Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Redefine Omnipotence

Redefine Omnipotence

a part of “Redefine Omnipotence”, a fictional universe by JGamer502.

When the Gods died, they hid the most worthy of the Dead to rise up, in a chance to recreate the World.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Redefine Omnipotence”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Redefine Omnipotence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:06 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Redefine Omnipotence"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
What's a mob to a king?
What's a king to a god?
What's a god to a nonbeliever?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JGamer502
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: Redefine Omnipotence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VeritasProcella on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:20 pm

I'm thinling about joining. This sounds really cool.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VeritasProcella
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WholesomeBURN on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:36 pm

Yeah, this looks like it could be fun! So, we are rping as gods right? So does that mean we can create a race to worship us as well? Also, what kind of world is this, a classical DnD world with elves, orcs, dragons, magic, the whole nine-yards? Or is this more of a "we find a random animal out in the woods and make something off of that" sort of deal? Also, we are gods, does that mean we will also be rping the actions of our followers? I don't mean deeply into detail, but more like: "I appear before my prophet, Xil'gal, and deliver him an order, tell my followers to build a monolith to reach the sky and mark it with my holy sigil!" Lastly, how much power do we have as gods? Can we directly intervene in the world, do we need use a avatar of sorts, can we only interact through our followers, or can we only speak and motivate our followers to do something and hope they play along?
All you need to do is get with your group of friends, relax, lean back in your chair, bring a juice box up to your lips, and say "So, how about them mudkips?"

WholesomeBURN
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MyLilith on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:34 pm

Wholesomeburn has a good point. I definably want to join at some point. I rather see how you post first before I try to make a character. Having unlimited power (or close to something like this) leaves me hesitant to what I truly want my character to become. It does say some gods have more power than others, would it be alright if I made my goddess one of those "third wheel" kind of gal? She isn't very noticed by most but her part makes a big difference.

I was thinking about making her the goddess of the future or goddess of life. While her powers are minuscule. (being able to see a glimpse of the future, see and interpret auras, unable to feel inflicted pain, basically a harmless seer that believes in mercy and protecting/creating life. Also, forgiveness is a big thing. She will always forgive.) If this is unacceptable, I will not complain but take suggestions on what I should do instead.

I'm so excited!

Lilith

Edit: Also, may I use a "real person" face for my goddess? I would prefer it over drawings.

MyLilith
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MyLilith on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:26 am

May my profile be wrong or right, I've posted it without all the knowledge I would have liked. I hope it fits with your plot and if not, please let me know what I need to fix.

Thank you,
Lilith

MyLilith
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:27 am

Glad you are all excited!

@WholesomeBURN: The world is, at first. A post-apocalyptic world. The ruins left behind at the moment can give you a hint to what happened to the mortals. My first post will explain more of this, and also give an example of what your intro-post should be. But, you are a god. If you want orcs and elves and all that hoodoo casarol, go for it! And about the interactions of your followers, yes you may control them. Either with the power of your character or RPwise. And for your last question, at the moment we can intervene directly, but this may change in future "Eras." The current Era is "Genesis," in which the gods create everything directly and freely. But depending on what we create for the future Eras, this may change slightly. Such as some god creating a rule to only use Avatars of sorts, or to only communicate with your followers. But I prefer them directly intervening, makes it less complicated. But I'm not stopping you from doing using Avatars or Followers though. :)

@MyLilith: Yes, some gods are more powerful then others. I even plan for one god to eventually declare himself the leader, after Genesis of course. Possibly. Your character seems fine, possibly our Prophet? And real life pictures are absolutely fine. I mean I didn't use one because humans scare me...

And more info on Eras will be in a topic I will write, possibly tommorow.

JGamer502
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:32 am

OK, I have approved everybody, but Wholesome. I will accept yours when he is finished, since he is [WIP] at the moment.

JGamer502
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MyLilith on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:43 am

JGamer502 wrote:OK, I have approved everybody, but Wholesome. I will accept yours when he is finished, since he is [WIP] at the moment.

Awesome, and by the way, I've added a feature to her appearance section after you accepted my profile. Basically, I added encrusted stars up her arms and legs. That's about it.

MyLilith
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:49 am

Veritas, some parts were in your posts that I did not understand. Celtice was never on this world before and never created anything before. But he asks where HIS creations are.

JGamer502
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VeritasProcella on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Sorry I wrote that post between bottle feeding and trying to sleep.I was trying to explain in the post a bit about Celtice but it didn't really transfer well from my mind. Celtice is kind of like a child in a way that he wants to dominate this new world and thus doesn't understand why there is a world that is not inhabited by his creations, sort of like a jelousy thing, and he doesnt know why there is such a world he has not touched. When he makes his first creation he uses a relic from the old world (the one we just crash landed on)- and that relic was not one of his creations (since he is new to the world.) but could be turned into one by himself. Does that clear anything up or should I rewrite some things?

VeritasProcella
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:38 pm

This cleared up some things, but I prefer you make it a bit more clear in your post. But I understand, somewhat, now.

JGamer502
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VeritasProcella on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Alright anything particular I need to change? I'm totally okay with doing so. Ill look it over and make some edits to clear some stuff up. Didnt mean for there to be any confusion. :)

VeritasProcella
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HallowedGround on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:22 pm

UMM..hello there I'm new...Uh, I made and submitted a character. I've been working on her for a bit. If there's anything wrong please tell me. I've made sure she isn't breaking the RPG rules. Shes a goddess of sexual desire but more so in the aspect of producing offspring from couplings. She isn't a Goddess of Sex (that's a different ballpark.)

HallowedGround
Member for 10 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MyLilith on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:58 pm

HallowedGround wrote:UMM..hello there I'm new...Uh, I made and submitted a character. I've been working on her for a bit. If there's anything wrong please tell me. I've made sure she isn't breaking the RPG rules. Shes a goddess of sexual desire but more so in the aspect of producing offspring from couplings. She isn't a Goddess of Sex (that's a different ballpark.)

Glad to meet another new role-player, I'm just like you. Can't wait to meet your character, sounds interesting! :)

MyLilith
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:01 pm

@Veritas: What I want more cleared up in the post is the reason why he talks about his creations not being here, fore he did not exist before "here."

@Hallowed: Welcome to the RP! Your character seems good enough, but this might bump with a [WIP] character of another user. But ya know what they say, first come first serve.

JGamer502
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:04 pm

One more thing: Lilith, I prefer you do not have the big name tag of Lilith in every post, I just saw that as an intro thing really. Thank you. It just takes unnecesary space, just the OCD talking and all. Nothing personal.

JGamer502
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WholesomeBURN on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Ok, I have finished Zeroc! I look forward to rping with you all.

WholesomeBURN
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:25 pm

Wholesome, your character is good but the only problems are his domains. He may only govern up to three, and our newest member kind of already got Family.

JGamer502
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WholesomeBURN on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:13 pm

FIXED IT!

WholesomeBURN
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VeritasProcella on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:21 am

My computer has recently been overrun by a pretty powerful Trojan so sorry for not posting yet. Ill work on one today while I'm in school.

VeritasProcella
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!