Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Roleplay Practice with ViceVersus

a topic in Growth, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

New to the literary world? Just want to improve on your already strong literary background? Get tips on your language skills here.

Roleplay Practice with ViceVersus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marzo on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:32 pm

The diner was small, run down to the point that it did not even have a name anymore; the paint of the sign outside had peeled off completely. All of the locals just called it ‘the diner’ with a hint of affectionate pride. Eleanor walked in with her sister and only felt nauseous.

Then again, since she became a werewolf everything made her feel sick. It was part of her heightened senses—things bothered her. Especially strong smells. Like the smell of coffee, for instance

Her sister Michelle walked purposefully with her hand held protectively around her sister’s wrist, leading her to a table in the corner where it looked like her food had already been prepared for her.

Which included, unfortunately, fresh dark coffee.

“Are you okay Eleanor? You look a little green.” Michelle said, sitting in her chair and crossing her legs together.

“Er—I’m fine.” She lied. Why did Michelle have to drink dark coffee? The pungent smell was making her stomach do flip-flops like a trapeze artist. She pulled up a chair on the far side of the table, noticing, with no surprise, that she still ate the exact same breakfast now as the day she had moved away four years ago. Two strips of bacon, two eggs, and one piece of toast.

“Order something.” Michelle stated. She adjusted the white headband keeping her dark hair from falling into her eyes; Eleanor preferred to let her own copper colored hair go where it pleased. Right now some of it wanted to be in a braid, and some of it didn’t.

They had barely seen each other for four years up until these last couple of weeks, and Eleanor marveled at how much her sister hadn’t changed. Her sister’s features were hawk-like, sharp and pronounced, her hazel eyes scanning the room with a focused intensity. Her dress made her look like a CEO for a corporation when she was really a store manager.

Eleanor, meanwhile, was faced with the awkward appearance of a newly bitten werewolf—she’d lost weight. How she did when she was eating twice as much as before she still couldn’t figure out. She used to be chubby but shed almost twenty pounds in the past few weeks. And all of it had gone everywhere but her face, making it look even rounder than usual. She was dressed in a cheap denim jacket and jeans with a hole in the thigh that wasn’t done intentionally.

A waitress came to take Eleanor’s order. Here she was faced with a dilemma; she was absolutely ravenous. Should she order the normal twenty year old’s amount of food so as not to arouse suspicion, or demand a giant stack of pancakes and bacon and throw caution to the wind?

She compromised. She only ordered a half-stack of pancakes but six pieces of bacon to go with it; not to mention the pancakes had bacon cooked into them. When the plate came she picked a piece of bacon up and began gnawing on it hungrily.

“You like bacon Elle?” Michelle asked with a smirk hidden by her coffee cup.

Eleanor stopped, realized that there were people watching, and put the bacon down with a sheepish grin.
"If you can dream it, you can do it."--Walt Disney

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marzo
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Roleplay Practice with ViceVersus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:23 pm

The bell above the diner door dinged.

" -- Grind it up, sprinkle it -- " a tall, thin man with a shock of reddish-blonde hair and a cheeky grin was saying, "I'm tellin' ya, Romey, it makes for the best damn eggs you'll ever eat. Scout's honor."

"Whadda you care about honor?" the one called Romey growled. He was built stockier. His hair was dark and chin-length. He gave the diner a sweeping once-over.

Both men wore dark formal attire with matching blue ties. They headed straight for the diner's counter. The thin man spun his stool before collapsing on it. The stocky one simply plopped himself down.

"You gotta lighten up, man!" the thin man punched his friend on the shoulder. He was all energy and smiles, rolling around in his seat, taking everything in. "You'd think smashing down a few doors would be therapeutic for ya, right?"

"I can think of one thing I'd like to smash," Romey grunted, head down. He glanced up slightly, and caught the thin man's eyes. They both grinned.

At this, the chipper waitress came over, offering menus and morning specials.

"You boys look ready for the day!" she said sweetly, taking their beverage order.

"Just had a helluva night, actually," the thin man propped his chin on a fist, gazing adoringly at the waitress, batting bright blue eyes. "Can I get a tall cup of you, to go?"

"Excuse my partner," Romey said, smirking wolfishly. "He gets a little loopy without a good night of sleep."

Unoffended, the waitress finished up their coffee order, and whisked back into the kitchen. A few minutes passed. The two men chatted a bit -- well, the thin man chatted, the stocky one just listened.

The thin man spun around on his stool, legs splayed. He was tall enough he could slouch against the bar with his legs still flat on the floor. He also did a scan of the diner, gaze resting for a half-second on Eleanor and her pile of food.

Just then, their waitress returned to take a food order. Romey went first.

"Full stack of pancakes," the thick-set man said in his soft, rumbling voice. "Oh, and two side orders of bacon. Any way to make that extra thick, do so."

"Feelin' hungry this morning?" the waitress beamed, scribbling on her notepad.

"It's like he said -- " Romey nudged the thin man beside him. "We had a helluva night."

But the thin man wasn't paying attention. For the first time since walking through the door, his spastic energy abated somewhat. He took in Eleanor's pale, emaciated appearance and the food in front of her. His blue eyes narrowed slightly.

"Hux," Romey grunted. "Tell the lady what you want!"

"Sorry!" the man called Hux spun around again, all energy once more. He slapped a palm on the counter. "Sorry, so sorry. Was just lost in thought for a moment. Yes, I'll have your Grand Slam, on cinnamon toast instead of the rye .. "

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marzo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:12 pm

“What’s so funny?” Eleanor asked, wolfing down the last of her food.

“Besides the piece of bacon hanging out of your mouth?” Michelle asked. Eleanor slurped it down. “I was just thinking about how you’ve been a vegetarian since you were ten all the way up until you were sixteen.”

Eleanor blushed. She’d actually been a vegetarian all the way up until a few weeks ago. Since then a bowl of lentils just wasn’t cutting it anymore. “Well, that was a phase,” Eleanor answered, deciding not to go into the details of when exactly she fell off the wagon, “And it wasn’t like I cared about the animals or anything. I only did that to lose weight so mom would get off my back.” She finished with a grumble.

Michelle raised an eyebrow quizzically. “She doesn’t still call you ‘chubs’ does she?”

“Never stopped.”

Michelle frowned. “If anything you’ve lost weight.” Eleanor could see gears turning in her sister’s head. And although she knew it was irrational—Michelle may write about werewolves, but she never even entertained the idea that they were real—Eleanor couldn’t help but feel a twinge of anxiety.

“Eleanor, I think you need to see a doctor.” Michelle said after a moment. “You have been losing a lot of weight. Something could be wrong.”

Oh no, no, no. The last thing she needed was a doctor taking a close, personal look at her DNA. She had no idea how the whole werewolf thing worked, but she knew that wouldn’t look normal.

“I don’t need a doctor. I’m fine.”

“You’re a terrible liar. There's something you're not telling me, isn't there?"

“You think I’m still doing drugs, don’t you?” Eleanor blurted out, surprising herself, praying to god that the noisy, crowded diner kept anyone from hearing this conversation.

Michelle’s mouth hung open slightly in shock before answering, “Of course I don’t Ella. But you’ve been so secretive, refusing to stay with me at my house
”

‘It’s not like I could hide metal restraints in my bedroom’ Eleanor thought.

“
And you’ve been acting strange since you got here. Seeing someone wouldn’t hurt.”

She saw the way Michelle fidgeted with the small silver cross around her neck. It occurred to Eleanor, in a burst of anger that Michelle was lying. She did think she was using.

“How would you know how if I’m acting strange?” Eleanor snapped. “You never came back home once to see me in four years. And
and I only started taking that stuff because you left, and I was upset and lonely
so I wouldn’t even be here if it wasn’t for you.” As soon as she said it she regretted it. Michelle’s mouth hung open slightly in shock, then closed again just as quickly, her lips forming a hard, thin line.

“I should probably go.” Michelle said, getting up and pushing her chair in.

“Chelly, I’m sorry. I didn’t—“

“No. I really have to go.” She pointed to the watch on her wrist. “I need to get to work. You can have the rest of my food; pay for it and I’ll give you my half tomorrow.”

She pushed in the chair, making a scraping noise on the linoleum floor of the diner. Eleanor grabbed her arm as she walked past.

“Sis, listen to me. I didn’t mean any of that.” She lowered her voice to ensure no one could hear. “I’m just a junkie and a loser who got arrested and kicked out of the house, alright? And it had nothing to do with you. At all. I swear.”

Michelle only smiled wistfully. “Thank you. You’re wrong—but thank you.” And she turned sharply and left before Eleanor had a chance to respond.

Eleanor only watched her go sadly. She stared off into space, wondering how her life could possibly be any worse; for a moment, accidentally, she caught the eye of a thin man on a stool at the counter. She looked away quickly, embarrassed, before finally picking the leftovers off Michelle's plate in shame.

Marzo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Although Austin "Hux" Huxley liked to goof around as much as the next guy, he had a sharp eye and good sense for investigating. The scene between Eleanor and her sister struck him as unusual. He couldn't hear what they were saying, but he could read their body language just fine. The thin man chewed the inside of his cheek.

"Say, Romey," Hux whapped his partner on the arm with the back of his palm. "Smell anything familiar in here?"

The one called Romey lifted his cup of coffee to his nose, and gave it a whiff. "Nothing but the smell of good ole Joe. Why?"

Hux drummed long, thin fingers on the counter top. He cringed at the stickiness. "Remember that report that came up a while ago? Somethin'-somethin' about a werewolf attack, and a new pup roaming around?"

"Yeah .. " Romey lowered his cup. He gave his partner a dark look. "Where're you going with this?"

Hux tapped his nose. "Look around, Romey."

Romey, such a hulking man, sniffed the air a few times. His eyes narrowed to dangerous slits. He scanned the diner just as he had earlier, upon entry. "I smell it. Just barely. There's too much going on in here for me to get a better idea of who."

"I have an idea," Hux said, a crooked grin on his face. His eyes settled back onto Eleanor. "And I think she just walked out the door."

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marzo on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:54 pm

The waitress came back after a few minutes, wrinkling her nose a little at the sight of Eleanor--her hair in frizzy disarray, her chin on the table, and her mouth suckling a piece of limp bacon.

"I'll...just leave you the check. Have a nice day." The waitress put it down on the table, going back into the kitchen. Eleanor reached into her pocket for her wallet--only to find, to her horror, that the wallet wasn't there.

"What? No. No, no, no. This cannot be happening." She must have left it at home. Now she needed to go through the embarrassment of watching dishes in the kitchen. Or beg a complete stranger for money. Or, worst of all, call up her sister and ask her to come back.

It was such a small thing, but after everything else she had been through, it was enough to make Eleanor finally lose her temper.

"WHY DOES MY LIFE SUCK?" She growled, slamming her fist on one of the plates. She still wasn't used to her new werewolf strength; the plate broke into pieces, and there was a large crack in the table. She turned red as she saw every head of the place turn to look at her.

She got up silently, pushing the chair in. Eleanor didn't even care that it was stealing if she left without paying. She just wanted to get out of there.

Marzo
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby goldenstitch on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Um hi
no.

goldenstitch
Member for 7 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!