Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Exchange Software Development » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! »

A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War

Recruitment

a part of “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”, a fictional universe by XxEvil1xX.

The Artomidian National Govt. is fighting a losing war against the more advanced Stratian Republic in a brutal battle for survival. Desperate, the ANG introduces anew prototype aerial armor that soon changes the face of war and blurs the fabric of reality

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.N.G.E.L. The Eniknight War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Recruitment

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:20 pm

The two of you that I have actively involved in this Roleplay are absolutely awesome, however at the same time it is still just two of you. If you guys know anyone from previous RPs you have been in, then please by all means pull them into this one. The more people we have in ANGEL will mean the story will progress at a much faster rate. Not only that but so will your experience points as we will then have more frequent dice battles that will greatly improve the stats of your character.
I know we are all kind of itching to getting our eniknights and exoarmors, and the more people we get in here is gonna speed that up for us.
I've tried to do my part by going into chats and forums posting ads for the RP. If you guys can do that also here and there, that would be awesome.
This is the forum advertisement I made just yesterday, feel free to post this around and let people know what you all think of A.N.G.E.L. so far.
All you're help is greatly appreciated, and remember this is just as much of your RP as it is mine :)
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-eniknight-war-t69180.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Recruitment

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Is there anything for this RP I should do or should stop doing to get more recruits?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: [OOC] Recruitment

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Sorry to use you as an example bud, but giving Dante's unexpected leave, there is a clear indication we need more roleplayers. The roleplay will continue but this dice battle wasnt expected to be this long. After this dice battle I may suspend future dice battles for a while until we get more players.
Bottom line though, we are in need of more roleplayers for ANGEL. If you can recruit people over to ANGEL, I will be more confident that the story will significantly imrpove and your guys fun factor will sky rocket.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Re: Recruitment

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:30 pm

So I been trying to get the word out about ANGEL by being interviewed for an online magazine geared specifically towards online RP. So hopefully this will get our name out there so we can get a few more active recruits.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Sounds like a plan. You should also probably message all the players we currently have and ask them to please post, since otherwise, we're stuck.

Tsukiakari
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:29 am

Done, also I have created an AOL account and have been going into the customized rooms found in Arts and Entertainment, where the first ANGEL RP started. If you all are wanting you can follow me on there sometime, my screen name is ANGELrecruiting. (I have a feeling I may be able to get more recruits there then on yahoo)

Just now learning AOL is free to use now

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tman1Q on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Is this rp still active at all?

Tman1Q
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:53 am

Indeed, I believe it is, as our good GM Evil1 (Much unlike his name sake) always seems to be searching for new recruits. I imagine he'll be happy to talk characters and such with you once he spots your question.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:05 pm

The dude keeps this one alive, I swear.
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Why yes it is Mr. Tman1Q. Very much alive and well. Would you care to join us?

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tman1Q on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Yes I would. I'm very interested in the concept of the story and I didn't know whether or not the rp was active or if I could hop in when the rp is already in full speed.

Tman1Q
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:56 pm

Whoop! New peoples!

JokerofSpades
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:25 pm

So as we have noticed real world issues have played a bit of a role in slowing down the productivity in this roleplay; acceptable and cant really be prevented. This being said I am going to be the stubborn mule and refuse for whatever hiccups we have make this roleplay go the wayside of many other roleplays out there.
I think our flexibility and patience with one another has played a serious role in keeping this roleplay strong and making us one of the longest running roleplays on the site.
I have no doubt that when life allows, Us old birds of the story will become more proactive, with out a shadow of the doubt. What we do need however is new blood to continue to pour into the roleplay. So I want to hear from you guys on your take on this, how can we kickstart our roleplay to being the well oiled engine it was this time last year?

I personally was thinking of returning to Tanman's idea that he proposed upon joining our little family, which was to create a new roleplay site all together for ANGEL. Perhaps since chapter 3 of the story is nearing its end. A new ANGEL site may be built at the start of Chapter 4.
- I have noticed two cons about a long running site:
1) It doesn't really get the advertising it deserves as RPG tends to really only favor new sites or ones that already have a large number of members in it; and 2) recruits are hesitant to join because they are either thinking a long standing roleplay is exclusionary or entering right in the middle of a story will leave them overwhelmed.

So perhaps by creating a new site and transferring our characters and picking up in Chapter 4 on a new site, we might have more eager recruits looking to join who will feel they are entering into a fresh story and with welcomed arms.

What's your guys take? Yay? nay? other ideas?

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Well, I was actually planning on posting today, as I've finally been able to get my act together, straighten out my love life, work life and school life into a predictable life.

However, I'm indifferent to the idea of making an entire website, as regardless I will still be here. I find it a little more of a hassle, since it isn't right here with the rest of my roleplays, but then again I'm still wanting to continue.

JokerofSpades
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Oh rest assure Joker we're not going to end the roleplay any time soon. And if its an unpopular idea for the roleplay to be revamped on a newer page thats all fine. Gracious for that imput. I did noticed my recruiting personally got you and Tanman into the roleplay and you guys are the lifeblood of the roleplay so perhaps we just need to role up our sleeves and do that again. You guys know of any good potentials in other roleplays you would like to see on here?

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:19 pm

oh just to make sure everyone is tracking on what I was saying. When I say create a new site I meant one that still remains here on roleplaygateway, not something entirely separate.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:38 am

It's been a long while, but my opinion remains the same as when I was first making my way to join this roleplay. The op is a little cluttered, as is the characters tab and OOC has alot of different topics and sections that seem irrelevant these days. I do recall I was quite confused when I first joined working out what I needed to read and what was so far passed that I could ignore it. Since it'd just be on this site, I think a new start for the new chapter would be a great way to break a few of the walls that are probably stopping new people from joining, along with making a big tidy of the whole thing. Two birds, one stone, all that jazz. I mean, I know it's not really THAT important, but none of my characters are viewable in that tab, and it's a little annoying to have to peruse my own profile to find them rather than just going to that tab.

As an aside, I still have NO idea how/why you specifically contacted me to join this - But either way, you made a good pick as far as a dedicated roleplayer goes. I'm actually not participating in any other roleplays on this site at the moment, mainly due to others losing interest and the roleplay folding, so I'm afraid I don't know anyone else who'd be interested in this sort of thng. I'd recruit peeps, but honestly, they're unreliable for this kind of thing. I imagine that I'm odd in that I haven't dropped out of anything thus far.

Tanman
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:04 am

I will be happy to tell you how I found you Tanman. Maybe something we could all start doing here soon
The trick is Demographic.
A.N.G.E.L. is a bit of a unique bird since its an original RP however not too unique since there are other mecha genre RPs out there. So rather than going to the chatroom and trying to pull random roleplayers who are too afraid to break away from the medieval, pokemon, dragonball, yada-yada molds I combed through the roleplays similar to ANGEL such as (Gundam, Macross, and other similar originals ).
Once I located a roleplay that matched I glanced it over and looked for the most passionate members in it. Basically like a scout looking for players on a sports team I tried to target the best posters, the ones with the most passion, and whose submissions really made the roleplay they were in. I also looked to see who made the most interesting characters as well.
After I found the promising roleplayers I decided to message them personally (since it may have been a bit rude to go on some other persons OOC and try to advertise my roleplay.) I would then tell that person what I thought of their work on their roleplay, explain a little bit about our own roleplay, then ask if it is something they think they would enjoy. Promising them a laid back, long running, and captivating story for them to immerse themselves in.

So there you go, once time allows I am going to try this again during the holiday season, and if any of you can manage to do the same, maybe we can see the next chapter boom with new faces.

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:19 am

Haha, I'm a pretty lazy sod when it comes to that sort of thing, but that IS a clever way to pull in fresh blood. More likely for success at least, especially since it's alot more personal to talk to them like that. Heck, the way you phrased that I feel a little flattered just thinking on it, though that does make me curious as to what Joker's RP was like, as I adored Crimson Metal and the time I put into it, and even just talking about it made me go and re-read some of my posts and renewed my vigour a whole bunch. Some of my better work I must say, though I was alot more free during those days.

Anywho though, I'll compromise though and do 'some' legwork. Assign me an RP after you do your search for similar topics, and I'll peruse through and see if I can't make some recommendations.

Tanman
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!