Lacrimosa Dies Illa

Relations

a part of “Lacrimosa Dies Illa”, a fictional universe by Ξ•pΞΉmetheus.

Music can only be transcendent when it is a product of the heart. What if that heart were artificially manufactured? A group of young prodigies seek meaning.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Lacrimosa Dies Illa”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Relations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Γ‰tude No. 3

We shall wear out our souls in subtle schemes
And we shall demolish many an armature
Before contemplating the glorious Creature
For whom a tormenting desire makes our hearts grieve!

THE DEATH OF ARTISTS

❦

- -

-

-

-

Hello and welcome to Lacrimosa's relationship thread! There are a few things I would first like to say and that is this sheet was created solely for this RP alone, and if I see it distributed anywhere else without my permission I'll be very disappointed. With that said however I'm excited to see the #lit relations everyone will come up with. I have a few instructions below to help you fill it out.

I. replace all instances with the hex #000000 with your own character color
      II. use the exact dimensions of the picture 650 x 200
      III. add more relation spaces as you need
      IV. do not add color to anything that hasn't already been colored.
      V. use the color of the relationship symbol when using it
      VI. make sure you copy the link of your post right after you publish it. (not while it's 'uploading' but when is well and
      VI.truly published and automatically directs you to it). you will need it for your CS

Code: Select all
[right][color=transparent][size=300]-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-[/size] [/color][/right]
[center][img]http://placehold.it/650x200[/img]
[size=170][color=#000000]╔════════════════════════════════════════╗[/color][/size]

[font=times][size=200][b]First Last[/b][/size]
[size=80][i]small quote or writing or whatever you feel is cool / lit[/i][/size]
[size=90][color=#000000]//////////////////////////////////////////////[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=170][color=#000000]β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•[/color]
[color=white]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/color][/size][/center]
[center][font=times][size=90][color=lightcoral][ β™₯ ][/color] ; romantic [color=transparent]xxxxx[/color] [color=Sandybrown][ ☺ ][/color] ; friends [color=transparent]xxxxx[/color] [color=SlateGray][ ☠ ][/color] ; enemies [color=transparent]xxxxx[/color] [ ☯ ] ; neutral[/size][/font][/center]

[font=times][list]

[size=130] [color=#131313][i][b]First Last[/b][/color][/size]  [/i]  | symbol
[size=90][color=#333333][i]"Long or short quote in character about the person."[/i][/color][/size]

[justify][size=90]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla commodo neque ut molestie consectetur. Donec non semper elit. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Aenean maximus, nulla efficitur imperdiet gravida, ex sem lacinia turpis, quis maximus lacus sapien quis lorem. Quisque convallis felis eu tincidunt tincidunt. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Suspendisse sed elit vitae ligula venenatis iaculis eget a lectus. Duis nec ullamcorper nisi, eu malesuada sem. Suspendisse quis orci vel quam pulvinar vehicula eget eget orci. Quisque convallis felis eu tincidunt tincidunt.[/size][/justify]

[size=130] [color=#131313][i][b]First Last[/b][/color][/size]  [/i]  |  symbol
[size=90][color=#333333][i]"Long or short quote in character about the person."[/i][/color][/size]

[justify][size=90]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla commodo neque ut molestie consectetur. Donec non semper elit. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Aenean maximus, nulla efficitur imperdiet gravida, ex sem lacinia turpis, quis maximus lacus sapien quis lorem. Quisque convallis felis eu tincidunt tincidunt. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Suspendisse sed elit vitae ligula venenatis iaculis eget a lectus. Duis nec ullamcorper nisi, eu malesuada sem. Suspendisse quis orci vel quam pulvinar vehicula eget eget orci. Quisque convallis felis eu tincidunt tincidunt.[/size][/justify]

[/list][/font]
Perhaps

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Verix
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Youra Tchai

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:40 pm

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

╔════════════════════════════════════════╗

Youra Tchai
I'll dedicate my days and 14 of my nights, would you ever come alive?
//////////////////////////////////////////////

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ β™₯ ] ; romantic xxxxx [ ☺ ] ; friends xxxxx [ ☠ ] ; enemies xxxxx [ ☯ ] ; neutral

Arden Schrâder | ☺ ☯
    "I much prefer the man over the music."

Chai respects Arden for the person he is, rather than the things he creates. For more than his actual compositions, she holds him in high regard for his work ethic and his sense of duty to his profession. Aside from that however, she thinks of him to be pleasant enough company, and as such has found herself forming a peculiar friendship with the man. She finds herself admiring his talent to paint more often than not, and sometimes she’ll silently slide her hand sanitizer toward him. They both know it's not meant to be an act of malice, but rather it’s because she too fears being sick.

Claudia Areya | ☺ ☯
    "Lovely like a cloud."

There is something about Claudia that draws Chai in, not because of her music (God no) but because of who she is as a person. The light that surrounds her is light and warm and the anthesis of what she herself stands for, but perhaps that’s why she’s fond of the girl. Their friendship isn’t profound, or something Chai wants to become overly attached to, but it’s amicable enough that they can both share their likes and revel in a shared interest.

Joan Bell | ☠
    "She's winning by one point I believe . . . that'll be fixed tomorrow."

Chai enjoys bantering with Joan almost as much as she hates the other’s compositions. It’s not because she enjoys verbally attacking the other, but rather it’s due to the fact that everything could be resolved if Joan simply didn’t want her coffee. Chai mentally keeps a track of who won each day, and often their arguing gets so off topic that a third party has to stop them. It’s only then that they both join forces to lash out at whoever dared to disrupt them. Sure, Chai hates public speaking, but in the middle of a fight it’s hard to forget her own qualms.

Jonathan Baliester Last | ☺
    "You're music is shit, but so is mine so let's go throw our papers into the fire."

More than anything Chai finds his honesty to be a breath of fresh air; and coupled with the fact that he seems to genuinely mean no harm it’s hard not to like the guy. While they both think each other’s music to be horrible, they have a deep founded respect for each other that prevents possible animosity. It’s for this reason that Chai often asks Jonathan for his opinion on her work, and vice versa, so when they both decide their work is too horrible they enact the ancient art of burning it in a fire.

Silvia Carriera | ☺ ☺
    "A partner in crime."

Chai considers Silvia to be one of her closest friends. Although they’re both known around campus for being the founders of the anti-felix club, their friendship did not start with that mutual connection. It did however, strengthen it. Chai goes to Silvia first whenever she has a problem with another person, and it’s over coffee and snarky remarks that Chai leaves feeling better than before.

Felix Ljung | ☠
    "Why are you the way you are?"

Although they rarely ever meet, and it’s not an accident, Chai dislikes Felix immensely. She can’t deny his talent at the piano, but that’s where all admiration for him ends. She’s heard a lot about him around campus, and would prefer if they never spoke again. And after she became friends with Silvia that gave her even more of a reason not to like him. Chai finds him to be insincere with his words, and arrogant beyond belief.

Sven Ozois | ☯
    "Your usual order?"

Sven, of all the composers, Chai enjoys the most. It’s not because of his personality, but rather it’s his music that she’s found a great a appreciation for. He comes in every morning for his coffee, casual conversation filling the silence, and when his order is up they both go their separate ways. She doesn’t have much of an opinion on his personality, for he's cordial enough, but he reminds her too much of a mystery that quite frankly she doesn’t have the time to solve.

Gavriila Holguin | ☠ ☯
    "There's something unsettling about her . . ."

It’s not that she dislikes Gavriila, but there is something quite off-putting about the woman that makes Chai wary. It’s an unfounded reaction, as there is no evidence to convict her of being unkind, but it’s one Chai has nonetheless. As well, she’s not a huge fan of Gavriila’s music as a whole, only finding a handful of pieces to her liking.

Graham Gao | ☠ ☠
    "Nothing I say can describe the atrocity that is Graham Gao."

The dislike Chai has for Graham can rival her contempt for Felix. If it were only bad music that he composed then perhaps her antipathy toward him would be lessened, but he doesn’t stop there. No, she abhors him for his arrogance and hypocrisy toward criticism, so ready to play the music but never face it.

Cyril Sevérin | ☠ ☠
    "C'est la vie."

Chai adores Cyril like a little brother. Perhaps she would spend more time with him if he stopped hanging out with Felix, Graham, and Joan, but she has to remind herself that it’s his life not hers. It is curious though how someone so quiet would become friends with such loud people.

Jo Kim | ☺ ☯
    "I wonder . . ."

Although Jo’s music may be eclectic, something which Chai abhors, the girl herself is far more tolerable. Chai can’t quite define her opinion on Jo, but finds her friendly enough as to not hate her. There are only a handful of nice people she can truly say have no underlying motives, and Chai isn’t sure yet if she can write Jo into that category yet.

Frank Hayes | ☯ ☠
    "I don't understand."

Chai doesn’t hate Frank as much as she distrusts him. He seems too complaisant, too perfect, and too pleasant for someone like Chai to truly connect with. surely, even Jonathan shows a viciousness in regards to Felix (or hell, even his own critiques), but with Frank there’s something off balance. It unnerves her. Regardless of that though she finds his music to be a bit boring, but harmless nonetheless. Nothing to write home about.

Last edited by Verix on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Verix
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Cyril SevΓ©rin

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:42 pm

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Cyril SevΓ©rin
Ne rΓ©veillez pas le chat qui dort.

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ β™₯ ] ; romantic xxxxx [ ☺ ] ; friends xxxxx [ ☠ ] ; enemies xxxxx [ ☯ ] ; neutral

Arden Schrâder | ☯ ☠
    "It's fine."

Cyril has no real opinion on the man other than he simply does not care what Arden has to say. That’s a lie, and he knows it, but deludes himself anyway for the sake of keeping up appearances. Arden encompasses a lot of the same elements that Cyril doesn’t particularly like, and as such has found a mild dislike for the man that’s purely aesthetic.

Claudia Areya | ☺
    "She likes my drawings."

If there was ever a person Cyril was grateful for it would be Claudia, simply by virtue of never mentioning music when she’s around him. He isn’t sure how transparent he is, but the fact that she picked up on his disdain has him forever indebted to her. To show his appreciation he often draws β€œscientific" pictures of birds and plants and gives them to her as a gift. Admittedly he’s not very good at it, but it’s the thought that counts.

Joan Bell | ☺
    "I'm trying."

It’s not a secret that Cyril doesn’t enjoy music, but it is rare to have someone talk to him about it and for him to actually listen. Cyril greatly admires Joan as a person and a composer, but above all else he appreciates that she wants him to pursue what he enjoys. He knows that it’s impossible for him to do so, untrue, but regardless of that he values what she has to say.

Jonathan Baliester Last | ☺ ☺
    "I would like lilies at my funeral."

Cyril adores Jonathan, albeit on the down low. With him there is no music to be talked about, no anger to be seen, only fauna that Cyril tries to draw (horribly). All gifts received from Jonathan is repaid in kind either with car washes or miscellaneous tasks to help around his apartment. It’s not that Cyril can’t take a gift, he simply would feel too bad about doing so.

Silvia Carriera | ☯
    "In passing."

Although Cyril frequently has the chance to talk to Silvia, through the club or by Chai, he usually keeps his distance when around her. He admires her intelligence, and her tenacity to compose, but he would rather watch her from the sideline than be an active participant in her life.

Felix Ljung | ☺ ☺
    "Can you come pick up your dogs?"

Felix, to Cyril, is irreplaceable. Unlike Joan who wishes Cyril would pursue his true ambition, it’s Felix who gives him cause to continue with music. Cyril admires him greatly for all that he’s done to help support him, but at the same time he cannot help but be envious at the Felix’s greatness. At times, he feels more like a shadow than a friend, and it’s then that an intrusive kind of anger festers within himself. It usually fades with time, but it’s a heartache he can never be rid of.

Sven Ozois | ☯
    "Hello. . ."

There isn’t much to say about Cyril’s relationship with Sven, for it simply does not exist. They see each other around campus, they don’t greet each other like old friends, they’re simply two planets orbiting the same star.

Gavriila Holguin | ☺ ☯
    "Similar but not the same."

Cyril see’s a bit of himself within Gavriila, desperate for attention and not getting the recognition he deserves. He values her passion for the work she’s doing, but cannot relate to the intensity that she manifests. Cyril wouldn’t call them the best of fiends, but friendly enough that should she ever have the need to hear a ghost story he could supply her with only the best.

Graham Gao | ☺ ☯
    "Nothing I say can describe the atrocity that is Graham Gao."

Cyril has no strong feelings toward Graham as a person, but it should be said that he does enjoy his music. The passing remarks he directs toward Cyril are taken solemnly, ears half listening. It’s not that he doesn't appreciate the criticism, he’s simply too tired to try or care.

Youra Tchai | ☺
    "I wish I didn't have two left feet."

Cyril remembers fondly the time she tried to teach him ballet. It ended in physical misery of course, but the memory remains. Perhaps Chai is not his best friend but she is someone he’s quite fond of. He wishes though that she would stop ghosting on him.

Jo Kim | ☺
    "You know how to do origami?"

Cyril enjoys Jo company although they don’t interact as often as he would like. Her outlook on life is in complete contrast to his, where she is idealist he remains a pessimist, and so often finds her naivety to be a bit off-putting. Perhaps he could learn something from her, but it would be a long ways away for he seems to be set in his philosophy.

Frank Hayes | ☺ ☯
    "Dogs really are cute, huh?"

Cyril can thank his job as a dog walker for his friendship with Frank. Who knew the man was easily distracted by cute dogs? Despite that initial connection though, they had later found out easy conversation fell between them. Cyril enjoys Felix’s company though as the easygoing demeanor he possesses is a nice contrast to the intensity of his other friends.

Verix
Member for 6 years

Re: Relations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belshazzar on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:25 am

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Arden SchrΓΆder
very soon he will vanish completely in the wings of his own wordless stanza

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Claudia Areya | ☠ ☯
    "Idealistic girl..."

In his eyes, she does almost everything wrong. Her lack of knowledge on composition and theory aggravates him, as does her way of composing, which relies on "feeling" rather than knowledge. Her overwhelming optimism clashes with his view of the world. He views her as an incompetent, unworldly, and underwhelming figure in the world of music that will amount to nothing.

Jonathan Baliester | ☯
    "We share some similarities, but I will not chase after him."

Arden understands the struggle of living with a lower class family, but that is the extent of his relation. He remembers listening to Brahms as a child, and becoming bored with the composer in his later years. He feels the same way about Jonathan. Bored, mostly. Maybe he has some interesting ideas from how much he reads, but Arden does not chase after people, and so will not speak to him unless spoken to (which does not happen often).

Joan Bell | ☠ ☯
    "She knows everything so well, and yet she tries nothing new. Weichei. "

The woman of God is an amusing sight to him. He finds her absolution to religion almost comical, and is just waiting for something to happen to her that will seize her belief in God. Though he recognizes that she is extremely knowledgeable of theory, he is disappointed that she chooses to just follow them all instead of forging a new path. He sees it as a waste of her talent. She is a coward.

Leon Beyer | ☯
    "The man knows himself."

Arden is relieved to see someone that finally has some confidence in what they are doing. He is sure that Leon is capable of some pretty amazing things, but of course his inherent dislike for anything even relatively normal still pushes him away from Leon. His opinion on the man remains relatively neutral.

Silvia Carriera | ☺ ☯
    "Her German is not half bad. Her work is a different story."

He does not like her music, that is obvious. However, Arden has come to have quite a few conversations with her through his desire to speak German once again. He tries not to criticize her too much, but has often gotten into a few debates with her regarding theory and their methods of composing. It is slightly more friendly than other relationships he has, and so he sees her with a bit more fondness than many others in his life.

Cerise Fontaine | ☯
    "Too sensitive. But I understand some parts."

Arden knows what it is like to be afraid of the world. So afraid of things that may happen that you are sure they will happen. His may be with numbers and omens, hers for performance, but he still understands what it is like. Sometimes he can hear it in her music. Sometimes he can hear it in his own music. The woman seems to avoid him, and so he only does the same to her.

Graham Gao | ☯
    "I know so little."

Arden does not know how to feel about him. On one hand, the man is rather unique in his style, rejecting regular classical forms and going towards something new, being blunt with others, using his keen eye to point out mistakes. On the other hand he can't take criticism himself and doesn't seem entirely sure of what he wants. Arden has some sort of hunch that they might possibly get along, if they were to discuss more often, but he has yet to do so.

Frank Hayes | ☠
    "Does this man even make music?"

Frank is a laughing stock for Arden. What does the man do? Make music or take pictures of food? Does he even compose? Arden believes that Frank is an absolute failure in reaching any sort of level of musical talent. He thinks Frank is too focused on what other people are thinking, and that is only proven by his social media obsession. While Arden may ignore others who's music he does not care for, he has a very strong opinion on Frank and is not afraid to let him know.

Gavriila Holguin | ☯
    "Ah, the poor girl."

He has a mild concern for the fact that she seems to be trying to use her music for something that it should not be used for. At least, in his eyes. It is amusing that she attempts to help people through the selfish act that is composing and writing music. It differs greatly from his own, which is entirely self-serving, and never for another. He lacks respect for her cause. In fact, he almost pities her.

Jo Kim | ☺
    "Her music is nothing remarkable. Her ideas, however, are something else."

An odd statement for the man who appreciates the woman so much. She remains to be one of the few people he can speak to about philosophy, his fears, questions of the universe, anything he has his mind on. Arden was initially drawn to her after his failed relationship, but his self-destructive tendencies have put a little distance between the two. He enjoys her thoughts and ideas, even though he may not like how they turn out in her music.

Felix Ljung | ☠ ☯
    "His words win people over, not his music."

Arden will insist that Felix's success is due mostly to how he is with crowds, how well he can flirt with the audience and charm viewers. He does not hate the man, or even really dislike him all that much...Arden is actually slightly jealous at how at ease Felix seems to be around people, how easily he can wield his words. However, Felix's arrogance is something that Arden sneers at, even though he harbours the same trait sometimes.

Sven Ozols | ☯
    "Ist mir egal."

Arden can appreciate that Sven tries to tell a story with his music, something more unique than others, but he has little opinion on the man besides that.

Cyril Sevérin | ☯
    "What does he do?"

Arden treats Cyril with, mostly, disdain. He does not care about the man, his music, what he likes or dislikes, etc. Considering Cyril hates almost everything Arden stands for, he doubts he would ever be friends with the man. And so, Cyril is just face in the crowd.

Youra Tchai | ☺ ☯
    "I can show her my paintings."

Arden is enthused that Chai is appreciative of his impressionist art; she seems to be the only person that is. More than that, he appreciates many aspects of her: her punctuality, her harshness, and the fact that she can actually be around him without being an annoyance. Something about her strict nature and self-assurance (in some aspects, at least) comforts him.

When I was a child,
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look, but it was gone,
I cannot put my finger on it now,
The child is grown,
The dream is gone
I have become
comfortably numb.

Belshazzar
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!