Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

~Recruiting~ The Time Paradox ~Final Fantasy VIII RP~

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

~Recruiting~ The Time Paradox ~Final Fantasy VIII RP~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu_Saiashi on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:22 am

Five years ago, several heroes stood up against a powerful time sorceress, Ultimecia. These heroes were Squall Leonhart- an introverted man who later warmed to his friends, and leader of his SeeD squadron; Rinoa Heartily, leader of a Timber Resistance Faction who grew to love Squall; Laguna Loire, an Ex-Galbadian Soldier, President of Esthar, leader of his squadron; Quistis Trepe, Ex-instructor demoted to SeeD, Selphie Tilmitt, A spunky nunchaku-bearer who was teamed with Squall and Zell after the Dollet SeeD Exam; Irvine Kinneas, trained assassin of Galbadia Garden who attempted to assassinate the sorceress Edea; Kiros Seagill and Ward Zabac, partners to Laguna; and Edea Kramer, Wife of Headmaster Cid Kramer, a sorceress whose powers passed down to Rinoa. Together, these ten heroes stood against the force of Time Compression, which killed all other beings in existence beside Ultimecia, her minions, and other monsters which roamed the world, and annihilated the evil sorceress Ultimecia, which destroyed Time Compression and threw the heroes all across the timeline. Squall, thrown back to the time where Ultimecia passed her powers down to Edea, told her about SeeD and Garden, thus creating a world without Ultimecia . . .
. . . Or so they thought . . .

Q&A
Q: What is the "Time Paradox" of which you speak?
A: By eliminating Time Compression, Squall and the others returned all beings to their part of the timeline. Including Ultimecia. And, in telling Edea when she was still Matron of the Orphanage about SeeD and Garden, he was the kick-start to the rest of the story. Thus, Ultimecia still lives and so do SeeD and Garden.

Q: So what's going to happen?
A: Well, basically, we start at a point of time after Squall and the others went into Time Compression, but before Ultimecia's time. So in other words, it's almost like they never went through Time Compression at all. Anyway, Garden's sole existance at this point is an Anti-Sorceress organization (Garden is still Mobile, BTW), and the SeeD travel the world, led by Squall, destroying Rogue Sorceresses. Then, after awhile, one of the Sorceresses they encounter will be Ultimecia. The rest will be figured out as we play.

Q: What Characters can we use?
A: I'd like for there to be at least most of the Canon characters to be present. I'll be Squall. The others are Ultimecia, Quistis, Irvine, Zell, Selphie, Cid, Edea, Rinoa, Ellone, and Laguna (Maybe Kiros and Ward, too) You can also use originals.
This is the character sheet for originals . . . no character sheet is required for the Canons.

Like I said. I'll be Squall.

Name:
Character Type: (SeeD, Student, Sorceress, etc.)
Weapon:
Personality: *Optional*
Bio/Background: *Optional*

We will be doing battles in real time, none of the FF Turn-based BS, so this allows for a lot of creativity with the battles and spells, etc. However, some spells will NOT be used in this RP. They are . . .
Life
Full-life
Zombie
Death

And Demi will have a different effect- It will multiply gravity within its area of range.

I think that's all I need to cover, so let's see some FF8 RP engage! :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryu_Saiashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: ~Recruiting~ The Time Paradox ~Final Fantasy VIII RP~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeeviousDemon on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:00 am

Oh I love this Idea!! Final Fantasy is my favorite RP series out there! If the character Riona is still available I'd love to play her!

EDIT: A quick Character summary - since I tend to forget about certain details sometimes XD

Name:
Rinoa Heartilly

Bio:
Rinoa Heartilly is the main female character in Final Fantasy VIII. Rinoa is the seventeen year old daughter of General Caraway, a high-ranking officer in the Galbadian army, and Julia Heartilly, a famous singer and former lover of Laguna Loire.
Rinoa is leader of the Forest Owls, a small resistance faction seeking to liberate the small nation of Timber from Galbadian occupation. Rinoa first meets Squall Leonhart, the male protagonist of the game, at a ball at Balamb Garden, where she manages to charm the usually taciturn and unfriendly Squall into dancing with her. Her purpose for visiting the Garden is revealed when the Forest Owls hire Squall, Zell Dincht, and Selphie Tilmitt as mercenaries. She stays with them as they are forced to flee Timber, and ends up traveling along with them.

Personality:
Outspoken, feisty, spirited, emotional and compassionate, Rinoa is in many ways the polar opposite of the cold and antisocial Squall; in fact, she was at one time romantically involved with his long-standing rival Seifer Almasy. Although their personalities do clash at first, Squall and Rinoa gradually fall in love, and their relationship is a major focus of the game's storyline.

Weapon:
Rinoa's weapon of a choice is a curious projectile device called the Blaster Edge. It appears to be a bladed ring, mounted to her wrist, that acts much like a boomerang. She is frequently accompanied by her faithful dog, Angelo, who figures prominently in her limit breaks. Due to events later in the game, she also acquires a secondary limit break called Angelwing, in which she goes berserk and begins randomly casting any spell she has on the enemy with greatly increased power.
Last edited by DeeviousDemon on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DeeviousDemon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: ~Recruiting~ The Time Paradox ~Final Fantasy VIII RP~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu_Saiashi on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:43 am

And thus, My Rinoa has been found xD Anyway, we just have to see if this idea catches on <.<

Ryu_Saiashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!