Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Resignation

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum β€” the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Resignation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:32 pm

Unfortunately due to ongoing health problems, I am going to be resigning as an administrator of RolePlayGateway very shortly. For everyone who PMed me in regards to the volunteer work, I apologize for not getting back to you. I wound up in the hospital soon after I put that stuff up, and I just haven't had it in me to continue it.

With that said I want to thank everyone who PMed me, and inform you that I will be trying to find someone to take over managing that in my place, as well as leaving them the names of everyone who PMed me.

Any matters requiring administrative attention should be brought to Dashmiel, rather than myself.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Re: Resignation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:53 am

Although I'm a mere ghost on this forum anymore, I can remember in the days I wasn't, watching you rise through the ranks; gaining the respect and admirability from just about everyone on RPG. I'm sorry to hear of your situation, and feel I speak for many when I say your presence as an admin here will be gravely missed.

Thank you for all of the hard work and dedication you poured into this site. (:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarhara on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:17 pm

Tiko,

First off I hope you get feeling better,

You've done some much for this community, I've seen you inspire so many people myself included and I can't thank you enough for all of your hard work. Thank you for the dedication and service to this community!

Let's give Tiko a round of applause!

Zarhara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:05 pm

I've been very much an absent person on this site in the last two years, or so, but I'll say that I'm sad that you have to resign from your position because of ill-health, Tiko! I have no idea what's going on, and thus, I can only say this; I sincerely hope that you recover well, and are back in working order soon. You've done amazing things for this site, and I know that you've always been a very active member of the community--I'd seen you on the Global Chat a lot of times, and I'll say I always thought it was so nice that this site had admins like you.

Thank you for everything, Tiko!
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:18 am

I'm very sad to hear that you're leaving. I'll admit unlike many of the others I mostly roamed RPG alone so I didn't have much experience with you on the site save contacting you to offer help when you asked for volunteers.

I hope you feel better and that whatever troubles you're currently going through resolve themselves for the better sooner rather than later. And I hope that you can one day return so we can enjoy your company and support again.

Farewell Tiko, and it's a shame I never got to know or interact with you much on this site. Be well.
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:28 pm

My goodness, Tiko. I am sorry for your health problems, and for the resignation. I hope you well on your endeavors in life, and am sad to see such a dedicated Admin go. :(

It's hard to even consider not having you as an admin.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iCakez on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:29 am

From my heart, I wish you all good things and I hope you recover from whatever ails you.

iCakez
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheNoremac42 on Thu May 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Tiko! D:

You will be sorely missed. I only just found out about this... I hope you'll be feeling well soon. I hope you will return eventually. Until then, I will try to keep your stuff safe and warm for you :)
Constructive criticism welcomed.

TheNoremac42
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Builder Group Theory Beta Tester Property Buyer Storyteller Historian Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lvdwilt2000 on Sun May 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Not that we ever got to chat. Get well dude. And hope to see you around sometime. Know that my prayers are out there for you.
ImageImage

Lvdwilt2000
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCri on Tue May 26, 2015 9:48 am

Now, I'm a more new user on RoleplayGateway, so I don't know you as much...
But from what others have written, I can tell you're a well respected admin here and it's always sad to see someone go. I hope you get better soon~

SkyCri
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun May 31, 2015 6:23 pm

Just saw this / found out today about this as well. Hope I'll continue seeing you around whenever you're able to be on. I'm sorry things suck health-wise, and am sending my best wishes along with a virtual cup of tea and cats to snuggle.
β€‹β€œAnother world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

β€œThe only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

β€œevery day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leif Cauldor on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:58 am

Tiko,

I know I've been on RARELY and sporadically. But, hearing that you're no longer an admin on this site is devastating. You were a pillar to this community and a great help to all those here.

As, for you (non-admin) I, among most everyone I'm sure, couldn't be a luckier person to have gotten to know you. I truly hope that you will continue to at least lurk so that we are not forever without you.

And, regardless of your situation, I'll forever be your secretary.
As babies, mustn't we learn to crawl before we walk? Then, why as adults do we speak before we think?

Leif Cauldor
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedPitbull on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:58 pm

Hey Tiko, I know we don't get along at all, I just wanted to apologize for how I was, and I hope you feel better soon, I will keep you in my prayers.
Animal rescue is to lose your mind, but in losing your mind, you awaken your soul.

RedPitbull
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!