Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Riverside Detention Center

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Riverside Detention Center

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:46 pm

For some kids, if you make a mistake... hurt someone's feeelings, say something behind someones back, show up drunk to Prom, you get sent to the Principal's office. But sometimes if you make a mistake, someone ends up dead... then, you get sent here.

This is the place you go when you screw your life up, yet are to young to get put in jail, where most will end up later in life, if not dead. Everything you ever had is gone. You don't have your family or youre homies, or friends... you only have yourself. But what if you could make a difference in youre life. If you could change yourself for the better... would you do it?... Or would you stay the same?

OOC:Yeah its short I know but hey it should be fun. Here are ther rules: There are four basic Gangs within the city.

The Bloods- North Side
The Crowns- East Side
The Street Rollers (just called 'Streets')- South Side
The Eighty-Eights- West Side

You can be a mamber of one of these gangs, or you can just be there. But the main problem is having all four kinds, stuck togetehr in one place. How would you keep them from killing each other?

Name:
Alias/ Nickname: (If you ahve one it's likley what youre Homies call you if youre in a gang)
Looks: (you can post a link if you wish)
Gang: (if in one)
What you did to get here:( Be creative, It can be something as small as trying to steel someones purse, or something as big as murder.

I also need people to be Couselors/ Body guards to help keeep the kids from killing each other. Have fun!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aelita
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Riverside Detention Center

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:20 pm

This looks like a very fun rpg :). This is a genre I've always wanted to play in, but have never really found a game for :P. Anyways, if this game is still gonna happen I'd love to be in it :). I'll go ahead and post my character but if it ain't gonna happen just delete my post.

Name: Jonathan Tyler Bilson
Alias/ Nickname: J.T., Jonny Blat (also Jonny B.)

Personality: Jonathan has a very bi-polar personality. At times he's a very happy kid, wanting to have fun with his boys, go to parties and get drunk, just anything fun. Other times he falls into deep episodes of depression, writing dark poems/songs, cutting himself, and doing things in the hope that it'll get him killed. This mindset of his stems from his childhood; his father left his mother before he was born, and then his mother left him in a hospital ER when he was just days old. Taken in by the foster care system he never felt like he belonged, never had a family. But then he found a gang to run with. For once he felt like he belonged, like he had family, people that would do anything for him. So that's where his life is now, and that's why he is what he is.

Looks: Jon is five feet and ten inches tall, with a fairly skinny build. He weighs one hundred and fifty five pounds, though he's got a little bit of muscle on him. He's white, though slightly tan, with naturally black hair and brown eyes. His nose is a little crooked, the result of a fight two years back when he got it broken. He also has a short chin beard, and the word 'Crown' shoddily tattooed on his right shoulder.

Gang: The Crowns

What you did to get here: Two counts of Grand Theft Auto, One count of Theft, and One count of Assault With A Deadly Weapon (a baseball bat to be exact).
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:16 am

Name: Ariana Kartialla
Alias/ Nickname: Ari
Personality: Ari is not a "bad" person. She is a little off though. She is an arsonist, or pyro if you will. She is obsessed with fires and has been in trouble many times for them. She isnt in a gang because she doesnt know which to join. She is smart and carefull of who she associates with. Her parents were both drunks and her mom was a drug addict, nice combo. She learened early on to care for herself. She made the mistake of getting in to drugs, only pot. But she does love her alcohol too. Other than that she is a pretty good girl...
Looks: Image
Gang: none as of now
What you did to get here: breaking and entering, arson. She burned down somones garage because it looked pretty, and she was board, she also got hit with possesion of illigal substance.
To lie is to sleep, to sleep is to die. So where must one lie to sleep without death...

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:50 pm

OOC: Awesome. ^^ I think this will be quite a fun rp too. Thanks for joining! ^_^

IC:

Name: Sina
Alias/ Nickname: Dice/Dai
Personality: She is usually quiet and to herself but if she feels comfortable enough she would usually open up more and be a little outgoing.
Looks: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g104/ ... megirl.jpg
Gang: The Eights
What you did to get here:
Killed her moms abusive boyfriend and blew a diamond store up because they didn't have the jewels she wanted.

Ok, lets all start with everyone had just gotten in their cells.
---------------------------------------

Sina was pushed into her cell and just as she turned around to hit the gaurd who pushed her he slammed the door shut and she hit the bars with her knuckles. The bar made a ringing sound and she let out a pained 'ack' and cluched her hand to her stomach for a moment before releasing it and shaking it out in front of her. "Damn, jerk." She said as held her hand once again. She then looked around her cell and then out to the hall at the other cells.

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:55 pm

"Move it son." The guard said to Jonny as he kept a firm hand on his shoulder. *Ass-hole...* Jonny thought to himself, as he thought about what he'd do if he wasn't in ankle and wrist constraints. They walked up a flight of stairs, and started down a row of cells. *Heh, second tier. Room with a view, HAH!* Jonny thought to himself. The guard held his shoulder firmly, stopping him in front of one of the cells. "Here we are kid, home sweet home. Cell 2-5 'East' Block." The guard said as the cell door made a buzzing sound and it slowly slid open. "Thanks pops." Jon said with a smirk as he had his cuffs removed. Once the guard motioned for him to move, he stepped into his cell and listened as the door slid shut, with a very final sounding *CLANK* at the end. Jonny then sat down on his bed, rolling up one of the spare sheets into a pillow as he laid his head down. "Goddamn," Jonny said aloud, "Eighteen months in this shit-hole..." He continued to lay there, as he began counting the specks on the cieling....

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:05 am

“Ok Ariana just up these steps.” The guard said putting a hand on her back. “F**K you scum sucking old hag! The names Ari! Got it?” Ariana didn’t want to be here and she was gonna let everyone else know it. Stupid detention facility, jail for babies is what it is. The guard ignored her insubordinate tone and continued on to the cell assigned to the girl. “In there Ariana. You’ll be here for a few hours until we come get you for your meal.” Ariana glared at the corrections officer. “What ever.” She let them close the door and take off her shackles threw the bars. The guard walked off. ‘F**kin b**ch! I hate this s**t!’ Ari dropped down onto her hard cold bunk and started picking at her nails.

OOC: hope this is good. :)

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:46 pm

OOC: Awesome posts. ^_^ don't worry about it.

IC:
Sina watched as a couple of gaurds brought in a boy and girl. The girl didn't seem to want to be there and that was way more evident then the boy's not wanting to be there. None of them wanted to be there from the looks of it and not to mention who would want to be. Sina let out a sigh and thumped her head against the bars of the cell door. She was begining to get hungry and hearing the gaurd tell the girl a few more hours, made her want to tear the door down and stampede through the kitchen getting anything she wanted and leaving. "Damnit. I am huuuungry..." She said as she sat down on the cold concrete floor with a hand hanging out of the cell through the bars resting on one of the bottom bars.

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:28 pm

Jon counted nearly a hundred specks, protrusions and marks on the ceiling before he finally got bored and got up. A little earlier he'd heard a guard tell another newbie that the next meal (which would be breakfast, considering Jonny got snatched up at 1:30 that morning) would be served in a few hours. "Hmm, steamed scrambled eggs or some other crap like that I'll bet..." Jonny muttered to himself as he stood there. He proceeded to roll up his orange pants into low shorts, after which he mosied on over to his cell door. He hung his arms out and looked up and down the row. He saw another inmate up, a girl with brown hair, and he looked at her and let out a attention getting whistle. "*KeewsWEE!* Yo, wattup? What'chou in for?" Jonny asked as he picked up a foot then let it down, then did the same with the other foot. *Can't wait till breakfast, be nice to get some grub...* Jon thought to himself, waiting for the other prisoner's reply.

OOC: I'm directing my character's speech toward Sina. Also, Anime Fairy, what's the schedule for each day? I.e., Breakfast at 6:00am, lock down for a few hours, do the prisoners have yard time during the day between lunch and dinner? If you want I can draw up a daily schedule, if you don't already have one in mind :). Not tryin to step on toes just offering help :P

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:49 pm

OOC: Well, if you want to I don't mind. ^^ You seemed to be pretty interested in the rp to begin with so I am sure you have good ideas for the schedule.

IC:
Sina's attention was caught by a whistle and she looked up. Her eyes scanned the cell doors until she saw a boy looking at her as he spoke. She didn't say anything for a moment as she processed that he was actually asking her what she did. She only shrugged and rolled her eyes. "I blew up a jewelry store...and shot my moms boyfriend." She said looking at him now. "What did you do?" She asked. She was sure that hers wasn't the worst and was getting curious of him. Not to mention she was really starting to get hungry and wanted something to do to pass the time.

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:26 pm

OOC: Alright, here's a daily schedule for inmates. And I included stuff that normally would not be in a juvenile detention center (atleast from what I know), but whatever :P, it'll add to RPing experience oppurotunities.
Schedule:
6:00 AM - Breakfast
6:30 AM til 10:30 AM - Cell Lockdown (stuck in your cell)
10:30 AM til 11:00 AM - Shower time, prep for lunch
11:00 AM til 11:30 AM - Lunch
11:30 AM til 4:00 PM - Free time (May go to the yard [where all inmates may mingle], go to the weight room, Library, etc.)
4:00 PM til 6:00 PM - Cell Lockdown
6:00 PM til 6:30 PM - Dinner
6:30 PM til 9:00 PM - Free time (No Yard Access)
9:00 PM til 6:00 AM - Lights out/Cell Lockdown

Anything you wanna ask or change, by all means do so :).

IC:
Jonny listened as the girl explained that she shot her mom's boyfriend, then blew up a jewelry store. *Crazy bitch.. Kinda cool..* Jonny thought to himself, then he was brought back to attention by the girl's question. "What did you do?" She asked. Jonny let his head fall back a second then brought it forward again to look at her. "First, I carjacked someone. Hit them with a bat until they got out of the car, so I got assault with a d-w, and there's a GTA charge. He had a guitar, amp, and distortion peddle in the back seat, so I took that stuff to a pawn shop and hawked it. That's a charge of theft, and when I entered the car again that was another GTA charge. Drove it to my friend's house to crash, then at 1:30 this morning po-po's showed up and busted in the door. Arrested me as you can see..." Jonny spread his arms a bit through the bars to make apparent his orange uniform.

Jonny rested his head against the bars a minute, trying not to think of hunger. He looked down at her and asked, "So what's your name? You roll with a crew?" Jonny then peered down the row, not really seeing anyone else up and about yet. Jonny knew better than to just go to sleep in jail; sleep yourself out in three days, then you can never really sleep...

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:25 pm

OOC: Awesome work! No complaints here, that is great! Thank you a bunch! ^_^ You sure youd don't have experience? XD

IC:
Sina listened to the boys story. Thinking about a few parts she started to wonder why he did all that in the first place but then again, why did she blow up a jewelry store?, so she would feel stupid asking him. When he asked her name and if she had a crew she eyed him suspiciously. "You are awfully curious." She said studying him for a moment then looked around the cells. After a short moment of examining the other cell doors she brought her gaze back over to him. "My name is none of your business. They call me Dice, Dai for short. And...as for my 'crew' you will just have to find out for yourself. Not to mention I don't even know if they still want me." She said to him bluntly. She was thinking that he was a bit too curious for her to trust him, yet anyway. When she said the remark of him having to find out what crew she was with she was refering to a tattoo that was somewhere on her body that would give the answer. Since she wasn't so hot on the idea of letting him too close it would take him a bit too find out.

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:04 pm

OOC: Well I actually do, but that's a different story :P.

IC: "You are awfully curious." The girl said to his questions. Jonny just kinda shrugged, though it was more to himself since she wouldn't be able to see it. "My name is none of your business. They call me Dice, Dai for short. And...as for my 'crew' you will just have to find out for yourself. Not to mention I don't even know if they still want me." She finished, leaving Jonny intrigued. He propped his feet at the bottom of the gate, then held onto the bars at about the height of his mid-chest. He then let his body fall back, and proceeded to do some make-shift pull ups. "Well, Dai.. The name's, Jonny.. Pleasure.." Jonny continued this routine for a while, then dropped and started doing push ups. *Might as well work up an appetite.* Jonny thought to himself. He worked out a bit, then went to his belongings bin and fished out one of the paper cups he was supplied with. He found the pouch of instant juice and dumped it in, then filled the cup with water at his sink. Jonny swirled it a bit, and took a sip. It tasted like crap. Nasty water that was a bit warm, plus the juice wasn't that good either... But it was still better than just warm nasty water. Jonny then took his drink back to his door and stood there, waiting to see if anyone else would get up soon, or if Dai would wanna talk anymore.

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:59 pm

OOC: Really now? You have caught my interest. XD

IC:
Sina could barely see him doing push ups on the bars of his cell. This made her wonder why he was doing such a thing but then again she probably figured that anything would be good to get your mind off of stuff. She let out a sigh as her stomach growled. She hadn't eaten in a day and was begining to feel a little weak. When Jonny came back to the bars she looked at him then looked around the rest of the place. "So, do you know what time it is? Can you see a clock anywhere?" She asked as she tried to look around for one.

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:11 am

Ari could hear two other inmates talking and she couldnt help but listen in. I mean what else is there to do in a place like this. She listened as they sized each other up and compared stories of how they got locked up in this joint. She sighed to herself, *may as well make friends* she thought *dont wanna get in fights with everyone here.* She lugged her tired body up off her bed and mad the short distance over to the door. Just as she reached the bars she heard the girl, Sina, ask the guy, Jonny if he could see a clock or knew what time it was. Ari snorted, "You wont find a clock anywhere around here, not near the cells. they like to keep you guessing and on your toes. Its like their sick little game. We are the hamsters in their little play house." She breathed in and under her breath finished, "Sadistic pigs." She sat down heavily on the cement floor letting out a grunt as her ass smacked the floor. "So Jonny is it? What crew you with? Dont worry 'i'm not a cop.'" She said like so many of her friends used to. Its the only true way to tell someone your talkin to aint a narc, most of the time. But hell she was already in here for her second stay so it wasnt like she was leaving soon. She started picking at her nails while she waited for the boys reply.

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:21 am

OOC: Haha, well I'll tell ya the story if ya PM me or somethin AF :P. Not much to tell though :P.

IC: Dai had asked if he could see a clock anywhere from his view, and before he could reply, another girl loudly voiced her opinion. She made a short rant about hamsters and how we were their pets or something, but Jonny half disregarded it as her being pissed. Then, Jonny heard her apparentally speaking to him, "Jonny is it? What crew you with? Dont worry 'i'm not a cop.'" Jonny laughed a bit at the last little comment. *Funny kid. Sense of humor's good.* He then responded to Dai, "Yeah, what she said. You ain't gonna find a clock by the cells. Best thing you can do is find stuff to do to pass the time. Do push ups, walk around your cell, pick your nose, scratch your ass. Whatever ya gotta do cause when it's lockdown time, you either sleep or keep yourself busy so you don't go crazy." Jonny took a gulp of his drink and then said to the other girl, "And yo, other girl, what's your name? You know mine so tell me yours. But yeah, I roll with Crown, East Side For LIFE! Was gonna get a tat soon, but now I'ma have to wait till I get out to get inked in. So yeah, what's your name, you rollin'?" Jonny took a drink and then sat his cup down on the floor to the side of the door. He walked to his bin and brought out the little flexi-pen that inmates were issued to write with or whatever. He took it back to his door, and started doodling on the wall next to the gate, waiting for the girl to reply. Jonny heard rucus down towards the end of the row, and had a feeling that it was probably about five thirty by now. The food crew was rolling carts into the mess hall, and soon they'd be called out for chow...

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:47 pm

Ari Listened as the boy, Jonny, agreed with her and told the other girl there were no clocks around. She smiled to herself thinking, *wouldnt matter if there was a clock, still wouldnt make time go faster. In fact if there was a clock the time would probably pass slower.* Ari came back from her own thoughts when she heard Jonny addressing her.
"And yo, other girl, what's your name? You know mine so tell me yours. But yeah, I roll with Crown, East Side For LIFE! Was gonna get a tat soon, but now I'ma have to wait till I get out to get inked in. So yeah, what's your name, you rollin'?" Jonny got silent waiting for Ari's reply and before she spoke she heard the food carts being pushed into the mess hall. *thank god! I need food!* "Names Ari, at least that is what i go by. I aint rollin with no one. Havnt really found a crew to join up with, i bounce around to often to get in with one. I've heard of the Crowns, nice crew. So what kinda car you boost? Did you stash your cash before they grabbed you? I hate when they catch you before you can stash your shit." Ari stopped, she was talking to much and she knew it. To friendly in a place like this was a bad idea, it could get you in lots of trouble. She pushed her face against the cold bars to wait for Jonny's reply and see if the other girl had anything to say.

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:02 pm

Jonny listened to the girl talk, about how she didn't roll with anyone and all that jazz. After listening to her answers and inquiries, Jonny spoke again. "Nice meetin ya Ari. And heh, we ain't a NICE crew, but whatever. Shit, I used to have a kick ass 2000 Yukon, but that thing was too noticeable, plus paying for the gas was a bitch. I sold it to my friend a couple months back, now I usually just step it in town or ride my bike. Yeah, I got some money and shit stashed at my homie's place, about fifteen-hundred bucks, plus some product but I know that shit'll be smoked by the time I get out. Course, that's just the charge for him keeping my dough safe for me while I'm caged up. Also have a glock stashed with my cash, and it should be there with it when I get back. But if that boy uses it and loses it or whatever, he'll just hit me back for it..." Jonny took a last drink from his cup, then set it under his bunk so it wouldn't get crushed or anything. He resumed his spot back at the door, and said, "So, you got anything stashed back home or what? And shit, thank God that food's goin to mess hall, bout time to grub.."

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Ari listened to Jonny. " I didnt mean nice as in sweet man. I know the Crowns are hard core. Just meant like good family crew. Got your back when your in shit. Ive thought about gettin in there once or twice. Anyway, I got lots of shit stashed, about $2,000 total cash. A personal stash that i left for my friend. And a few knives, I never really got into the guns and shit. Not really my style." Ari paused and sniffed the air smelling the great scents of food comming rom the mess hall. "And i know what you mean, I could really use some grub right about now. Havnt eaten since yesterday morning. My stomache feels like its eating itself." Just then to atest to the hunger, Ari's stomache growled loudly "So you two got any parents waitin on ya? he he, some kids got em some kids dont." Ari layed back on the cement but still close to the bars so she could hear their responses.

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:38 am

OOC: so what is up with this thread? I cant post cause i was the last one to post? Are we still gonna be doing this RP? let me know, i really liked it...

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:12 pm

I'd like to join in this, if you don't mind. I've been to a real DC, so this should be interesting..

Name: Vincent Royale
Alias/ Nickname: Drifter
Personality: Prideful, Brutally honest(asshole), smooth, smart, cunning, but very slick.
Vincent began street racing at the age of 12. He didn't know his father, and his mother, well she was a drugged up prostitute, who would bring random men home and have sex with them. She became very ill on Vincent's 16th birthday, and died a week later. Vincent had been racing for four years and owned his own car. When his mother died, her pimp from Southside came and gave him enough money to purchase another car and start a team.

He leads Team Demiarch, a very notorious street racing crew who owned the Westside and Southside streets. They were not involved with gang matters, they did know them. He became widely known, very cocky, prideful, but he was vey smart, cunning and looked very good. He had always cared about good hygiene, but he did smoke cigarette's and drink. But would never touch drugs.

Looks: http://www.themoviebinge.com/images/sti ... urious.jpg
Gang:In no gang, but does street race for Team Demiarch.
What you did to get here: Illegal street racing/drifting. Illegal parts in car, creating a $25,000 co-payment on the car. He got busted right before finishing a cross-country race, where he would win a '69 Pontiac GTO all fixed up. But around ten miles from the finish, cops began chasing him. He drove by the finishing spot, giving a signal. If everything is to go right, he has a new car sitting in his garage. But the cops caught him after chasing him for six hours, he was one of the top 20 , or "Black List" for street racers. When they caught him, since he had no points, he was stuck in the Detention Center.

He owns two cars, each which look the same.
Here is the image.
http://www.supercars.dk/images/products ... -viper.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/orikalkos/index.htm

Join Orikalkos, and RP on our forum.

Serpaara-
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.