Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Red Apotheosis

Red Apotheosis

a part of “Red Apotheosis”, a fictional universe by Gestalt.

In a reality where magic-users are treated as second-class citizens, a radical group of mages seeks to take their rightful place in the world by force. Will you oppose them for the sake of humanity, or join them to further the cause of mages?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Red Apotheosis”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Red Apotheosis

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gestalt on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:59 pm

The roleplay will begin on Saturday, August 23 after I make the first post.

CURRENT NUMBER OF EACH LEVEL AND SCHOOL OF MAGIC BY CHARACTERS ACCEPTED
Levels:
Two- 5
Three- 6
Four- 2
Five- 1

Schools of Magic:
Bolting- 1
Telepathy- 2
Conjuring- 1

Hemomancy- 1
Morphology- 3
Tempering- 3

Summoning- 3
Auramancy- 2
Possession- 1

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the roleplay! I'll have my own characters up sometime within the next 24 hours.
Last edited by Gestalt on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gestalt
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Red Apotheosis

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:05 pm

The RP looks wonderful! I am definitely going to submit an application.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Yo, I have a couple of questions -

1. Are there ground mechs of any kind? Nothing overtly advanced huge, just basic bipedal machines.

2. Do you mind if I add a group thing? It's more or less a military organization that's a part of my character's back story and they focus on fighting mages.

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:26 pm

You know, as soon as I saw this roleplay it brought to mind an idea I had for a character I used for a similar premise. It's a military/government official kinda similar to what Atlas is suggesting.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gestalt on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:39 pm

AH! PEOPLE! HELLO!

@Silver: Please do, I can't wait!

@Atlus: 1) The current technological level is around tank-sized mechs, basic hover technology, etc.. The thing is though, the current iteration of mechs are still less cost-effective than, say, a ground unit of five soldiers. So mechs are more of a trophy item for wealthy private buyers to toy around with than actual combat units.

2) As mentioned many global laws have been enacted to ensure the equality of mages in common society. "Mage-Hunter" organizations and their like were abolished decades ago. You can make one, but it would be 100% illegal and have to be mercenary in nature.

@Wake: If my response to Atlus didn't answer your question, then lemme know. In any case, anyone with a strong anti-mage sentiment would have to be pretty high up the food chain in the government to be allowed to carry on in such a manner. The days when people can form military brigades to hunt down "rogue" mages are over. Feel free to make a government official of some kind, though! A mage official that wants tighter restrictions on magic would be interesting.

Gestalt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Oh, this looks awesome.

I'll be submitting an application, too. I think I will probably go with Hemomancer, though I worry that it might be a common selection, so if anyone else here is planning on it, maybe let me know so I can swap to Auramancer or Telepath or something instead? I'd hate to be redundant. :/
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."

-Lloyd Alexander

Ion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:45 pm

I submitted a character who uses Tempering earlier today. I designed him to be more like a light hearted, universe correct runner.
"There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign." Sovereign, Mass Effect

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gestalt on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:46 pm

OH MAN YES MAKE A HEMOMANCER!

I was expecting one right off the bat, and here you are! Don't worry about redundancy, play what you want! Hemomancers (and Telepaths) have the heaviest restrictions on the use of their magic due to...you know. The whole having to "rip the life blood from a living body" part of their magic.

I can't wait to see how the hemomancers turn out! Have they been raised only manipulating water? Do they long for the days when they could walk around with bubbles of blood floating about their person? Who knows!

Gestalt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:50 pm

I was rocking forth between possession, auramancy, telepathy, and tempering, but i finally settled on the last one, but i did it a bit differently since my character is actually a sniper instead of a close range fighter.

When is a Write going to be up by the way?
Last edited by AtlasAtrium on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:51 pm

I should clarify then that the character I'm talking about was more military police. The guy in question, back in the other roleplay, was head of something similar to anti-riot division of the police force whose job was to capture and detail criminals with psychic powers. Actually killing 'unique' is usually frowned upon in this organization except in certain circumstances due to some natures of the law (in that roleplay, it was because they had to hand said detainees over to the local religious group that held sway in the government.)

I'll leave a copy of what I had written for that group in the old Rp so that you can get an idea of what the original idea I had was. If you're okay with the idea at all I'll modify it a bit to fit this one.

Wake wrote:HEA Unit (Hazardous Entities Apprehension)

A specialized unit, known as the Hazardous Entities Apprehension unit, was created during the power riots that nearly brought the city to total anarchy. This unit, in the aftermath of the chaos, quickly rose to prominence in the city's security force, and became an elite branch of Portum Animas's military.

The HEA unit is built up of several squads, with squad size numbering from four (at minimum) to eight (maximum). Each squad member is out fitted and trained to fill a specific roll in their squad, and trained to work in a fluid synchrony together. Members of the unit are put through rigorous drills and training, instructed and tested to deal with advisories capable with performing inhuman feats and abilities. Unit members are constantly tested to deal with scenario and situations where they would be put at a severe disadvantage, and even expected to survive in inhospitable environments.

Because of the sheer amount of extreme physical and mental demands members of this unit are asked of, only the very best of the Portum Animas security force make it into the unit. Those that pass the cut and become a part of the unit are the ultimate tactical force on Manus Luna. Cold, calculating, efficient, fearless, tireless, and above all lethal in their ability, with a nearly flawless track record, be they common criminal or renegade gifted on the run, the number of individuals that manage to escape the unit are in a very low percentage. If the unit is after you, it's usually only a matter of time before you're either in custody, or in a body bag.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby γƒœγ‚―γ‚»γƒ«γ‘γ‚ƒγ‚“ on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:04 pm

I'm also interested in joining. I'll most likely make a Temperist.

γƒœγ‚―γ‚»γƒ«γ‘γ‚ƒγ‚“
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gestalt on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:09 pm

@Unseen: Yoooo, I love Kev! Little running tech-geek! I also love his occupation story! The delivery tubes in New Cairo aren't as spectacular as a speeding Temperist, especially when they get jammed. ACCEPTED!

@Atlas: I love what you did with her Tempering! Just remember that mercenaries have even less acceptance in New Cairo than they do in the present day. Most countries will refuse admittance to contract soldiers, and others will arrest them upon realizing what they are. New Cairo is one of these types of places, so it'd be in Val's best interest to keep that cannon of hers hidden! ACCEPTED!

@Wake: Seems interesting. New Cairo is renown for an abnormally high population of mages, so even a police force with their background would not be well received. There are enough politicians with anti-mage sentiments that you could probably get a bit in the city. How's about this: New Cairo has allowed a single squad admittance to the city for a test trial, a probationary period if you will. If all goes well, the city elects will consider instituting an entire branch of the reformed HEA. Until then, your squad is holed up in a dingy old precinct with minimal resources flown in each month. Sound good?

@γƒœγ‚―γ‚»γƒ«γ‘γ‚ƒγ‚“: JUST A NOTE! Your character will be the third Temperist. I don't have any problem with that, but I don't know if you do, so just a heads up!

Gestalt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:14 pm

A new challenger approaches! Tally tallies forth!

Which my odd way of displaying interest. For a character, I was thinking an individual who started out as part of the Red Traid, but after some morally challenging scenario decides that, nah, it wasn't for them. Which would leave them to begin the RP neutral. Cue the tug of war between returning to the Triads or fighting against them instead of having no part of it like they initially wanted.

I understand that this type of character would probably give way to an angsty "leave me the hell alone while I linger in these shadows" character, but that type of character is not what I do. He or she would probably be cheerful type, despite his or her past. Or something. I haven't even got a magic type or even gender set down yet, so character arcs are kinda... Forward thinking.

I like to run before I can crawl. But I'm thinking on Conjuring, Morphology, or Auramancy.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:21 pm

btw, what is your opinion on having multiple characters?

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gestalt on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:26 pm

@Talisman: OMGGGG go for it! A good portion of the Level 3 and up mages in the Western Hemisphere have been contacted by the Red Triad at some point! The thing is, these same prerequisites for recruitment make for strong individuals, mages that are hard to snuff out should the want to leave. So it's a totally doable character concept!

@Atlas: Do it big, lil homie.

Gestalt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:37 pm

@gestalt Sounds good. I'll try to have things up and running soon. I'll probably have a few questions about armaments later (have an idea for shock darts in mind along with other evil toys >:D)

[edit] Also it's funny that you mention Hemomancy, because I had another character from that same rp I was talking about that ran hod wild with the concept.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby γƒœγ‚―γ‚»γƒ«γ‘γ‚ƒγ‚“ on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:52 pm

By non-realistic character images you mean pictures that aren't of humans basically? So it would be perfectly fine if I were to use one from an anime or something of the sort?

γƒœγ‚―γ‚»γƒ«γ‘γ‚ƒγ‚“
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gestalt on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:11 pm

@Wake: Yessss, yessss, ask me things. Absorb knowledge and gain power, my child. Weapons-wise, they have not evolved too much beyond current day, but there have been a lot of streamline quality of life improvements on modern designs. Most firearms have auto-safeties to prevent accidental discharges out of combat, jamming is rarely a problem with newer models, backfiring is unheard of, and laser-based sights have been improved upon immensely.

@γƒœγ‚―γ‚»γƒ«γ‘γ‚ƒγ‚“: Yes! Any sort of pic except real live human beings! Kind of rubs me the wrong way using likenesses as characters, you know? Also, do try to credit the artist if possible!

Gestalt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby γƒœγ‚―γ‚»γƒ«γ‘γ‚ƒγ‚“ on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:21 pm

I read over the types of magic again, I think Auramancy would fit better for the character I'm going for, also given it fits this character I'm using quite well. Thanks for the info by the way!

γƒœγ‚―γ‚»γƒ«γ‘γ‚ƒγ‚“
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gestalt on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:30 pm

Yesssss, Auramancy is beast, you should totally make an Aurmancer!

And Marcus has been APPROVED. He's a cute lil' manipulative baby and I love him.

Gestalt
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!