Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Resistance

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rush on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:50 pm

Ch'en listened in a stupefied silence at first, and as what was usual with him, Jyin's haughtiness served the fine purpose of pissing Ch'en off. Well, that was Jyin for you anyway. Without another utterance, Ch'en let Jyin's words fill his awakening mind as he deftly, if not sleepily, rolled a blunt and smoked it to the head. There is nothing quite like a wake and bake, something about marijuana that's just... just, well, makes you feel fucking fantastic. Ch'en took his time getting ready before grudgingly departing through his apartment door with his blazer and shirt a bit wrinkled, hair in a mess, and L's in his shirt pocket. Today will break the monotony.

A 70 mile commute, a couple near accidents, 3 blunts, and a vehicular 360 degree back-flip from a highway to a road beneath it later, Ch'en arrives at 1745 Blair St. He enters the tavern, spotting a familiar face behind the bar.

"Long time no see, Marty. You haven't aged a day," Ch'en lied. It couldn't be more than a few years since they last met, but Marty appeared to have aged a decade.

Marty retorted warmly, "and you haven't gained a single ounce." True, Ch'en put on more like two hundred forty. They exchanged a manly hug and a slap on the back.

"I'll take a Barristers', draught. Have you seen my brother? He should be rolling through shortly."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rush
Member for 11 years

Re: Resistance

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pendan on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:29 am

"Elias, stop! Stop, Elias!" Mika shrieked as she cradled her gun close to her chest. Elias had gotten a little ahead of her and had begun to shoot at the origin of the loud crashing noise.
"Intruder, Mika, it's an intruder!" Elias snapped back over his shoulder. He shot again, blindly sending his bullet whirlling into the dark alley, then another, and then another.
"It could just be a cat, or a dog! Stop it Elias!"
Elias whirled around at her, gun lowered only the slightest. "Fire, Private. That's an ORDER."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pendan
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tink047 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:19 pm

Emma stared in wide eyed fear at Corvan, momentarily unable to move. Her hands clung to the rails of the ladder her had shoved her against, her breathing was heavy as her eyes glanced from the heavy-looking door to her now-white knuckles. After a moment, she shook her head. "No," she stated defiantly, pulling the hand-gun from her skirt and releasing the safety, "I'm not going to leave you alone." She sturdied her footing and pointed her gun into the distance. Silently, she dared him to make her leave. She knew that she could not leave him alone now, could not sentence him to whatever fate lay ahead alone.

(sorry this took so long. been super busy. my mom was in the hospital.)
"No one has the power to make you feel inferior without your permission." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Tink047
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corvan on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:14 pm

Corvan turned and looked at her " Emma im right behind you now get up that ladder!' he said in a raised voice keeping his eyes down the tunnel.

(no problem i been busy my self, hope your mother is doing ok)

Corvan
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tink047 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:19 pm

(yeah, mom's fine. Thanks. ^_^)

Emma looked into his eyes, and after a moment nodded once. "Alright." She slipped the gun into her waistband once again, and climbed the steel stares the short distance to the door, which she shoved open, and climbed into the room above. "I'm waiting for you, Corvan, don't let me down." And, with that, she released the handle and let the cover fall closed.

She stood up, and looked around the room she had climbed into. A crumpled rug lay next to the door in the floor, which Emma quickly straightened over the hatch. She tucked a stray hair behind her ear, and took in her surroundings. The furniture was obviously old, but was still nice. Now-faded colors filled the living room she was standing in, a couch, love seat, and arm chair were clustered around a glass coffee table, a full sized fireplace on the far wall looked recently used, and had fresh wood stacked against it. Emma walked into the cozy kitchen, and looked into the cupboards, finding more food than she had seen since childhood, and the refrigerator was stocked with many different foods and drinks: clean, clear water, milk and cream, alcohol, juices, and a variety of cheeses. Food associated with the wealthy. My God, this place is Olympus she thought to herself, remembering the childhood myths her father had taught her. The bedroom housed one bed, soft and warm, the pillows were stuffed with feathers, and the comforter was downy. This must be the result of a military raid. People like us don't have these things.

Emma's thoughts returned to Corvan, still down in the tunnels below her. She knew it hadn't been more than fifteen minutes, at the most, but the time seemed to be much longer, feeling like hours. She sighed and started pacing, "don't let me down, Corvan..."

Tink047
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corvan on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:57 pm

((heh i been out of town the whole weekend but im back))

Keeping his eye down the tunnel Corvan came up the ladder pushing the door up with much strenght sense it had a cover on it. Corvan set his weapon down on the floor and reached down grabbing the steel ladder and pulling it up by the slides it had at the entrance, turned the ladder and almost slammed it over the top of the now closed trap door. He picked up his gun and turned to emma "see told you.." he looked at her knowing she was worried. Thinking to himself "ive seen her a few times and just now talked to her personaly" He looked at her closely hoping she didn't worry herself to much.

Corvan
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purple_haze on Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:29 pm

Jurgens heart nearly beat through his chest as an uneasy silence fell across the alleyway, he felt cooling sweat drip down his forehead and was only dimly aware of sharp burning pain coming from his leg. He slowly slid the mag from his jericho, paying extra care not to let it drop to the cobbles below, easing it into his pocket and slowly coaxing a new clip through the handle, not cocking it, for fear the noise would break the mounting tension.
The wind blows, I lean into the wind.
My anger grows, I'll use to win
The more you say, the more I defy you
So get out of my way.

All my will, all my strength, Rip it out, start again.

Purple_haze
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tink047 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:17 pm

Emma smiled back, relief washing over her. God, I'm pathetic. She mentally chastised herself. I don't even know him. It was a weakness of hers, the one she considered the largest, since the death of her father she attached herself to people far too quickly. Especially men. "I'm glad you're okay, Corvan." She smiled weakly. "Who was down there?"

She walked to the old, faded sofa and sat down on the slightly lumpy cushion, then stood and started to pace slowly around the small living room. Today might be her last day on earth. The statement hit her like a ton of bricks.

Tink047
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corvan on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:51 pm

He smiled at her some, wondering why she was worried about him." there was a explosion on the surface, not sure how far but it was a big one. We can use this safehouse for the night." He said to her. Corvan left to room for a few minutes to let her collect herself after hearing her say she was glad im ok. Corvan Returned several minutes later after checking the entire safehouse. "its clear, theres only one bed though, you can take it" He said to her setting his weapons down on the table next to the couch, and sat down next to her.

Corvan
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tink047 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:24 pm

Emma shook her head, "no, that's a waste of a nice bed. I won't be able to sleep tonight. If you can rest, you take it." She pulled her knees up to her chest and sighed looking into the unlit fireplace, "this place reminds me of when I was a little girl." She smiled wistfully. "You remind me of my father," she said, "that's why I don't want to see anything happen to you. I know, I'm a sentimental idiot." Emma stood up and walked over to the stocked refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of 25 year old wine, "want a drink?" She offered, "this is all military raid, isn't it? There is no other way to explain all of this. People like us don't get these nice things." She opened the wine, and sniffed it.

Tink047
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corvan on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:35 pm

He nodded to her " probably won't sleep much either. " he followed her to the frig. " years of storage raids, homes that have been left but not check yet. We do what we do to survive in this world. " He looked at her with a small smile " thats some strong stuff emma you might not be able to handle it " he said with a playful grin on his face.

Corvan
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tink047 on Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:30 pm

Emma looked at the bottle, and twisted her mouth to the side, "I don't know... it smells good." She placed the bottle on the counter and started poking through cupboards for glasses, finally found some, and reached. She was too short. She grumbled and looked at Corvan, "please?"

Tink047
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corvan on Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:11 pm

Corvan smiled gently at her request and took the glasses out. He set them both on the table and poured a glass full for both of them and raised his glass. " to a new begining.

Corvan
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pendan on Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:18 pm

(Oi, sorry about the long absence guys. School ate me alive. Dl )

"Elias, no...I won't shoot." Mika stammered. She was trembling hard now and she could barely keep a steady hold on her pistol. "What if...what if it's just someone who just--"
"Toughen up, Mika!" Elias snapped back at her. "We can't be stupid and wait to see who it is!"

Pendan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purple_haze on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:12 pm

It had been to long, Jurgen thought, he needed to slip away. He looked over across the alley but couldnt see the person from earlier. He could've sworn that he saw ben or maybe corvan
"nevermind" He whispered to himself. Back still pressed to the wall he looked around for possible exits. He couldn't take the sewer, He'd have to backtrack and that would cost time, the only other option was the roofs, he sidled over to the fire escape giving a brief pause before holstering the pistol, he gently tugged on the ladder easing it down and preventing the clatter as much as he could. Steadily he began to climb, Each dampened rattle of his boots on the railing painfully loud inside his head but muffled by his slow movements in reality. Eventually he reached the top and hauled himself on to the rooftop. He briefly perched on the tiles to take in the surroundings. Low, flat rooftops stretching out for what looked like miles, blanketing the slum quater below. Now it was just a simple matter of jumping roofs to Tylers.

Purple_haze
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wyxz on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:25 am

[OOC: Hi im new here, but is it too late to join?]

Wyxz
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corvan on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:06 pm

(nah go ahead just first make a sheet of your character, examples in the first two pages.)

Corvan
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tink047 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:55 am

Emma raised her glass and drank deeply of the bitter liquid. She smiled, placed the glass on the counter. "Probably a bad idea to start a fire, huh?" She sad down on the sofa and sighed. "Have you ever wanted to go back in time, Corvan?" She looked over at him, "I wish it were possible, really, I do. I hate this life, this life killed my family." She shook her head and pulled her hair back up.

Tink047
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wyxz on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:10 am

[OOC: sorry for delay i was very busy. i hope this is ok.]

Small room, old table and chair, old bed, rusty sink and broken mirror were only things that Kazys P. (please call him Kaz ) had. But this night will change his life. After this night everything will change. It can help him and others to tear chains that government putted on them.
Kaz was sitting on chair near table. He finished cleaning only thing that reminded him about his past. It was S&W model 627 .357 magnum.

- Ehh…my old friend today once again we will defend people…but this time it will be those who need it…

Kaz loaded his revolver and putted it in holster. He putted his hooded black jumper, stood up and left his apartment. Now he was going to meet others that want to change their life.

Wyxz
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corvan on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:52 pm

He took a seat right next to her and drank his glass. "yea can't have no fire but body heat will warm the rooms soon enough" He stared at her for a few moments. "if it existed probably..i mean..simple life to fighting for your life every day kinda sucks..ive lost many friends in this war..gained few" he said looking her in the eyes.

Corvan
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.