Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Dead Men Tell No Tales

Read this first!

a part of “Dead Men Tell No Tales”, a fictional universe by Vix.

Three families of Witches have protected the town that their families helped found. But when strangers encroach on their territory and people turn up dead...Who is to blame?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dead Men Tell No Tales”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Read this first!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Alright, settle down guys. I think it's about time I made this announcement. First of all, I welcome the very few of you who haven't had the pleasure or pain (depending on how you look at it) of writing with me in a previous RolePlay. Those of you familiar with my style know that I encourage my writers to have strong characters and move past the usual boundaries. The sky's the limit, right? You also know that I do this because it trust and respect you enough to assume that you are a brilliant and responsible writer capable of reigning in both yourself and your characters from wrecking our story. What does this mean? It means that just because your character fights demons and can make someone vomit with the snap of their fingers and a little will power doesn't mean that you need to go all out an flaunt it. “Ima show off my super epic character by terrorizing these citizens even though it's random, shitty writing and affects everyone else in the story. Who cares as long as my character shows off his/her epic powers! Woosah!” Or the ever popular attempt to draw all the attention to your character by any means necessary, completely making it near impossible for anyone else to interact with each other because you want everyone eating out of your character's hand. Guess who don't play that? Homie don't play that. That's who. I crave Character Development. I crave drama. To a reasonable extent. Family problems, relationship problems, school problems, mental problems, emotional problems. Being a powerful Witch or other crazy creature does not mean that they don't have personal problems. It's fun and exciting, even, to watch everyone grow as writers and to watch these characters grow and overcome some of their fears. The big dramatic scenes when their dirty secrets come to light. When they achieve their goals. When they fall in love. When they learn a lesson for life. It's what makes this so fun. So, I ask of you. Don't make this a Twilight story. This isn't about just one character. It's about all of them. Keep that in mind. The consequence for acting an ass and disrupting my story via Godmod, Autohit, Bunny, or Metagaming? You get kicked out. And we take back the cookies. The story can and will go on. Thank you.

-Fox

And now you know <3
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vix
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!