Rogue's Irregular Story [Closed]

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Rogue's Irregular Story [Closed]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:03 pm

It may take a while to find out who you are, but everyone eventually figures it out, right? Well, almost everyone. The girl that was currently standing in the middle of an abandoned ship landing strip had no idea who she was or how she'd come to be passed out on the runway. Thank God it was abandoned or she just might have found herself run over by a space ship and that might have been a very untimely and unpleasant death!

Looking herself over, she deemed that she was at least uninjured. She had her head, two eyes that she could see from, a nose, a mouth (and with a little squeak she confirmed that she wasn't mute and also confirmed that her hearing worked). She had two arms, two hands, ten fingers, two legs (and she could stand on them!). Everything seemed good - well apart from the cut and lump on the left side of the temple.

She examined herself like she was in a new body. But it felt like her body. Was this definitely her body? She was confused. Why would she be in someone else's body? Technology these days was incredible. Wait, was she making that up or was it true? Did she really know that technology was advanced here? And where was here? Looking around the place was deserted for what looked like miles. Buildings were abandoned and falling apart. Rust was setting in on the abandoned machines that just lay scattered about.

Who was she?

Looking over herself once more. She found a tattoo on her left wrist. It just had a simple letter there, almost like a brand.

S

Is that my name?

The woman shrugged, glancing at the gloves on her wrist. Why did she have gloves? It was hot, wasn't it? Looking at her clothes she was wearing cargo pants and a strap top, confirming that it was warm and there was no need for gloves. Or was there? What did she know? She couldn't remember her name, her age, her date of birth or her past. Everything was blank. So how did she know that you didn't wear gloves in warm weather, or that it was in fact warm? She didn't.

Confused, the woman moved forward, deciding to see if the place she'd ended up in, was really abandoned.
Last edited by SlightlyIrregular on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Rogue's Irregular Story [Closed]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RogueMinstrel on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:37 pm

“I’m not liking our options, Jon,” Jet said when he finally managed to get the S-00L’s autopilot to turn on.

“We have options?” Jon replied with a smirk, leaning back in his seat and kicking his legs up on to the control panel. “That’s new. We must be doing something right.”

“Hardly,” Jet growled, “I don’t see either option being a viable choice.”

“Why? What’s the problem?”

“The ship isn’t going to last much longer. We can either land on the nearest planet or drift through space. We’ve got a decent storage of food and water and I’m pretty sure I can fix the beacon.”

“Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind,” Jon replied in between yawns. “What’s wrong with the planet?”

“It’s a mech planet,” Jet answered with obvious disdain.

“What’s that?”

“It’s pretty much a junk planet. Think of it as a ship graveyard. Most mech planets are barely habitable and even those that are, are only ever full of murderous, drudge gangs eking out a filthy living.”

“I think we should land,” Jon said suddenly and matter-of-factly.

“Did you not hear a word I just said?”

“Sure did. Ship graveyard means parts and parts means we can fix this junk enough to get to a more civilized part of the galaxy.”

“Do you even know what galaxy we’re in?”

“Nope, wake me up when we’re ready to land.” Then Jon spun around in his swiveling chair and sauntered off to his hammock.

As per usual, Jet only sighed and set the coordinates for the mech planet. Over the years, he learned to trust his friend’s intuition even when his own intuition screamed otherwise. Jon Saturn had a way of making even the worst situations turn in to gold.

--

When Jon woke up, it was to the ship’s alarm blaring and Jet screaming for him to get up. It still took Jon a little bit to shake the grogginess out of his head. Spending God knows how long in cryosleep made it hard for him to wake up at times, especially when he was in a dreamless sleep.

When he finally opened his eyes and could see straight it was just in time for the jostling ship to bump him out of his hammock. He managed to brace himself before hitting the floor and quickly scrambled to his feet and made it to the control panel where Jet’s short arms were working every button and lever like a hive of bees.

“What happened, little buddy?” Jon’s easy-going words belied his frantic tone.

“We’ve arrived! I’ve picked up an open communication but there is no one on the other end!”
“No time to try again,” Jon shouted and took over the controls from his exhausted friend. “I think I can manage a crash landing. Just hang on!”

When they were close enough to see the landing strip, Jon nearly laughed at their absurd luck and the clear opening they seemed to have. He pulled up as hard as he could, trying to avoid as much of a nose dive as possible but also not wanting to land too near the back where the ship’s power source was. It would not do to survive the fall only to die in an explosive landing nor would it do to survive the landing only to be stranded.

Then he saw her, a woman standing in the landing strip as if she had just been plopped down by some cruel god to see how she would react. In a knee-jerk reaction, Jon yanked the ship the other way but the sudden change only caused the ship to spin rather than turn. Jet was thrown to the side with Jon following close behind.

The ship hit the strip and began to slide, sending a shower of sparks like fireworks in its wake and howling like a banshee when steel met steel. The ship hurtled towards her and by this time it was out of anyone’s control.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RogueMinstrel
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:45 pm

The first thing she noticed was that on this barren land it was incredibly hot. And dusty. She frowned. The place seemed completely desolate and she needed food and water. Wait. Did she really or was that just something she was making up? If she knew essential stuff like that, was it because it was human instinct or was it her making it up again?

What did she really know? What didn't she really know?

Her name, age, life she definitely didn't know. No matter how hard she thought about it, all but black appeared and that only lead to a headache. First of all though, she needed to find out where she was. This place looked like it had been, at one point, occupied by something. That meant that there could be food, water, and information that could lead her to a populated area or tell her where she was. Maybe she was from here.

She had no idea.

What she did have an idea of, was the sun being too hot for her liking. Looking up at the orange circle, she frowned squinting. Something was moving. Or at least she thought something was moving her way. Was it really something? Was she seeing things? It was confirmed a few minutes later that whatever it was, she wasn't imagining it. It was getting bigger and closer. It looked like it was coming right ---

At her.

She turned and started to run the other way but she could already hear and feel whatever it was hitting the ground at quite a speed. She covered her ears and turned around. She wasn't going to outrun in. Maybe she'd get lucky and dodge it. Maybe a hole would come up that she could squeeze through so that it didn't hit her.

Having a good look at it, she saw it was a ship. There was no dodging it. So instead she closed her eyes and bent down slightly, as if imagining the thing to miss her. It was spinning around and heading right at her. Hopefully it would miss her.

Miss me, miss me, miss me... She thought.

Finally the screeching came louder and sharper. It was close. Her eyes closed tighter. She could feel it practically at her. Then silence. She stayed still with her eyes closed and her ears covered. Maybe death had been very quick and that's what the silence was. Or maybe everything had stopped. There was only one way to find out.

Carefully she opened her eyes only to come face to face with the nose of the large chunk of metal (that she assumed to be a ship) pointing right at her head, only a millimeter or two from her own nose.

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RogueMinstrel on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:14 am

After they came to a screeching halt, Jon opened his eyes and tried to stretch a horrible kink out of his back. It seemed the more he moved, the tighter the kink got until it felt like it was punching him in the back.

“C’mon, Jet! We don’t have time to be goofing around,” Jon groaned as he picked himself up and turned around to look down at the crumpled thisp. “You okay, little buddy?”

“Did you have to land on me?” Jet grumbled.

“Did you have to fall first?” Jet’s dirty look only caused Jon’s lips to press together and perk up in to an infuriating smirk that made Jet want to claw his face. “There is some good news, though. I do not believe our stop was the result of a wall.”

“That’s wonderful, Jonny. Unfortunately, our graceful landing has probably alerted every raider within ten miles of our arrival.”

“At least we’ll have company, eh?”

--

The door to the ship creaked as it slowly opened but before it was even half-opened; it groaned and fell to the ground. Standing in the entrance were two silhouettes, one tall and lean and the other so short and stocky that it was easy to miss. For a moment, they just stood there like some sort of prolonged scene from a dramatic play but actually the taller form was looking down at the fallen door, determining the best way to slide down without falling.

Jon crouched down and as he did, Jet scrambled up his arm and perched on his shoulder and had little difficulty in holding on as Jon slide down the broken door. As Jon stood up, he was immediately regretting the dress jacket he was wearing, despite it being thin.

“Ugh! It’s hot, Jet. For a moment, they just stood there like some sort of prolonged scene from a dramatic play but actually the taller form was looking down at the fallen door, determining the best way to slide down without falling.

Jon crouched down and as he did, Jet scrambled up his arm and perched on his shoulder and had little difficulty in holding on as Jon slide down the broken door. As Jon stood up, he was immediately regretting the dress jacket he was wearing, despite it being thin.

“Ugh! It’s hot, Jet. You feel at home, yet?”

Jet did not answer. He was busy scanning the area from Jon’s shoulder, a concerned look on his cat-like face. As a thisp, Jet preferred hot places such as this but his home planet was far more humid and its jungle environment offered protection from direct sunlight. This planet, however was practically a giant junkyard and the dry heat combined with all of the heat-absorbing metal made it nearly as bad as a desert.

“Hardly, this place is far more dangerous, Jonny.”

“I doubt that,” Jon quickly replied. “I remember you describing some of the predators of Isbit. Sounds like scary stuff.”

Jet hopped down from Jon’s shoulder and began a trot around the back of the ship. He moved on all fours with the canter of a cat and the dancing prance of a monkey. At just over three feet tall, Jet moved with a touch as light as a leaf in the wind and his gray skin helped him blend into almost any environment. Jet’s long ears, nearly as large as his head and his tail which was as long as his body kept him in balance on the ground and up high but they were also the prime attributes that added to every thisp’s comical appearance.

“Jon, it is very likely that we are not alone on this pla-,” but Jet was cut off as he rounded the ship and nearly ran in to S’s leg. “Jonny! Over here!”

Hearing the urgency in his friend’s voice, Jon ran to the front of the ship but stopped short when he saw S and Jet standing on the other side of her. Jon’s dark eyes narrowed, causing the bridge of his nose to scrunch up but it was hardly a stern look. Perfect for a man of his trade, Jon had a very unassuming face topped with a mop of dark hair that looked like a brush wouldn’t help it even if it had ever been touched by one.

“Hello, beautiful! Do you like your men tall and handsome?”

RogueMinstrel
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Whatever had just landed, had things inside, S soon discovered. She could vaguely hear voices talking about something somewhere and looking around the place she couldn't quite see where they were. The thing that had landed didn't seem to be in very good condition though if the sound of the previous bang was anything to go by.

It wasn't until something moved and she caught site of a cat like thing coming towards her and before almost colliding with her legs. Something told her that she'd never met one of these things before. Or maybe she had but she couldn't remember. Maybe they knew her and had been coming to save her. But was that a good or bad thing? Were they coming to kill her because she'd managed to escape or were they looking for her because she escaped?

It was all giving her a very painful headache.

"Do you know me?" Was the first thing that left her lips, her attention on Jet before she looked up as Jon arrived around the corner. And it was a rather strange question to be asking rather than saying 'Do I know you?"

She only looked more confused as Jon spoke to her. "Err, I don't know how I like my men... Is there something other than tall and handsome? Or is this some code? Have you come to rescue me? Do you know what happened to me?" She came out with the questions.

S had a lot more to ask but decided to start with the most important. If they did know her, then it would solve a lot of problems. But then cause a few more for her instead. And if they didn't know her, well that would just create more problems and solve none.

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RogueMinstrel on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:17 am

Placing his hands on his hips, Jet blinked and cocked his head to the side, looking up at S. His lips were pursed and he appeared to be frowning and though his attitude was far from such, his look was nothing short of comical.

Jet’s indignant stance caused Jon to point at him when he answered S’s third question. “Well, there’s that. Which do you think you would prefer?”

Jet’s frown suddenly became directed at Jon but now the thisp crossed his arms over his chest. He looked like a coiled spring ready to shoot through the air, the skin on his cheeks visibly trembling.

“She’s daft, Jon. Put that little brain of yours away and put the bigger one to use. We’ve just crash landed on a mech planet and there are likely raiders already on their way. We needed to be gone five minutes ago.”

Even while Jet was talking, Jon was smiling and shaking his head as he walked around S, looking her up and down the way a mother might look at her child who just emerged from a mud puddle. “I don’t think she’s daft, Jetticus. She seems…”

“Jonny! We seriously need to be gone from here! Whatever she is doesn’t matter. I am telling you that this planet is not likely uninhabited and-“

“I’ve got it! She has amnesia!” Jon liked to consider him-self intuitive at reading people and as a thief and a con-artist, he was but to come to a conclusion like that and be correct would make him more akin to an esper. Yet Jon Saturn was no esper but rather he recognized the tone, mannerisms, and even stance of an amnesiac. “Listen to her, Jet. She sounds just like I did after I woke up.”

“We so DO NOT need this right now, Jonny!”

“Hey sweetie,” Jon cooed. “Do you know what your name is?” The change in his tone was subtle but it became less lewd and more curious. “Did you wake up in a strange tank somewhere nearby and do you know how long ago?”

“Damn it, Jonny! If she’s like you then we both know that asking her a dozen questions is going to get us nowhere but nowhere! Can we at least move and talk? I have a bad feeling that-“ Jet suddenly stopped and his long ears began to twitch.

Jon could not hear it and S, if she were a normal human probably could not either but the thisp’s sensitive ears picked up a soft thudding sound, like boots against metal and a scraping like someone did not know how to pick up their feet when they walked. Jet drew back, suddenly on all fours and his tail began to whip back and forth as he looked around, his eyes always moving the opposite way as his head. One might say he looked like a cat on the prowl or a monkey ready to jump.

RogueMinstrel
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:02 pm

S was about to answer the question that Jon had asked, but Jet was talking and though she thought that he looked rather cute, she got the impression that he didn't like her being there one bit. She wasn't daft though. Something strong inside her knew she wasn't. She knew that much.

"I'm not daft." She interrupted them at some point but it didn't look like they heard her, continuing their discussion about getting out of here. Something told S that she needed to go with them, that she too needed to get off this planet. If she stayed, she had a strong feeling that she'd come to regret it, despite not knowing why.

When Jon diagnosed her condition, S frowned. Amnesia. Did she know that word? Had she heard it before? It felt familiar somehow. Her eyes soon came to focus on Jon and she turned as he walked around her, trying to face him at all times. His tone had changed and he now almost seemed concerned about her.

"I think this is my name." S moved the one glove to show the tattoo that boldly sat on her wrist. "I think that's my name. It must be if it's there, right? I woke up here... right..."

S trailed off as Jet stopped speaking. She turned to look at the other creature and saw his stance. She had no idea what that meant but something felt wrong. It was like a gut feeling that something bad was going to come out of this. It wasn't good at all. Maybe they didn't have time to get off the planet. Maybe someone had found her that wasn't supposed to find her... maybe...

Something, or rather someone suddenly came into view. He walked with a limp, his boot scraping along the ground as he moved and a few other people joined from behind him. He was about average size, built like a house yet slightly overweight with a ton of facial hair. She didn't recognise him and she was sure that if he was involved with her, then she'd at least recognise him. But maybe she'd simply tripped and fell, and nothing dodgy had gone on with her.

"Well, look wha' we 'ave 'ere, boys. A crashed 'hip and three beings for us. One for food, one for a pet, and... well, ya know the girl..." He smirked. As he said food, his eyes had being on Jon, as he'd said pet, his eyes had been on Jet; and well, the girl, it was obvious who he'd been talking about.

"Wha' ya say, boys? Shall we 'ave ourselfs a par'y?"

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RogueMinstrel on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 am

At the sound of the word pet, Jet arched his back and literally hissed. One would not think that such a sound could be intimidating coming from such a small creature but thisps were notorious for effectively targeting the most vital areas of a foe’s body. Not to mention, the hiss that exploded from his lungs sounded nothing like a cat and only slightly like a howling monkey but rather it sounded mostly like a large snake ready to strike.

Even Jon was put on edge but it was hard to tell by looking at him. His posture changed only slightly, his right hand resting on his hip and partially hidden by his jacket. His right knee was slightly bent and his left foot was planted firmly toes-down just beyond his waist. He was still smiling and he appeared perfectly relaxed.

“You hear that, boys? My friend over here is not the partying type and he’s also not the type to mess with.” Despite Jon’s easy tone, he was ready to make a run for it and grab S by the arm as he did but he didn’t move just yet. He made it plainly obvious to the approaching men that he had his hand on the pistol just under his coat.

The men all stopped and eyes Jon dangerously. They were likely not the smartest bunch in the galaxy but in a place like this, they were battle-hardened and knew how to tell bluff from buff. They all looked the part of typical raiders. Their leader was fat and scraggly and the two men behind him, though taller were noticeably scrawny and under-fed.

Jon couldn’t tell at first but the two men behind their leader were actually twins. One had a tall, purple mohawk of only three spikes while the other was half-bald with the small flap of red hair he did have covering his left eye. Despite their malnourished look, it was actually these two that Jon was worried about the most. They were most likely mistreated not just by the fat brute who lead them but by the rest of the group as well.

They were underfed with gaunt cheeks and sunken in eyes and Jon could see the desperation in them. You could bluff a lot of different people whether they were incredibly stupid (especially if they were stupid) or even if they were intelligent but desperate men were hard to bluff. Desperate men often had nothing else to lose.

The moments that passed were long and tense. The only thing that held the twitching twins back was their burly leader and even he knew that he could only bully them in to holding back for so long. It was an old fashion stand-off and Jon planned on making the first move.

Jon’s bluff worked just long enough and his right hand whipped out from under his coat but instead of a pistol it held a knife and instead of throwing it at the men who were too far away for such a tactic, he threw it at Jet.

Jet was already dashing forward and it would appear that the knife would hit the ground behind him but that wicked tail of his actually snatched it from the air and Jet was armed and howling and screeching as he ran right at the men.

Jon did not stick around to see the outcome. He trusted his friend as this was certainly not the first time they used this tactic. Instead, Jon ran in the other direction and reached out to grab S by the arm as he did so, heading for the nearest cover of old scrap piles that lead in to the planet’s natural wilderness beyond.

Jet had no intentions of actually attacking his opponents but rather he was going to jump at the bigger man and start scrambling around his torso, scratching, biting, and poking him with the knife.

RogueMinstrel
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:28 am

S was beyond scared. Not knowing who she was or why she was here, and then coming across a group of people that wanted to eat one of them, keep another as a pet and do things that they hadn't even mentioned to her... It caused a shiver of fear to go down her spine. Yet at the same time, S had a feeling that whoever she had been before waking up, it wasn't someone who was afraid. Was she a fighter? Or just mouthy and fearless which led her into trouble?

Jon and Jet seemed confident enough with these men though, and that they weren't going to get what they wanted. She hoped they didn't get what they wanted, at least. She couldn't imagine Jet willingly being a pet and she didn't dare think of Jon getting cooked and eaten!

"Did we say ya hadda choice?" The leader laughed in retort to Jon's words.

It was best to stay silent, S decided. It was best to just stand still and watch. What she didn't know was that she probably had the power to defeat all the men in front of her without even knowing it. She had no idea about her capabilities with no memory of what happened to her before. And Jon was very lucky that he didn't find out there and then. Otherwise this whole plan would have backfired easily. When he grabbed her arm though, his fingers wrapped around her gloved wrist.

She momentarily caught the knife hitting the floor with her eyes, and Jet picking it up with his tail before they were off and her eyes turned to focus on following Jon and not falling over. She soon learned that running was definitely not her forte. So if she had been captured, then she probably hadn't have escaped by running, she figured.

The fat leader on the other hand growled to the twins. "Ge' the o'er two! I'll deal wiv this fool!" He ordered before Jet managed to strike with the knife and his teeth and claws. The man didn't have time to grab his own knife as he shouted at Jet, struggling to get the thisp off of him and trying to shout orders to the other men.

"Get 'his 'hing off me an' under control!" He growled before crying out as the knife seemed to catch his stomach. "I'll whip ya inta shape when I get ya under my control, pet." He added among his yelps and fighting to get Jet off of him.

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RogueMinstrel on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:39 pm

As much as thisps hated such descriptions, the best way to describe Jet’s seemingly frantic movements were like that of a spider monkey. He poked and prodded the fat man with claws, teeth, and knife but the thisp simply did not have the strength necessary to cause any serious damage with an attack like that.

Just as it seemed he was going to run up the man’s torso and attack his face, he sprung off of his belly and back towards the ground. As soon as he touched the ground he was springing towards the closest twin on all fours, swerving slightly as the knife in his tail threw off his balance.

Meanwhile, Jon pulled on S and then ran in the opposite direction, hoping she would take the hint and keep running ahead without him. He charged one of the twins, the one with the purple Mohawk and just as it seemed like they were going to collide, Jon dived to the ground and rolled in to his legs. Too stupid to see the tactic before it was too late, the twin dove headfirst to the ground and smacked his face hard.

Jon only hoped that the man’s stupidity did not also means that he was too stupid to feel pain but he was probably so abused that he was used to it.

When Jon got back to his feet, he saw Jet running behind the other twin and he knew he was going to catch him but not before he made it to Jon. “Jet, hit him now!”

Jet didn’t even flinch, he only kept running after the twin and even if he jumped, there was no way he would have made reached the man but that was not Jon’s plan. He stopped and turned around and by the time he registered that the thisp was not close enough, it was too late.

Jon rushed him and drove his shoulder in to the man’s back just as Jet was wrapping himself around his legs. They were both sure that they had the situation well in hand but neither of them saw the fat man pulling a blaster out from his waistband and leveling at the two of them. Neither did they notice that other raiders were already surrounding the landing strip, staying hidden within the scrap metal and ready to ambush their prey.

RogueMinstrel
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:47 am

With all the running, S was scared. She was scared of the men behind her, she was scared about what was going to happen to her, scared about what was going to happen to Jon and Jet... She was pulled from her thoughts as she felt Jon tug on her arm, pulling her forwards and him running off in a different direction to where they had first being running. At first she was going to stop and follow, but then something inside her mind told her to just keep running.

Eventually, she came to a stop behind a big pile of scrap metal that the planet seemed to be made up of. She thought of running deeper, but it looked like a maze of metal hills and the last thing S wanted to do was get lost. And what if Jon and Jet got killed, or did get made into pets or worse, the threats of being eaten were real? If she stayed close maybe she could help in some way.

Turning around, S managed to peek over some scraps to watch the on-going battle, not that there was one. She was just in time to see the blaster being pulled out and pointed at both Jon and Jet.

"Don't fuckin' move or I'll kill ya both. Got it?" He growled at the man and thisp. "Ya both gunna pay. Now where did tha' girl get to?"

No! They couldn't have Jon and Jet! They just couldn't!

"Well, well, well, what do I 'ave 'ere?" S turned to look at the man suddenly behind her. Her eyes opened in shock at the muscle man that stood there. He was built like the ship that Jon and Jet had crashed here in. He looked like he could snap her in two. She was terrified. The smirk that sat on his face spoke for disaster - on her part. Pleasure for him. Looking around, no one else was there.

"'Ow about we 'ave some fun before ya get to play with the others?"

His hand moved out and touched her arm. S closed her eyes, expecting him to pull her closer. What happened next though, she didn't expect. The man seemed to tense up. Her eyes opened and her shocked look - half open mouth, matched his unexpected look. The man looked like he was in some kind of pain. His grip was tight on her arm and he was going pale fast. While she felt... energised and... well good... not so scared. It was like she could suddenly see into his soul, see his life, his memories, see him...

And then he collapsed to the ground. S just stood there in shock, staring at the man. Just then another came into the picture and frowned, seeing S and the heavily built man on the floor. At first she thought she'd killed him, until his eyes opened and he sounded like he'd ran a marathon, trying to catch his breath.

"What the fuck happened, Marckus?"

"Sh....don...skin...Don't..." He managed to get out.

The man came over, looking at S and then at his friend before helping the man up. After that, he made sure to grab S by her top and not touch her skin. Slowly coming over to where Jon and Jet were.

"This bitch did something to Marckus!" He cried out. "Look at him!"

And S was too confused and scared to simply grab the man holding her and touch her skin to his. She didn't understand what was going on and certainly wasn't going to grab another man and do the same either.

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RogueMinstrel on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Jon hadn’t caught S’ disabling of the man the others had called Marckus especially since he was suddenly preoccupied with the fat man and his gun. Jon immediately put his hands on top of his head and breathed out a long sigh. Shortly after waking up from cryosleep, Jon realized that he was stronger and faster than most other humans but he could still die just like anyone else and he thought it best to surrender now and think of a plan for escape.

“You caught us, fatso! Now what?” Jon yelled at him, giving him that cock-eyed expression that infuriated so many people before.

Jet shot Jon and indignant look as he too was putting his hands on his head. He was starting to wish that it was Krud who caught them instead as at least that big oaf could be bargained with. Then again, considering the deal Jon had screwed the former mercenary on, maybe he couldn’t. Still, he’d rather be dealing with someone he knew than this ravenous lot.

“Watch yer mouth, skinny! Nah git walkin’” the fat man with the blaster motioned towards where S and the fallen Marckus were and when Jet didn’t move fast enough, he kicked him in the back and laughed as he went tumbling forward.

Before Jet could get up, the two twins had him in their grasp, making sure that he could not wriggle free and cause them anymore problems.

Knowing that the wiry thisp could take care of himself, Jon was most sad to see the fat man grab his knife and tuck it in to his belt. Right then, Jon made a promise to himself to reclaim that knife and stick it in the man’s eye.

RogueMinstrel
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:43 pm

"I...I didn't do it..." The sheer look of panic on S's face matched her pale features. She looked as white a a ghost suddenly, despite the power surge she'd practically got from the muscle man that was barely able to walk.

"Wha' the fuck 'appened?" The fat man asked as he limped over, taking a good look at his man before going to grab S.

The man that had a hold of her shirt quickly swiped his boss' hand away. "Marckus says not ta touch 'er skin."

"I don't know... it wasn't me..." S was practically begging, the thought of touching any of them to get herself free and then Jet and Jon free didn't even cross her mind. She was too scared of what she'd done before to do it again. And she hadn't liked what she'd seen from the man named Marckus either. She didn't want to know what any of the other men had done in their lifetime.

"She tried ta kill 'im."

"I didn't! I didn't do it. I swear. Please just let me go..." S definitely wasn't from around here. She was better spoken than these brutes who looked like they hadn't seen a women in years. She was terrified.

"Touch 'er, Gren." Fatso ordered the man now holding her. "Touch 'er skin. Show me wha' she does."

The man frowned at the order. "But..."

"It di'n't kill Marckus, did it?"

The man looked at Marckus and then at S as he gripped her shirt tightly before hesitantly holding out his hand. He glanced at his boss one more time before his hand gripped around S's arm. S closed her eyes tightly, scared for what was about to happen. But nothing happened. S didn't hear anything for a moment.

"Nothin' 'appened?" Gren frowned, still holding her arm.

S frowned. That wasn't right. Something had happened last time. She opened her eyes to look at Gren and suddenly it happened. His face went blank, mouth open and it almost looked like he was having a seizure, just not shaking as much. His skin paled, everyone around gasping. S frowned, struggling to accept the onslaught of memories from the man.

She left the rush of energy hitting her body and then he went down, hitting the ground with a thud. Instead of running now that no one was holding her, S just froze, allowing another man to come and grab her shirt.

"Don't touch 'er skin." Fatso ordered before looking at S. "Can ya do tha' with anyone?"

"I don't know. I didn't know I could do that."

"Wha' abou' those people tha' keep appearin' 'ere? Tha' ones with powers?"

"I don't know!" S whimpered.

What was going on? She didn't remember having those powers before. But she didn't remember anything before waking up here. What was going on? S just wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear from these problems. Yet something inside her said that she wasn't this afraid of everything before she woke with no memory. That before, she was a fighter. So why didn't she feel like a fight now, when it mattered most?

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RogueMinstrel on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:49 pm

Jon kept his mouth shut when S dropped the man and he made it a point to glance knowingly Jet's way. The thisp returned the gaze and nodded. As far as anyone was concerned, the three of them had crash-landed together and Jon wanted to play the knowing card with their captors.

"She has psychokinetic atrophy, you oaf! Her power is constantly fluctuating so she can't properly regulate it." Jon had to bite his cheeks to stop from grinning when they all looked his way, dumbfounded expressions and all. He figured he could throw in enough big words to make himself sound credible to these nit-wits.

"Grab the girl," the fat leader growled at his men. "Don't touch 'er skin. Leave the other two. They just slow us down."

With that, the crew shoved them forward and Jon breathed a sigh of relief. At least now he'd have time to consider an escape plan between here and their destination.

RogueMinstrel
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:46 am

When Jon spoke, S looked his way, confused. How would he... She frowned, not sure what he was up to. Did he really know about her powers? Had he known all along? Had he been sent here for her? What was worse was when the men said they'd be taking her and leaving Jon and Jet. Her mouth opened to beg or protest, but it fell shut again, but the hurt was in her eyes.

In her mind, Jet and Jon had given her up so that they could go free.

Hands grabbed her clothes, and the men made sure not to touch her skin. Scared of her own power, she didn't try to use it to fight them off. One of the men came over with some rope, tying her hands in front of her and leaving a bit of rope with the idea of pulling her along so no one had to touch her, and she couldn't try to touch them.

They then moved over to Jon and Jet, pushing the men towards one of the piles of scrap metal that seemed to be in the direct sunlight. Smirking, the men had a good grip on the pair while they tied their hands behind their backs as best as they could, before finding a piece of metal that seemed firmly wedged into the pile. It was so hot that the men were already dripping sweat over their prisoners. With that, the men tied them to the metal.

"There ya go. Ya can roast 'ere." They laughed before moving away and back to where S and the others were.

A few feet away, lay a skeleton in the same position as Jet and Jon. This wasn't the first time they'd done this.

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RogueMinstrel on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:27 am

"At least we have company," Jet said sourly when he looked over at the skeletons of those left to a similar fate.

"You mean each other?" Jon replied merrily, his wrists already rolling around to work at his binds.

"Yep. You caught me, Jonny," Jet muttered as he climbed up Jon's back. The thisp had escaped his binds as soon as the men were out of sight. His species could rarely be kept contained by such primitive ties. A strong grasp was one thing but a thisp could contort their bodies in the weirdest ways, moving every which way short of actually displacing their joints of which some were actually capable.

"How do you propose we get the girl back, buddy?"

"I don't," Jet shot back. "We don't need her. These idiots left us out here. Now is our chance to salvage a few parts and get out of dodge!"

"Do you really expect me to leave a damsel in distress, Jetticus?" Jon flashed a wide grin, his eyebrows shooting up as he checked his sleeves to make sure his spring-loaded knife was still in working order.

Jet cringed at the nickname but as always, he resigned to follow his friend. Something about Jon Saturn appealed to the young thisp and his hidden desire for adventure. Besides, he was convinced that Jon would have died a long time ago without him around. Still, Jet couldn't resist a quip. "I would think twice, though Jonny of making your usual moves on her. Her touch seemed... less than delicate."

Jon only smiled though and started down the path the men had taken. He understood that they would likely send people to salvage what they could from the ship but he wondered what they would do with a woman they couldn't touch. It was hard to imagine that their imagination stretched quite that far but in reality, Jon was more interested in meeting their leader. In all forms, most well-established leaders are at least competent.

It was easy to simply fool a simple man but Jon always derived much more pleasure from deceiving a clever one.

RogueMinstrel
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:08 pm

The men weaved in and out the massive mountains of scrap metal that the planet seemed to be made of. S recognised none of the place. Nothing seemed even vaguely familiar. Had she come running out of one of these many pathways? Or had she just been dumped unconscious. She had no idea. But the men seemed to be making up her past for her. She wasn't stupid and could hear them talking about her powers.

"Thin' she's a witch?" One of them commented.

"Maybe. I mean she can take down a grown man. Who can do tha'? An' she's a woman." Another added, glancing back at her and tugging her forward.

They were in the direct path of the sun and it was really hot now. S decided that she wasn't one to like heat. Or not at this temperature as she was now hot and tired, struggling to keep up with what was fast becoming a long walk. The longer they walked, the more dragging they were doing. S fell more than a few times but none of the men dared touch her, all thinking it was a ruse to escape.

Finally they seemed to arrive at a destination that was made up of poorly constructed shacks. They were made of metal and anything else that could be found. When they got there, there were a few more men present and even a couple of women that looked horrifying and just as scary as the men did. The twins that had been with them moved off to go and do something of their own accord, but the women came over in interest.

They smirked when they saw the girl. "Where ya find 'er?" One asked.

"A ship. Two others 'ere but we tied 'em up an' lef' 'em 'ere." The guy replied.

The girl looked leerily at S before reaching out to touch the girl. "I wouldn't. She nearly killed Marckus and Gren wi' 'er touch." He then gave S a sharp tug. "Where's the boss?"

"Be back in a moment. Just out doing somethin' like usual. Tie 'er up ova 'ere where we normally tie them." The woman pointed to a pole in the middle of their 'camp'. The man nodded and simply pulled S over, as Fatso moved over to the woman ready to crawl all over her from the looks of his smile. If Fatso wasn't the boss, then S was scared to find out who really was the boss of this group.

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!