Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Do we really need a Top Rated Roleplays thing?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Do we really need a Top Rated Roleplays thing?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm talking those five roleplays in the Top Rate Roleplays column beside the new roleplays column just below the RPG banner.

Does anyone even use the review system?
Also, about these roleplays in the TRR column. Are these the best roleplays or are the roleplays on the list on the home page the better ones?

The rate of new roleplays created per day on this site is quite high; especially during peak hours, when roleplays are being dished out left, right and center. If I'm not online during these hours( which I'm not because I live in a land far, far away, exactly 12 hours ahead) I miss checking some roleplays; which considering the quality of the roleplays here is quite unfortunate.

But since I'm an awesome person and totally not evil, this is will a sort of constructive criticism post instead of just a "Screw you guys" post. My suggestion, which is quite obvious, is to remove the Top Rated Roleplays thing and use the freed up space to add another column for the new Roleplays. So, instead of showing 5 newest roleplays, it will show the ten newest roleplays. I don't think I have to spell out the advantages of that.

P.S. To the moderators, I would appreciate it if you do not reply with one of the stock replies that every moderator on the internet has. Thank You.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Do we really need a Top Rated Roleplays thing?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Just so you know, we have a feedback forum (also accessible via the orange tab to the left of the screen) where suggestions should be placed. This is the official place to make suggestions and the coder staff check this on a regular basis. Users can vote on suggestions to help gauge the level of interest and influence the likelihood of ideas being implemented.

I would suggest that you post this idea there.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Re: Do we really need a Top Rated Roleplays thing?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:16 am

The Feedback Forum is the correct place for suggesting changes and improvements to the site such as the one that you've offered here. It allows other users to vote on the changes as well as for the Administrators to properly gauge the interest and support for any particular item or idea.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!