Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Redesigning Hyrule (HELP WANTED)

a topic in People and Places, a part of the RPG forum.

Character biographies, journals, connections, and other reference guides for any in character information necessary for your players!

Redesigning Hyrule (HELP WANTED)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anno Domini on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:06 am

I'm reposting this from the Artwork forum for traffic purposes. (also, placing it in artwork was kind of flattering myself)

Hey guys. I've been stuck on a Legend of Zelda kick, and I've wanted to do a group-driven roleplay set in the Zelda Universe here for a while. Alas, I'm pretty busy right now and those usually don't tend to work out. Shame. Either way, I figured it would help to burn off some creative calories and get me off of my Zelda kick by designing an original map of Hyrule. Every game redesigns the overworld and adds in plenty of different landmarks and locations. Some have different species or sizes altogether, but I'd like to create one just perfect for a roleplay while still capturing the spirit of the games. For this I want some some help.

I want to know what people like most in the games' maps. What are peoples' favorite landmarks, areas, layouts, etc. from the games? I have a few questions.

1. What are your favorite locations? Where are they placed? (use cardinal directions)

2. Who are your favorite inhabitants of Hyrule? Should I consider including Wind Waker races like the Rito?

3. Where should temples/dungeons be placed?

4. What's the most boring part of a map? What can be omitted?

5. Should I incorporate the other worlds of Zelda, like Termina or Twilight? I plan to create a Dark World version of the map.

6. What's a totally new idea that should be included?

Any feedback is appreciated. If I don't get any responses then I'll probably go ahead and post a draft of my own in a week or so, but I'd really like some ideas. Thanks guys.

-Anno
Anagnorisis for Antagonists!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anno Domini
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!