Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:58 pm

Title- Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
System: Xbox, PS2, Gamecube
Rating: M for Mature
Players: One Player
Online: TBA
Publisher: Ubisoft
Genre: Action
Release Date: December 2005

Here we have it, the third part of this trilogy! You would think that the Prince would have learned that playing with the Sands of Time isn't very smart. What we have in this game, plot wise, is the Prince coming home from the Island of Time, in his arm, his new love, Kaileena. You might remember her as the Empress of Time. You might be wondering what he's doing with her, seeing how you ended her life in the Warrior Within. The plot of this game assumes that everyone playing it, went and unlocked the 'Secret' ending; not an easy thing to do, but worth it.

Anyways, you have the Prince, you have his new lover, and you have their home. They're going to' get married, make lots of little acrobatic babies, and live happily ever after. That might have been the case if the kingdom of Babylon wasn't in the middle of a war. Kaleen is then kidnapped, for the person who had taken over his Throne while he was gone's evil plot. The Prince escapes, only to watch his new love die! Kaileena, is actually the holder of the sands, and when she died, they were once again, released into the world.

The Prince watches as his entire kingdom, friends, and even him, are engulfed in the vicious Sands of Time. The Prince however, manages to escape, only with an infected arm. This infection however brings forth a darker side; the Evil Prince, which gains more influence and control as the Sands slowly begin to eat at the Prince, threatening to turn him into the Dark Prince, which is a Sand Wraith; you know them, they're the monsters you cut up in the game.

Okay, so you have a burning kingdom, a slowly infecting Sands of Time, and a dead girlfriend... Perfect, right? Not quite. Here you have the return of Farah! If you don't remember her, that's because you left her to her own in the first Prince of Persia. She's back, but she doesn't remember you! Let's hope she doesn't have a problem with skitzo's. So, now you make your way through the game, looking for the person who caused all this! Who is it? I don't know.

Now, as far as the graphics, they've been advanced only a tiny bit, seeing how it's the same platform. So what does PoP3 bring to the table? Innovated gameplay! The speed kills that we all love so much have been advanced! You now must hit buttons in sequence in order to kill an enemy; this is rewarded by awesome feats from the Prince, and a dead opponent. The downside? If you mess up, you get a sword to the belly. And why even bother if you're just gonna' lose life if you mess up? Well, the AI has been advanced very much in this game.

They decided to give each enemy a personality, so no more guessing on their actions. And also, if they feel scared (YES! THEY DO FEEL FEAR!) They'll run away, call for back-up, and then come back to gang-bang you.

Also, the Prince will change from Dark to Regular within the story(And I also heard something about Fire for Dark, Water for Regular?). Each Prince is needed at some point to get past a certain part, seeing how the Dark Prince gets a really cool arm whip to smack around the badies and swing from ledge to ledge with!

I'm a big fan of the PoP line, and this is already in my Xbox, they just don't know it yet. And once I play, beat, re-play, own, and re-play, just for fun, I'll review; so around three days after it's release? n_n;

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:24 am

Sounds good Arkon. I really enjoyed the first one, but I didn't unlock the ending. Sands of Time though...I don't know. I beat the first half and then it got hella hard for me. I dunno why, but all of a sudden it got DMC 3 hard on me. And with the plot line beginning to falter, I dunno, just didn't have the effort nor the drive to beat the damn thing. If I would have known it was a trilogy...
-sigh- Guess I have to go rent it again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imaveronica on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:01 pm

I can't believe how far back this goes! I've been reading through old role plays and this seems like it was really awesome

Imaveronica
Member for 3 years
Author Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.