Reiokami and Hobo PRP

a topic in Private Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

For all non-public roleplay, regardless of genre. Your roleplay belongs here if you do not have public signups.

Reiokami and Hobo PRP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Radioactive-Hobo on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:30 pm

A curl of smoke rose from Sasha’s lips. It was a bad habit he’d picked up his freshman year and he’d never been able to quite shake it. At his side, Richard, his close friend, was lighting up his own cigarette. St. Alban’s may have been a Catholic school, but in reality they were just as bad as any public school as far as this sort of thing went -- no matter what the fancy brochures liked to say.

School had just let out an hour or so ago and the pair of them were standing out back of a squat little brick building; a spot they often frequented. They had been talking and generally goofing off for awhile, but now they stood in silence as they smoked.

Sasha wasn’t really a bad kid; he just hated the constraints put on him and occasionally broke the rules. He wore his hair longer than his parents or teachers approved of and it often looked rather scruffy. At the moment, his uniform jacket was stuffed unceremoniously in his back pack and his tie was hanging loosely around the collar of his white button up shirt.

Sasha dropped his cigarette to the pavement and ground it under his foot. “I should probably get going,” he said with a heavy sigh. Now that his nic-fit was under control it was time to head home. His teachers had shown no mercy today and as a result his pack was weighed down with text books. There were two essays and a research report due tomorrow, the latter of which he’d been putting off for about a week. Sasha was a terrible procrastinator, but somehow managed to keep his grades in excellent shape. It wouldn’t reflect well on his parents if his grades were to drop and they’d be furious with him.

“See ya tomorrow then,” Richard replied with a frown. He was used to Sasha running off like this, but he still didn’t like it. Homework had never been one of his top priorities and he often rolled his eyes at how seriously his friend took it. “Are you still up for Saturday?” he asked, his frown turning into a conspiratorial grin.

Saturday night there was going to be a big party. Rich had been looking forward to it all week and consequently, wouldn’t shut up about it. Going to an all boy’s school made Richard crazy. He was a transfer from public and had never quite gotten used to the uniforms and strict rules – and especially the lack of the females. Parties gave him a good opportunity to meet girls and Sasha usually got abandoned before the night was over.

The dark haired boy nodded to his friend with a forced smile. “I’ll be there,” he promised as he left, waving to his friend.

xxx

When Sasha arrived home he reeked of smoke, but his dad seemed to overlook it. Out of sight, out of mind he would always say; as long as Sasha didn’t do that sort of thing in front of family friends or at school, it was no skin off his nose. The dark haired boy pulled his tie off and tossed it aside, wondering for a moment if his brother had made it home yet.

His father looked up from his paper briefly to greet his son. “How was school, Sasha?” he asked, trying to sound interested.

“I can’t complain,” he said shortly before retreating to his room. He didn’t particularly feel like forcing conversation this evening.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Radioactive-Hobo
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Reiokami and Hobo PRP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reiokami on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Steven was just arriving at the bookstore when Tany opened the door. She was the envy of all the her classmates with her looks and intelligence, but she was always with her nose in a book of one sort or another. She smiled at him as they greeted each other.

"I thought you weren't showing up today?" she asked motioning to the bench outside the bookstore were they often sat and talked.
"Well, things change," he chuckled as he took a seat and began opening his backpack.
She smiled and shook her head, "you finished them already?"
He took out a couple books that were covered in paper sleeves and set them on the bench next to him. "What can I say," he replied taking the first one off the top of the stack and thumbing over it one last time as drawings of men kissing and holding hands flew past on the pages, "I guess yaoi's my one true vice."
She smiled and began putting the books back in her own backpack. "Have you ever considered that you might be gay?"
He blushed, shaking his head. "Now what would make you ask such a question..." he mused knowing that she was getting at.
+++++++++++++++++++

Steven arrived home in time for dinner. He greeted his father before going up stairs to change. He knocked on his brother's door after changing into an average t-shirt and slacks.

"Hey, Sasha," he called through the door, "I hear there's a party on Saturday... Are you going?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

reiokami
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Radioactive-Hobo on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Sasha had been bent over his keyboard since he got home. He hadn't even bothered to change out of his school clothes, though his now wrinkled jacket was now hanging in his closet. Open text books and papers were scattered haphazardly across the table. Sasha may not have been the most organized person in the world, but he got his work done.

The door to his bedroom creaked open and he heard Steven's voice.

"Hey, Sasha. I hear there's a party on Saturday... Are you going?"

The dark haired boy looked up from a pile of papers on his lap and turned to speak to his brother. ‘I’m afraid so," he sighed. To be honest he really wasn't looking forward to it. Not with Rich drooling over girls all night and inevitably abandoning him. "How about you?”

Radioactive-Hobo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reiokami on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:53 am

Steven pushed the door open to look at his brother, the look on his face was conflicted. His mushroom-cut black hair was getting longer than usual and falling into his pale green eyes as he glanced around his brother's room taking note of the papers scattered every where.

"Well... Um... Tany asked me to accompany her," he admitted with a sigh. The thing was that last time they gone to a party together, he had lost track of her while he was getting them drinks and found her making out with some girl... "But I told her I'd have to check with my parents before I can go...."
Much as Sasha knew Rich was going to leave him, Steven knew that Tany was homosexual and used him to cock-block any guys who tried to pick her up. He didn't mind playig big brother for her, but he didn't want to end up alone like he had that last time. At least if his brother was there, the two of them couldhang out after their respective friends hand ditched them.

reiokami
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Radioactive-Hobo on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:03 pm

"I haven't asked them yet, have you?" Sasha smiled a little. He was sure his father would say yes, but his mother was another story. "We'll ask together," he decided. After all, two head were better than one. The dark haired boy stood up, inadvertently sending a pile of papers to the floor, and walked over to his brother.

"How bout we stick together at the party? No doubt that Rich will have his eye on some poor girl within the first few minutes." Sometimes he was a little disgusted by his friend. Richard seemed to go through chicks faster than anyone he had ever known. Sasha, on the other hand, had never had a girlfriend. To be honest, he’d never even liked a girl enough to even consider dating them.

Radioactive-Hobo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reiokami on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Steven nodded, "Sounds like a plan. Hey, is this the first party we've gone to together? I can't remember the last time something like this happened and we were both inerested..."

They began walking down stairs together. The scent of dinner, steak and potatoes, filled the room as they entered the dining room. They usually didn't eat dinner together, but they had been informed the night before that they were going to have company tonight and that they were expected to eat at the table.

"Oh, boys," their mother said trying to appear civil in front of their dinner guest, "Have you met Mr McCants from my office?"
Steven nodded a greeting, but his mother scowled at him. "Fine," he whispered before extending his hand to the guest, "Mr McCants, it's a pleasure... I'm Steven."

reiokami
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Radioactive-Hobo on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Sasha wasn't a big fan of family dinners, especially when it involved outsiders. It was bad enough forcing conversation with his parents alone, guests just made things more complicated. His mother frowned at his appearance. Sasha looked somewhat disheveled; his shirt wasn't buttoned properly and it was unforgivably wrinkled. His scruffy hair earned him a glare as well.

After Steven had gone through all the formalities of hand shaking and small talk, Sasha greeted the man as well. "Good evening, Mr. McCants. I'm Sasha." He shook the man's hand firmly and forced a smile.

"Ah! It’s nice to meet you two. Such well mannered boys, Caroline."

Sasha knew that before the dinner was over this man would manage to mix their names up at least once. Something he was quite used too. Most of his parent's friends didn't bother with him and his brother. They were just there for show anyway.

"Now that we're all acquainted, why don't we sit down and say grace?" his father said, speaking for the first time since Sasha and Steven had entered the dining room.

Radioactive-Hobo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reiokami on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Steven took a seat near the middle of the table, the heads were always reserved for his mother and other more 'important' people. The guest sat next to him and his mother, leaving Sasha and their father to take the two remaining seats.

They all joined hands and most bowed their heads as their mother mumbled something about being greatful for the food and company. It was so fake of them to go through these motions when there were guests over, but other than not really being able to talk openly, Steven didn't mind them as much as he could have.

"So, Mother," said Steven seeing the perfect opertunity to exploit his mother being on her best behavior, "There's a get together Saturday that Sasha and I would like to attend. May we go?"

reiokami
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Radioactive-Hobo on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:05 pm

((I live. Feeling very nice at the moment... nice to get back to this rp))

Sasha looked to his mother expectantly. Surely she’d want to seem caring, yet flexible; the sort of new age parent that people liked to be these days. His mother looked thoughtful for a moment, a little frown playing on her perfectly made-up lips. Sasha didn’t miss the little glance she made at her work friend. “Well, your grades have been excellent…” She trailed off for a moment, as if she was still weighing things out mentally.

“It’s nothing big. Just a few friends,” he chimed in, not showing in the least what a horrific lie it was. Chances were that everyone and their brother would be there. He just needed to make it sound nice. His mother didn’t really care; she just wanted to make a nice impression on their guest.

“I suppose. Just as long as you’re back by your curfew.” She said finally. “I know you two will be on your best behavior. What do you think, honey?” Caroline turned her gaze to her spouse.

“I don’t see why not. It’ll be good for them to get out a bit.” He replied with a big, exaggerated smile.

“Thank you, Mother…” Sasha cringed at how much they sounded like a television family. His mother needed everything to seem perfect, even if it was only superficial. Their guest didn’t seem to catch on and simply smiled and complimented on what a nice family they were.

Radioactive-Hobo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reiokami on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:18 pm

Dinner continued slowly without the boys saying much and most of the conversation centering on the adults and their issues at work. Once the meal was over, the two boys excused themselves while their father made coffee for their guests. Steven knew that in an hour or so they would be called back for cake of some sort before being sent to bed in a very steriotypical way. The only good thing that would have come from his mother's friend being over was her complacentness that he had already exploited.

On his way up stairs, Steven smiled to his brother. "Nice work backing me up there," he commented, "At least, now I won't have to lie about where I'm heading off to Saturday... Uh... Thanks, Sasha." There was a look on his face that was hard to describe because of the mix of emotions it convayed. He seemed like he wanted to say more, but there wasn't really any more he could say.

reiokami
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Radioactive-Hobo on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:32 pm

"No problem." Sasha smiled warmly at his brother, thoroughly happy to finally be out of the dining room and away from his mother's hawk-like eyes; He hated having to put on a show for guests. "Just a little white lie, no big deal."

The dark haired boy stopped at the threshold of his room. He felt a little hesitant about returning to his studies. "Wanna enjoy some quality brother bonding time before we get called back by the beast?" It wouldn't hurt to shirk off for a bit. Sasha would be up all night anyway. He always managed to get off track, especially on nights when he'd allowed his work to pile up like this. "It’s been awhile since we've goofed off together..."

Sasha missed sharing a room with Steven. When they were younger, things just fell into place so easily. There was something pure about his childhood. Somehow it hadn't been tainted by the pretentious life his parents lead. Back then, all he had needed was his twin. They used to spend all their time together.

Radioactive-Hobo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reiokami on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:45 pm

"What about your homwork?" asked Steven peeking into his brother's room which had a large pile of papers from ealier, "Looks like you've got alot to do tonight... I mean... Can I help you with any of it?" Steven was never very articulate, but his brother always seemed to understand him regardless of the emotions and things that got in the way of his words flowing smoothly. He hoped that his brother would see through what he was saying and take it as "I'd love to, but I don't want to get in the way of your work..."

The pair had alot of the same classes, but Steven was the type to work on his homework while in class so as not to have much when he got home. Usually, only on days where his teachers did lecturesdid he ever have more than half an assignment left to do at home. As a result, he was almost always able to turn in assignments early and he never let stuff pile up like Sasha.

reiokami
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Radioactive-Hobo on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:24 pm

"Don't worry about it," he replied with a shrug. "I'll get it done later. I always do." Sasha hoped it would sooth his brother's worries a little. He wanted to let him know that he wouldn't be in the way. He leaned against the doorway, still smiling. "Besides, I need some time to relax. That farce of a dinner has got me on pins and needles." Sasha made sure to say the last bit quietly. His voice was almost at a whisper. His mother would strangle him if Mr. McCants heard him talking like that.

Sasha motioned his hand toward the inside of his messy room. "How bout it?"

Radioactive-Hobo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reiokami on Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:26 pm

"Alright," chuckled Steven as he walked in and moved a pile of books off one of the chairs across from the bed. "At least one good thing came of this dinner, I got mom to let us go to the party without asking a million questions... I'm glad we will be able to go together..."

reiokami
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Radioactive-Hobo on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:36 pm

(Sorry I'm a bit out of practice ^_^; And I'm glad you came back!)

The door closed lightly behind him. He didn’t want the sounds and smells coming from the dining room to invade his little sanctuary. “Yeah,” he said, smiling warmly at his brother as he took a seat across from him on the edge of the bed. “I might actually have fun for once. I’ve never really thought that much of parties, you know.”

Going out with friends had always just been another item on his list of things to do. Sasha had to keep a good social standing at St. Albans as much as he had to keep up his grades so parties had just became another chore.

“Drunken people and bad music have never really appealed to me,” he added, his tone a bit sour. “If things get boring we’ll just ditch. Rich and Tany probably won’t even notice.”

Radioactive-Hobo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reiokami on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:55 am

Steven nodded, "Yea I know what you mean...." He had always felt that Sasha head fit into this lifestyle better than he did, he was so quiet and antisocial compared to his mother. Sasha had at least made the effort to go to parties on a regular basis rather than staying home, locked in his room.

Steven spent most of his time at home reading manga or watching anime. He loved the artistry of Japan and the stories they told. The social contrains of the country reminded him of his family and in alot of the things he watched, characters rebeled from those ideals and he pictured himself in those roles. Also, there were alot of gay love stories out there and unlike America, very few were filled with disapproval and predudice...

"Speaking of Tany," he said sheepishly as his face grew a little red, "She lent me some more of those books I always read. There's one that I think you might like..."

reiokami
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Radioactive-Hobo on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:22 pm

"More manga?" Sasha asked. "What kind?"

Steven had always been into that sort of thing. So was Sasha -- just to a lesser extent. Steven had actually been the one who introduced him to it. He wasn't completely familiar with all the categories it was broken down into, but he at least knew what "shounen" and "shoujo" were. He'd also always been drawn in by the art style, though it really varied from artist to artist. Sasha had a habit of only reading or watching things that he liked the style off, no matter how good the story might be, if the art didn't catch his eye he quickly lost all interest.

"I'll give it a go if you want. I haven't had a chance to read anything really good for awhile. It'll be great to have a new comic to read."

((Hope this is alright! My brain is totally fried! XD))

Radioactive-Hobo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reiokami on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:02 pm

"It's a shounen ai," Steven admitted a bit sheepishly, "about a pair of star-crossed lovers... Fighting the odds to be together. The story isn't bad, but I think you'll like it because it's by your favorate illistrator. It's Yuu Shigi's newest work, fresh out of Japan for your reading enjoyment. One moment, I'll get it for you."

Steven hopped up and exited the room quickly, but quietly. He returned a moment later holding a book with the faces of two handsome men facing away from each other on the cover. Steven was a little embarrassed giving this one to his brother, since despite it's beautiful drawings it was a bit of a taboo subject. Not only was the story a gay romance, it was about cousins who had fallen in love with each other.

reiokami
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!