Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

(PRP: Fred-Cody & x-fantasydreamer-x)

a topic in Private Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

For all non-public roleplay, regardless of genre. Your roleplay belongs here if you do not have public signups.

(PRP: Fred-Cody & x-fantasydreamer-x)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fred-Cody on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:22 pm

A group of students, ranged anywhere from ten years old to Eighteen or older, stand in a large room filled with computers and people rushing around, turning on and off things all around the room. A tall mean, head completely clear of any hair, most likely lost from age not choice, in a long white lab coat. He smiles wide, clearly happy to see the large group before him, waiting a moment for the 'children' to quiet down.

He clears his voice once, before speaking. " Hello, and welcome all. I am Dr. Stanford, and I have been asked to welcome you all to the 'Game Lab'. " He smiles shaking his head. " I know the name is rather... childish, but we around here aren't the best at naming things, just making games. " He waits a moment for small bits of chitter chatter to quiet down before speaking again. " As you all should know, you've been selected to try out our newest game, Tameran. " He clears his throat once more as the talking amongst the students start up again, and slowly fade back down. " Tameran is a new 'VR' game we've been working quit some time on, and, before you ask, VR stands for Virtual Reality. Tameran is a new type of game, a game meant to bring you to a new level of.. well, Gaming! "

Fred stands back in the back of the group, letting out a slight sigh as the 'good doctor' goes on talking. Fred stands about an 5'9", and couldn't weigh much more then 175lbs. He long brown hair is pulled back, into a pony tail, which he clearly spent some time on, making sure not a single hair was 'sticking out' from the 'tail', or had just luckily managed to pull it back that way. He wears a black hoodie, and blue jeans, nothing fancy.

He lets out another sigh and shakes his head as 'Dr. Standford' goes on talking. He begins to mumble to himself. " I don't get why the need a 'Doctor' here.. its not like you need a Ph.D. to make a game.. even if I don't want to stand here and hear him talk all day! "

------

(I know some of the names in there are stupid >.<. I'll change them if you can think of something better.)
(If you want anything changed just say so, and feel free to control 'Dr. Standford' there.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fred-Cody
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: (PRP: Fred-Cody & x-fantasydreamer-x)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-fantasydreamer-x on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:31 am

Jamie looked toward her left where she had heard a small voice of a teenage boy. He was quite handsome looking, even though she wasn't usually aware of that type of thing. But she had always admired a guy who didn't take his time and dress up, which she figured was a quality of this guy.

She leaned towards him a little answering what he had said, which was obviously not generated to anyone in particular. 'I think they just want this to be some sort of big deal or something.' She leaned back and looked towards Dr. Stanford, still chattering on about this so-called Virtual Reality game, which she didn't even really have a preference to be in.

It was all just boredom of normal life that brought her there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

x-fantasydreamer-x
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fred-Cody on Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Fred blinked in a slightly surprised manner as the girl towards his right answered is question. He hadn't meant for anyone to hear him, but hey, if someone was going to answer him why not her. He turned back to face Dr. Strandford for a moment more, taking in something about being put into a room before entering the game, before turning back and whispers to her.

' Do you know anything about this game? Why are they making such a big deal about it.. its just a game.. ' He asked, just trying to get some information on why they're in a lab, and not in some room filled with Consoles to play on or something.

Fred-Cody
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-fantasydreamer-x on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:03 pm

Jamie sat back and smiled, enjoying that he was still interested in the conversation. She leaned forward again, taking it to a whisper. 'Yeah. Well, you see, the game is supposed to teach us about life and what we want to do with it and so on. It's basically like a subject in school but it's a game instead.' She smiled at him, as if reassuring him that she didn't really like it there either. But boredom made her listen to stupid, old Stanford up there.

'I don't understand the whole hoopla either,' she whispered admittingly.

x-fantasydreamer-x
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fred-Cody on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:16 pm

Fred sighs and shakes his head.
" Greeaaaatt.. JUST.. what I want to do.. play a game that the school wants me to play. " He glances back up at the good doctor still talking.
" This better not be some stupid 'kiddy game' where you have to solve puzzles with numbers to ear a story made up for a third grader or something.. " Fred slips his hands into his hoodie pockets and glances back over at the girl once more.

" I'm Fred... by the way... " He quickly looks away, acting like he didn't care if she heard him or not... but he did..

Fred-Cody
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-fantasydreamer-x on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:47 pm

Jamie laughed. 'I'm sure it will be fun and interesting. I'm Jamie. School's not exactly my joy either, but it's not as if we can get out of it, right?' she added, trying to keep the conversation going and still lively. She had noticed that he had turned away from her, but she always took the opportunity to make a new acquaintance, friend or even more than that.

She glanced towards Fred every now and again, as if to make sure he was still there. Dr. Stanford was still rambling on about the stupid game, but she had began to notice that other people were tentatively listening to him.

Maybe this game would be good after all.

x-fantasydreamer-x
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fred-Cody on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Fred watches her from the corner of his eye for awhile more thinking...
'Maybe this wont be so bad.. as long as she's here.. and hopefully others like her.. '
Fred went on looking her over, and thinking until the group starts to follow Dr. Standford into another room. Fred blinks, and quickly turns towards her.

" Wait... What did I just miss? " He raises an eye brow, hoping she could give him another answer. " Where are we going? "

Fred-Cody
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-fantasydreamer-x on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Jamie hadn't really been paying attention to the last few hundred sentences Dr. Stanford had said, she had obviously been too busy looking at Fred. 'Um. Honestly, I really don't know,' she said, standing up. 'But I say follow them and let's find out.' Jamie grabbed his hand and jogged quickly to join the group that was heading through the door in front of them.

She quickly dropped it when they got close, not wanting him to think she was too forward or anything.

x-fantasydreamer-x
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fred-Cody on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:24 pm

Fred was surprised when she grabbed his hand, not fully sure what to make of it while he followed close behind them. He was going to speak to her again, until he noticed the room they entered. He become speechless.

The room was the size of an empty warehouse, but every wall was filled with big pod like Structures, like sleeping pods you might see on some Sci-fi show. large amounts of wires came from the pods all going up to the ceiling, and most like lead off to computers back in the first room. Dr. Stanford stood tall in the middle of the room with a very wide smile on his face.

" This.. Children.. is where your journey in our little world will begin. "

Fred-Cody
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-fantasydreamer-x on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Jamie looked around, dazed at all the equipment. She hadn't always been such a big fan of technology. She looked at Fred's reaction, seeing that he was as bewildered as she was at that moment. The journey. Seriously? How corny, she thought to herself.

'Can you believe this guy? He says the most stupidest clichés,' Jamie said, tugging gently at Fred's arm. She didn't really want to admit it but she was super excited about this whole Virtual Reality thing.

x-fantasydreamer-x
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fred-Cody on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Fred doesn't respawned for a moment, still over taken by all infront of him. After a moment he blinks, and glances back over at Jamie. " I don't know.. look at all this.. while it might be a stupid word to use... but we may very well be going on a.. 'journey'. " He says smiling lightly.

Dr. Stanford walks over to one of the pods, and points at a Number on the top of it. ' 16 ' it read.

" Each person will team up with one other person before they enter our 'little world' " He says with a smile on his face, proud to be able to call it that. " Every other Even and Odd pod are connected together.. 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, so on and so on.. who ever you team up with, be sure to get into pods that are connected so that you will be near each other once you enter the game.. "

Fred-Cody
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-fantasydreamer-x on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Jamie got excited straight away. She had already found someone who she now knew. She didn't want to team up with just anyone after meeting Fred. 'Hey, before you go running off to choose someone, you're my partner,' she said, winking at him. She grabbed his hand and pulled him closer towards Dr. Stanford.

'Come on, Fred, get in the spirit of the whole thing,' she whispered into his ear, gently dropping his hand once more. She couldn't help but feel excited about the game. Especially since her partner was a guy she sort of wanted to get closer to.

x-fantasydreamer-x
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fred-Cody on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:15 pm

" Aah wait! waa! " Fred said as she grabbed his arm and started to drag him towards Dr. Standford. After just a second he stopped fighting her from pulling him and just went with it. He smiles as she whispers into his ear, and shakes his head lightly. ' I guess I'm going to have to.. ' He whispers with a smile, not even sure if she heard him.

His eyes go back to Dr. Standford who began to show people and their partners how to get into the pods throughout the room.

Fred-Cody
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-fantasydreamer-x on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Jamie watched intently, suddenly realising that her hand was still carefully attached to Fred's. She looked up to see him looking serene and normal. She kept it there, listening attentively to what Dr. Stanford was saying. She didn't want to mess up with those pod things. There were probably some serious consequences to doing just that. Technology was definitely not her thing. Hopefully, Fred knew what this Stanford guy was actually talking about.

'Hey, you know what we have to do, right? Cause, seriously it's all gibberish to me.'

x-fantasydreamer-x
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fred-Cody on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:46 pm

" I'd think it would be Gibberish to most, young lady. " Dr. Stanford said suddenly, hearing her words just afew feet away from him. He walks up to the two of them, and looks them over for a moment.

" I'm going to take it you two will be together then? " He says raising an eye brow and his eyes shift between the two of them.

Fred nods slowly. " I.. guess so yes.. "

Dr. Standford smiles, and quickly places a hand on both of their shoulders. " Good! Then come with me please! " He grabs Jamie and starts pushing her towards a pod. He helps her up into it after opening the door to it. Fred gets into the pod next to hers slowly.

" I'll speak with you to again in a moment.. " Dr. Standford walks away to help others into their pods, leaving the two to talk for a moment more.

Fred-Cody
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-fantasydreamer-x on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Jamie started to get nervous, feeling her hands shake a tiny bit. She hoped it wasn't like the Matrix where they drill a hole into your head and then stick a pole into it. 'Hey, I'm a tiny bit freaked out. Maybe hold my hand while we do this thing?' she said and looked over at him and smiled.

To Jamie, Fred seemed like the kind of guy that didn't really ''go for it'' with a girl. She wanted to at least give him a heads up that she was interested in him.

x-fantasydreamer-x
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fred-Cody on Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Fred was nervous too. He wasn't sure what was going to happen, and was starting to wonder if they had even tested these 'pods' before they were going to use them on Students, after all this IS meant to be a Test of the game.. what if it meant testing VERY THING for the first time.

He almost didn't hear her ask for him to hold her hand with the thoughts running through his head. He looks at her for half a second making sure what she asked him wasn't just in his head, before he smiles, and reaches out for her hand. His eyes don't move from her face at that point.

Dr. Stanford by this time has walked back to the middle of the room. He taps his foot on the ground, and 'like magic' a small metal box like thing starts to rise out of the ground where he tapped his foot. Atop of the 'box' is a key board. Dr. Stanford smiles wide, and presses a button on the key board, as he does, all of the pod doors begin to close, along with a 'locking' like sound.

" Now.. I do have one thing to say before you all 'enter the game'.. Try not to Die.. its a pain on our end to fix. " He grins widely, making it unclear if he meant the statement or not. He hits another button, and a small amount of gas starts to fill the pods, slowly putting people into a sleep like state.

Fred-Cody
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-fantasydreamer-x on Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Jamie smiled as she felt Fred's hand curl around hers. She let her eyes close slowly as the sleeping gas started to kick in, feeling all the excitement from everyone around her slowly melting away. She could still feel Fred's hand around hers, he must have been scared to if his hand hadn't fallen from hers yet. She felt the real world drift away when she began to see a 3D kind of place start to form around her.

Here we go, then, she thought to herself. She hoped she was still holding Fred's hand in real life, this was kind of freaky.

x-fantasydreamer-x
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fred-Cody on Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:05 pm

Fred opened his eyes to find himself standing in an open field. The tall grass swayed back and forth from a soft breeze. He blinks afew times, before thoughts started to pop in his head.

' This feels real yet.. fake.. Is this part of the game? or... Damn it all! Did they kill me or something! They tested this crap on use and it got us Killed!? ' He didnt bother to look around, because if he would have he would have seen Jamie, he simply held his head thinking.
" Damn it all.. " He mumbled under his breath..

Fred-Cody
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x-fantasydreamer-x on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:49 am

Jamie heard one familiar voice, being stuck in that place. Fred. She ran towards the sound where she could see a figure in front of her. 'Hey, Fred, don't be so upset. This is all part of it, I think. You're just upset that this is how you're spending your summer vacation.' She laughed as she got closer to him.

She looked up and down at the whole thing. It seemed so real yet she knew it all wasn't.

x-fantasydreamer-x
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!