Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Private! Keep out! [Kyoki's Journal]

a topic in Character Journals, a part of the RPG forum.

If you want to create a journal for your character, use this forum.

Private! Keep out! [Kyoki's Journal]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:25 pm

Embassy Bombing
Oct. 20

The embassy, near the center of town, was bombed today. I understand it was quite a loss of life... a tragedy.

I have a feeling things are going to get worse... I've taken the liberty of ordering extra supplies from the hospital for the clinic.

With any luck, this will be a one-time problem. The newspapers have no information, just a lot of finger-pointing and blame-games. Honestly, it gets frustrating.

The news interviewed an old woman on the attack, but it seems that they chose their witness pretty poorly. It only appeared that she was senile.

The clinic is all abuzz, and some of the patients have been worried about bioterrorism.

I have to say, I am a little too... but if they're blowing up buildings, it isn't likely that they've stockpiled smallpox or something. Just to be safe, I ordered some vaccine. -If- it's approved, then at least we'll have -something.-

Oh, before I forget, I stopped into the craft and fabric store this morning before work! They had an early-bird special, and I found some of the nicest warm fabric for this winter. Fleeces and some wool, and yarn at 50% off! It's exciting!

Other than the bombing, things are pretty much as normal. Work is work, the clinic is the clinic- full of sick people. The classes for osteopathy majors were canceled at the college for today and tomorrow, though. I think all the classes were canceled, actually.

Anyway, I have to run- it's quarter after five and I'm supposed to be meeting Shannon at the hospital for the alternative medicines course. Almost finished!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kyoki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:36 pm

City in Ruins
Oct. 21

Everything's turned upside down... my apartment is leveled. I got off class last night and went shopping... (thank God!) and came home and it was all normal. I mean, Shannon and I talked on the phone, there was laughing and stuff, and I put everything away in the pantry...

I've never been grateful before that I'm too busy to cook. The pantry is full of cans.

Everything was normal until just before sunrise. Then everything came apart- the buildings were crumbling. I thought it was an earthquake, so I crawled under the bed, you know, like they teach you in school- under the desk, cover your head, tuck into a little ball.

But it lasted too long to be an earthquake, and the sounds were wrong. I started to crawl out... and then the building came down.

Oh, God... it was terrible. There was... a thing. This giant demon thing, and it was tearing apartments and offices and houses down like they were matchsticks! There were people screaming outside, I could hear them, but I couldn't move. I just clutched the bed-feet and cried...

Anyway, it's morning. Everything is quiet now, except for the sometimes rumbling of buildings that weren't stable, and the sounds of people calling for each other.

I already checked Shannon's apartment complex. It's flattened, completely ruined. I can't see how there could possibly be any survivors of that much carnage.

I'll go back in a few hours and check again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kyoki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:59 pm

War?
Oct. 23

Today was spent stockpiling. I don't know what that demon was, but I do know what I heard over the radio and loudspeakers last night.

War, my ass.

Freedom and morality and all that crap that came out of the radio... I could open up a fertilizer factory and never be poor again on that nonsense.

I live in this city. And just because some stupid jerk thinks that he's all that and can dictate what should and shouldn't happen, my home has been trashed and my best friend is dead under a million pounds of rubble.

Forget that. I'm not going to sit here and listen to that nonsense bullcrap propaganda. And I'm not going to run away from this city, like the refugees that fled.

They can go... a lot of them probably have families to care for, or something worth hiding. But I'm not going anywhere. There are going to be injuries from all sides of this stupid fight, and I take my oath seriously. I'm staying here.

I sorted through what was left of my apartment and I've started a stockpile in the boiler room. I never realized that we had a boiler room, until I found the staircase under a steel door. It's deep and it's almost a maze down there, and if it comes to war, I'll be hidden secure. I didn't even clear the rubble off the door-roof. I just made a hole big enough to climb through.

Most of my food is intact, and I found the can opener. At least I'm not victim to -that- irony!

I also brought down my blankets and my fabric, and a sewing kit. My books and the medical supplies at my home are there too. It's cool enough down there that I can keep medicines without them spoiling. I brought down the herbs and stuff from the naturopathy class, too... who knows, maybe they'll come in handy.

Kyoki
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.