Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Riddles

a topic in Forum Games, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Fun games to pass the time!

Riddles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:42 pm

Answer the last riddle and put another one up.

I'll start.

A traveler starts a journey. For the first week he goes east. The second he goes in all directions. The third he flies up into the sky. In the fourth he comes back down. Who is the traveler?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Midnight
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thanatos on Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:40 pm

The traveller is an iceberg. It melts, travels east and spreads in all directions, gets heated and turns to condensation and then rains down when it cools.

I know this is an easy one, but you'd be surprised how many people don't know the answer so:

As I was going to St. Ives,
I met a man with seven wives.
Each wife had seven sacks,
Each sack had seven cats,
Each cat had seven kits.
Kits, cats, sacks, and wives,
How many were going to St. Ives?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thanatos
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:54 pm

A: One man.

Now mine.

A shadow started out for Eldorado,
Leaving all he left behind.
He searched for things ahead,
Which
of course he'll find.
He found the golden city
But it was not what you expect.
No bigger than a grain of sand,
Nothing but a speck.
Eldorado, O Eldorado!
Where do your golden gates lie?
It lies in the reddish-gray hills of Neverbeing,
And it won't give up a sigh.
Find the valley of hills with grayish tint,
And the lone person who might have a correspondent within.
And that is enough for hints.
What is Eldorado?

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:59 pm

Whats black, blue, pink, and red all over? PM me for the answer because the hint is in the pink color scheme.

Nightmare
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Riddles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omnistrife on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:03 am

Sorry for not doing as it asks in the beginning, but in my group of friends Im the riddle-ish one.

What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?

What is so fragile speaking it's name breaks it?

There was a guy stuck in a metal room with a metal door.The door was locked and there were no windows. The following items were inside the room:
a piano, table,a saw,and a bat.
How did the man get out? (3 ways)

Remæus bought a bag of oranges on Monday, and ate a third of them. On Tuesday he ate half of the remaining oranges. On Wednesday he looked in the bag to find he only had two oranges left. How many oranges were originally in the bag?

A large truck is crossing a bridge 1 mile long. The bridge can only hold 14000 lbs, which is the exact weight of the truck. The truck makes it half way across the bridge and stops. A bird lands on the truck. Does the bridge collapse? Give a reason.

Mr. Pink lives in the pink house. Mr Green lives in the green house. Mrs. Purple lives in the purple house. Who lives in the white house?

I am a three digit number.
My tens digit is five more than my ones digit.
My hundreds digit is eight less than my tens digit.
What number am I?

What are the only English words with three consecutive repeated letters. For example, sweet-toothed would be one (ee,tt,oo) if it weren't for the hyphen.

If measured from the center of the planet, which mountain on Earth is the highest? (NOT EVEREST!)

A man is six feet tall, is a clerk at a butcher shop, and wears size 11 shoes. What does he weigh?

Omnistrife
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forever_Blue on Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:26 pm

Omnistrife wrote:Sorry for not doing as it asks in the beginning, but in my group of friends Im the riddle-ish one.

There was a guy stuck in a metal room with a metal door.The door was locked and there were no windows. The following items were inside the room:

Mr. Pink lives in the pink house. Mr Green lives in the green house. Mrs. Purple lives in the purple house. Who lives in the white house?

1. Bat: 3 strikes hes out.
piano: keys
table and the saw: he sawed the table in half, 2 halves make a whole "hole"

2. the president
ImageImageImageImage

Forever_Blue
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Creiko on Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:19 pm

Omnistrife wrote:Sorry for not doing as it asks in the beginning, but in my group of friends Im the riddle-ish one.

1] Towel
2] silence.

What five letter word becomes shorter by adding two letters?

(nice and easy. xD)

*walks across thread leaving muddy footprints*

Creiko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenix_from_the_Ash on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:19 pm

1] Towel
2] silence.

(nice and easy. xD)
[/center]

Short :P

If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch?
I Reject your reality and Substitute it with my own

Phoenix_from_the_Ash
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:27 pm

Omnistrife wrote:Remæus bought a bag of oranges on Monday, and ate a third of them. On Tuesday he ate half of the remaining oranges. On Wednesday he looked in the bag to find he only had two oranges left. How many oranges were originally in the bag?

Six oranges wouldn't last me three days. Nope, sure wouldn't.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:08 am

Kio wrote:

1] Towel
2] silence.

(nice and easy. xD)
[/center]

Short :P

If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch?

None. Roosters do not lay eggs.

Railroad crossing, look out for cars. Can you spell that without an R's?

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:47 pm

Omnistrife wrote:There was a guy stuck in a metal room with a metal door.The door was locked and there were no windows. The following items were inside the room:

Let me see if I can remember this.... And I thought it was a mirror and a table. But let me take a stab at it...

He took the saw and sawed the table.
He took the two halves and made a hole.
And went out through the hole. >.>

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Creiko on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:41 am

"That" doesn't have any R's.

[I honestly don't know your riddle. D'=]

Mr Green, Mr Red and Mr Blue were sitting in a bar ,having a drink. One was wearing a red suit, the other a blue suit and the other green. "Have you noticed," said the man in the blue suit, "that not one of us is wearing a suit corresponding to our names?"

Mr Red looked at the other two and said "You're absolutely right."

What colour suit is each man wearing?

Creiko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:47 am

Creiko wrote:
"That" doesn't have any R's.

[I honestly don't know your riddle. D'=]

Mr Green, Mr Red and Mr Blue were sitting in a bar ,having a drink. One was wearing a red suit, the other a blue suit and the other green. "Have you noticed," said the man in the blue suit, "that not one of us is wearing a suit corresponding to our names?"

Mr Red looked at the other two and said "You're absolutely right."

What colour suit is each man wearing?

T-H-A-T
You were on the right track.

Mr. Red is wearing the green suit.
Mr. Green is wearing the blue suit.
Mr. Blue is wearing the red suit.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omnistrife on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:09 am

Remæus bought a bag of oranges on Monday, and ate a third of them. On Tuesday he ate half of the remaining oranges. On Wednesday he looked in the bag to find he only had two oranges left. How many oranges were originally in the bag?

A large truck is crossing a bridge 1 mile long. The bridge can only hold 14000 lbs, which is the exact weight of the truck. The truck makes it half way across the bridge and stops. A bird lands on the truck. Does the bridge collapse? Give a reason.

I am a three digit number.
My tens digit is five more than my ones digit.
My hundreds digit is eight less than my tens digit.
What number am I?

What are the only English words with three consecutive repeated letters. For example, sweet-toothed would be one (ee,tt,oo) if it weren't for the hyphen.

If measured from the center of the planet, which mountain on Earth is the highest? (NOT EVEREST!)

A man is six feet tall, is a clerk at a butcher shop, and wears size 11 shoes. What does he weigh?

What comes next?

And as it seems no one cares for the three letters, it is 'Book-keep, book-keeper, book-keeping. My computer is making me use - O_o

Omnistrife
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!