Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

G-rating

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Coders, Scholars

Any comments, questions, and/or suggestions you have, please post here.

G-rating

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:07 pm

Seriously... We don't need a G-rating...

This is one of the things that irked me with AM at times.

PG-13, or even PG would be good. If we're going by Master's ESRB ratings, then I think T would be just fine.

I want to be able to use the slang term for excrement and buttocks now and then. I'd love to use the four-letter version of intercourse when it was appropriate (appropriate meaning it gets across the idea of the intensity of whatever feeling I'm trying to express). And I think it's unfair to assume we only want to use these words in designated forums.

Can I live in a G-rated world? ....Possibly, but it wouldn't be a happy life. I was semi-spoiled when I went to AnimeLeague and found almost no censorship whatsoever. I could rittle my posts, IC and OOC, with curse words and no one would complain.

Seriously, who here is under the age of 14?

I think we can get by with mild cursing here and there and some full-bore cussin' elsewhere in the forums.
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:14 pm

Uhm, I know I need higher than a G rating with the way I describe things. I won't use a curse word, but I'm incredibly descriptive.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Daigotsu
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:40 pm

Yeah, I agree. I mean, our characters are not like 7. They're gonna do things that we're not allowed to use in G rated stuff. We're gonna need to be descriptive and sometimes gory at times. We're gonna need to not be censored.

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:29 pm

I could have sworn I changed the ratings last night...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:30 pm

I think you did...

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:37 pm

Yeah... I like the use of the word fucktard. =)

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:54 am

Daigotsu wrote:Uhm, I know I need higher than a G rating with the way I describe things. I won't use a curse word, but I'm incredibly descriptive.

Aren't the IC forums unrated?

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:57 am

Faith wrote:Yeah... I like the use of the word fucktard. =)

ooh soo naughteh faitheth...

*smacks her* :D

WOO UNRATED. Even though I don't really cuss much, except for Damn. o__o

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okashii Kessen on Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:04 pm

Yes...when we're IC, we're going to need full-blown freedom to accurately portray our characters in monologue/dialogue.

Okashii Kessen
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.