Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Psyciatric Ward thread (need doctor and paitients)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Psyciatric Ward thread (need doctor and paitients)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:03 pm

(ok so just jump in really i would like to have an even number of paitients to doctors so if one person post as a paitinet then i'd like someone else to post as a doctor if this doesnt work then well see how it goes)

------

Ali yawned lightly as he awoke, stretching his arms behind him so they touched the wall behind him. Sitting up slowly he looked around the room in confusion, the writting was on his walls again and all over his arms again. He began to breathe quickly closing his eyes he began to rub and scratch at his arms trying to get rid of the words on his arms. How could the words be there again? He wasn't allowed pens in his room or at any times since he would usually either try to stab people or write on anything he could get his hand on including himself and others.

Ali threw back the covers of his bed and liften up the materess running his hands along it trying to find a pen but he couldn't. Grunting in frustration Ali slammed the matress back on the bed and tilted the bed up to see if he had any pens left hidden within the metal. None there either he sighed and tipped the bed upside down sending the crashing noise around the walls. He continued to sctratch his arms the words still apearing bright as day. His arms were bleeding now not heavily just slow trickles of blood like spots, Ali groaned lightly trying to get out of his room the door was locked banging on the door he cried out loudly.
~There's only now, there's only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss~ - RENT

~ If at first you don't succed, Destroy all evidence that you tried ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Psyciatric Ward thread (need doctor and paitients)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:43 pm

The young doctor heard banging in the wall next to him, taking his attention away from his copy of The Odyessey and to the list of patients. He found the name of the patient next door, a young kid named Ali. He grabbed at his thick-framed glasses, washing them with disinfectant and wiping off the moisture with a soft paper towel. Dr. Vincent Benjamin Whiting had OCD, and he often cleaned his glasses five times in thirty minutes. He grabbed his jacket, pulling it over his white crew neck before looking over Ali's history. He wasn't allowed to have pens being known to stab people or write over anything. Most of the doctors were still in their chairs, commenting on how the kid was a "lost case". Vince didn't want to believe them, walking towards the door. "Where ya' goin', Vince?" One of the older doctors, Dr. Paige Adams, asked as she sipped from her third coffee mug. "I'm going to help that kid, Paige, since no one else seems to want to." Vincent replied snarkily, walking purposefully to the door of the room next to him.

He opened the door tenatively, suprised as what he saw. He walked in, a small kit in his hands. "Ali, son, calm down please." The doctor called tenatively, grabbing the teenage boy's wrists. Vincent pulled out a wet paper towel and started to dab at the small spots where Ali had scratched himself into bleeding. He then wiped away the words, not bothering to read what he'd written. He wrapped the teenage boy's arms in bandages after spraying the spots with bactine. "Can you do me a favor, please? Can you stay on the bed and talk to me? I'm going to wash your walls, and I want you to talk to me." Vincent told Ali, getting a wash bucket and sponge. He started on the wall most bare. There really wasn't anything on the wall closest to the door. "Ali, just talk to me. About anything you want to talk about. Your family, friends, why you're here. You can ask me anything, but I want to hear aabout you." He continued, trying to keep the worry out of his voice. The room was so dirty, he just wanted to clean everything. He washed each word with a special care, making sure each words was completely gone while trying to focus his mind on listening to Ali. It was something he had to work on, to be the personal, able-to-relate-to doctor.

(Have I seen you somewhere ? haha)
"you've got a warm heart, you've got a beautiful brain, but it's disintegrating."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Ali shook his head quickly as Vincent took his wrist "No...please..." he mumbled lightly as he shook his head he didn't like contact of any sort even if it was for his own safety. But Vincent let go soon after and told him to stay on the bed as he softly wrapped Ali's arms the words seeming to disapear as he covered them. They'd probably be back later on in the day. They always were.

Watching as Vincent cleaned the walls Ali rocked slightly tapping his hands on his head, Vincent wanted him to talk to him about anything. "I....dont know....i don't have any friends....i see...things....writting and t-" He looked around the room making sure that the writting was in fact it was fading away but was it still on his arms? He rubbed at the bandages but couldn't really work out how to take them off. Shaking his head he rocked slowly again. "It the only way to get rid of it.....to write it away but it tells me to do thing....to hurt people and myself...i don't remember anything" He explained rubbing his arms again the rough feel of the bandages hurting his fingers. He watched Vincent carefully did he have a pen? Or perhaps a pencil? but he wasn't allowed pens or anything and it pained him that he couldn't write the writting away but there was still blood but even that had limited ink.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Vincent finsished off the first wall, going to work on the next wall when Ali's words registered in his head. He looked over at the kid, who was picking at his bandages. "Stop messing with your bandages, Ali." He told the teenage boy, more as a soft request than an order. He'd been the kid with no friends, the gay OCD freak doomed for bullying in highschool. Sometimes he would be mad because the bully didn't make the bruises symmetrical enough, not even caring that they were bruises. Vincent spent all his time perfect schoolwork and thus the tiny amount of social life he did have deteriorated. Once his parents finally called a therapist, he recovred enough to take his full ride to Harvard and attained a Master's Degree in Pyschology. He was hired at the Ward a month after he turned twenty-one since he started college at seventeen. He took his mind from his thoughts, looking at Ali to try to find a small slither of hope.

"Ali, you can get better." Vincent told him, scrubbing off the next wall. Thinking helped him clean at a faster pace, and soon enough the walls were sparkling clean. He left the room to get a clipboard, and before he left a nurse grabbed his shoulder. His beautiful boyfriend and colleague Samuel Wiles looked at him with a worried glance. "Vince, don't go back in there." Sam stated, caressing his boyfriend's face. Vincent kissed his fingers, giving him an assuring smile to calm his nerves. he walked back into the room, reviewing the other session histories while he watched Ali in his peripherial vision. He wrote ALI in big letter at the stop of the notepad clipped to the clipboard in black Sharpie, writing down many observations. None of the other doctors wrote in Sharpie, so which patient had Vincent was obvious to other doctors. He felt his phone vibrate, and it wasNatasha telling him his twin daughters Lillian and Alexandria were missing him. "Ali, what's your family like?" Vincent asked, thinking of his own jumbled family. He only included Natasha, the mother of his accidental children, Sam, his amazing and understanding boyfriend, and Lilly and Alex, the two loves of his life and best friends.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Ali stopped when Vince told him to stop messing with his bandages, it was hard his hands had to do something, crossing his legs he tapped his fingers on his kness softly. the drumming seemed to quicken when Vince left and returned with a pen. He asked about his family and Ali visibly tensed. "Theres my mom....and my little sister.....my real dad...left when i was...three"

"I don't really....like my mom....she...doesn't understand....she brings men home....and i don't...." Ali whimpered slightly and rubbed his hand quickly the temptation to pull at his bandages was driving him crazy. "Things happen...when this man comes around...i don't understand it" he said as he strated to scratch his hands and rocking slowly.

(oh just posted on the family thread)

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:31 pm

Vincent looked up from his clipboard, looking at the kid with suprising empathy. "Listen, I'm going to tell you something not many people know," Vincent started, setting the clipboard down and replacing the Sharpie in his pocket. "I used to be in the pyshiatric ward myself. My OCD made me have violent thoughts nad made me do things I wasn't supposed to. I hurt people as well Ali, I was a clean freak. But I got help, and look at me now." Vincent confessed, looking at the boy straight in eye. He would help Ali if it was the last thing he would ever do. He knew the road to help would be hard, just as it was for himself. But he would help Ali.

"I'm going to help you Ali, and to help you, the hurtful truth must come out." Vincent told him, holding his hands so he would stop moving them. "You have to get over the uncomfortableness of people having contact with you. There will be times when you want to quit, but you have to keep going Ali." Vincent started, holding the teenager's hands tight so they wouldn't move. "I let you meet some people later down the road, and once we're done you can pick up a pen without the urge to write on yourself or anything else. I promise."

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 am

Ali couldn't help but whimper as Vincent took his hands again holding them tightly so he couldn't move them, shaking his head quickly again he tried to pull away but Vincent was much stronger than Ali. His fingers flexed slowly as he still tried to get away but nothing was working "Please...let me go...i...i'll be good....honestly" he said pityfully tears forming slowly in his eyes clearly becoming more distressed at the ammount of contact he was recieving Ali began to rock slightly and kept his gaze away from Vincent's eyes. His head was spinning and he wasn't feeling right at all.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:45 pm

"Ali, this is for your own good. I promise, I had to do stuff that made me so uncomfortable, but I did it. I'm not doing it to deliberately make you uncomfortable, and it's not because you're bad. You're a good kid, Ali." Even as he said this, he felt his eyes tearing up. He hated to make people uncomfortable or in pain but it would work out in the end. "I'm going easy on you, son. These doctors don't care if you get hurt. I care Ali, I really do. I want you to get better." Vincent confessed, letting go of the boy's wrists momentarily. He made a note to hold Ali's wrists everyday to make sure he would get used to contact. "I'm going to do a little expirement with you. I'lll give you a piece of paper and a pen. Try your hardest not to use the pen on the walls, yourself, or me. Try, Ali, try. Just write your name on the paper, and put the pen down." Vincent informed him, taking his notes from his notepad and placing the now bare notepad in front of the teenage boy.

He then put his blue pen on the paper, hoping for the best but expecting the worst. All he could do now was pray he wouldn't be covered in writing by the end of the session.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 am

Ali shook his hands quickly and rubbed them soon after, his quite panicked rocking turning into a slow rock, his face still looking distressed almost in pain. He tapped his hands together but they imedeatley stopped when he saw the pen. His eyes looked at Vincent with confusion he actually wanted him to have the pen? Did he not read Ali's file? Taking the pen he twirled the pen quickly in his hands seeming like one fluid motion from his own skin to the plastic of the pen. He brought the paper closer to him and went to write on the paper. Something was eating away at him, burning into his mind all he could see was writting in his eyes and the only way for it to go away was to write on himself perhaps the paper? or even Vincent? His hand shook quickly the ink of the pen scribbling everwhere on the page.

Shaking his head quickly he tapped his legs with the sharp end on the pen, Every time he tried to write is seems his mind and body wouldn't let him, groaning lightly he started to tapped the pen on his arms making small little marks on the bandages, shaking his head again. "I cant...." he whimpered lightly the marks on his arms becomming longer almost starting to look like a pattern. " i don't want to do...this David" he admitedbhis mind going unintentially going back to and unknown memory starting on the other arm this time managing to form words even if he wasn't looking due to his rocking. "Shallow graves await the unawakeining, fallen angels wait in the shadows" he'd seen this so many times but he could never trace back to where and how. Vincent was close enough to be written on, in a swift movement Ali grabbed Vincent arms and wrote the exact same phrase on Vincents arm yet again his attention dierted by him rockig and looking soomwhere else.

It was hard to ditermine where the writting first apeared, he would wake up in differnt parts of the house with it all over his arms different colours, it happened for at least a few weeks then it stopped for a while then it came back so his mother sent him here.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bumblebizzles on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:32 am

Cecilia sat on the floor of her room, running her hands along her shins and knees. She whimpered softly. She pushed her gown between her legs as if she was hiding herself from someone. Three or four months back she was sent to the ward after the government finally caught up with her family. They kept her locked up in the house at all hours, they beat her as if she was a monster. She was treated like a maid to clean everything, her brother and sister were too young to understand what was going on. The nineteen year old girl finally realized how old she was, it was her birthday a week before she snapped. The people she talked to seemed so real and maybe they were... The tall man in a black suit with a red tie was her friend, his name was Jack. He always told her to do what she thought was best, to just stay alive. She tried going outside the night of her birthday, she got dragged away from the door by her hair. Her father beat her until she was bleeding from all parts of her body. She questioned why she was still alive, Jack and her finally got sick of it.

"Cecilia, you beautiful girl, you are finally nineteen years old and you are stuck in this house. You need to live!" Jack said touching her shoulder softly.

"I can't... Th-they won't let me." she whispered, weeping on Jacks hand.

"Then there is only one thing left to do..." Jack's voice faded into the dark room.

"Jack? Jack?! JACK?!" She whispered but he never answered.

Cecilia, put her hands to her face asking where Jack went. Where did her only friend go? She looked back up and she was back in her new room, at the hospital. She didn't question anything else she did that night. she knew what she did and she didn't regret it, she just wanted Jack back. She shrieked wondering where her only friend was. They quarantined Cecilia the whole time she has been there, she was supposed to be in general population soon but she showed signs she wasn't completely ready each time.

She had semi long thick brown hair that was naturally curly. Her blue eyes were nearly grey form all the sadness she kept inside. She had a nice figure but hated everything about it, that's the way she was taught. Her name was Cecilia Lee Bois.
I will take what is mine with fire and blood

bumblebizzles
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:02 am

(Do you mind if I make a second character if someone comes up with another doctor ?)

Vincent read the words on his hand, the horror behind the words. He pulled off his labcoat, knowing it was going to be a long day. But as soon as Ali's resist fell to his need, he built it back up again. He was trying, that was for sure. "Ali, I want you to do something. I want you to write wherever and whatever, but on one condition: you can't write on yourself. You can write on me, or the wall. Even the paper. But not on yourself or the bandages." Vincent told him, tilting the teenage' boys chin up for their eyes to meet. "Ali, you will get better. I was just like you, a "hopeless" case in a ward. But I know, it's hard, but I will lose my sanity if it means making sure you are better." Vincent stated, staring deep into the boy's eyes. They were so full of fear and hopelessness, it was scary. It was terrifying, so much emptiness.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:46 am

Ali looked at Vincent as he looked at him and explained that he was going to let Ali write whatever he wanted as long as he didn't write on himself. He was surprised that Vincent didn't take the pen off him but he was holding onto it pretty tight. Taking Vincent's clean arm and wrote slowly his hands trembling;

Hiding from the never ending darkness
a story without an end
pages that never turn
you all need to burn

hell needs a believer
heaven needs a leader
well the middles really screwed
except for masochistic breeders

He turned away from Vincent and walked around the room shaking his head quickly as he looked at the bare walls. Ali began running his hand across the walls pausing at times to asses wether he could write there he found a wall and wrote, his writting becoming messier due to his trembling.

Drowning in Blood, consumed by the honour that turned into his shame. Unsafe from broken vows. Eagles fly down below where shadows fall. Finding truth in bedded in the flesh . if we are born to die and we all die to live then what’s the point of living life if it just contradicts? Losing to deaths game claims to be the aim of those with religious intentions. Drawing stakes and driving through my own heart pleases those who believe to be my friends. Wings that are melting from those who are forsaken, gods right hands contains no favours even for the pure of heart. Yet the devils advocate is a song that we can all play along too. Dont look up their always watching, the blood in their eyes stains so bright.

(Yeah that's fine i know this stuff is quite dark the lyrics took me five minutes to write and the chunk of writting does contain lyrics if you can find out where they are from extra kudos points posting on family now)

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:25 am

(haha i cantt, sorry)

Vincent read the walls, dark words stabbing his heart.This boy had a dark place in his heart, he needed love and compassion from somebody. It was porbably from the lack of contact, leading to the lack of love and compassion. As Vincent watched, his hands moved under him with a fresh Sharpie in his hand across the notepad. Vincent didn't like showing his true feelings, but inside he was a scared insane little child. He looked up from the writing, looking over Ali's words. They did have a powerful meaning, but were full of pain and despair. It scared him to hee all of his bottled up in a kid so young. Once he realized he'd been writing, adrenaline pumping from the messy writing, he realized he accidently poked himself with the pencil and his finger was bleeding. He read over the writing, a subconscious poem of his true feelings.

This pain inside
It drives me wild
It makes me scream
Just like a child

I wish that I
Could soothe the pain
Make it leave
And keep me sane

It doesnt work
Im left to deal
All this pain
Does my body fill

My mind now lost
I see just pain
My mind is gone
I am insane

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:50 am

(well actually there only two burning hearts by silverstien and the drug in me is you by falling in reverse)

Ali slid down the wall and brought his kness to his chest hugging them tightly, he rocked slowly as he tapped the sharp end of the pen onto his pen, looking around the room and again the placed the pen on the wall and began to draw slowly giving a quick glance to Vincent not really knowing it he was watching "Your...bleeding" he mumbled as he finished the drawing large in scale and extremly detailed image of a Phoenix burning. Sitting down again he rubbed at his bandages and looked down at the floor as he tried to remove the bandages finding a small tear in them he pulled slowly and scratched at his arms and hands dropped the pen to the floor he rocked again.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!