Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Role-playing buddy wanted!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Role-playing buddy wanted!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spherical on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Hello, everyone!

I'm new here, as you can most likely tell! I'm an avid role-player who has been playing for more than 10 years (can't remember exactly when I've started) and have still not lost any of my role-playing energy. In fact, it's probably doubled since my humble beginnings of poor word choices, small paragraphs and confusing dialogue (English is not my native language). I adore RPing and like to keep it in small groups of people (or even better - one on one) where the pace can be greater than in large threads where you have to wait for a lot of others to post.

I'm looking for another avid role-player that would like to join me in creating wonderful, intriguing, deep stories with emotion, character development, adventure and other things (cue majestic music). I myself am male and don't care whether you're male or female, as long as you're as excited about role-playing as I am. :) Now, before you decide to give me a go, here is what I like and offer in our potential role-plays!

What I like and offer (or am willing to play):
- Dragons
- Fantasy (or medieval settings with varying levels of magic and technology)
- Sci-fi
- Apocalyptic settings
- Romance (provided it's not incredibly fast, IE. love on first sight. Let it develop slowly as the RP goes on! Cross-species works as well)
- Character growth
- Original worlds, plots and stories
- Freeform role-playing (no usage of any combat systems)
- I can play either gender
- Short/longer posts (I'm flexible. I stand by the fact that short, action posts (with this, I certainly do not mean one-liners) can be equally as descriptive and relevant as long, detailed ones)
- When time permits both players, I LOVE having hours-long sessions of role-playing
- Adding the beauty of music to the flavour of the role-play (what I mean is listening to music that befits the mood of the role-play)
- Lots of energy and imagination
- Daily posting (usually more) and devotion (without wanting to sound holier-than-thou, I have never yet, in my entire role-playing career, left an RP by just abandoning it)
- Communication, communication, communication! I love talking and discussing the RP while it goes on via messaging programs!
- I'm very friendly :)

What I dislike (or will not play; please don't take offence, these are simply my preferences, it's not like I hate these things):
- Vampires/werewolves exclusive role-plays (I don't entirely mind them as NPC monsters or villians)
- Modern settings/gangs
- Gay romances (nothing against homosexuals, I just don't really feel I'd be completely comfortable with it)
- Overly sexual content
- Poor grammar (I'm under no illusion that my own grammar is perfect as English isn't my native language, but poorly-written and difficult to understand posts suck the enjoyment out of an RP. Of course, everyone has to learn and I was a beginner once as well, but at this time, I'd really prefer someone with a bit of a grasp on the language. Don't let this scare you off, though.)
- Anime fan fiction and similar (DragonBallZ and the like)
- Overly long posts (this might look like I'm contradicting myself, but what I mean with this is posts that are several pages long. Come on, we're playing together! :) )
- Disinterested people and those with too many obligations (we all have real lives, but come on, let's be fair to each other. If you can't post every day (barring exceptions, of course), then don't waste either of our times and say so at the beginning.)

I hope this wasn't too long and that I haven't come over as all haughty. The problem is I have been disappointed several times when I have been in excellent RPs that have turned into nothingness when the other party decided to simply stop for various reasons.

I'm open to ideas, but what I'd like to play most at this time is a fantasy world of my creation with an already developed plot. In essence, your character becomes involved with a dragon, a creature unheard of, and befriends it. In this medieval fantasy world, will you use this newly found ally for good or evil? Will you give into the temptations it places before you? And what is its goal? I guess you could call it a bit of a Game Mastered play, as I would be playing different NPCs and such as well. However, the story is not rigid and I'm excited when my role-playing partner takes a path I did not expect and have to adapt! More information when you give me a call! :)

If you're interested, please do post here or PM me and we'll talk details! Hoping to hear from you!

Kind regards,
Spherical
Last edited by Spherical on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Spherical
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Role-playing buddy wanted!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:16 am

Well hello there, Spherical! Nice to have you dropping by RolePlayGateway!

I understand that you're new to these forums, so let me just explain something real quick. I moved your thread from the Roleplayers Wanted section of the website to the Interest Check forum, which is just next door, and here's why.

Roleplayers Wanted is for roleplays that already exist. The GM of the thing has players already lined up, and even has a link to the bottom of the page with specific character skeletons. In some cases, the GM is only posting because he or she needs a role specifically filled before they can start the story, or continue it.

Interest Checks is for roleplays that aren't quite to that stage, yet. The GM is still looking for players to join up, and gather around and might not have set plot points to hit yet. That's where you are, just posting a list of your interests!

Hope that helps!

Another thing I feel I need to mention is that we don't allow for roleplay advertisements here that are going to take place on IM or even through PM. Why?

Well, imagine that you (and this is the allegory I use every time, so bear with me!) spent your whole summer working and busting your butt to be able to throw this really huge, epic party for everyone you know at the end of August. You have all the food, the guests, the entertainment .. and then as you're looking around, you see just one guy standing in the corner handing out invitations for another party that's happening down the street. Not cool, right?

In the same way, using our public boards to advertise for something that's going to be happening off-site, and out of view just doesn't seem all that sporting. We're not your Craig's List, your Amazon.com, or your eBay. Aside form being a bit unsporting, it makes the moderator staff think that something seedy might be going on if you can't share it with the rest of the community.

Here at RPGateway, we've got all the tools you could ever need to tell your own story, your way! Aside from the forums, we've got a bleeding-edge roleplay tab system with an integrated chat. Why take it somewhere else?

So yeah. There's something to mull over.

Best of luck finding players, at any rate! Any questions, just let me know!

VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spherical on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:38 am

Hello, ViceVersus!

First of all, apologies for the wrong forum. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention and the large amount of forums, along with the fact that the name "Roleplayers wanted" won me over. But, excuses aside, I admit I was careless and that's that. Thank you for moving the thread to an appropriate forum.

As far as having this site only as a "stepping stone" of sorts, I have to respectfully disagree. And before I go on explaining why I feel so, let me just say I completely understand I am a guest on this forum and the rules are there for a reason. However, I do not think my plea for private role-plays should be brushed off completely. First of all, it seems to be extremely difficult to find a gathering of avid play-by-post role-players of many different genres on the internet. This site is the first one I have come across to have this (and yes, it is due to the fact that role-plays are played right here and not elsewhere).

I've become a member of the forum by joining and posting and, while I prefer to do my role-playing in private (nothing seedy, I just prefer privacy; I guess you could call it a matter of taste), I love the resources that this site offers and can not deny about using the role-playing features built into it in the near future.

So, in essence, while I share the sentiment of plain advertisements for other sites being unsporting, I am in no way trying to recruit dozens of people or advertise another board; I simply wish to meet another person with the same role-playing views as I. I have actually thought about this being an issue, but seeing how many players have been looking for people about here, I did not think it a problem. Perhaps I simply have not been vigilant enough to notice they have been asking for people to play right here.

In any case, if this is still unacceptable, please let me know and I will rephrase the post. And now I'm thinking I should have sent you a PM instead... Ah, well. :)

Spherical
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varishmal on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Hey there, Spherical. I'm interested in your proposal. I understand what both you and Vice have said, and I believe that if you're just looking for an RP partner to have some private RPs with, then we could just keep it to PMs. No need to go off to another site or what-not. I am interested in most of the genres you're willing to play, and would gladly devote some of my time to a more private game.

Varishmal
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spherical on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Hello, Varishmal and thank you for showing interest in my RP! :)

I've already found a partner to RP with, though, so I'll have to regretfully decline your offer.

Regards,
Spherical

Spherical
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!