Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Prohibition

Prohibition

a part of “Prohibition”, a fictional universe by CharlotteV.

The prohibition act has moved in, outlawing alcohol when people need it most. In a world where the law has become corrupt, murder a part of everyday life, and the rules have gone out the window...how will you survive? [Private]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Prohibition”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Prohibition

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:15 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Prohibition"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CharlotteV
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Prohibition

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HybridGurl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 am

I would like to make a girl for this. Is there a certain kind of character you would like?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HybridGurl
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:52 pm

I'm actually not accepting new characters until the 9th because of an issue with another site, so this one is meant to be temporary unless it needs to be permanent. However, if you are really interested, you're welcome to create any kind of a character you like (except for a non-corrupt cop, because I've learned it doesn't work)

CharlotteV
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xRoo on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:34 pm

CharlotteV wrote:This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Prohibition"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

And for Roo to make a grand entrance.!

xRoo
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xRoo on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Enna get accepted?

xRoo
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Of course darling! Sorry i just haven't been around!

CharlotteV
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xRoo on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:35 pm

I was just making sure I did send her in, got confused if I didnt.

xRoo
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Actually, now that I'm looking I only see Leo and Wren so...maybe not?

CharlotteV
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Hello Ladies!

First of all I am SO SORRY for being such an awful person and not being around so much like oh my gosh, bbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuutt I got my priorities back together and I miss you guys SO MUCH and I miss talking to you both and just basically having a relationship like OMG what was I even doing *rolls on floor all upset like*

ANYWHO -- I'm not even going to lie, I've gotten pretty behind on what's going on in the world of Prohibition except for like the idea of where Maggie/Zero and Enna/Sammy are.

SOOOOOOO I was thinking, maybe we should make a sequel? Now, we could tie up this end (however long that'll take) until ALL of our characters are at a good place to start anew. And then I think we should do some kind of a time skip?

So in the sequel we could:
  • Catch up with Forrest & Kaiden -- I know they aren't together right now, but they're both alive and going through their own stuff so we could see how they're managing without each other
  • Maggie & Woohyun -- WIP
  • Enna & Sammy -- could deal with Tommy's death and Mary and Lucy's disappearance during the time skip AND be moved into their fancy new house and happy. Actually, Roo, where we are now might be a good spot to leave them. Just getting off the plane and back home and whatnot.
  • Trent & Naomi -- WIP (I know that there is like a shit ton of drama going on here)
  • Kristen & Cammy -- actually...lost track of them too, but they wouldn't be hard to figure out

Anyway, lemme know what you think. We can get back into long beautiful posts and love and all that good stuff. Once we get Mags/Zero and Trent/Na to a stopping point we could do it! BUT if either of you don't wan to then NO PRESSURE. I just thought it was a good idea.

CharlotteV
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xRoo on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:58 am

You missy should be in big trouble, but I can deal. I got my first job, dropped out of college for a much needed break. Life is alright so far. e.e Sorta. God, I missed the both of you. We're like the three peas in a pod, musketeers! Cant waaaaait to catch up.

So, I think it'd be cool to do a time skip, sequeal!
Enna and Sammy can deal with the stress, move from it, the loss of the family members. Have their beautiful home.

Trent and Na would be interesting after the drama.

Forrest and Kaiden, I missed the two of them.

I think we could get back to our beautiful long posts. :)

xRoo
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:49 pm

Roo, that's basically me. I got my first degree (one out of many) but dropped this semester of school in favor of working. I'm planning a big move (like cross country) in January so I'm in need of major $ Life's pretty good. Busy, but good. Anyway, I want this to become more of a priority though because I've missed both of you in my life.

OMG GUYS THE SEQUEL COULD COME AFTER THE PROHIBITION IS LIFTED

CharlotteV
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xRoo on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:27 am

Omg where alcohol is allowed?! Holllly crap, that'd be insane!!!

So much could go crazy, if alcohol is allowed, then more people would sell it, and not be afraid, then more competition.

xRoo
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryutsuki on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi lovelies ^w^~
* I missed you two much and apologies.

Stuff happening in my life (of course can be skipped :)
-----------------------------------
There's been a lot going on in my life (things settling down a bit) and I'm very sorry that I didn't at least try to message you guys. I've missed you guys greatly and well... I'm sorry once again.

I'm putting college off for now (need money and work experience) so I should have more time now for you guys but things still happen. I'll be free Saturdays, Sundays, and weekday evenings but since I think my family will be moving I will be uhm... busy.

-----------------------------------

ABOUT THE PROHIBITION

My goodness this is a wonderful idea Char! [especially since I feel like I've been half-assing my posts and completely going all around the map]

This will not only be very interesting but also allow me to redeem myself TwT.

I have to agree with RooRoo because... like... the enemies... could be all bad like scary rawr and stuff... and our people will be...

Okay so I'm just really hyped for this and have absolutely no way of expressing it.

>w< I can already see the ways I can cause my precious babies more suffering... kukuku... But nay! Happiness is needed in heavy doses.

Gaaah I'm sooo excited for this.

[ps it's almost midnight over here and I'm too tired to think clearly and smarticuhle to be able to post... plus the cramps aren't helping... so I'll leave that for tomorrow. Bye bye and I'm SO happy to hear from you lovelies again and please do not attack me T---T]
~ Shizaya ~

Aryutsuki
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:44 pm

Ary, there you are baby I was beginning to worry =^^=

So I love how we're basically all on the same page with school lol. I'm always a bit tied up during the week because of work, but I usually have Thursday night through Sunday free. And my phone of course which I post from a lot.

Ary love don't be too hard on yourself, you're not the only one guilty of falling behind. You sound a bit stressed babe...remember I'm here if you need anything <3

So then, my plan for the sequel:

We tie up all our loose ends which I think most importantly is the stuff going on with Trent and Na. At least get them to a position where we can time skip. I'm not going to lie I am WAY behind on actually reading their side of things soooooo I don't actually know what's happening there.

And Ary you and I can either write something for Woo/Zero and Maggie or just discuss where to move them.

Once all of that is done I'm going to close this thread completely by marking it completed and opening a new one. The time period will switch to 1933 when the appeal of the Prohibition act took place. That's a three year difference but I think enough happened in this thread we can count it as long? The Great Depression lasted until 39 so there is still that.

Anyway I'll probably open the new thread up sometime between now and next Sunday but we don't have to use it until we're good and ready.

Love you girls!'

CharlotteV
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryutsuki on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:50 am

Aaaah school XD
TwT Gah you know me so well. Thank you so much Char.

----------------------------------

For Trenny & Nammy I was thinking of letting Woo know that Nammy had gotten into a serious nasty situation. Woo would've then separated Nammy and Trenny (because he'd feel like Trent was to blame for everything etc). Of course that's before this idea (the sequel) was brought up.

<..<" I like your idea better. Especially since Woo would've probably beaten Trent half to death if he found out about what happened to his baby sister... and he probably would never be the same person after that. Soo... no. I'm definitely not taking my dark route. (Seee Char~ I told you I wouldn't hurt my babies anymore)

(Nammy got kidnapped, rescued, and needs to go to the hospital ASAP. Trenny is trying to get the man who put Nammy in her current situation.)

My hands are tied until I speak to RooRoo about these two.

Zero/Woo & Maggie

I'm pretty neutral about them. My next post was going to involve Zero replying with "So... I have the option of going out in the cold in search of some broad or I could stay here and annoy you. I'd rather do the latter." and then I would've let him snuggle up with her and then END. Uhm... I was going to give the little birdies a rest.

But yeerrrps I have no idea what to do with these two babies.

Kris & Cam

I'm not quite sure about these two either.

Forrest & Kaiden

... I don't think I should be in charge of my baby anymore. TvT hehehe... -soft sad sigh-

I'm not sure if I should leave Kaiden with his amnesia or just make it so his memories are almost all completely back. The first option would allow for more wiggle room but the second one will increase the chances of Forrest x Kaiden romance.

However... the first one would also introduce more of Kaiden (would get to know how he would have been if he had never left the Johnsons) yet the second option would make it so that Kaiden would team up with Forrest during 'jobs'. I know alcohol will be legal now but RooRoo stated that their will be competition. I highly doubt people will play fair and square... plus with The Great Depression still happening...

-shrugs- I don't know. I really need your opinion on this and RooRoo I will love yours too.

Aikiko

Will be off the grid for sometime.

Overall

I'm not sure if, in the beginning, we're going for happy good times or dark gloomy boo-hoo times.

Aryutsuki
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:45 pm

Of course babe ^^
Trent & Naomi

I figured as much just from glancing over. So yeah these two are obviously up to you guys. Idea: get Naomi to a hospital and stable, have a Trent/Na moment, leave it there. Pick back up with them healed and happy(?) after the time skip. Idk how much Woo needs to know.

Zero/Woohyun & Maggie

That last post idea you had works with me, just have her snuggle up against him and we're good. That just leaves us deciding where they are when we pick back up. ideas

1) I got the feeling for awhile that Woo/Zero was hiding something important from Maggie buuuuut it has been a long time so I can't say for sure.

2) Woo does still have a job with the government and I think (?) I remember them talking about him having to leave for an assignment when they were on the helicopter. So that could be a thing that happened, and we can pick up with Maggie alone in Virginia and Woohyun gone (for however long) while she awaits his return with baby Shiro (I forgot the kittens name omg. Did he have one? Jesus apparently I need to do a reread...)

3) we could put them back in Virginia together basically taking care of Forrest and trying to make sure he doesn't get killed OR move them somewhere. This kinda depends on what's up in Kai/For world.

Kristen & Cammy & Aikiko

These three have always been side characters so I suppose unless we actually have something to do with them we just move them back again? I love Kris but...yeah lol

And Forrest adores Aikiko so we could always bring her back.

Forrest & Kaiden

Stop sounding so sad baby. You're sad, so I'm sad, but we have to play!! ideas

1) as far as Forrest x Kaiden romance, I'm not terribly worried. The two of them originally got together against all odds and I'm sure they'll eventually find their way back to each other.

2) Kaiden's amnesia -- on the one hand, keeping it in Planck gives them a blank start. Get his personality back, learn more about him, start fresh. Forrest would keep their relationship to himself, let Kaiden make his own decisions, and just be happy to still know him.

3) on the other hand, having most of his memories back would be fun too, exactly for the reasons that you stated.

As for Forrest on his own, I plan to open the RP here (only because I have the first post and he is my main character)

Now that alcohol is legal Forrest can open a bar. He'll build one now, with all the illegal money he's been harboring and what Kaiden's given him over the years. So now at least their house is safe.

Maggie will still be his Brewster because they still make some of the best alcohol around. And, of course, thanks to bootlegging their name is out there.

Just like Roo said, things are NOT going to be played fairly. People still need money desperately and will do whatever they have to to get it. And Forrest, bless his heart, has gotten an itch for being a criminal. And, after everything that's happened in the past three years, and damn good one at that.

Forrest himself will be more of the same Forrest we saw when this game originally opened on MCC. Quiet, strong, withdrawn, but still friendly to those he calls family. Which now includes all of our main characters and Aikiko. The main changes to him now are a few more scars, an arm that bothers him when it gets cold, and an engagement ring that he wears around his neck.

Overall

The mood of the RP is going to be somewhat of a grey area. Obviously because the story follows multiple characters and their own moods based on the situation.

I assume it's going back to a more dark humor feel. Obviously because of the dark themes but the sarcastic nature. You know.

Anyway, there's all of my thoughts.

CharlotteV
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryutsuki on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:30 pm

So... I had to basically rewrite all of this...

Trent and Naomi

- I'll speak with RooRoo about this.

Woo & Maggie

- Woo is hiding something from Maggie. I think Maggie was starting to get suspicious sometime ago but then dismissed it. It will probably become clear enough later on down the road... if I decide that their relationship needs to take a dip.

- I don't think Woo has an option. If he doesn't go the feds will start to get suspicious. I highly doubt that it will do anyone any good if they find out what happened to the police in that area... >..> (-looking at For & Kai- mmhmm...)

Cam, Kiko, Kris, Kitten

- I think I could station Aikiko there (J&J) for sometime. She will probably stay there until Woo comes back (which will not be too long). Aikiko will later on leave after finding out information regarding her child. (spoiler: he's alive, she was just hallucinating due to the drugs she was on during the time that she was kidnapped, and he'll probably make minor appearances after--) [no more Aikiko spoilers]

- Kris will still be their doc (since our babies will still be getting in trouble... mainly Forrest now), I'm not sure what Cammy will be doing now, and well... I've said enough about Aikiko.

- Lol don't worry about it. I don't think I ever gave the little baby a name... and after three years the baby won't be a baby anymore. Oh my gosh how is Forrest going to handle that? Now that I think about it... I think I kept accidentally changing the gender too. I guess this baby should be female and Maggie will probably be the best person to name her. After all, no one loved Shiro, poor baby shouldn't have died, more than Maggie.

Forrest & Kai

Sorry ^w^"... It's just that I keep thinking about all the stuff I put baby Kai through and all the more that he has to endure and then I think about Forrest and how much he has suffered... and all the more hurtin' that's comin' his way...

- I kind of JUST thought of this. What if I start off Kai with very little memories? He still remembers Forrest, Maggie (barely), Enna (a little more than Maggie), Woo (complicated), and Kris but doesn't remember clearly the relationships he had with them. Like, he knows that they were friends but that's it. He can't remember any of the fights they were in, nothing about him being an assassin etc...

- He'll work as a dance instructor (I think I put it somewhere that he loved dancing and since he's pretty good at it...). His life will be pretty 'normal'.

- You stated that Forrest has an 'itch' for the criminal life. So, the more Kaiden hangs out with him the more Kaiden starts growing accustom to that kind of life. Obviously he won't just jump on in but rather he will start seeing it as 'normal' (after having quite a few arguments with Forrest in the beginning about how what he does is wrong and that he should think about Maggie etc). Eventually all that exposure to that sort of lifestyle will start bringing memories back... but he will probably put the pieces together incorrectly and go down the wrong road. I'm pretty sure Zero would LOVE to help him out with that.

Bonus: Fun Fact

- Kaiden secretly ran a large gang that was dedicated to stopping human sex trafficking, saving endangered species, and helping victims of domestic violence back on their feet.

- Kaiden was under a drug, similar to that of Aikiko's, so... probably most of what he said, regarding his months in captivity, were untrue.

- Kaiden's true age is (currently) 23. I just forgot his real age so... he's going to be 23... or just 2 years younger than Forrest.

------------------------------

Aryutsuki
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xRoo on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:20 pm

Oh my beautiful girls! So, I'm saying this first. I have missed my family! I just been working a hell of a lot, so it's been stressful. Ugh, I'm still in bed lol. Here is my input though!

Forrest and Kaiden
I absolutely love the ideas that the two of you have. Forrest being strong and yet, still with an itch of crime. And Kaiden remembering them but not at the same time. It's awesome. And I fully support it. :)

Sammy and Enna
The two love birds. Oh how I love them. They'd have their new house and the new ranch with the horses Samuel's family left them. Enna would have done a lot of consoling over the time skip, to make sure Sammy is safe and happy with her. Gerty might come back! Depends though. Is our characters going to be older with this time skip? If thats the case, she'd still be cute, but she'd also be a bit mature and might have an love interest. Might.

Trent and Naomi
I am tired, so forgive me if I read anything wrong. Trent and Naomi. Mm. Well, Naomi has to be in the hospital in order to get well. And Woo has to have gotten quite angry cause of his baby sister. Maybe Naomi was forced to be sent away. Just for a little while to regain her health and give Trent some time to himself. After the time skip, Naomi could return back. Longer hair, a different outlook, but she'd still have her toughness, but she'd be a little more gentle too.

I had an idea though, and Ary can say no of course! What if Naomi had gotten pregnant from her time with her captor. And when she was away, the baby had to be taken care of. Whether she wanted it or not, she couldn't say because their law was different for her village, and they forced her to? It'd give her a scar and she'd be worried that Trent would not love her in such a way because she was pregnant?

Maggie and Enna and Woo Enna and Maggie could have spent a lot of time together too. Be back to being sisters and Enna could have talked to her about wanting to marry Sammy, but refused to drop hints and what not. Being as stubborn as she is. And she could be Maggie's rock.

Does Woo go with Naomi? If Naomi had left. That way, the siblings could return to their loved ones.

Just an idea

xRoo
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xRoo on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Ohh!!!

Referring to Ary's Kaiden's doing in stopping sex trafficing!!!

If you'd allow me to, if Char agrees as well, we could bring in a new character, maybe? Maybe a few? Who knows. I think that I'd stick with the Enna and Na and maybe Gerty, but if needed or delighted, I could have a character who was a part of the sex trafficing, OR

If you guys play any more characters, let me know. Gerty could have an interest in one of the people in the sex trafficing.

Lol. I'm going to sit on my hands now.

xRoo
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryutsuki on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:17 pm

[WILL EDIT]

My feet are killing me because of my job and all I want to do is hit the hay.

--------------------

Trent/Naomi/Woo

- RooRoo dear I simply LOVE the idea that you have regarding Naomi and Trent. I do not want to reveal too much about what will happen between Trent/Nammy/Baby so all I will say is that there will be quite a few awkward moments. This will be a challenge for Trent because-- [no more spoilers]

- Woo will be off on a mission... that he should have done some time ago. >..> I need to be a bit more serious about Woohyun. He cannot continue doing what he wants without any repercussion. I mean... he hasn't done anything like Kaiden or Forrest but he definitely has done a couple of wrongs (at least Zero has). Ehem, so Woohyun will probably appear to be more serious in the sequel and will definitely be preoccupied. Sorry Maggie~

---------------------

[sorry for short post, I'll try to edit this tomorrow evening or possible Friday night.]
Last edited by Aryutsuki on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aryutsuki
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!