Really annoying!

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

Really annoying!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bowden2611 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:57 pm

I hate the fact that most of the people here are in america.
I don't mean it in a rude way, it's just most people are in a different time zone to me as I live in England.
So when I join a Rp, nobody is ever online at the same time as I am.
It really gets to me lol.
Well there's my daily rant, How is everyone? Hehe.
---

Never try, Never fail ;)

---

Bowden's back!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bowden2611
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Really annoying!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:02 pm

I find that the best way to work with any international forum is to post, go away for a couple of hours, then come back. Sitting and waiting will earn you nothing but frustration.

Also, I'm in America and on at the same time you are. Just for the record.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Village Alchemist
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bowden2611 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:08 pm

Yeah, but to be honest, having slow paced Rps really aren't that interesting and most people quit before anything develops.

That is a good point, let me rephrase what I first put...
All the people in the Rps that I'm in that live in America, are never on at the same time as me :P

Bowden2611
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driney on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:43 pm

Yeah, it always helps to rant doesn't it? I have the same problem as you. Except I'm in America. I have odd hours. Meaning early morning and early afternoon. Except there are always a few people on when I am. Not the ones I want of course but you know. So I hope your rant helped. =D

Driney
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bowden2611 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:52 pm

Hehe, it did, trust me it did. :)

Bowden2611
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:53 pm

It doesn't matter if people are not on at the same time as you. That is the beauty of this being a forum. You send PMs to people, and they reply to them when they are online. You post in a roleplay, and they respond later when they are on. If you want to RP with someone on the spot, then forum RPing isn't for you. You should try chat RP.

I am sorry to be rude, but some of you seriously need to get lives. Way too many people on this site just sit by their computers waiting on someone to reply to a thread so they can reply right away. Well, there are many downsides to that. One, not everyone in the RP is on at the same time, most likely. When someone gets on later and there are magically 2 pages of posts, people are likely to drop out because they can't keep up. Two, you lose quality in the roleplay if you just keep posting and posting instead of waiting to see what someone else might do. Someone else might post something that helps you to make a better post. Three, it's just unhealthy to sit at your computer waiting on people to do stuff. Gateway loses it's shine if you just sit there and get pissed when no one is replying to your threads right away. You value the site a lot more if you just do you thing and log off, or go to another site.

That's some pent up frustration right there. Your thread was the perfect dumping grounds. Plzkthnxbai.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driney on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:04 am

Angel_Melfina, I really do agree with you. Okay, I sometimes sit at the computer, but I do have a life. Which is nice, once in a while. But yeah, you do lose quality in role plays when you just keep posting, especially between two people.

Driney
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:45 pm

LOL!!!
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:08 pm

I think the OP has missed the entire point of forum RP. For faster-paced RP, seek chats or IMs. Forum RP allows people to only return and post when it fits their schedule. I can understand being disappointed if you want to post more than once a day. I'm sorry the time zone issue is so off for you. But being so infuriated by it that you make a thread for it? You know, there already is an "RP pet peeves" thread.

That's just my two cents.
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blast on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:15 pm

That's why this is a forum, and not a chatroom—you can post and have people read it later. :\

Do not see the problem here.

Blast
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!