship
Takanori Gomi vs Hayato "Mach" Sakurai
Dan Henderson vs Murilo Bustamante
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:43 pm

Is that the Gomi you were talking about with me?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:05 pm

Why... Yes,

Yes it was.

For those mma-illiterate out there, Takanori Gomi, the man I've praised in a previous thread, pretty much sealed his title for #1 LW fighter in the world last night after trading bombs with the #1 contender by many opinions, Tatsuya Kawajiri. The images you see above are of Kawajiri getting beaten, submitted by rear-naked choke in the second one. I have yet to see the fight myself, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know how it went.

After burning all of his energy trying to put Kawajiri away, he had to go out again and fight another rival, Luiz Azeredo, of Chute Boxe. They've met before, with Azeredo's fast-paced aggression and wild high kicks forcing Gomi onto the defensive until he managed to find a way through the Brazilian's defenses and end the fight with a devastating one-two hook combination that unquestionably KO'ed Luiz. (see first gif in my sig) After the knock-out blow sent Azeredo crumbled to the canvas, obviously unconscious, Gomi continued to rain down blows. It took several referees to finally haul the Japanese warrior off of his opponent. Apparently Gomi got a little bit carried away. Because of this Azeredo vowed revenge in a rematch, but, as you can see, didn't get his way, as Gomi took home a unanimous decision victory even after blasting through Tatsuya Kawajiri, possibly the second best fighter in the tournament.

This was also an exclamation mark, because as Gomi had to struggle through his bout, Azeredo won his first-round fight through a rather impressive 11-second KO, meaning that coming into the second round, he was as fresh as a daisy, his batteries still full from only having expended the energy it took to blast Kotani in the face and follow up with the soccer kicks and knees it took for the ref to stop the fight. And yet Gomi STILL whupped his butt.

This is why he's the shit.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.