Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Requiem for a Fallen

Requiem for a Fallen

a part of “Requiem for a Fallen”, a fictional universe by Igari.

Hell's gates have weakened, Spirits/Wraiths run amok, possessing humans and growing more powerful than before. Angels and Demons work to quell the situation, but there's more to it than meets the eye. There's a darker presence lurking behind the scenes...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Requiem for a Fallen”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Requiem for a Fallen

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Alrighty, so I chatted with Igari a bit earlier. And what I wanted to post up here for everyone and anyone who's interested in joining is a list of who we've got at the moment and what's left open that needs to be filled :) So! Here it is guys! Oh and by the way.... I totally love all of the characters coming in so far!!! This is going to be a lot of fun ;)

Exorcists:
Virie Raymbraint
Akira Hikaati
Thyme

Miesters:
-
-
-

Archangels:
Ryu D'tari
Reserved
-

Angels:
-Reserved
-
-

Archdemons:
Janus Abraxis
Lucian Faust
Reserved

Demons:
Xana Druj
Culsa Alastor
-

And that's it for what I have. If I missed any reservations (and that's 'Positive. I'm going to make a character' reservations) then please let me know either via PM or here in OOC :) Thanks guys!
Last edited by Siryn on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is Magic all around, you just have to look to see it...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Siryn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Child of the Winged on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Oh, Qaida, I have an Angel reserved as well. Didn't really state it, sorry!
I watch the Fates spin my existence, not with baited breath, but with a soft indifference, for I have lived a good life and I shan't regret anything. -Myself

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Child of the Winged
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Yay, Xana's been accepted! *twirls finger excitedly*

The more I think about it, though, the more I'm questioning how the whole hierarchy system with each of these factions. Would demons be forced to work directly underneath an archdemon who would give them orders, for example? Or would each character be allowed a certain amount of freedom to do what they wanted to do?

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Each character would be allowed a certain amount of freedom. Demons won't take orders from Archdemons, and same for the Angels/Archangels, Exorcists/Meisters (a little bit different in aspect because they'll be taking orders from both the Angels and the Demon's higher ups) but it also depends on the situation too. So for example if one of the upper Angels orders an Archangel to give an order to an Angel, then they would have to follow it. But for the most part, all characters will take orders only from the NPC characters that are on the top of the food chain :)

>.> God I hope that made sense... I'm really terrible at explaining things. I guess an easier way to put it is, the passing of Orders from the top downwards :) That's about it for that.

If anyone has any other questions please feel free to ask either Igari or I here on OOC or via PM. :D

Siryn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 pm

So NPC characters tell us what to do... That's good to know... But then, besides the number of powers they can control, what's the actual difference between Angel/Archangel, Demon/Archdemon, etc.? Or is it just a title and nothing more?

(Sorry, I'm just looking at things too in-depth for my own good--I do this sort of thing sometimes...)

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:29 am

No problem :) Aside from title, its basically how powerful they are, not just how many powers they control. For example, say an Angel can control two of their powers. An Archangel (for this purpose) controls two as well. The Angel's actual control over their power and how strong it is, is significantly different than an Archangels. The Archangel can outlast the Angel in a prolonged fight. And this goes for the Demon's/Archdemons as well. Also, as for control, the Archangel can manipulate their power much more effectively and easier than an Angel, they're adept as controlling how much energy (holy essence) they use when casting, thus they don't wear themselves out as fast as an Angel will.

Igari and I didn't really go into detail about this, but I'm pretty much basing it off of a 'Level' system. I hope that makes sense :) I'll be sending this to Igari too that we she knows all these details too :D If there are any changes/additions to it I'll be sure to let you know!

Siryn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArgoYamato on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 am

Hey guys! I sure hope you haven't forgot about me in the listing.

I'm working on an ArchDemon (Marethyu) as well as a Meister/Esquire (Balthazar)! All the general, basic info for Marethyu is done now--Iggy, could you accept Marethyu? Balthazar is still in the works, he'll be done very soon.

Thanks!
--
When you accept reality, you give into it, give in to the power of a system that you can deny--a mockery of all that has come together to bring you where you are today.
~~Argo Yamato

ArgoYamato
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:31 am

Mmhmm! I'll tell Qaida to update the list and accept... er... it... him... er... yeah... into the roleplay! //giggles Looking forward to seeing Balthazar, you are obligated to make him sexy because... actually, there is no obligation. The name is just a sexy one. So logically. You know. Just sayin'. Not that Qaida would go bat-shit happy insane over more hot guy characters. Just maybe~
I fell into that purgatory between waking and dreaming, the transient space existing between conscious and subconscious. It was beautiful... ephemeral. And I could not help but wish to stay forever.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Qaida wrote:No problem :) Aside from title, its basically how powerful they are, not just how many powers they control. For example, say an Angel can control two of their powers. An Archangel (for this purpose) controls two as well. The Angel's actual control over their power and how strong it is, is significantly different than an Archangels. The Archangel can outlast the Angel in a prolonged fight. And this goes for the Demon's/Archdemons as well. Also, as for control, the Archangel can manipulate their power much more effectively and easier than an Angel, they're adept as controlling how much energy (holy essence) they use when casting, thus they don't wear themselves out as fast as an Angel will.

Igari and I didn't really go into detail about this, but I'm pretty much basing it off of a 'Level' system. I hope that makes sense :) I'll be sending this to Igari too that we she knows all these details too :D If there are any changes/additions to it I'll be sure to let you know!

OK, that being said, how does one rise through the ranks of this hierarchy? Is it merit-based, age-based, power-based, etc? Or are certain angels naturally born with more power than others and are born into the rank of Archangel? What would a demon have to do to become an Archdemon, or is there no way for anyone to rise through the ranks?

(More questions, I'm sorry D: )

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Accepted your other character, Child~

Now for your questions, Icy. I'll be handling this round, mwahaha!

Think of it sort of like ascending tiers, if you must compare it to something. The best example I can give (one of which I love) is to compare it to an MMO. Most job classes begin at Tier I, however, upon gaining additional attributes, may very well soon evolve into Tier II, etc. etc. However, unlike an MMO, there is no such thing as "ascension of class" for the character. This only exists in abilities and only is applicable for classes that are above the base tier level.

For example, let's take an archdemon and a regular demon into account. Assuming both demons start with beginner stats in air manipulation. The lower-tier demon will only ever be able to master air to a certain degree, as in, their Tier I affiliation, whereas the archdemon can take that Tier I and transform it into a Tier II.

That being said, no one can ever rise through the ranks of the hierarchy. The station you are in is the station you will remain at--there are limits to everything. This is why statuses that are near God-Tier level are so rare and there are very few demons or angels that even have that association. I hope this answers your question :3

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:45 am

Hey so for those of use playing Exorcists. The following is the Exorcist symbol :) Hope you all like it!! :

Also, I'm going to work on some symbols for Heaven's Angels and Hell's Demons :D You don't have to incorporate those into your characters profile, but for the Exorcists, you'll want to (at least have the symbol somewhere on the characters clothing :) )

That's it for now!!!! I'll go back through tomorrow and do a character inventory/update to see where we're at. I'm hoping that we can get this started soon!

Siryn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:55 pm

So here's my updated list for right now. Again if I missed anyone (any reserves too) please let me know.

Exorcist:
Virie Raymbraint
Akira Hikaati
Thyme

Meister:
Balthazar
EDIT: Elegia Nightless

Archangel:
Ryu D'tari
Caelestis Evaldiel

Angel:
Volos Dusek

Archdemon:
Lucian Faust
Janus Abraxis
Marethyu

Demon:
Xana Druj
Culsa Alastor
Last edited by Siryn on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siryn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Oh! Just one thing, Argo is finishing up his angel character! So I really think we are totally all set to begin this thing once he finishes up, which should be tonight after I kinda get back to him on the character image thing.... //sweatdrops

But yeah! :3 We already have the first halfsies of our beginner post down Qaida, so! For the rest of you wonderful lot~ We will be starting more than likely tomorrow or Sunday so quickly, get your fingers ready for INTENSE TYPING, mwahahaha! Or just regular typing. That. That works too XD

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:12 am

Excited to see this get off the ground soon!

One question, though... You've gone into detail about getting the planes of the world, but nothing really about the world that everyone's inhabiting. Could you elaborate a bit on the setting where all of the action is taking place, or will that be cleared up in the first post?

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:39 am

Basically the setting is medieval like, a Fantasy world. We didn't really go into detail ourselves about places or anything like that. All I can say for sure though is that the Exorcists reside in a place underground, the Catacombs that were built underneath a ruined city.

Aside from that, the rest of the places haven't been created yet and I am more than willing to create some or if you guys want to create some that's totally cool too :) The places of this RP can also be created as we go along.

Siryn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:30 pm

And Elegia is all accepted! She'll be going under "meisters", Qaida~ Ohhh, I loved the twist about her family member! Makes me wonder who this girl is really related to... Also, I'm going to be editing Virie's profile just slightly! I kind of might've forgotten something that was actually plot related in there... AKA Her summon. Er, I'll explain it there. :3 I'll let everyone know when it's all edited so that you can see~ :3 We're almost ready to start!

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Alrighty! Well then ;) Just need one more Angel and I've got all the teams set. Butterfly should have that to use soon. In the meantime! I think we're good to start Igari.

The first posts are going to pretty long guys (only because we have a lot of background to cover and setting the stage type deal). There'll be I believe two posts, one from Igari and the other from me. After I've posted, its GAME ON guys!!! :D Everything should be ready to go tonight!!!

Get ready for lots of action and such ;) We will do our best to keep this fast paced and entertaining. xD

Siryn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:33 pm

One more question (oh god, I'm full of 'em, aren't I?)

So there are teams of characters (one angel, one demon, one exorcist) working together, correct? If so, have some teams been pre-established, or are we sort of going to group together as the game goes on, or are people controlling NPCs for these teams, etc?

(or is Icy overthinking things again?)

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:46 pm

It's fine, Icy--questions mean you are curious and really want to be involved so don't even worry about it!

We won't be working with NPC's for the teams, there is a reason we've been waiting to begin the RP. Butterfly will be submitting in one more character, an angel, which will complete the five teams that will be created in this roleplay. Now, as for how this is going to work. Qaida and I are currently deciding which groups would work best for the dynamics of the roleplay and will probably be posting up the potential trio's some time later today or tomorrow, depending on when we get Butterfly's other character.

The last part, pre-establishment. We're going to answer that question in our first few posts, really. It's fine to have questions but I promise a lot of them will be answered once we put up those posts. It will explain our setting, where potentially our characters would be (since I know there is the question how we are all going to meet) and how we will all be assembling. As I'm sure you've seen, some characters already know each other at this point. Even if we don't have everyone everyone by tomorrow, we will still be posting because no one will be put into a group tomorrow--we'll be doing at least one or two rounds of posting before that ends up happening.

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:27 pm

And our last angel has been accepted! It is safe to say that we can get the ball rolling~ Hooray, hooray~ //literally so ready for this

A note to everyone! Finished updating Virie's profile so you're all free to take a look! You'll notice I altered her abilities section somewhat and there is a Familiar profile at the bottom that you should take a look at~ :D

We'll be getting the first few posts all ready and set for y'all so sit tight, buckle those seat belts and remember! Santa Claus is always watching :3

Igari
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!