Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Redwall: The Season of the Horde

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Redwall: The Season of the Horde

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:18 pm

I had a great response for a Redwall RP and I was told to bring it here, so here it is and now we are ready to begin. First I want to layout the basic plan for the RP. The world is going to be from the book, Mossflower, Salamandastron, all those places. Your animal can be from another place, just as long as they come to the Mossflower area we don't want to seperate stories going on in two different worlds. The weapons will be anything from the book there will be no magic besides illusions or visions and such. There will be no blackpowder weapons. There will be no godmodding (you can add your own enemies into the story however to fight), please keep cussing mild Exp: Dang, Damn, Hellsgates, stuff like that), and only mild romance, violence I don't really care what you do, finally no character is invincible everyone can die. Alright thats about it, everyone needs to post their character bio's in the thread created for that in the Discussion & Info section. One last thing in the book the language is wonderfully colorful, the hares, the moles, and many other beasts have their own dialect and slang and such. It would be awesome if everyone can try and make their character colorful and fun and if it is called for give them an accent!

Dyrin stood watching the approaching shore from the bow of his tribes longship, the sea was rough this morning causing the air to be thick with salt and spray from the sea. He braced himself as for the hundreth time that day a wave came over the side crashing into him and the rowers. Reaching up he adjusted his helm slightly, to wipe the water from his rust colored brow, the helm was crafted to look like the head of a sea serpent its mouth agape ready to bite, the fins of serpant curved around to his cheeks providing protection for his face, and the fangs of the serpant grew down to just above his eyes protecting his brow. On his abdomen was a light, yet strong suit of steel chainmail, and on his belt he wore a set of twin fighting hatchets with special extended handles inlaid with gold scrawling given to him by his father. Finally the ship approached the shore and the rowers with a last giant heave drove the ellegant crafts bow, crested by the head of the same serpant as Dyrin's helmet, into the wet sand.
Dyrin jumped off the ship his stocky yet agile body landing on the wet sand, the sea water swirling around his feet erasing his footprints instantly. Shading his eyes he looked up at a cliff face off to the right, noticing a few gulls there watching the ship with hunger driven interest. Off to the right he noticed a break in the continuous cliff face. A small river opened up to the ocean from inland made a perfect path for he and his men to go farther into the new land to search for a home stead as was there mission form the chief, Dyrin's father. "Row her back out boys! We're going up that river!" Dyrin yelled back to his men who had just started to unload the ship. Looking up they scowled and grumbled, but obeyed and began packing everything back up and preparing to sail again. Dryin looked once again to the river, a mile or so down the river he was the beginnings of a lush forest, bushes full of berries, mushrooms, nuts, and fruit. All the essential things needed to survive. Dyrin turned back to the ship tearing his gaze away from the beautiful land, this was going to be a good home he thought as the ship shoved off and headed up the river.
Last edited by Drako11 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drako11
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Redwall: The Season of the Horde

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:11 pm

Giff looked out over the river he lived in. It was quiet. It would be a normal day, he thought to himself. No signs of anything out of the ordinary. Pretty soon all the dibbuns would come out and play in the shallows while the older otters would go swim in the deep catching fish for the big dinner that was going to take place that evening in honor of the sipper's birthday. All in all a fairly normal day.

Like clockwork the dibbuns ran out of the den whooping and calling names. As the other grown otters ran out chaseing the dibbuns scolding and giving warnings. Soon after the grown hunter otters came out yawning and complaining then diveing in the water to do some laps to wake up. Gliff slid into the water himself to go help catch fish for the feast. He swam around dartingback and fourth until finally he spoted one. It was a large fat trout that wouldn't be able to get away fast enough to avoid capture. Gliff darted for it. They raced,the trout trying to get away, but gliff hot on his tail. Finally the hard work payed off as Gliff chased it right up on to the shore. He picked it up and carried it to the other otters that were cleaning the fish. He set the fish down in the to be cleaned basket and went to talk to his friend that had just called him over. "Wats yur problem ye big hunk of land lubber?" Gliff joked as he approached his friend. Blen the otter he approached replied," Me and some of the other otters are going to get some fresh shrimp from the ocean for some fresh 'ot root soup. Wanna come?" "Would i ever!" Gliff replied happily. The two ottes then slipped into the water along with several others and started down stream.
Please Go Here and Register So i Can Get A FREE IPOD TOUCH!!
http://www.YouriPodTouch4free.com/index.php?ref=4974629

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bane1150
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:47 pm

OOC: Must i ask to be accepted, or may i make my first character post? My bio is on the other thread you added...

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 pm

((JOIN RIGHT IN!))

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:37 pm

OOC: My char is at the shrimp pools where your characters are headed.

IE:

Dark slipped silently and smoothly through the water, propelled by only a few carefree flicks of her sturdy rudder. It was in the silent embrace of the ocean that she found peace, it was in the rolling caressing arms of the sea that soothed her and made the demons in her head stay silent...

She broke the surface without a ripple, and breathed deeply, her dark blue eyes darting around this way and that as she scoped the shoreline. Nothing as of yet. There were enough shrimp in this water to feed an entire otterclan. Dark was no fool, she had seen the tracks--she was on someone elses turf. Her plan was to eat her fill and them move on. The noble beasts needn't know they had filled her stomach...

Dark drifted back below the surface again and let her body float, suspended. It wasn't drowning she feared, the breathing was taking all of the work. She knifed forwards again, this time heading east along the shore. She had eaten and she had swam, there was nothing else for her here. But where else was she going to go?

Bobbing once more to the surface, Dark checked to make sure the coast was clear before hauling herself out of the water. Her black pelt shimmered and dripped water and she gave herself a vigorous shake. No doubt she cut a comical figure, stealthily emerging from the depths of the sea...and then shaking hard like a dog.

She chewed on her whiskers musingly, and then ran her claws through the fur between her ears. It had been a few good days, she had lost her pursuers she was sure of it. or at lest shaken them off. She had slipped into the waters and swam this far to try and get them off of her scent...but they were trained well and had the wrath of the rest of the clan on their heads if she was not brought back.

Dark gave a soft growl, and crouched down on the rock that she had pulled herself out on. There was no one around, and if anything came to annoy her it would be no matter to slip into the river...

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:34 pm

Gliff bobbed up for air. About that same time Blen did as well. "Allmost there he announced." "Good its almost lunch time and im starved!" Bane exclamed. A short while later they arrived at the shrimp pool. The otters shot arround in a feeding frenzy gobbling up shrimp with out even stopping to swallow. The frenzy continued while no otter was aware of the surrounging area. Finally a short click was sent through the water and all heads bobbed to the top." Spred the nets!"one of the grown otters yelled. All heads bobbed back down. The nets where then spred out to catch any shrimp that tried to swim by. Another click was sent and all the otters swam foreward. The nets filled fast as every shrimp in the path was captured. Finally the nets where full, tied shut, and chucked on land. "It's your turn to tie the haul lines Gliff! We'll be over on the other bank in the shade!" the otters yelled as they swam off in the other direction tward the shade. Gliff grumbled to himself as he used his powerful tail to propel himself out of the water. He then started weaving long ropes into the netting to haul with.

Bane1150
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Dark watched all of this commotion. She had settled comfortably back a ways in the bramble, her pitch black pelt keeping her hidden in the shadows of the foliage. The smell of shrimp was in the air, and the otters would not notice her. Even if they did she could melt into the falling afternoon faster than what they would follow...but the thought of a fresh steaming bowl of that delictable fare made her whiskers twitch and her mind stay sharper than what it had been in months. She had been starved of company, starved of food for so long that she sat there and let the voices rage at her...she would not move until they had left or she was spotted.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:59 pm

Dyrin raised his hand to his now bare brow, shading his eyes from the never relenting sun. Up ahaed he noticed a band of what appeared to be otters, fishing with giant net's for some sort of sea creature. Eventually all the otters left for the shade of a nearby tree leaving one otter alone on the shore. Dyrin cupped his paws to his mouth nd called out. "Ahoy the camp! Would ye have a we bit of room for a few 'ungry and weary travelers?" he called out in a smooth voice tinged with a scottish brogue. Soon the elegant longship pulled along side the band of otters, all oars were raised, and the shields taken off the starboard side of the ship to provide better view of the land. Dyrin placed his helmet back on and walked to the fore of the ship, waiting for a reply before giving the order to put ashore.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:11 am

Gliff was startled by the voice that called out at him and his crew. "ummm, errrr shure i think.... lets say you carry our shrimps up stream and we'll give ye good shelter and vittles!" He yelled out. Gliff climbed up on top of the big net full of shrimp to get a better view of the long ships. Suddenly he slipped and landed upside down on the ground. Then he noticed. There was a figure that appeared to be an otter hideing in the shadows."Hello...who are you?"Gliff said as he flopped over and hoisted himself up.

Bane1150
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:42 am

Dyrin leaped off the boat one of his axes drawnm he to had seen the figure andh ad drawn his weapon in anticipation of a foe, it never paid to be over freindly. Walking slightly in front of the otter who had fallen form the net, he placed himself between the unkown figure nad the otter, the otter being unarmed. "Show yourself be ye friend er foe?" he called out.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:52 am

Dark rose smoothly to her paws, her piercing blue eyes narrowed. One look at this creatures, and she knew that she was in no danger. They were merely being cautious, not hostile. Realizing this fact, she did not find it necessary to wield her blades, although she kept the hilts close to paw in case the situation got out of hand.

A wind fell from the sky and gamboled around the shoreline, stirring her pitch black fur as she gave everybeast present a calculating stare. She chewed on her whiskers again in a musing fashion, taking her time before answering.

"I am Dark." She said in a low voice, speaking softly. She spoke deliberately, thinking about every word before she let it slip past her lips, "I mean no harm...i have come a long way in a short amount of time, and i have not eaten for a day or so." She cast a keen gaze to the shrimpers, "I will confess i ate my fill before you arrived, my friend. If this vexes you i can find some way of repaying you before moving on..."

OOC: Dark will move on unless you find someway to keep her with the rest of the otterclan. :P

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:37 am

OOC: This is quite a piece aways...

IE:

"Mossflower..." Sister Tadithar spat, her icy green eyes narrowed in intense dislike, "Of alla the places our Darkling could have fled to..."

The fox stood leaning on her scythe spear, a wicked instrument of death with curved blades on either end. She imagined that this pose made her look very dashing, what with the sudden wind blowing her cloak around her slender frame. How could any in their clan find that black soot stain pretty? The young attractive vixen glared around at her compatriots, who were in similar disgruntled moods.

Brother Kanysin was seated not far from his sister, his paws splayed out and his rudder twitching as he glared off to sea. There were a million thoughts chasing each other around behind his eyes, how they had all gotten there, what it had taken them to get this far, who and what they were chasing...Kanysin vowed that when the time came he would be the one to slip his blades in the Darkling's ribs...although she was a fellow otter, she had the coveted black pelt, and had thusly shunned him to the bottom of the cults pecking order..

"This part of the country is so pretty..." Brother Mesalin said. He was also staring out to see, but his eye was that of a former corsair and it held a gleam of affection for the waters, more so than his companions, "Aye, 'tis a bit to close to the woodlanders but i do love to be near the sea...i'm right glad our Darklings gone run off to--"

"You do not know of what you speak..." The voice was icy and commanding, and it instantly made the ferret corsair shut up. The other two whipped around and saw their undisputed leader, the wildcat Brother Scethirin strolling into the clearing, "The fact that the Darkling has run from us is nothing worth rejoicing...when we have killed her, then there will be feasting and glad hards..."

The wildcat stalked into the clearing, and glared around at Tadithar, Kanysin, and Mesalin, "Come on....her scent is getting cold. No doubt she slipped into the ocean and will be long gone by the marrow...she can only go east, east along the river and deep into Mossflower."

"Who will give her refuge?" Kanysin scorned, but he obediantly got to his paws.

"Redwall...." A manic glint crept into the wildcats eyes, "The Abbey of Redwall is the only place that would take a mistake like her..."

OOC: Normally i would expound more (I am a prolific writer) but due to the fact that there are other folks on here....I'm keeping things short and to the point.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:38 am

Gliff addopted a leader role in the situation. "Well then.. well have to see what the skipper has to say about a shrimp thief." Gliff said,"Come with us then. Ye'll eighther come on your own free will, or well have to tie you up! Watil it be? The rest of ye load up yon longships with the shrimps."

Bane1150
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:42 am

"Hold steady, my friend, we need to learn her intentions before we go full heartedly hauling her into your home." Dyrin lowered his weapon slightly, but did not put it away. Dark looked friendly enough, and he was sure she would cause no harm, but there was something in the way she fondled the handles of her daggers, a sinister look deep in her eyes that told him to be cautious. Walking forward he offered his unused paw, "I am Dyrin Syche of the Sychen viking tribe, from the Far North. Like, I you seem as if ye be a we bit out of place here, do you live here?" Dyrin asked paw still out stretched waiting for a shake.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:13 am

"Fine fine.. but..shes an otter, and us otterfolk are goodbeasts. Unless shes a stoat dressed up like an otter...or or even a ferret..or one of those magical foxes." Gliff started to let his hand hover close to his short sword.

Bane1150
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:19 am

Dark had been trained to read connotative meanings of words and phrases rather than dennotative...thusly she saw past the thick brogue of this beast and into the heart of his intentions. He was a warrior bred and born, he was not so quick to take her pretty pelt and let it be. She stared at his outstreched paw and looked at him with her strange blue eyes, knowing what she had to say.

"I apologize, friend. I am not allowed to touch the paws of strangebeasts, it is against my custom." She tried to arrange her features into something other than tired, polite indifference but the effort failed miserably, "No, i am not from here...i am from a land far to the west, beyond the setting sun. I cannot disclose more, but i would gladly take the offer of a hot meal. It has been many a fortnight since i last communed with beasts of my own kind."

Her pursuers were no doubt days behind...and it had indeed been a long time since she had sat and talked with kinda, friendly faces. her whiskers twitched again, and she tried once more to make herself look less fierce...but after her upbringing it was a challenge...

She stared at the beasts paw, and wished dearly that she could shake it enthusistically ,but she knew that if she broke the law, the rule, the word of the cult that she would be punished even if it was by her own paw...

"She can't blend in and she knows it." Kanysin grunted as the four trudged off again in the wood, "Black pelted little soot stain...do you really think she's heading for the Abbey?"

"Where else will she go?" Scethirin lead the way, a growl in the back of his throat as he stalked through the undergrowth, "You said it yourself, she is black pelted--rare indeed. Those sandstone Abbey walls are the only thing she will go to, there the woodland fools will shelter her without asking questions..."

Tadithar listened to this talk with her nose wrinkled in disgust. How often had she longed just to cut Dark out of her skin, to take that perfect, midnight pelt and just set it alite...the vixen was so into her graphic vision that she nearly tripped.

"Steady, Sister." Mesalin chuckled. he was no doubt the most easy going out of the bunch, "Say, Brother Scethirin, what is the plan when we reach the Abbey?"

"Obviously Brother Kanysin is the only one they will let into the place." The wildcat tapped his chin with a dangerous looking claw, his keen eyes darting back and forth, "Our kind is not welcome here, the vermin. He is an otter and they will let him in despite our holy robes."

"I like this plan..." Kanysin growled, "So i get to kill her?"

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:30 am

Dyrin squinted at Dark trying to read her, find out what it was that made her like this, find out why hse could not shake his offered paw. Shaking his head he lowered his hand and belted his axe. "Very well, if ye da not mind good otter, what did ya say yer name was?" Dyrin said turning to the river otter, "Me and my laddies would like ta come and eat some of that stew as well. We can all go in the longship if ye want we were takin her thata way anyways."

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:32 am

"I am Dark." The black pelted otter scratched the back of her neck awkwardly. They all stared at her, she was a fellow otterbeast, but she looked so different from them with their earthy, normal tones...she with her midnight shade. She looked around them and stated the painfully obvious, "Named for the fur..."

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:47 am

((I really meant Gliff, but whatever :) We'll go with it, I will just pretend as if ye both replied!))

"Alright then Gliff, get ye mates aboard and we'll set sail! Hoy laddies! Hoist this net inta the boat, and no dilly dallying!!" Turning to dark he motioned her to follow him as he walked towards the elegant viking vessel. "I cen sense something in ya Dark, your fur, your eyes, your personality, your past, I cen sense your different not jest 'cause your fur is black. Something dark and evil is in ya past, I am not asking you ta tell me unless you wish ta, but if you are running from something I want you ta know me and my men will defend you if ye wish it. Ya cen ride up in the fore if ye want I will make sure no one messes with ye if ya like." when he finished speaking he patted Dark on the back then hopped aboard the longship to oversee the departure of the vessel. Soon all the shrimp was loaded and all the otters in place save Gliff and dark. Dyrin now shirtless and helmetless due to the heat turned to them waving. "You two comin or not!" he shouted mockingly.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bane1150 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:48 am

"Right then! its settled. We all head up stream, in the longboats." Gliff stated sarcasticly. By that time the other otters had long finnished packing up the ships."well errrrr..... Lets go before the feast is over!"

Bane1150
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!