Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Rags and Riches

Rags and Riches

a part of “Rags and Riches”, a fictional universe by AgentPocky.

To live in a world where everything is decided by your social class. Whether you're a servant, or a Master- it all depends on money. If you're rich, you are a master, with a servant of your own... (more inside)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rags and Riches”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Rags and Riches

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgentPocky on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:06 am

Okay... but if I add you two in, let me set some ground rules.
Seeing that you're both new, you have to make at least 5 sentences per post, although I prefer more. Don't go over 8 paragraphs a post, it'll turn into a novel. Proper grammar is required and you have to be willing to stick to the RP.

I did not mention all of this in the rules because it should be common sense by now to RPers to know that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AgentPocky
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quelle on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:21 am

@ Tran quil

Seeing you're new, I guess you can't Private Message yet (?), so I'll discuss with you here if you're alright with it!

First off, welcome to roleplaygateway!~ And nice to meet you =)

Wanted to ask as you're my servant (*hysterical laugh*) what are your character's traits you have in mind? Because honestly, I'd love both of them to be complete opposites to make things "dramatic" and more exciting, if you're cool with it.

[1954][1974][1990][2014]
Germany won the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil!!

My favourite players include:
Thomas Müller [Germany], Lionel Messi [Argentina], James Rodríguez [Colombia], Bastian Schweinsteiger [Germany], Manuel Neuer [Germany], Miroslav Klose [Germany], Keylor Navas [Costa Rica]
I respect the teams from:
Ghana, Algeria, Argentina, Columbia.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Quelle
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tran quil on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:26 am

@Quelle

Hi! It's nice to meet you too om ♡
I was thinking of a shy, yet. caring and maybe a big brother-type character. All protective of his master and stuff, but he also hates having too much attention drawn to him from strangers. Also I think its a really good idea for them to have a dynamic of sorts! That way there will be more *GASP* drama!!

@AgentPocky

I'm actually an experienced roleplayer, having just joined this site recently. So the 5-sentence minimum is no problem for me. ☆

tran quil
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RurouniBishi on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:27 am

@AgentPocky I'm going to be much less nice about this than tran quil was. I find what you did incredibly rude, discriminating us for being new to the website. I have been writing and roleplaying for years and just found this website.

Instead of just writing us off and newbies, maybe you could have asked first. If you had asked if we had ever RPed before on another website, I would have told you that I have several years of experience. And that I never write under 200 words, and my average is at least 400. Or that I've written as much as a thousand when doing a one on one.

I would not have replied like this if you hadn't added that last little sentence on to the end of your post. That's what really pissed me off. Because again, you just wrote us off as newbies without asking us about our experience.

RurouniBishi
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:52 am

Er, not to start anything, but I think you're just being a stick-up-the-ass Rurouni, and a bit of an arsehole. ^.^ You're overreacting because Agent wanted to make sure everyone in his/her roleplay would be able to keep up with the literacy they want, and you're acting like she/he meant to personally attack you by saying it.

Maybe you should think about what you're saying before calling someone else names, since I'm pretty sure everyone here would agree with me when I say you're the one being rude, not Agent. (:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Andrew Biersack owns my ❤
But Brendon Urie borrows it sometimes.

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RurouniBishi on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:08 pm

Oh? So having an opinion makes me an asshole, or arsehole as you so adorable put? As I said before, there were other ways Agent could have done it, instead of just writing us off as newbies. It isn't that she called us out that pissed me off, its the way he/she handled it. And because my mind just so happens to work differently that everybody else's, I find what she did insulting.

Hate me all you want for having an opinion that's different from yours. I don't care. You can kick me out of the roleplay for it for all I care. If you guys won't accept that my opinion is different then maybe I don't want to be a part of this anyway. You can have a different opinion, I don't discriminate people for that. But leave mine alone.

RurouniBishi
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tran quil on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:06 pm

@Gentlemiss

Ah I understand that you're trying to stand up for Pocky- but you say that you "don't want to start something" and yet you're using passive-agressive emoji and insults thaf would obviously make someone even more angry- things that someone who seems to be adept in writing would know.

All in all, it doesn't matter if it was intentional or not but the way they typed seemed condescending to us as new users and that was offending to both me and Rurouni.
I know it wasn't intentional, but she should apologize and we should stop fighting.

tran quil
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:27 pm

@tran quil, You just obviously realized that she hadn't meant it to be insulting to either of you, which is totally respectable, but Rurouni was too ignorant to see that, in my opinion.

Anyways, excuse me for stating my opinion, I just don't like dealing with people so easily offended. And I always say arse, by the way, it's how I was raised.

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RurouniBishi on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:48 pm

You know what? Screw you Gentlemiss. I was done, I was going to leave it alone after my last post. But now you're insulting me? I am not ignorant, I saw very clearly that Agent wasn't trying to insult us. Which is why I said what I did, so he/she was would understand that I did feel insulted by it, and we could get everything out in the open and dealt with. That way I didn't quietly feel insulted and it not get any better. Now with everything in the open we can come to an understanding and move on.

I did not personally insult him/her by doing so, at least I did not insult him/her intentionally. And if I did, I do apologize Agent. My goal wasn't to start a fight, it was to inform you of a better way of doing what you did.

Oh and, I was being honest when I said that you saying arse was adorable.

RurouniBishi
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Okay, I'm really seriously confused now, so I will just move my butt out of here with an apology for offending anyone that I did. That wasn't really my goal, I guess I just didn't understand the need for your first post Rurouni... but I suppose that's because I've never actually had something like that happen to me, so again, apologies for my being an arse. I believe I should have just stayed out of it, but my big nose and I love putting our opinions out there, heh.

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quelle on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:59 pm

@ Tran quil

O-om!? Haha, well now you know, in my mother tongue that means 'uncle'. xD Anyways, the opposite of shy and protective eh... alrighty! My first thought was "I gotta make a tsundere!" lol Awesome sauce, and what age? Honestly, I am not up for eight years old brats xx Rrgghh, seems like I slightly missed your online time. Would be awesome if we could chat, it makes things lots easier >< The rule "at least 10 forum posts to PM" is sometimes bleh :I
EDIT; I'll just go ahead and submit something, tell me if you'd like to change anything (but well, probably it'd be only the personality part and the basics).

Oh my, OOC drama is unforgivable! Alright now everyone, hand shakey shakey, then smiley smiley and kissy kissy... heartwarming scene~ Group huuuug! Then get tranquillised I just had to use that word Or I better shut up. I tend to make things go even more wrong ee But everyone has an opinion and I think, everyone's permitted to convey it!

Now I gotta retreat~ serious case of nosebleed

Quelle
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RurouniBishi on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Gentlemiss, PockyAgent, I do apologize if I insulted or hurt either of you in anyway. I had a long weekend that started Thursday with pretty much babysitting fourteen 6-12 year olds, who might I add were nuts the entire time. I am understandably a bit grumpy and stressed out, and its easier than usual to piss me off.

My intentions weren't to anger people, honestly.

RurouniBishi
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgentPocky on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:40 pm

No need to apologize RurouniBishi, you're right. I should of out thought it over before saying it, for all I knew, you both may be better RPers than me. I had no intention to be rude, however I had no intention to sugar-coat it either. Don't take that the wrong way, I just wanted to say it straight up.

I apologize for insulting the two of you, I'll try to be more... considerate of what I say. However, I thank you for telling me how out of line I was. :)

AgentPocky
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MarchHare on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:14 pm

@ AgentPocky
Ah yes thank you *w* These names shall do nicely lol
I'll definitely give them a search and see what one I fancy the most.

This was also the most dramatic OOC reading I've ever done...

MarchHare
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tran quil on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:26 pm

@Quelle

Hey! (Sorry I'm in a band and we had practice for 3 hours so I wasn't able to respond.)
Also ahaha I meant to write omg instead of om.
Anyways, I was thinking that his age should be around 17, if that's alright with you!
Also I'm probably going to submit my WIP character as well, just with the basic stuff, though.

And no more OCC drama!!
Group hug!! ♥ ♥

tran quil
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RurouniBishi on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Aauuuuggggghhhhhhhhh.... Elfen Lied.... I actually have a funny story about that show. I was at an anime convention and a 12 year old boy was asking one of the voice actors what anime he should watch. The voice actor told him Cowboy Bebop was a good one to start with. Then the boy mentioned that his sister was trying to get him to watch Elfen Lied and the entire room yelled no at the same time.

RurouniBishi
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naught on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Whew! That OOC drama sure did knock the wind out of me.. Ha ha cool story bro! XP Elfen Lied was one of the anime's I watched after Sailor Moon and Inuyasha (I know.. So old right??) XD No one's using Akise Aru right? Cause, I'm totally gonna use him..
{| Royalty |}
ImageImage
~ NAUGHT ~

Naught
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 pm

*thoroughly enjoys group hug after long long long fight with his boyfriend, ><*

I looooove Elfen Lied, for no reason whatsoever, considering I faint at the slightest sight of blood, xD. I don't know, I just adore Lucy though, again for no reason whatsoever. C: She's also the only anime female that I know, and like, so yeah, C:

Aaah, I wanna go to an anime convention :C *is jealous*

I promise promise promise I will make a very good attempt at getting biographies done tomorrow! xD

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quelle on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:17 am

@ Tran quil
Agreed dear~ Man, you're soo soothing I wonder why ><
Alrighties. Now about their relationship to each other! I am up for a friendship-like thing, despite there's still that master-servant feeling to it. You know, like she's dragging him along into doing her things and ordered him to do some pranks with her to pass time xD And how long should they know each other?

Woooh Haruka Nanase!! You make me excited, tran quil!! I mean starting with the roleplay and not... that... nyeh.

@ Rurouni
Oh my haha, I kinda laughed there. In that boys situation, I'd probably be more curious than ever after that and watch Elfen Lied first lol. But hell, being confronted with a naked female body and much blood in the first episode... dunno.

Alright, I'll stop slacking off. Gonna start with the personality and bits of the history this instant~

Quelle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AgentPocky on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:52 am

//Feels sad because I never watched Elfen Lied ;-;

@ Everyone
OKAY,
Characters are coming in great guys! You can still edit them however, since I'm still HUNTI-- I mean, recruiting people to take the rest of the remaining spots. I'd ask if you guys would take the left over roles, however, that'd mean double the work. Your choice really. ~shrug, shrug~

Anyways, it'd be nice if you could help me look for people to take their spots.

@March
I see the list was helpful then? You picked my favorite out of the bunch, just saying XD
However, I'm glad I was able to help!

@RavensOath
So, what do you think the relationship between our two characters should be?

AgentPocky
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!