Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 »

Players Wanted: Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos »

Reading Up on Old RPGs

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Reading Up on Old RPGs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:14 pm

I've been doing this for years now and it had me wondering if anyone else has done the same. Over the years, whether it be here or other RPG sites, I've gone back to read rpgs I use to be a part of. Mostly it is more nostalgia, but also because I simply love reading in general and these rpgs are good reads. I have an active imagination too so I always imagine how they would end.

So what are ya'll's favorite rpgs to go back to read up on? I'll list mine and whether they're on this site or not and what I enjoyed about them.

Yahoo! Groups RPGs

A Universe of Wonders- this was one of the first rpgs I was a part of and the most successful rpg I was ever in. I think one of the reasons it succeeded was there was a core group keeping it going and everyone helped others keep them afloat. Also, our main moderator would always give us the basic outline of what was to happen without giving away all the spoilers. One thing, we were young. Most of us were either in our teens or freshmen/sophomores in college. So we had more time to do things. Plus some of us were so into the rpg, we'd go on posting binges lol. We managed to finish our 1st storyline and almost finished the 2nd storyline (well we made 3/4ths of the way in). Anyway, what I enjoyed most about reading this rpg was how adventurous, funny, and crazy it was. It was the basic plotline of a group of young folk to 'save the universe', but how it was done was fun. 2nd storyline focused on the kids of these heroes and it was their job to tackle an even bigger threat.

Dragons, Castle, and Lace/ Lusts of Babylon- I am grouping these two groups together only because both were moderated by the same people, me and two others. These rpgs were adult ones. Nothing too graphic, but yeah definitely adult material involved. 1st one had multiple rpgs within it, most of them focused on dark fantasy/ romance types from werewolves to high fantasy types. Babylon was one rpg with different threads and took place in one city with a combination of sci-fi/fantasy set in modern times. I am actually still friends with the mods of this rpg. We all would polk fun at each other, especially me and the other female mod getting after the male moderator hehe. Even though the content was dark, it was still fun.

Gateway RPGs

Devil- One of the first rpgs I was in here. I continue to go back to reading it because it was just so much fun to read and be a part of. It was basically just me and 5 others (since there were only 6 characters). The character I made for that rpg was one of my favorite characters to play. It lasted over 3 months I believe (which is pretty good for an RPG here on this site). I do hope the moderator is okay, but she pretty much vanished and never came back. The rpg followed the plotline of Son of Satan falls for mortal girl and adapts to Earth to be with her. He brings his best friend and his bodyguard with him. I played one of the best friends of the leading female character. The plot was really getting good when it ended though.

Fractured Fairytales- Omg, I love this one. It was taking your famous Disney pairings story and putting a spin on it by doing an Alt. Universe scenario. I know the mod is still around these days and I've been tempted to ask her if she ever plans on reviving it, but I've been too nervous to ask.

One More Chance- This rpg was revived once and did make it a bit further but not much. The story took place during the Victorian age where you had 8 people (4 men/ 4 women) who were couples in past lives. The men were all Angels that original fell for mortal women but in each lifetime one or the other would cheat on the other so the story took place when they each had "one more chance" at being together.

Of course I go back to read my own rpgs too, but I honestly don't feel like reviving them. If I do revive any of them (which is small), more than likely it'll be my Cursed Kings one.

Okay I've rambled enough lol. So what (if any) rpgs have ya'll read back on? I'd love to hear them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!