Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Professional Gamers?

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Would you be willing to become a professional gamer for gwing.net? (Please give reasons why you chose Yes, No, or Maybe.)

Yes
81%
No
14%
Maybe
5%

Total votes : 21

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:27 pm

Aw, man, I would love to do this!

You know why I can't- no time. Nope, none at all. Shouldn't even spend the time it takes to type this really.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:27 pm

Cool, man. I want to become smarter than humans. I'm sorry, miyumi, I don't have enough information. Reductionism. How can I help you? Hmm.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:30 pm

Alright, I'm kicking this back up for everyone with a new added feature. I will be running a Ventrillo server for us to use or if you just feel the uncontrollable urge to hear my voice. So, without any further delay...

Ventrillo Server
Host: sin.is-a-geek.net
Port: 3784

I'm still going to be running some CS:S games, if you want to join me for a shot into the clan or just for fun, just message me. Also, if you want to play another tournament style game, let me know and I'll play a few rounds with you. I have and have played most of the big name games so I can try to evaluate your ability for the clan if you'd like.

Steam ID: SinfulSoul
AIM: SinfulSoul4000
E-mail: Sin@gwing.net
Gtalk: SinfulSoul4000@gmail.com

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:12 am

Hey you guys still doing this?

Midnight
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:59 pm

In Warcraft 3 I have been trying to actually increase my skill with something like a 1 on 1 , ffa and team. Mainly I am good at ele td, wilderness survivor. Midnight Maul, midnight MAul war. Poke the ogre. Any type of maul actually. But I am not even think of going back to DOTA because that game bored me out of my mind.

Nightmare
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:50 pm

Expect to see a sincere upswing in activity for this in a month or two, when Sin and I are relieved of school duties, and I attain high-speed internet. ;)

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Re: Professional Gamers?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Enzeru on Mon May 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Is this still open?

It seems to have died pretty quickly...

To remain on topic, I'm pretty decent at Counter-Strike Source.

And by decent I'm usually in the top 3 killers on either team, usually running a 3.5:1 ratio.

Server: MercNet
IP: 74.231.4.73:27015
Handle: >MerK< G0DS3NT
(Handle is dumbed-down for the PHP forum. =/)

.Enzeru
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu May 24, 2007 4:05 pm

Awesome, good to see more support coming for this. The biggest issue I had with this was getting people to be available when scheduled for a practice. People have lives and that's always #1, as it should be. However, I'm pretty decent at most of the games that were listed. I'm still willing to play any of the games with you guys, just drop me a message some how and I'll definitely put the pwninat0r to max power. With the announcement of StarCraft 2, I'll soon be adding that to the list when it releases.

Anyway, this is an idea that I've really wanted to accomplish for a long long time. So I'll keep giving this a try every so often until I finally get people to come together. I've been pushing Counter-Strike: Source as the primary game to practice on simply because the cash rewards in tournaments for that game tend to be the highest. If there's another game you guys wanna play instead, just ask and I'll be glad to try other things.

And now that I'm back into World of Warcraft, if there is enough support, we can create new characters on a server and create a Clan Wing guild. I know a bunch of us here have WoW, even if we're not willing to admit it. =P

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu May 24, 2007 10:16 pm

Yeah, a lot of us actually game together. Of course, that doesn't include the WarCrack addicts. Just remember, guys.

My name is ______, and I'm addicted to World of Warcraft.

It's the first step. Recognizing that you have a problem. ;)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Enzeru on Fri May 25, 2007 10:28 pm

For few reasons, I wont divulge in my ignorant hatred for that MMO - so I'll stay hushed.

I'm mainly a FPS kinda guy, aside from Command & Conquer. <3 It's an intense game. And as for SC2 - it should be amazing.

I play CS: Source regularly. If anyone is interested.

.Enzeru
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun May 27, 2007 12:13 am

Ah yes, Command and Conquer 3. I have had my tushy thoroughly handed to me on that game in multiplayer... Many times. I am still learning the game, but if anyone is willing to help me learn how to pwn in that game, I would love to figure it out. I'll be adding that game to the list as well.

And I also feel bad because I left out another portion of the MMO community here. I'm also actively part of Guild Wars, and though I would be unable to leave my Guild, I don't see why we can't game together and maybe form Guild Alliances on that game.

So yeah, CC3, WoW, and GW I'll be adding to the list of games to participate in.

As for CS:S, I would love to shoot a few rounds with you. I'll see if I can catch you on in between my addiction to the zillions of other games.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun May 27, 2007 3:49 am

I'm expanding the primary games list a bit to provide some more leniency for more people to join in. All expansions for the following games are included.

FPS:
Counter-Strike
Unreal Tournament 2004
Quake 4
America's Army

RTS:
StarCraft
StarCraft II (Pending)
Warcraft III
Command and Conquer 3

For Fun Extras: (Non-tournament training)
World of Warcraft
Guild Wars
Diablo II
Diablo III (Pending... I wish)

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Sun May 27, 2007 9:56 am

I have UT 2004, though I've never played online and I'mprobably really bad at it... I also have WoW, but I'm only lvl 36.
"Some things are important. Others are not. Yet all would claim a mortal's attention. It falls to each of us to remain ever mindful, and thus purchase wisdom in the threading of possibilities. It is our common failing that we are guided by our indifference to eventualities. The moment pleases, the future can await consideration." - Steven Erikson's Midnight Tides

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon May 28, 2007 1:14 am

What server? I generally play on Sargeras.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Tue May 29, 2007 3:40 pm

Horde or Alliance? I'm on Shadowsong, but maybe I'll make a char on there.

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Horde of course. Would I really sacrifice a kitty to be on alliance? Psh...

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:31 pm

W00T! GO HORDE! What's your char's name?

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:46 pm

My main is SinfulSoul of course. :D
I also use Redbawlz and Knifed on occasion.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .Enzeru on Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:23 am

Maybe you kids should stop focusing on lame MMO's and try rebuilding the missing RP from this forum? :o

.Enzeru
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Donny on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:14 am

Server: Dalaran

70 Undead Rogue
50 Undead Warrior
19 Blood Elf Paladin
70 Your Mom

Quote: "Maybe you kids should stop focusing on lame MMO's and try rebuilding the missing RP from this forum? "

Fuck your mom, tickle tickle. I wont look at this again for awhile, so catch me in chat. ;)

Donny
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.